PDA

View Full Version : Tips and suggestions?

Amber-Leigh
01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi Ladies,

I have started Daves diet that is outlined here on this site and I was wondering if you guys have any advice or tips that may help me through.

I am 33 year old woman, I'm 5'5 140 pounds. I am on a five day split with five days of cardio 40 min sessions.

I'm going to follow that diet to the letter until I need more personalized help then my plan is have Dave do the 16 week contest prep. I am planing on competing in Figure this June.

Thanks in Advance!
Amber

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2010, 09:00 AM
THere's not much else outside of Dave's outlined plan that I could offer. I will say this...watch out for hidden carbs...artificial sdweetner other than Stevia.....no gum...no crystal lite....no marinades or BBQ sauces. It's important to keep Dave's diet strict. NO CHEATS other than the planned cheat meal. Even so do the cheat meal as the same meal of the day and DO NOT GO OVER BOARD. Have what you want but keeo the portions moderate. Don't let it turn into a binge.

Also, if you are just starting try sticking to the protein/fats menu first. I lost the first 20 pounds without having to add the protein/veggies days or increasing cardio.

The best piece of advice I can give you...STICK TO THE PLAN.

~gymdiva~
01-05-2010, 02:26 PM
just one day at a time...the first week is always the roughest if you've never done a keto plan before...but once you're in it man, it's a totally different feeling! will you start a journal on here to chart your progress?

Amber-Leigh
01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks Ladies for your responses! I'm in day two and I feel a little crabby with minor headaches. I'm sticking to this though.

Maybe I will start a journal.

GirlyMuscle
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM
You will feel like shit for the first three days. Tired, moody, headaches...all normal. Once you kick into ketosis you'll feel better than ever. Hang in there. The first three days are the toughest.

Tuffgirl410
01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Also be sure to measure everything to a "T" -You can get a lot of extra calories from not properly measuring your fats.... And yes the first few days do suck, but after that little hurdle it is an amazing diet!

wildcat22
01-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Be patient and give it time. You will be happy you stuck with it.