PDA

View Full Version : Doing Egg whites and shakes for a few days....

DCtraininggirl
12-27-2009, 12:53 AM
What do you guys think?? I really did some overkill for Christmas, so I'm thinking doing a cleanse type thing with eating egg whites first meal of the day and protein shakes every 2 hours there after for a few days. What do you guys think??

GirlyMuscle
12-27-2009, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't. You'll be starving and setting yourself up for a binge. Just get back on your regular plan and drink lots of water. You'll drop the water/carb bloat in a couple of days.

Trust me. I used to do shit like that. Binge and then drink nothing but shakes the next day. It really messes with your head and you'll feel like crap. Best thing you can do is get on plan right now. The past is the past and you can't undo it so no use in fretting over it.

sassy69
12-27-2009, 03:57 AM
Just get back on your regular diet and the water will take care of itself in a couple of days. Extreme swings back & forth really just confuse your body. Consistency is what lets it find homestasis. You could approach it like a refeed or a high carb day on a carb rotation if you want to- but don't go extreme. Maybe just cut your carbs a little. But the water will be gone soon enough.

DCtraininggirl
12-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice....just wanted to know if it wisdom or not, and now I have my answer...and yes I swear I have retained like 10 lbs of water...lol

sassy69
12-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice....just wanted to know if it wisdom or not, and now I have my answer...and yes I swear I have retained like 10 lbs of water...lol

If you're really uncomfortable, you can get some OTC diuretics like dandelion root / uva ursi to help move some water. If you're really into it, some colon cleanse will get things cleared out too.