PDA

View Full Version : Anon question - AAS / night sweats => menopause?

sassy69
12-26-2009, 11:10 PM
From anonymous PM:

I'm three weks into a cycle of 10mg EOD of test p. I seem to have night sweats..even on t3, var, or primo and now I also do on test p. They become less when I'm off. Do you think the aas can bring on penomause early? Do you think it's a side? or am I just going through menopase? I'm 45. Period stopped since January, but showed up after quite a while.

sassy69
12-26-2009, 11:32 PM
I think I'm going to look first at the presence of metabolism-altering compounds before getting hung up on peri-menopause. Night sweats are very common amongst AAS users, though you particularly hear about it w/ trenbolone - but not exclusively.

I did some googling on 'steroids night sweats' and found a bunch of refs that are peripheral to the topic of steroids, but not specifically, unless you spend time reading / digging. You'll also find a whole pile of forum discussions that illustrate the wide occurrence of night sweats w/ AAS, not just tren. So all in all, I think you don't need to be anticipating menopause just yet. Not saying its not possible, but you've got other culprits that are also easily the source of the issue. Anything that manipulates your metabolism can make you overheat at night.
Here's one article on the topic of night sweats:

(Not familiar w/ this website...: http://cll.acor.org/pp%20night%20sweats.htm)

Night sweats occur in lots of people in lots of situations. The most
innocuous of them is what some researchers had defined as the 2 A.M.
type. Most commonly experienced as an over heated /mild sweating in
the head, chest, and elbows and knees (where the person would have
"bent" their joints), it is thought to arise from a combination of
temperature rising due to blanket coverings and the daily normal drop
in circulating steroids. These typically last for a few minutes; many
people can sleep through them or simply toss off some covers and go
back to sleep.

Hormonal night sweats as experienced by peri-menapausal women and men
undergoing the same drop in secondary sex hormones (sometimes known
as viripause) is quite similar to the 2 A.M. type. The locations of
the sweating are the same however, this is usually more severe.
People do wake up with discomfort (and anger at their sleeping
mate!). They can last for as long as 20 minutes. Taking off blankets
doesn't provide immediate help. These can happen multiple times
during the night. Estrogen in any form will lessen the severity of
these for perimenapausal women.

Systemic night sweats associated with disease usually involve the
entire body and are not confined to a specific hour during the night.
It is thought that there is a combination of the drop in body
temperature seen with the drop in steroids, an alteration in blood
flow especially seen if there is kidney stress, and the increased
metabolic rate that occurs with malignancies account for these. many
who experience these find relief when their disease is under tight control.

barbellbarbie
12-26-2009, 11:44 PM
45 is young for actual menopause. prop does seem to cause your period to stop though and it is a side that goes away once your hormones stabilize post cycle. i have run 2-16 week cycles involving prop and this has happened on both occasions.. also night sweats.. day sweats.. in general just being a lot warmer is also totally normal in my experience.

in the last year i have done a prop/primo (16 weeks) then off 8 weeks and a prop/eq (16 weeks) cycle and literally had my period twice since last december. both about 6-7 weeks off cycle. I wouldnt worry too much

sassy69
12-27-2009, 01:31 AM
45 is young for actual menopause. prop does seem to cause your period to stop though and it is a side that goes away once your hormones stabilize post cycle. i have run 2-16 week cycles involving prop and this has happened on both occasions.. also night sweats.. day sweats.. in general just being a lot warmer is also totally normal in my experience.

in the last year i have done a prop/primo (16 weeks) then off 8 weeks and a prop/eq (16 weeks) cycle and literally had my period twice since last december. both about 6-7 weeks off cycle. I wouldnt worry too much

Generalizing the thought - most any AAS will interrupt your period. The "time to come back" - you can ballpark it by looking at the detection time of your compound(s), but still its up to when your individual body figures out that its at a good balance again.

And I agree 45 is a young menopause... I think you'd be looking well into your 50s before worrying about full-on menopause. (Again broad generalization.)

barbellbarbie
12-27-2009, 05:05 AM
well my post is just from personal experience not trying to say that this is in anyway what WILL happen

musclemilf
12-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Menopause is not an overnight "flip a switch" thing. Perimenopause can be a 8-10 year journey and if 51 is the average age of menstrual cessation, then early 40's is where most women's hormone levels start to down regulate. I wouldn't rule out perimenopause as the culprit. I went through this from 37 until my last period at 45. I had to do TONS of research for assurance because doctors are not trained well enough in this area. Additionally, perimenopause is often not caught on a blood panel because hormone level wildly fluctuate during these years and blood tests could show "normal" on a good day.

cat
12-29-2009, 05:32 PM
From anonymous PM:

I'm three weks into a cycle of 10mg EOD of test p. I seem to have night sweats..even on t3, var, or primo and now I also do on test p. They become less when I'm off. Do you think the aas can bring on penomause early? Do you think it's a side? or am I just going through menopase? I'm 45. Period stopped since January, but showed up after quite a while.

If you are trying to calculate your suspected onset of menopause it is generally best to look at your female relatives, mother, grandmothers, sisters, etc. because often times these hormonal set points are genetically predetermined. In addition, perimenopause is considered medically to be a process that can start in your mid 30s and continue well into your 50's-oh joy, right?

However, I agree that I would first look to the use of any exogenous substances first before thinking menopause.

s2h
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
good cal cat my wife is 53 and a BB she still hasnt hit menupause but has similar symptoms as Sasy on AAS use!!!