PDA

View Full Version : What was the best thing you ate for Christmas??

KBigz81
12-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Mine was the peanut butter cup fudge that I made w/Suz's recipe. :drool:

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 08:11 PM
my diet was exactly the same as always :(

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Only thing I had off plan was a Cornetto ice cream cone. No boring bits! (It's an Aussie thing...yum!)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I actually had a slice of chocolate cake :eek:

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:27 PM
We're having Christmas with Sledge's family on the 30th when he gets back from work. i will be eating anything and everything available. I'm going to ask to try vegemite just so i can say I had it.

Ninja Loco
12-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Right now it's marinated beef skirt (mexican citrous and spices) and slices of avocado and tomato salted lightly with sea salt, pico de gallo and corn tortillas. Then it's going to be followed by Flan and apple pie plus a Snickers and a strawberry short cake ice cream samich.

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Damn...sounds good. I liked that spread your family puts out.

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 08:29 PM
I actually had a slice of chocolate cake :eek:
i would cut off at least 1 finger to have a piece of that cake too lol

Ninja Loco
12-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Damn...sounds good. I liked that spread your family puts out.
Snap! They were JUST NOW asking about you!!

And thats just what IM eating....

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Snap! They were JUST NOW asking about you!!

And thats just what IM eating....

Tell them all I said Merry Christmas. {{{hugs to all}}}

sassy69
12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Last nite was an amazing steak w/ sauteed vegetables. Tonite --- eh its carb up so flatbread pizza. Won't compete w/ the steak but it sounds good considering I've been keto'ing for most of the year.

And let me add... the 2005 Australian shiraz I'm having right now.... first drink in quite a while....

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 08:40 PM
i would cut off at least 1 finger to have a piece of that cake too lol

I passed up a lot of stuff tonight. Even at dinner, my stepmother was asking me why I watched everything that I ate so carefully.

Toniann
Right now it's marinated beef skirt (mexican citrous and spices) and slices of avocado and tomato salted lightly with sea salt, pico de gallo and corn tortillas. Then it's going to be followed by Flan and apple pie plus a Snickers and a strawberry short cake ice cream samich.

That sounds like a real good meal.

GirlyMuscle
Which brand? I love shiraz and pinot noirs. And being in Aussieland and all...

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I passed up a lot of stuff tonight. Even at dinner, my stepmother was asking me why I watched everything that I ate so carefully.

Your answer? Is she a shitty cook?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Your answer? Is she a shitty cook?

I did not even bother answering the question. I just kept shoving yam into my mouth.

This was the grandmother's cooking. You can never go wrong with the grandmother :yep:

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Then you should eat, eat, eat!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 08:47 PM
I have plenty here. Oddly enough, all I can focus on is tomorrow's food.

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 08:48 PM
lol my mother does that too.. italian mothers freak when you arent eating everything in sight hehe thankfully i didnt have to deal with that this year as my family is 1500 miles away now hehe

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
lol my mother does that too.. italian mothers freak when you arent eating everything in sight hehe thankfully i didnt have to deal with that this year as my family is 1500 miles away now hehe

That sounds just like Southern families. They love their food down here... a little too much.

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 08:53 PM
I must have the only food oriented family that doesn't push food on me. They all know and respect my bbing and even on holidays they don't pester me about it. I could sit with boiled chicken and broccoli on Thanksgiving and no one would say a word.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 08:57 PM
My stepmother is the only one that does not seem to get it.

Father - understands, or at least fakes it.
Biological mother - understands, bends over backwards to help and constantly provides food depending on what the current diet is.
Brother - understands and points me in the direction of good food
Extended family - understands and stands back and watches.

Why it is so hard for ONE person to be totally disconnected, unlike everyone else?

sassy69
12-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I must have the only food oriented family that doesn't push food on me. They all know and respect my bbing and even on holidays they don't pester me about it. I could sit with boiled chicken and broccoli on Thanksgiving and no one would say a word.

My family is also supportive food-wise... but they don't like the BB stuff. My poor mom kinda freaked out when I went up to visit right after my 2nd show this year. Both she & my dad were happy when I'd gained 10 lb by the end of the week & looked what they called "healthy again".....

GirlyMuscle
12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah, my mom made the comment at the end of my contest prep that should couldn't wait until I could eat normal again. By normal she meant my usual diet. It was rough at the end and it was hard for her to see me being so tired and burned out.

Ninja Loco
12-25-2009, 09:05 PM
That sounds like a real good meal.
You have no idea.... brutha tryin to gain some weight around here. So far it's not working.....

Ninja Loco
12-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Tell them all I said Merry Christmas. {{{hugs to all}}}
They just read it.... hugs right back. You made them smile, thank you. Oh and they totaly got the Marge Simpson avatar.

And I would kill for a good Port right now......AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH!!

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 09:08 PM
That sounds just like Southern families. They love their food down here... a little too much.
i have that double barrel.. italian mom who lives in the south lol i go to costco the second i go home to visit and cook for myself lol

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 09:17 PM
i have that double barrel.. italian mom who lives in the south lol i go to costco the second i go home to visit and cook for myself lol

Wow... that is rough. Well, at least you know then that in the South, they equate food/feeding someone with love... so at least the thought is good :)

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow... that is rough. Well, at least you know then that in the South, they equate food/feeding someone with love... so at least the thought is good :)
ya .. its the thought that counts i guess.. it actually just sucks because i LOVE lasagna and having to say no to it makes me cry inside lol

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 09:23 PM
ya .. its the thought that counts i guess.. it actually just sucks because i LOVE lasagna and having to say no to it makes me cry inside lol

I would have to shed a tear as well. But I mostly avoid stuff by choice, so I am never really bothered.

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 09:25 PM
I would have to shed a tear as well. But I mostly avoid stuff by choice, so I am never really bothered.
well we all avoid it by CHOICE tho hehe i choose to not get fat all the time but that doesnt mean i wouldnt love it if i could eat that shit and still be in shape hehe

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 09:32 PM
well we all avoid it by CHOICE tho hehe i choose to not get fat all the time but that doesnt mean i wouldnt love it if i could eat that shit and still be in shape hehe

A little here or there should not be an issue. But these people who somehow magically rationalize eating with reckless abandon daily... round is a shape, right? I guess technically, they ARE in shape :p

Hardly desirable. I understand a female bodybuilder/fitness/figure competitor's offseason weight gain. I will never understand anyone else's though, if it is not muscle.

fitmomma3
12-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Right now it's marinated beef skirt (mexican citrous and spices) and slices of avocado and tomato salted lightly with sea salt, pico de gallo and corn tortillas. Then it's going to be followed by Flan and apple pie plus a Snickers and a strawberry short cake ice cream samich.yum what is this piece of heaven you speak of? SOUNDS SO GOOD!!!

fitmomma3
12-25-2009, 09:35 PM
my fav thing and seemed to be a crowd favorte was apple cream pie. take mile high apple pie cut out about a four in circle and stuff it with homeade whip cream and put the top back on with some cream poking out. Soo YUMMY its insane. I always say I want pie but I want cake for the frosting this was the best of both!

barbellbarbie
12-25-2009, 09:36 PM
A little here or there should not be an issue. But these people who somehow magically rationalize eating with reckless abandon daily... round is a shape, right? I guess technically, they ARE in shape :p

Hardly desirable. I understand a female bodybuilder/fitness/figure competitor's offseason weight gain. I will never understand anyone else's though, if it is not muscle.
this is very true but here is the problem.. i haven't eaten anything fun in ages and honestly, i am basically afraid if i taste it again i will go insane and not be able to stop immediately LOL

sassy69
12-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Last nite was an amazing steak w/ sauteed vegetables. Tonite --- eh its carb up so flatbread pizza. Won't compete w/ the steak but it sounds good considering I've been keto'ing for most of the year.

And let me add... the 2005 Australian shiraz I'm having right now.... first drink in quite a while....

... too many onions on the pizza :(

Gaoshang Xiongshou
12-25-2009, 09:45 PM
this is very true but here is the problem.. i haven't eaten anything fun in ages and honestly, i am basically afraid if i taste it again i will go insane and not be able to stop immediately LOL

I do not have anything to offer regarding this. But from my experience, I think you should be able to stop with whatever it is in a relatively short amount of time because it is like having been cleansed of toxic stuff. After a while of being without certain things, the body is not used to it, and when it comes back, your body wants to reject it for whatever reason.

Like, I love Mountain Dew. But I very rarely drink any soda, and cannot even remember the last time I had one... maybe six months ago?? All I drink is water, so that is all my body wants. If I try to drink one, I cannot even get halfway through it before I am feeling ill in some way. So even if I have a craving for something, I know it will be satisfied quickly... and of course, if there is any residual bad feelings left the next day after having had whatever, that is usually enough to make me want to stay away for a long while.

It could just be me, but you might be able to get away with having some and still staying on course.

Ninja Loco
12-25-2009, 10:35 PM
yum what is this piece of heaven you speak of? SOUNDS SO GOOD!!!
Ahhhh... it's actually an ice cream cycle on a stick. Strawberry ice cream with strawberry nuget covered with some kind of sprinkled cookie crust thing. OMG..... Ive never seen them anywhere except the ice cream vendors that come around in a van.

figurebre
12-25-2009, 10:57 PM
steak n potato! and a collection of cookies.

KBigz81
12-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I had a crazy amount of cookies. I ended up making 11 different cookies this year. Christmas for me is a 4 day event. Christmas eve is with my husband's Italian family, Christmas Day is w/my Mom's side of the family, Day after Christmas is with my parents, and New Years Day is with the other side of my husbands family. So its makes for alot of calories too..oh well only comes by once a year. I'll probably have to hit up the keto diet first of the year, but its well worth it!

tammyp
12-26-2009, 06:35 AM
i had PB pie...it was awesome! never made it before...that was it, uneventful food day.

Vulcan
12-26-2009, 07:50 AM
I had a lobster tail and a big slice of prime rib with steamed veggies. Santa was good too me!

ms_moneypenny
12-26-2009, 08:58 AM
traditional turkey dinner was amazing, but my mother's yams with brown sugar and butter in them was UNREAL!!

Suzanne
12-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Apple Pancake (from Walker brothers) - it isn't what one would think of as a pancake, it is thick and full of apples like a pie

Jumbo Triple Chips Cookies warmed up with ice cream on top

Crackers, Cheese, Italiam Dry Salami

essmonet03
12-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I had some delicious apple bread that my room mate made... its was so delicious! and then the usual chicken and protein shakes and etc etc... (the boring stuff)

essence monet:yep:

Suzanne
12-26-2009, 01:29 PM
I had some delicious apple bread that my room mate made... its was so delicious! and then the usual chicken and protein shakes and etc etc... (the boring stuff)

essence monet:yep:

oh ya shit gails pb bars were freaking delicious! i had several of them and the apple bread mmmmm mmm mmm!!!!

shankuan
12-28-2009, 03:56 PM
the best thing i had this time around was 'ham' and my mom's sorrel...i eat/drink it at NO other time for the year..not even during off season. So it was complete HEAVEN just having a few slices of ham complete with cloves and pineapple and a couple glasses of sorrel.

Suzanne
12-28-2009, 04:24 PM
...i eat/drink it at NO other time for the year..not even during off season.

why?

shankuan
12-29-2009, 08:42 AM
why?

Because nobody makes ham like my dad nor sorrel like my mom...so i don't waste time eating it lest i be disappointed. Other than that i really don't feel for it at any other time of the year. Jerk pork on the other hand...is something that If i could have it all year long especially during prep i'd be a HAPPY(IER) PREPPER!:yep: