PDA

View Full Version : How many days do you cook meat for??

Koubs
03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
My friend cooks his chicken every day for that day only.... I couldn't imagine doing that... Personally, I cook my chicken on Sunday and I make enough for the whole week, then just warm it up when it's time to eat... then i cook it again the following sunday... I cook my steak a little more frequent, maybe every 5-6 days

He says he thinks it would 'taste funny' if you warm up chicken/steak several days later... How long do you guys cook your food for?? Why?? When do you think it 'goes bad'?? and any 'horror stories' from eating meat that has gone bad?

SallyAnne
03-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I try to cook for the week, but I'm feeding 2 other people besides myself - sometimes it doesn't last that long.

chucksm00th
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
2x per week....going a whole week i feel the meat tastes different...i prefer sun and wed-thurs..

Cooking everyday would be a pain, unless your like Jay Cutler and dont have anything else to do but eat sleep and train

BEAST MODE
03-04-2009, 05:44 PM
2x per week....going a whole week i feel the meat tastes different...i prefer sun and wed-thurs..

Cooking everyday would be a pain, unless your like Jay Cutler and dont have anything else to do but eat sleep and train

I cook on the same days as you Chuck. I feel the same way. If it goes longer than 3-4 days, it tastes funny...especially chicken. I cook this way w/ everything. Meat, veggies, rice, eggs, etc.

SallyAnne
03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Sometimes I'll cook a turkey or a big roast and then freeze the meat in portion sizes if I feel we can't consume all of it in a week.

musclegoddess65
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I usually cook on Sunday for the week... portion it out into my glad ware containers so all I have to do in the morning is grab and go....

indianamonster1986
03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
i cook my meals daily. I like it fresh. Just me. I used to do it in advance....then again two of my meals are protein shakes, then a can of tuna, then eggs, the other two are chicken and fillet Mignon

GirlyMuscle
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
I do both. Fresh and ahead of time. Usually not more than 5 dyas at a time.

indianamonster1986
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
I do both. Fresh and ahead of time. Usually not more than 5 dyas at a time.

i do ahead of time if i get a package of purdue chicken breasts with three to a pack.

bigdaddyd
03-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Me or my wife cook dinner and when we do that, we make the chicken or whatever for the next day too. Sometimes I will make 2 or 3 days worth if I know what is up with the week ahead. But I always have canned chicken and tuna on hand as a last resort.

tiramisu
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
The boss cooks monday-friday's chicken and meat for me on sunday morning.

GrowthGifted
03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I cook all my meals everyday

The Thinker
03-04-2009, 07:52 PM
We cook 3, maybe 4 days in advance. I don't trust it any longer than that.

MichaelWayne
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Depends on the work week. If I have the day off, I prefer to cook my meals as I eat them. Went long enough (for me) eating re-heated or cold precooked food. No thanks, just prepared tastes so much better. Plus, it just makes me feel better, like when you where a kid and your parents made your meals.
But, if I am gone for the day, I will cook for that day in the morning. Fresher the better.

Have four tubs I see more in a day then I've seen my parents in the past two years! lol Steak, chicken, frozen broc and frozen brus sprouts.

anthony1992
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I cook all my food for the next 3-4 days

nitro
03-05-2009, 05:12 AM
I cook all my food for 5 days.

Gray
03-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I do it slightly different. I throw 10-15 chicken breasts in a big bowl full of low fat marinade sauce and stick it in the fridge. It usually takes me about 4-5 days to get through it but I cook it fresh everyday. It tastes delicious since the marinade had some time to really pull into the chicken.

Larry C
03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, it's a pain having to clean every morning. Think I'll be going with cooking my chicken on Sunday to do me until Wednesday and Thursday for up to Sunday.

jo1
03-06-2009, 08:45 AM
i do it for a week, coock all my chicken for the 7 days, i dont freez it, i juz put it in the fridge, and tehn heat it up, i wonder whats the max u can keep it for, i really would not keep it longer tahn 7 days, and coocking every day would kill me, having to eat 6x a day is alot already, i duno where u guys that coock every day get the time, and il get bored and furstrated quikly when coocking every day, then il eventually give up everything.

i would also like to hear how the rest of the forum members do theres.

Larry C
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
i do it for a week, coock all my chicken for the 7 days, i dont freez it, i juz put it in the fridge, and tehn heat it up, i wonder whats the max u can keep it for, i really would not keep it longer tahn 7 days, and coocking every day would kill me, having to eat 6x a day is alot already, i duno where u guys that coock every day get the time, and il get bored and furstrated quikly when coocking every day, then il eventually give up everything.

i would also like to hear how the rest of the forum members do theres.

To cook everyday I have to get up at half 5 or 6. Getting pissed off with washing though so I think I'll start cooking twice weekly.

jo1
03-06-2009, 01:19 PM
To cook everyday I have to get up at half 5 or 6. Getting pissed off with washing though so I think I'll start cooking twice weekly.

what bout one a week.

or do u think its 2 risky keeping the chick longer.

Larry C
03-06-2009, 03:29 PM
what bout one a week.

or do u think its 2 risky keeping the chick longer.

I've read that chicken is best kept for 3-4 days, I'm not sure if this is because of health risks or just for taste and I've not left it for more than 2 days myself yet so I've not tried it for a full week. There's also not enough room in my fridge for a weeks worth of chicken fillets so I'm gonna try out the twice per week routine from this Sunday.

Shulk
03-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I just began cooking my chicken for three days. I get the chicken tenders from Target and put Franks red hot sauce on it. Thats a little recipe my friend Koubs taught me. Either I'm hungry as hell, or this is the best chicken I have had recently. I add a little hot sauce to the chicken once I heat it up and its amazing.

If I make steak I only make enough for one or two days. When I make steak I put garlic roasted herb from McCormick on it and some Kosher salt. That tastes great too. I add a little green tabasco to the steak as well. Im on a hot sauce kick lately since I have been dieting for a show.

Por2gue
03-08-2009, 03:02 AM
My steaks go on the grill fresh. Chicken every 4 days as with fish. Ground stuff I can go weekly.