PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss in Female & Test E

PFEPerformance
12-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey ladies -
I have a gal pal who is a BB and just started a cycle of
Test E (500mg per wk) and Deca (250 mg).....

She is experiencing considerable hair loss and getting mixed responses as to what she can do to at least slow this down. She is telling me that her hair is litterally coming out in CLUMPS......very upsetting for her!

You gals who have used a similar cylce - anything I can take back to her to help would be appreciated!!!

I am a Figure gal and don't use any of the above so I can't offer her any educated advice.

Thanks!!!
~L~

Toniann
12-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey ladies -
I have a gal pal who is a BB and just started a cycle of
Test E (500mg per wk) and Deca (250 mg).....

She is experiencing considerable hair loss and getting mixed responses as to what she can do to at least slow this down. She is telling me that her hair is litterally coming out in CLUMPS......very upsetting for her!

You gals who have used a similar cylce - anything I can take back to her to help would be appreciated!!!

I am a Figure gal and don't use any of the above so I can't offer her any educated advice.

Thanks!!!
~L~

That's pretty obvious, stop taking the test and deca. Curious where did she come up with that cycle?

barbellbarbie
12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
are those doses for real? if so. what is she thinking??? is she trying to give herself a chemical sex change? thats the same cycle my male friend is on.. losing her hair is the least of her problems..

musclemilf
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Personally, I would stop or reduce the amount of test and deca or remove one element at a time to see which compound is causing the problem. I'm not sure if it's test or deca that converts to DHT (could be both and she's getting a double whammy)

Also, is her hair really coming out in "clumps" or is she just shedding a large amount of hair. I encountered an alarming amount of shedding over the summer (not AAS related) and Sassy recommended 1% 0r 2% Nizoral shampoo. I also incorporated 5000mcgs of biotin a day, put a filter in my shower head and switched shampoos to non-sulfate one. All of the above seemed to slowed down my shedding considerably.

GeminiJedi
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Personally, I would stop or reduce the amount of test and deca or remove one element at a time to see which compound is causing the problem. I'm not sure if it's test or deca that converts to DHT (could be both and she's getting a double whammy)

Also, is her hair really coming out in "clumps" or is she just shedding a large amount of hair. I encountered an alarming amount of shedding over the summer (not AAS related) and Sassy recommended 1% 0r 2% Nizoral shampoo. I also incorporated 5000mcgs of biotin a day, put a filter in my shower head and switched shampoos to non-sulfate one. All of the above seemed to slowed down my shedding considerably.

When my nutrients (from bad diet and missing my multivitamin) are off I shed a considerable amount, too. I lost a lot of hair during my first prep, and nearly NONE this prep (nutrition was spot on the entire time) and fell off the wagon a bit right after the show and then I started losing a lot of hair again. Getting my nutrition back is the biggest help in this category. The Nizoral shampoo helps a lot, too (Thanks Sassy!!)

triceptor
12-30-2009, 12:31 PM
the hair loss is a result of the high test levels and its conversion to DHT from the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. When DHT docks in the AR of the hair follicle it puts the follicle into the dormant phase and thus the hair falls out and a new hair will not grow to replace it. If she insists on using those ridiculously high doses of TE (MISTAKE BTW) and she doesn't mind the penis she will have in a few months... tell her to get topical progesterone and rub it into her scalp each evening prior to bed and in a few weeks the hair will begin to grow again.. and it will take a few weeks as DHT has a great affinity for the AR and it will take the follicle that long to switch back to the anagen phase...

barbellbarbie
12-30-2009, 12:34 PM
the hair loss is a result of the high test levels and its conversion to DHT from the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. When DHT docks in the AR of the hair follicle it puts the follicle into the dormant phase and thus the hair falls out and a new hair will not grow to replace it. If she insists on using those ridiculously high doses of TE (MISTAKE BTW) and she doesn't mind the penis she will have in a few months... tell her to get topical progesterone and rub it into her scalp each evening prior to bed and in a few weeks the hair will begin to grow again.. and it will take a few weeks as DHT has a great affinity for the AR and it will take the follicle that long to switch back to the anagen phase...
completely agree about the big mistake.. long ester test is just a bad idea unless you seriously do not care about virilization

triceptor
12-30-2009, 12:44 PM
completely agree about the big mistake.. long ester test is just a bad idea unless you seriously do not care about virilization

Not to mention the bulk of studies that show higher test levels in women have the opposite effect on the heart than it does in men. It can ruin a woman's heart muscle quickly.

Interesting thing about progesterone.. the molecule is almost identical to that of finesteride... no surprise that it reduces DHT activity..

PFEPerformance
12-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks guys!! Printed your responses and will take to her.

I am not sure who set her dosage? I do know one of the individuals coaching her is a former Power Lifter and a very big dude - so, not sure if it is coming from him and he just doesn't have the education to be setting her dosage or if she is getting it from a completely different source??

Like I said, I don't use either of these, so I was not a source of assistance for her - so thank you very much for your responses and those of you who took the time to explain the additional risks to what she is doing.

~L~

barbellbarbie
12-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Not to mention the bulk of studies that show higher test levels in women have the opposite effect on the heart than it does in men. It can ruin a woman's heart muscle quickly.

Interesting thing about progesterone.. the molecule is almost identical to that of finesteride... no surprise that it reduces DHT activity..
well at LOW doses it isnt dangerous.. some test is actually fairly healthy for a woman especially as they age.

i would be more concerned with the side effects since those are almost a definite on test e especially at those doses. deca makes this even more pronounced.. i have yet to meet a woman that has run even low doses of deca that didnt have some virilization of some kind and that dose listed is ridiculous even without the huge dose of test

fyi to the OP.. that is over double an HRT dose of test..

triceptor
12-30-2009, 12:57 PM
well at LOW doses it isnt dangerous.. some test is actually fairly healthy for a woman especially as they age.

i would be more concerned with the side effects since those are almost a definite on test e especially at those doses. deca makes this even more pronounced.. i have yet to meet a woman that has run even low doses of deca that didnt have some virilization of some kind and that dose listed is ridiculous even without the huge dose of test

fyi to the OP.. that is over double an HRT dose of test..

Agreed women must have SOME testosterone but those doses on the OP are supra-physiologic fr a man.. Post menopausal women generally target well under 20ng/dl. I would guess at 500mgs a week of TE after the third week test level will be more like 1900ng/dl....

barbellbarbie
12-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Agreed women must have SOME testosterone but those doses on the OP are supra-physiologic fr a man.. Post menopausal women generally target well under 20ng/dl. I would guess at 500mgs a week of TE after the third week test level will be more like 1900ng/dl....
uh ya lol those doses are insane i cant even imagine contemplating that cycle for myself lol

it is possible she wants to grow and fuck the consequences.. i guess i have a hard time understanding that mentality since to me lifting is a hobby and i refuse to fuck myself up permanently over a damn hobby. yes i take CALCULATED risks on my cycles but i also give myself an easy out.. i make sure if its possible to use a short ester i do.. prop for example.. if i suddenly got a sore throat or got hypersensitive/swollen all i would have to do is stop and it will dissipate before i actually have hypertrophy or voice changes.. that is NOT an option with long ester test..

s2h
12-30-2009, 02:03 PM
WOW,we just had this huge mega post on this 2 days ago,5oomg of test for a women is INSANE along w/ the 250mg of decca. STOP use your brain thats under what little hair you have left,i'm 5'9' 250 amd take cycles like that(oh and i'm a man)PREP back it off 25 mgs twice a week w/ 50 mg of primo or EQ your gonna look like Vic Richards pretty soon on those doses,are you sure you had those right?

Celia
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
WOW,we just had this huge mega post on this 2 days ago,5oomg of test for a women is INSANE along w/ the 250mg of decca. STOP use your brain thats under what little hair you have left,i'm 5'9' 250 amd take cycles like that(oh and i'm a man)PREP back it off 25 mgs twice a week w/ 50 mg of primo or EQ your gonna look like Vic Richards pretty soon on those doses,are you sure you had those right?

No kidding! I wasn't even aware so many women took test. Pretty scary..

barbellbarbie
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
primo and eq are FAR better choices for sure lol i still wouldnt use the test e at any dose personally. why? prop is so much safer in the long run

GirlyMuscle
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM

Not that I know much about dosage but I saw 500mg test e and thought holy shit, that's more than some men use!

triceptor
12-30-2009, 03:45 PM
primo and eq are FAR better choices for sure lol i still wouldnt use the test e at any dose personally. why? prop is so much safer in the long run

The problem is getting the REAL stuff from your UG. Lots of women THINK they're taking EQ but its actually Test Enanthat or Cypionate. Some UG's don't spend the extra $$$ to get the right base powders. In women you have to know your sources.

triceptor
12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Not that I know much about dosage but I saw 500mg test e and thought holy shit, that's more than some men use!

actually 100mgs a week less than what I currently use....

barbellbarbie
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
The problem is getting the REAL stuff from your UG. Lots of women THINK they're taking EQ but its actually Test Enanthat or Cypionate. Some UG's don't spend the extra $$$ to get the right base powders. In women you have to know your sources.
that is why you dont order from some unreliable web site that will probably get your cycle seized anyway and go with people u know that are domestic :D

i am BEYOND insane about how much of what i put in my body. i would never risk it thats for sure

s2h
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
the diffeence in color of test e and eq is miles apart if it's legit,so if your gettn eq that loooks like test e than your gettn,well than"I DONT KNOW WHAT"

fitbody
12-31-2009, 01:16 AM

exactly i got thru this with people all the time
oh i can get it so much cheaper from here or there
yeah but what are you really gettin ?
i rather pay alot more money & trust my source
than get the cheapest

s2h
12-31-2009, 06:45 AM
most likely if your gettn fake EQ it is CYP,they are about the same color and consistancey and cyp cost about 1/2 the price to make.Find a reliable UG or if your in a area like canada,calgary or texas were there a shit load of cows then theres a shit load of EQ.They sell it at the feed store in alot of towns,just dont pull up in a porsche w/a rx mudscle t-top on!!

PFEPerformance
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok - we've all come to the obvious conclusion what she should NOT be doing ~

After talking to her last night and giving her your responses, she did indicate she was having more symptoms than just hair loss.... and she is taking your responses very seriously. So, again, thank you for your honesty and clarity!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what she should be doing? I found a web page that had diff. cycle reccomendations, but it all applied to Men not females....... any help?

Dosage
Type
Frequency
Cycle time.......etc...

~L~

heavyiron
12-31-2009, 02:30 PM
That is a large dose for a woman. I am currently on 600mg per week. I am a 250lb male.

She may want to reconsider who she takes aas advice from.

barbellbarbie
12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Ok - we've all come to the obvious conclusion what she should NOT be doing ~

After talking to her last night and giving her your responses, she did indicate she was having more symptoms than just hair loss.... and she is taking your responses very seriously. So, again, thank you for your honesty and clarity!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what she should be doing? I found a web page that had diff. cycle reccomendations, but it all applied to Men not females....... any help?

Dosage
Type
Frequency
Cycle time.......etc...

~L~
anavar primo eq winny are on the safe side for women. if she wants to include test..make it prop.. cycles depend on what she is trying to accomplish. my cycles are between 10-16 weeks depending on the goal and compounds involved. if she wants help give us some details on her goals etc and it will help us all answer this. for sure though test e and deca will not be involved lol tren is another huge nono imo and var oral winny and oral primo are the only orals i would ever recommend for a woman.. dbol drol etc are too much IMO

s2h
12-31-2009, 05:49 PM
that dose is way over the top,might wwant to find a new coach/mentor cause your getttn really bad advice!

whatdayaknow
12-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Here is a pretty good article I posted earlier on a different thread:

http://female.bodybuildbid.com/training/women-steroids.html

PFEPerformance
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
OK - went back to her and now have some detail to see if anyone can give her some cycle suggestions BETTER than what she is doing. FYI - she indicated the set up from my OP was from a very well known BB Gal who has since become a pretty well known power lifter...... Also, she has put on some size since she started and now @ 160lbs, 18-20bf - she is 5' 1". Is having headaches, heart palps., and hair loss.

Her last show: she came in at 130#, 5.8% bf (10days out)
Day of show 124# not sure on bf

Goal: Put on more size over winter, eating clean with 200grm Protein p/d
Test E
Deca

Plan was/is to add T Bol next month, stop bulk March 1

For her last show she was on Anivar, Clenbuteral, and Novadex right up to day of show.

The plan from the person who gave her the starting dosage was to bump her off the Test E starting March and changing to Mastron from March to May.

Any suggestions on a better cycle/plan for her VERY appreciated!!

~L~

barbellbarbie
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
the cycle i have had the most success with is
40mg MWF Prop
200mg EW EQ
20mg Nolva (i run this yr round so i kept it)
1mg EOD Adex

10-12 weeks drop the eq 4-6 weeks out.. drop the prop 3-4 weeks out
maybe add winny 4-6 weeks out (oral if you can to avoid a bad shot before the show) 25mg ED or EOD

the only sides i got were alittle water, my hair got wavy and my right shoulder broke out which i controlled with OTC products

s2h
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
bulk cycle:
75mg prop (25mg m-w-f)
100mg primo(50mg tues-thurs)
20mg nolva
1-2 ius hgh m-f

i really like the EQ instead of the prop/but your getn prop anyway cause all the UG i'm findin is prop anyway,unless you can find true VET grade EQ or you really trust your source leave it alone!!

Also PREpreformance i would stay clear of the tbol alot of bad sides it favors dbol alot more than anavar!

sassy69
01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Just got back from vacation - but the sense I get is that whoever recommended that cycle was assuming it worked for him, so it would work great for her. But as noted, women's & men's hormones don't work the same w/ steroids. I'd also agree w/ an EQ / prop cycle for bulking, the protein looks fine, but also make sure sufficient fats & carbs to build. Support-wise, I'd include acidophilus to help deal w/ potential yeast infections, and go w/ nizoral and / or triceptor's recommendation w/ the progest cream. If she agrees to switch the cycle, it will still take a while for the current compounds to clear.

fitnessfirst
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys!! Printed your responses and will take to her.

I am not sure who set her dosage? I do know one of the individuals coaching her is a former Power Lifter and a very big dude - so, not sure if it is coming from him and he just doesn't have the education to be setting her dosage or if she is getting it from a completely different source??

Like I said, I don't use either of these, so I was not a source of assistance for her - so thank you very much for your responses and those of you who took the time to explain the additional risks to what she is doing.

~L~

Do your own homework first....hopefully all this helps her otherwise your "gal pal" will be a "guy friend". Way....Way too much T.