PDA

View Full Version : forget the copy/paste mess from gossip boards...

~gymdiva~
01-05-2010, 12:42 AM
let's really discuss what went on tonight b/w TNA and WWE...

1-how did you feel each show went?
2-highlights?
3-lowlights?
4-will you return for more or just go back to your usual? (ie, not watching either, only watching one, etc)
5-do you see this as: long term or short term?

Marduk The UnREPable
01-05-2010, 01:58 AM

2-highlights?
3-lowlights?
4-will you return for more or just go back to your usual? (ie, not watching either, only watching one, etc)

1 - ok
2- Angle match
3- Neither the rumors of RVD appearing at TNA or the latest Macho Man
rumor appearing at RAW happened.
4-I'll keep an eye on both , just as today.
5-Depends on how much the veterans of TNA are capable of making the
young guys stars.

fatbackgoal
01-05-2010, 07:03 AM
1-how did you feel each show went? Not bad would give the edge to TNA
2-highlights? Jeff Hardy showing up on TNA
3-lowlights? The predictable nature of the WWE show. They could have really done something big with Hart screwing DX out of the title but stayed with the same old formula. Also to me Hall and Waltman brought nothing to the show.
4-will you return for more or just go back to your usual? (ie, not watching either, only watching one, etc) will watch both but more of an eye on TNA
5-do you see this as: long term or short term? Short term, the next step for TNA is to see if they can take it on the road and not in a studio setting.

fatbackgoal
01-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Have to mention another highlight was the crack shot of Tara during the Knockout match, good camera work by the director.

~gymdiva~
01-05-2010, 02:08 PM
hahahaha I saw that, too! and the lame attempt of the camera to pan away....oooo yeah, gotta watch for that two inch butt crack shot! ;)

TNA, thank god you are there for the women...the two womens matches were great...and I love that those women actually look like they wrestle before they even step into the ring! I know you know what I mean...I see these women and go hell, I wouldn't want to face them! :o

my two cents:

WWE: too mainstream now-which helps to make them too predictable-and honestly, Bret looked like he could have cared less about being in the ring with HBK or Vinnie Mac

TNA: wrestling was great-storylines were lame-and has Bubba the Love Sponge always been on their show or was this another Hogan bring in?

and always good to see some NC representin' last night! woot woot Hardy and Moore :)

Sandpig
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Not as big a wrestling fan as I used to be. but I watched both and have to say I enjoyed TNA much more.
Diva, you're right when you said Hart didn't look like he wanted to be there. Maybe he did it just for the money? Is he broke?

~gymdiva~
01-05-2010, 02:59 PM
well that seems to be the question du jour in regards to Hart...I almost feel like maybe for him he's using this as some true closure even though he did have an opportunity at the Hall of Fame induction...maybe being in the middle of the ring to do it means more to him since that is what his family has lived and breathed for so long...now I will say, watching him interact with Jericho seemed like a truly enjoyable moment for him...but the "monday night wars, take 2" did get people in the gym interested and watching again! it was hilarious! people kept going, oh yeah I used to watch this and then proceed to stand there for 20min...it made me giggle :)

Lee A Gray
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
tna > wwe

although it seems like tna is swapping it's originality for a few famous have beens, would rather see aj styles, hernadez, somao joe and daniels than a bunch have beens imo

wwe is too predictable, and a bit boring atm

TheCutMan
01-08-2010, 04:16 AM

2-highlights?
3-lowlights?

1. In my opinion Impact did better than anyone predicted. With last week's announcement of Bret Hart coming back TNA's 3-hour special with Hulk Hogan seemed to have lost considerable impact.
But TNA management did their homework, brought in a lot of interesting faces and booked a fantastic main event. To me, TNA is the winner of this monday night war - although I consider Bret Hart my alltime favourite.

2. Highlights in TNA were the main event, Hulk Hogan's promo, Jeff Hardy's appearance and the Steel Asylum Match.
As far as Raw goes only the opening and final segment with Bret Hart seemed extraordinary. Rest of the show was the same old bullshit...

3. Lowlights in TNA: Samoa Joe vs Abyss - way too short. Abyss is one of the greatest assets to Impact and should be pushed. Didn't understand the reason for that match. Lashley's segment sucked ass again. I think he should get out of wrestling - no one cares about him as he obviously isn't into wrestling very much...
Lowlights on Raw: Sheamus - he is still a newby considering his wrestling skills. How can you make someone like him a world champ?! I just don't get it...

4. I will continue to follow both - WWE and TNA. But honestly I'm looking forward to see what's going on next week on Impact.

swoleoneday
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
TNA -
1. WTF with all the debuts... it felt like a homecoming show more than anything else.
2. Jeff Hardy, let me see, he beats up the Mexican, draws himself in the locker room, gives the drawing to a teenage girl and drives off. GREAT WASTE OF CAMERA TIME!
3. Matches were really good up and down the card, but were overshadowed with all the old guys mic time.
4. WHY did Flair come and look on the main event? All that did was take focus away from a great match, and while I'm on this, WTF with the attacker??? That was a bit lame.
5. Nasty Boys??? Really?

Overall, TNA had a good show, but it was screwed up just enough that it didn't stand out as great.

WWE - comments will not be as longfor them, but other than the first 15 minutes, it was a plain show with matches that weren't quite ppv quality, but just a little above RAW quality.

Bret will be there for a couple of months now, but he didn't make any real impact to me. He still lacks on the mic, and looks terribly out of shape.

Overall, TNA didn't really make a dent in the ratings. WWE still got average ratings. Victory for TNA? I don't think so.

buckimscl
01-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I think the long term success will be the willingness for the older wrestlers to put the young guys over. Hall, Nash, X-pac, Nasty boys all of these guys are short term solutions and if used properly can build up the future of TNA.

TheCutMan
01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
@swoleoneday: But you overlooked one fact. Impact had the highest rating ever - and that on the first show head-to-head with Raw.
Obviously a significant amount of WWE fans preferred Impact this week. Therefore TNA is the winner of this "Monday Night War" in my mind.
They went against Raw and did even better than without this competition...

As far as the rest goes you're probably pretty right.

swoleoneday
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
@swoleoneday: But you overlooked one fact. Impact had the highest rating ever - and that on the first show head-to-head with Raw.
Obviously a significant amount of WWE fans preferred Impact this week. Therefore TNA is the winner of this "Monday Night War" in my mind.
They went against Raw and did even better than without this competition...

As far as the rest goes you're probably pretty right.

IMO, it was nothing more than a ratings "pop" because of Hogan and the fact that they moved to Monday nights. This used to happen in the past with the original MN Wars. Big announcement, big build, then a one week, maybe two week ratings pop, and then back to normal.

Don't get me wrong. TNA did well, but the actual show didn't deliver for me because of alot of small stupid things.