PDA

View Full Version : Period ...

~Dayna~
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I know every women is different just wondering who here has found there cycle adjusting since they started competing and how?

For me personally my body has adjusted big time the first time I dieted down I lost my period early at about 19% body fat the last time I (which was my forth year competing) competed I didn’t actually completely lose it. However it did shorten my or was very light spoting only 2-3 days max even off season my period has become shorter 3-4 days before competing it would be 5-7 days. Maybe it has some thing to do with my age as well still getting a period at all as I am still in my "child bearing" years.

sassy69
12-29-2009, 03:12 PM
FWIW, I noticed my period dropping down to a 2-3 days cycle around 30 yrs old. Used to be a miserable full 7 days when I was < 20.

Otherwise, like clockwork - outside of my first semester away at college (stress), it stops at 11% bodyfat, comes back at 15%.

Toniann
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
I have the copper IUD inserted last year and between cutting for my show I only got my period 3 times this year. It was nice to not get bloated and get headaches.

GirlyMuscle
12-29-2009, 05:15 PM
I've never been regular without being on some sort of hormonal BC. Comes anywhere from 4-6 weeks. When I was a teenager it stopped once for 9 months (I was not pregnant). I'm 45 now. It stopped last January but just started again this month. I couldn't tell you my bodyfat through all this. So let's just say I've always been irregular and I don't know if bbing has anything to do with it now.

juiceinator3000
12-29-2009, 06:37 PM
i just posted this not too long ago, but after losing a fair amount of BF my girlfriend pretty much completely lost it all together. she had it one time this year, in June after she did her first show, which was in April. Ive talked with numerous women who are on both ends, some don't get theyre period while prepping for a show, some get it the whole way through. it's very odd, yet i find it extremely interesting, even more so than a man, the workings of the female body

sassy69
12-29-2009, 07:07 PM
i just posted this not too long ago, but after losing a fair amount of BF my girlfriend pretty much completely lost it all together. she had it one time this year, in June after she did her first show, which was in April. Ive talked with numerous women who are on both ends, some don't get theyre period while prepping for a show, some get it the whole way through. it's very odd, yet i find it extremely interesting, even more so than a man, the workings of the female body

Sometimes I think I'd trade complex (aka "extremely interesting") workings of the female body for simple (male) any day of the week....

juiceinator3000
12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Sometimes I think I'd trade complex (aka "extremely interesting") workings of the female body for simple (male) any day of the week....

oh I completely agree with you. It's much easier being a man. I give every woman out there in the pursuit of building muscle and strength way more credit than i would give any man. there is just so much more that goes into training being a woman, especially prepping for a show. being that i don't have a cycle every month my cravings for carbs are really insignificant during prep, and honestly i thank god i was born male because i don't have the willpower to prep with those horrible cravings most women get