PDA

View Full Version : Older female exercise program

Youngguns
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
65 years old, doesn't routinely exercise, Female.

- overweight by 30 pounds (at least)
- very poor posture
- no stomach muscles at all
- back problems - lower back aches and mid back pain just under my left shoulder blade - from an accident I was in 10 years ago.

Looking to start easy and then build up to a full exercise regime - would like to start off with no more than 5 exercises and end up with a max of 10 (or so).

What type of exercise program would fit in with this situation and expectations?

GirlyMuscle
12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Are you a personal trainer, YG?

Youngguns
12-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Are you a personal trainer, YG?
Did Albert Einstein consult with his associates before making the A-bomb?

I'm looking for opinions and suggestions that aren't in a condescending manner, which I feel your post has suggested.

GirlyMuscle
12-28-2009, 01:02 PM
If you are a certified personal trainer you should be able to do this basic calulation.

9th grade science students didn't bug Einstein for answers. I would expect if you are half as good as you claim to be you'd be able to do this on your own.

s2h
12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
hey young guns she basically called you a jackass!!!!!!!!!!!

GENESIS
12-28-2009, 01:49 PM
If you are a certified personal trainer you should be able to do this basic calulation.

9th grade science students didn't bug Einstein for answers. I would expect if you are half as good as you claim to be you'd be able to do this on your own.

wow. bitchy much? and lol at misspelling calculation. basic eh?

GENESIS
12-28-2009, 01:51 PM
65 years old, doesn't routinely exercise, Female.

- overweight by 30 pounds (at least)
- very poor posture
- no stomach muscles at all
- back problems - lower back aches and mid back pain just under my left shoulder blade - from an accident I was in 10 years ago.

Looking to start easy and then build up to a full exercise regime - would like to start off with no more than 5 exercises and end up with a max of 10 (or so).

What type of exercise program would fit in with this situation and expectations?

i would do alot of core and ball work. this will not only strengthen the back but develop the ab muscles she needs.

juiceinator3000
12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
wow. bitchy much? and lol at misspelling calculation. basic eh?

u serious? she forgot a c. its not like she completely misspelled the word

GirlyMuscle
12-28-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm not bitchy but YG claims to be a great personal trainer with tons of clients, He should be able to figure out how to train a basic client instead of mooching off the memebrs of RXMuscle.

GirlyMuscle
12-28-2009, 01:54 PM
It's called a typo.

GENESIS
12-28-2009, 01:59 PM
It's called a typo.

i call it not proof reading.

i gave my advice. im done here.

Youngguns
12-28-2009, 03:34 PM
i would do alot of core and ball work. this will not only strengthen the back but develop the ab muscles she needs.
Thanks for the comment Natural, glad to see others who enjoy helping people instead of using condescending remarks to feed their ego.

Sledge
12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Medical Assessment and clearance first.
Then do an assessment for yourself, you know the normal stuff with any client BP, resting heart rate etc etc the usual stuff.
Then I'd work with primal movements first depending on the outcome of the assessments. working around the pre existing medical problems.
Make sure you get plenty of regular feedback.

Expectations. Raise in energy levels, improved posture to start with then on from there after reassesment

GENESIS
12-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Medical Assessment and clearance first.
Then do an assessment for yourself, you know the normal stuff with any client BP, resting heart rate etc etc the usual stuff.
Then I'd work with primal movements first depending on the outcome of the assessments. working around the pre existing medical problems.
Make sure you get plenty of regular feedback.

Expectations. Raise in energy levels, improved posture to start with then on from there after reassesment

"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to sledge again"

mrbungle13679
01-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Clearance from doc first, I'd go for some water based exercises for reduced impact on joints as your client is overweight and already has pains. Go for the ball work to start her using her core muscles once again. Get her walking and moving to begin with, find out what her hobbies are and work on designing an exercise programme to compliment those activities so she can continue to do them.