PDA

View Full Version : Doxycycline (antibiotics) and Bodybuilding

ArabMuscle
01-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Doxycycline is a common antibiotic often used for the treatment of various infections, such as bacterial infections, anthrax, malaria, and acne. The medication is part of a class of drugs called tetracyclines, and works by decreasing bacteria's ability to make protein (which it needs to live). Doxycycline is available in several forms, and is usually taken once or twice a day.

I'm currently chemically enhanced and gear doesn't cause any acne. However, I'm on 500iu's of HCG twice a week and HCG gives me light acne.

I've used Doxycycline with great success 3 months ago. I've read that this stuff inhibits protein synthesis. I'm trying to gain as much lean mass as possible.

Will this antibiotic effect my results?

calvindoyle
01-20-2010, 02:12 AM
well said friend. Infections can be happened to anyone. Doxycycline is cool to treat infections. Medication is necessary to treat infections fastly. i also found a medication best for infection treatment which is generic cipro. I have used this one so many times ans its results are really good.

John4343
04-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Bryan Hildebrand
04-19-2011, 11:44 AM
short term use will not affect protein synthesis enough to be concerned with. long term use is actually more of a concern with connective tissue issues.

bushmaster
04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
From your screen name I assume your in the Middle East? If so I wouldn't care if it decreased protein synthesis a little to spare you from Malaria. I am currently in Afghanistan and if I had the Doxy I would be taking it daily regardless of the degradation of protein synthesis. Malaria stays with you for life.

MadHatter67
04-21-2011, 08:00 PM
ive been to iraq and afghanistan...neither time did i use doxy or anything else to cobat malair. was it risky...eh' maybe, but some of the guys that were using it spoke of wild dreams...exactly what i dont need more of.

Gunners
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM
ive been to iraq and afghanistan...neither time did i use doxy or anything else to cobat malair. was it risky...eh' maybe, but some of the guys that were using it spoke of wild dreams...exactly what i dont need more of.

how was iraq?

MadHatter67
04-23-2011, 11:03 AM
how was iraq?

this is a pretty generalized question. what do you want to know about it? i was in baghdad from july 06-feb 07.

bushmaster
04-25-2011, 12:56 PM

Very true. I am in Afghan right now and was in Iraq twice already. I used it my first tour but never again. The long term effects look horrible.

s2h
04-27-2011, 04:35 AM
From your screen name I assume your in the Middle East? If so I wouldn't care if it decreased protein synthesis a little to spare you from Malaria. I am currently in Afghanistan and if I had the Doxy I would be taking it daily regardless of the degradation of protein synthesis. Malaria stays with you for life.why dont you get some...

bushmaster
04-28-2011, 01:26 PM
why dont you get some...

Not a soldier, I am a civilian contractor working for the Army. They give me no medical attention unless its a possibility of losing sight, limb or life.