PDA

View Full Version : is creatine any good?

hotrods08
12-30-2009, 10:08 PM
how long to see results...how does it work..details.
THX!

MattPT88
12-31-2009, 12:03 AM
??? Have you been in a closet for the last 20 years? The reason I ask is because creatine is one of the most heavily researched supplements since its release in the late 80s/early 90s.

For about 70% of people creatine will work good but for about 30% of people it will have minimal effects. Creatine is ingested and turned to creatine phospate which can be used in the ATP-CP metabolic pathway. This high energy molecule allows for more muscle contractions to occur because of the increase in ATP production, to say it simply. The molecule also has a tendency to pull water molecules into the muscles which can make them/you appear bigger. In my opinion some of the strength increase may be psychological because people will push themselves harder because they know that the molecule is helping them out.

In all the supplement is fairly cost-effective and incredibly safe, despite what some media sources say. From my experience I start to notice results in about 2-3 weeks and on an 8 week cycle I generally gain about 5-10 pounds and keep most of them when Im done taking it. Some products you might end up losing all the weight you put on with it. Kind of depends on the person and product. Remember to do 8 week cycles. So 8 on 8 off otherwise your body will adapt to it and it wont be nearly as effective.

kratos47
12-31-2009, 03:39 AM
haha i actually lol'ed just at the title of this. sorry bro dont mean to hate. but seriously?

hotrods08
12-31-2009, 07:56 AM
??? Have you been in a closet for the last 20 years? The reason I ask is because creatine is one of the most heavily researched supplements since its release in the late 80s/early 90s.

For about 70% of people creatine will work good but for about 30% of people it will have minimal effects. Creatine is ingested and turned to creatine phospate which can be used in the ATP-CP metabolic pathway. This high energy molecule allows for more muscle contractions to occur because of the increase in ATP production, to say it simply. The molecule also has a tendency to pull water molecules into the muscles which can make them/you appear bigger. In my opinion some of the strength increase may be psychological because people will push themselves harder because they know that the molecule is helping them out.

In all the supplement is fairly cost-effective and incredibly safe, despite what some media sources say. From my experience I start to notice results in about 2-3 weeks and on an 8 week cycle I generally gain about 5-10 pounds and keep most of them when Im done taking it. Some products you might end up losing all the weight you put on with it. Kind of depends on the person and product. Remember to do 8 week cycles. So 8 on 8 off otherwise your body will adapt to it and it wont be nearly as effective.
does it also increase estrogen levels?

MattPT88
12-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Ya I didnt mean to hate on you either just so you know. Creatine naturally does not affect testosterone levels in any way so there is no chance of increased estrogen or any aromatase. It only helps increase the production of ATP in the muscles allowing from more muscle contractions. If you're an endurance athlete it probably wont help much but if you are a power athlete it can help extend efforts for about 30-45 seconds.

Creatine has an affinity for water so it will pull some into the muscle which actually helps keep you better hydrated it has nothing to do with an estrogen side effect.