PDA

View Full Version : Stay On Target...

GeminiJedi
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
:starwars:

Howdy. On to yet another online journal. Hopefully I can stay motivated more through here. It's good to be accountable to something, and this online journaling thing can do that (so I hear ;) )

Anywhoo, my original plan was 1-1-10 through 12-31-10 to stick to the plan and be good. Yes, yes, I realize that puts me in the "Resolutioner" Crowd :p That plan was thwarted when I came down with some sort of GI issue NYE (probably had NOTHING to do with my last cheat meal of 2009 :whistle: ) So I will just make it 365 days from when I start before I reassess and decide which show(s?) I want to do in 2011.

So I will just start this now, and pick it up in a couple days when I can keep all of my meals down without feeling ill after consuming them.

The plan is this: Back on the diet my trainer had me on this time last year. I seemed to do well in putting on muscle with that while not getting fat. I'll hop back on the training schedule, too (6 days of weights, one day of rest), and hit cardio at least 3 days a week. My boss also wants me to run a leg of the Denver Marathon Relay with her in October, so another goal of mine will be to run 4 miles in 36 mins or less. Tall order for me, because right now my 1 mile time is like 12 mins X_X My best 1 mile time EVER was 9:33, and that was 11 or 12 years ago lol so I figure a 9 minute mile pace isn't unreachable.

I probably won't train tomorrow, just to make sure tonight's feeling better wasn't a complete fluke, and if I'm smart (and staying on target) I'll hit the gym Thursday.

GirlyMuscle
01-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Yay! Another journal to follow! :)

Ibarramedia
01-06-2010, 03:22 AM
:starwars:

Howdy. On to yet another online journal. Hopefully I can stay motivated more through here. It's good to be accountable to something, and this online journaling thing can do that (so I hear ;) )

Anywhoo, my original plan was 1-1-10 through 12-31-10 to stick to the plan and be good. Yes, yes, I realize that puts me in the "Resolutioner" Crowd :p That plan was thwarted when I came down with some sort of GI issue NYE (probably had NOTHING to do with my last cheat meal of 2009 :whistle: ) So I will just make it 365 days from when I start before I reassess and decide which show(s?) I want to do in 2011.

So I will just start this now, and pick it up in a couple days when I can keep all of my meals down without feeling ill after consuming them.

The plan is this: Back on the diet my trainer had me on this time last year. I seemed to do well in putting on muscle with that while not getting fat. I'll hop back on the training schedule, too (6 days of weights, one day of rest), and hit cardio at least 3 days a week. My boss also wants me to run a leg of the Denver Marathon Relay with her in October, so another goal of mine will be to run 4 miles in 36 mins or less. Tall order for me, because right now my 1 mile time is like 12 mins X_X My best 1 mile time EVER was 9:33, and that was 11 or 12 years ago lol so I figure a 9 minute mile pace isn't unreachable.

I probably won't train tomorrow, just to make sure tonight's feeling better wasn't a complete fluke, and if I'm smart (and staying on target) I'll hit the gym Thursday.

You'll be ok. My best ever mile time was 5.3-6 minutes back in high school. You will be fine. May the force be with you.

GeminiJedi
01-06-2010, 01:19 PM
So today I decided to go with it. Got up (albeit an hour late) and got to the gym for 30 mins cardio. 15 jogging (the entire time at like a 14 min mile) and 15 stairs. I apparently can't stay away from the stairs lol

Food is staying down so far, so that's a good sign. I'll see how it goes at work, and maybe hit arms afterwards.

GeminiJedi
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Sooooooo.... no weights after work. 6 degree weather and scraping my car and the thought of going home and grabbing my gym bag and going back out....ehhh :( I know I should, because I'm sure somewhere in the state my competition is going back out in this. I'll use the excuse that I'm getting over being sick, I *did* get my cardio in this morning, though, so I shouldn't over do it.....

Yea, that's it.

GeminiJedi
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM
You'll be ok. My best ever mile time was 5.3-6 minutes back in high school. You will be fine. May the force be with you.

Thanks!! I know I will--just gotta train for it!

partsRheavy
01-07-2010, 02:32 AM
6 degrees is too hardcore for me.....

...and the pipes in this poorly-insulated house!!

Sooooooo.... no weights after work. 6 degree weather and scraping my car and the thought of going home and grabbing my gym bag and going back out....ehhh :( I know I should, because I'm sure somewhere in the state my competition is going back out in this. I'll use the excuse that I'm getting over being sick, I *did* get my cardio in this morning, though, so I shouldn't over do it.....

GeminiJedi
01-07-2010, 10:02 PM
It got to 16 degrees this afternoon! Woot!!

Well, after another butt-kicking at work (but not as bad as Monday and Tuesday) I'm home briefly to down a shake (after I thought we were going to dinner so I didn't down it at work :( ) then get a blitz lift in. No cardio this morning, and diet was a joke. I need to go grocery shopping. I wanted to go today with what was supposed to be my day off, but with 2 techs in the hospital I only get Sunday off this week.

On the upside, I have orientation for my internship on Monday! :D I'm soooooooo excited and cannot wait to be finished with that so I can get the hell out of retail. I'll start interning on the 20th. 30 hours a week there, 30 hours a week at my job, and whenever those 30 hours a week at the internship add up to 405 hours (13.5 weeks I think) hopefully I will have a job from that *crosses fingers*

Ok, off to change quick then hit the iron! Going to work back tonight.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
We actually got some snow today! LOL A whole 1/2 inch accumulation. The city was damn near at a standstill. Not me. I got out and got to the gym after work.

20 degrees, with a harsh wind. WTF?

GeminiJedi
01-07-2010, 11:19 PM
I think the entire country is in a deep freeze. Kind of like "The Day After Tomorrow" LOL I hear Florida is worried about the orange and strawberry crops. Buy your OJ now before prices go up! ;) We had an inch or two of accumulation last night. 2 degrees out right now. BRRRRR!

Back done. Nice quick workout. Now that I'm home I'm feeling it, so that's good. 5 sets of 8-10 reps: Lat pull downs, assisted pull ups, hyperextensions, barbell rows. I was running out of gas at that point, but gave it everything I had with each set. That's all I can ask of myself, eh? That, and keep progressing each week.

GeminiJedi
01-09-2010, 01:08 AM
No morning cardio. I really *hate* mornings lol I did blast chest after work, and got some running in (10 minutes). I tell ya, running is HARD!! I think I like the darn step mill better ;) I'm looking forward to sticking with it a bit, though, because it will be doing something I've never done before when I actually do run that 4 mile leg come October.

I have an early day tomorrow. Day 6 of my workweek >.< I have intern orientation Monday, then it's like 15 weeks and I should be changing jobs/starting my career!! YEEEE HAW!!!!

GeminiJedi
01-10-2010, 05:39 PM
No gym as of yet today. Fell asleep on the couch at like 9pm last night, woke up around 6 when hubby was making his shake/pre-workout stuff, fell back asleep until about 9am when the cats were making a racket, moved to the bed until noon. Took another nap(ish) until about 130, reinstated my membership at 24 so I can train with my good friend again, have my gym clothes by me here on the couch, and here I am dicking around online *sigh* Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, right? I feel like I should at least get some cardio in, although I need to lift arms, too. And now I have a cat plopped in my lap. There goes another hour LOL

On the bright side, I've lost a pound and fried my chest Friday night (work was fun yesterday: I open pill bottles all day, and after a good hard chest workout...yea, good times!). It didn't feel like such a bad workout until Saturday morning. Those are my favorite: Oh this isn't so bad *next day* YES IT WAS!!

GeminiJedi
01-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I finally made it to the gym for 30ish minutes of cardio (it may have been more, I tend to lose track/mess up the numbers). Felt good to actually go. I really need to go when the bug bites, and not 3 hours later. I think it would be easier heh

Tomorrow after my intern orientation I'm lifting with one of my dearest friends ^_^ YAAAAY!! I enjoy girl time at the gym. It's nice :)

GeminiJedi
01-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Had my New Employee Orientation today. Sitting down all day listening to someone blab on and on and on is hard work!!! Give me running around/being on my feet all day anytime. Just kidding ;) I'm so incredibly excited for my internship it's not even funny. I get my own cubical!!!! :lmao: Lame, I know, but I am so ready to get out of retail that the idea of my own little workspace makes me happy :bouncy: And the idea of being there sometime between 8-830am is my kind of place ;) I don't care how fast I set my clocks at home, I'm ALWAYS late for something >.<

Had a great workout with my new workout partner (well, old...I guess "renewed workout partner" is the better term) tonight. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy girl time at the gym? Lifted back...oy I am weak! I just need to get back into the swing of things again and start lifting consistently and it will all be gravy again.

GirlyMuscle
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
What type of job will you be doing?

GeminiJedi
01-11-2010, 10:39 PM
I'll be a Wellness Consultant with a HMO. I'll be working with both the internal and external groups ^_^ External sounds like more fun, though ;) I will be helping with health fairs and fitness assessments put on by employers that purchase this coverage for their employees, I'll be doing Lunch and Learn talks (on a subject of my choosing, most likely on the benefits of lean tissue mass for women :D ), putting together healthy initiative programs for employees. I'd like to help cultivate the company's motto with it's employees (who are the unhealthiest of the members LOL), I'll be helping define the Intern Program for future interns. I'm going to be busy, and I'm looking forward to every second of it!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM
You get to make a difference... or at least try to. That is so cool!

GeminiJedi
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I feel a lot better about it than I do as a legal drug dealer. "Sure, there's a pill for that." Better living through chemistry, just in the wrong sense. I HATE it! BUT, if I don't get hired on here, I'll have AMAZING experience and a great recommendation to take with me. I'm really hoping I get hired on though *fingers crossed*

Gaoshang Xiongshou
01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Good luck! It sounds like a great opportunity.

GeminiJedi
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM

GeminiJedi
01-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Freaking OWIE!!! I had a KILLER workout last night :D I think I'm going to take the night off of weights, maybe do some pre-emptive cardio. It's "Biggest Loser" night tonight, and I feel like designating it "Beer and Pizza" night as well, so I'm going over to my boss's house for beer, pizza, and "Biggest Loser." What a wonderful night of irony!!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
01-12-2010, 07:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yes, it is.

GeminiJedi
01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Well, due to a power outage I caught most of the weigh-in and the elimination >.< So I will still be downloading it lol

A nifty surprise this morning: I had wanted to lose about 10lbs and start building cleanly from there. Guess where I weighed in at this morning? :D Looks like my body is FINALLY starting to learn to do what I want it to do. I didn't lose any weight until my last 2 or 3 weeks of prep this year, so with this 8 days of being back on track, and dropping those 10 lbs (mostly water, I'm sure, but still) I'm happy and more motivated to get my clean gains this year ^_^ Now it's the tricky part: figuring out my diet.

Like I said, I'm going to what worked for me early last year, run with that for 4-5 weeks, and adjust prn from there.

GeminiJedi
01-14-2010, 01:05 PM
No gym last night: work, and a 1030 Avatar. HOLY COW!! That was such an amazing movie! And it had a pretty cool message, too (but I won't spoil it). So much for going to bed at a reasonable hour last night. It was closer to 3 am when I finally fell asleep, cats woke me up around 6, went back to bed, and up at 10. Good thing 7 hours of sleep is my happy number lol I DID have all 3 of the kitties with me last night, which is a first! My little one (the 5 year old grump) hasn't slept on the bed since early summer. I think he freaked out about the comforter after I washed it. Totally bizarre. Anyways, I was thrilled :)

I'm going out tonight with a girl friend, so I should probably get a lift in before this evening...

GeminiJedi
01-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Been a bit of a rough week in that partying is serious business! :yep: A bit off-track because of such, but thank goodness for my girl friends dragging my ass to the gym early tomorrow morning. Gotta get back on if I'm going to make the most of this year!

GeminiJedi
01-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Ugh... I should say that I have a really bad case of allergies going on that was exacerbated by the rodeo (though THAT was fun!). I woke up today with some of that congestion in my chest :mad: I really cannot afford to be sick right now with work/internship/getting SOME consistency back in the gym. I also need to make sure I'm eating right. For some reason, not only do I look better, but I feel better :dunno: ;)

GeminiJedi
01-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Last night was....interesting.

I'm watching a movie, trying to fall asleep, when I hear pounding on doors and a leaf blower or vacuum. I get up and peek out the peep hole, wondering if it was Adam pounding on the door since I had the privacy deadbolt locked. No one was there, so I go back to bed. Well, it continues, and the leaf blower/vacuum isn't stopping, so I put on my robe and open the door. Up the stair case comes a fireman, full gear, gas mask, etc.

"Get every one out now, and go that way," he says as he points to the south staircase.

At that point I'm thinking "Ooooohhhhhh! Sweet!" and to get dressed and shove all three cats into the (one small animal) carrier. So with 50lbs of cats I head to my car, and all the neighbors (and their dogs) are out front.

There's 2 fire engines, and another car blocking the loop to the other side of the building and the other buildings on that side of the complex. It turns out that the leaf blower sound was a gas leak.

About 30 minutes later (mind you it's 20 degrees outside) a captain comes by and says that they've opened the clubhouse for us, or we can go somewhere else for the night; they're not sure how long it's going to take to get the gas turned off. So I call my parents, who thankfully only live about 10 minutes away, and take the cats over there for the night. I didn't think it'd be a good idea to chill with several dogs and my three cats, but I could have been wrong :dunno: lol

I got NO sleep, because the cats were a bit freaked out and kept picking on our big stupid one lol

So now that I'm home, I'm going to try to get more than 3 hours of sleep.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
You have been busy, I see.

GeminiJedi
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
So I now have it in my head that I think I want to do a show in the beginning of August. I didn't want to compete this year, but it's 28 weeks out, which would give 14-16 weeks more to put on muscle, then 14-12 weeks to cut. Plus, it would be a nice mid-point before going back on the building game for 2011.... That, or maybe I'm just crazy :hypno:

GeminiJedi
01-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Oh my gosh! I now remember why I stopped working 10 hour shifts...but it's back to the grindstone for 14ish weeks.

I started my internship yesterday, and jumped in head first :D It's great! It's soooo quiet, and since it's cube land, it's self-paced (aka take lunch whenever I feel like it, take walks whenever, etc). It's a little strange since I'm so used to retail/pharmacy lunch is strictly controlled but I will get used to it. And the best part is, if I care to disappear for an hour and get a lift/cardio in, I have TWO workout rooms to utilize :yep: How friggin cool is that?!? And if I have a bunch of reading to do, and don't want to sit at my desk and read, I can go walk on a treadmill and read should I care to. Now I have no excuses to not get my butt back in shape.

I did get a nice shoulder lift in after work today, which felt REALLY good. I'm a little tight, but that will work itself out once I get back into a consistent routine. I just need to make sure I keep my food on track, too, and all will be well :)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
01-31-2010, 06:44 AM
Oh my gosh! I now remember why I stopped working 10 hour shifts...but it's back to the grindstone for 14ish weeks.

I started my internship yesterday, and jumped in head first :D It's great! It's soooo quiet, and since it's cube land, it's self-paced (aka take lunch whenever I feel like it, take walks whenever, etc). It's a little strange since I'm so used to retail/pharmacy lunch is strictly controlled but I will get used to it. And the best part is, if I care to disappear for an hour and get a lift/cardio in, I have TWO workout rooms to utilize :yep: How friggin cool is that?!? And if I have a bunch of reading to do, and don't want to sit at my desk and read, I can go walk on a treadmill and read should I care to. Now I have no excuses to not get my butt back in shape.

I did get a nice shoulder lift in after work today, which felt REALLY good. I'm a little tight, but that will work itself out once I get back into a consistent routine. I just need to make sure I keep my food on track, too, and all will be well :)

That sounds pretty good! I wish I had it that way. I am teh jeluz.

GeminiJedi
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
UGH!! So between the internship, working my butt off, not getting consistent lifts in...I'm going CRAZY!! Although I'm almost finished with the internship (over half-way finished) so that will hopefully lead to a job *fingers crossed* though that may not happen until July. I need to get my resume updated.

There's a possibility I may learn to fight. Via Facebook I threw my name in for a chance to train for free, be part of a documentary, and get a chance to do an actual fight thanks to a local gym here in Denver. They're looking for women 18-30 who have had NO PRIOR ring/cage experience. Ladies, if you're interested (and in the area) PM me and I'll give you the link.

Ibarramedia
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
UGH!! So between the internship, working my butt off, not getting consistent lifts in...I'm going CRAZY!! Although I'm almost finished with the internship (over half-way finished) so that will hopefully lead to a job *fingers crossed* though that may not happen until July. I need to get my resume updated.

There's a possibility I may learn to fight. Via Facebook I threw my name in for a chance to train for free, be part of a documentary, and get a chance to do an actual fight thanks to a local gym here in Denver. They're looking for women 18-30 who have had NO PRIOR ring/cage experience. Ladies, if you're interested (and in the area) PM me and I'll give you the link.

Good luck on that venture. Don't get hurt. ;)

SallyAnne
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Hellooooo! Where are ya? ;)

GeminiJedi
08-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Ugh... SO no training with the internship. No job from that :( I have a new job, though, as a trainer with a gym here. Life is going incredibly well (new job, new car, new life, new wonderful guy) but I have to get my head back around training/eating again. Getting myself back in shape (or at least 8-10 weeks out shape) will really help my client base, too. I have a great opportunity, now to take it. Sept 1 it really starts :)

robert da strongman
08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
well you best keep this journal up...i need reading material

GeminiJedi
08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
well you best keep this journal up...i need reading material

Ahh... I'm afraid my life isn't as amusing-- ok I take that back, it's fairly amusing, though if I journaled everything that amused me I may have to have this moved to the 18+ section ;)

I'm chillaxing in Vegas right now while the bf is attending a conference for work. Lucky me!! :yep: The Red Rock Resort is GORGEOUS!! I'm doing my best to avoid screaming children, though it could't be helped on the plane, unfortunately. Last time I was in Vegas some little shit decided to shriek in the elevator as I was nursing a BAD hangover... SO NOT OK. Trying to avoid the shriekers this time....

robert da strongman
08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
any tigers in your room?

GeminiJedi
03-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Hahaha!! No tigers, but we did meet a cougar that trip in Vegas ;)

ANYWHOOO

My year of working hard last year didn't happen. At all. SOOOO.... with a new mindset (and 2 months later than I planned) I'm back at it. No shows for me this year, unless I try to shoot for the Rocky in October/November, but I'm not even thinking about that right now. I'm getting healthy/active again for ME. My husband and I had a blast last year, but skipped the gym, and now we both have extra lbs to lose. Plus, I am way too deconditioned right now. We started Monday back at the gym, got food for the week yesterday and ran (well, he ran, I tried to but walked quickly for most of it lol), and today had our first 5am cardio session :)

Monday at the gym I weighed in at 130. Not bad, considering I'm 5'5" but I would like to get back to and stay around 115-120 for this year. Of course, if I like how I look around 120-125 that's great, but my goal for now is 120. It's mostly just getting rid of fat. I last stepped on stage at 111 (see pics) so that's my reference point. I do want to improve my shoulders and lats most, and I know I've lost a lot of size overall the last year, so it will be a year of making up ground. The good thing, though, is that I really feel like my head is in the right place in doing it for ME and not just to get through a show :)

Ibarramedia
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Hahaha!! No tigers, but we did meet a cougar that trip in Vegas ;)

ANYWHOOO

My year of working hard last year didn't happen. At all. SOOOO.... with a new mindset (and 2 months later than I planned) I'm back at it. No shows for me this year, unless I try to shoot for the Rocky in October/November, but I'm not even thinking about that right now. I'm getting healthy/active again for ME. My husband and I had a blast last year, but skipped the gym, and now we both have extra lbs to lose. Plus, I am way too deconditioned right now. We started Monday back at the gym, got food for the week yesterday and ran (well, he ran, I tried to but walked quickly for most of it lol), and today had our first 5am cardio session :)

Monday at the gym I weighed in at 130. Not bad, considering I'm 5'5" but I would like to get back to and stay around 115-120 for this year. Of course, if I like how I look around 120-125 that's great, but my goal for now is 120. It's mostly just getting rid of fat. I last stepped on stage at 111 (see pics) so that's my reference point. I do want to improve my shoulders and lats most, and I know I've lost a lot of size overall the last year, so it will be a year of making up ground. The good thing, though, is that I really feel like my head is in the right place in doing it for ME and not just to get through a show :)

Husband? You got married Courtney? I thought you only had a BF? Anyway, looking good.

GeminiJedi
03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Yea... We tied the knot in August.

Those were my show pics. Obviously I have a lot to work on, but I'm not looking to compete this year. Maybe next, but that's a reference for me at 111 and I'm looking to be 120... My body likes to be where it's at now, so it will take work and upkeep, but it will be for the best.

Ibarramedia
03-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Congratulations. And no worries you will be better in 2012. Enjoy the year off and refine what you got.

HammerStrength12
03-03-2011, 12:20 PM
mMDV3eISLPs

GeminiJedi
03-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Sooo.... No gym last night. But we did play Kinect Sports. Not the same, but it definitely can get your HR up :) No AM cardio this morning, as we're both hurting from jumping in head first earlier this week. Not sure yet about this evening, but after lunch I am going to go lift while hubby is back at work. The next 10 days will be rough. We leave for WI on Sunday so we will have to make sure we take advantage of the hotel fitness center while we're there all week. We'll have a few days off (running excepted) while we're in AZ for his grandmother's birthday, then we're in Vegas for 2 nights, so those will for sure be spent not exercising (unless you count throwing dice). I'll spend at least one day snowboarding when we get back, so I can guarantee by next weekend I'm going to be a mess! Epsom salt please! ;)

The other thing we need to get under control is going to bed at a decent hour so we can get up early. I am soooo horrible at this! It totally affects my meal schedule, too :( I'm pretty good about getting 4 meals in a day...though I feel best on 5 (if I get up at the right time). I'll get there, especially once I make it through a full week of just doing it. It's all about making good habits and sticking to them :)

GeminiJedi
03-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Congratulations. And no worries you will be better in 2012. Enjoy the year off and refine what you got.

Sunnyday
03-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Following along...looking forward to seeing some solid WOs!

robert da strongman
03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
woohoo...you back?

GeminiJedi
03-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I am!! :hugme:

Sooooo.... working around hubby's hurt foot. Looks like he'll (read: we'll) be getting new running shoes before that picks up too much. No kickboxing class tonight, either. BUT we will be doing an upper body lift :excited: I'm really trying to be excited about this. I am excited because I'd rather lift than do cardio, but I hate upper body because it's where I'm weak, which is why I'm trying to be excited about it because that's where I want/need to improve. Hubby hates weights (former boxer) so it's a good trade-off :)

robert da strongman
03-03-2011, 03:45 PM
work the weak spots!

GeminiJedi
03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
work the weak spots!

That's always a good plan... Weak spots and---nevermind ;)

robert da strongman
03-03-2011, 04:13 PM
That's always a good plan... Weak spots and---nevermind ;)

:zip:

GeminiJedi
03-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Got to the gym earlier. Just a brief "Wake up Muscles!" workout. 3 sets of 15 per exercise. Will increase up to 5 sets over a few weeks. Did bis, delts, tris, and lats. Surprisingly my strength isn't down too much since I lifted last. Obviously it's not where I was, but in a couple months I should be back to where I was after over a year of busting my ass last time, so that's nice :) It's definitely inspiring to keep pushing myself.

robert da strongman
03-04-2011, 10:02 AM
the first one is the toughest

GeminiJedi
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
No am cardio this morning. Looking to see if there's a class we can do tonight, or if it's more weights/run.

I think I set a world record this morning: I went to the Social Security office to change my name. Got there a little early, and was already way back in line, so I was thinking I'd be there at least an hour..... Turns out I was out in 22 minutes! :excited: So now I'm official, though I have to wait almost 2 weeks to get my new DL because I'm traveling. BUT it'll be official tomorrow (so I guess Monday) :)

I'm not too sore from the workout yesterday, but I'm not expecting to feel it until tomorrow. Yay DOMS.

GeminiJedi
03-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Ok... First workout of the week done. First cardio, anyways. I need new shoes--I realize that I've worn these everyday for at least six months. I've had a pain in my arch for the last couple days now, pushed through it this morning but it's hurting really bad right now :( And my ipod decided to be retarded today, too. It wouldn't play the entire playlist, just one song, over and over and over and ......

robert da strongman
03-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Ok... First workout of the week done. First cardio, anyways. I need new shoes--I realize that I've worn these everyday for at least six months. I've had a pain in my arch for the last couple days now, pushed through it this morning but it's hurting really bad right now :( And my ipod decided to be retarded today, too. It wouldn't play the entire playlist, just one song, over and over and over and ......

love retarded ipods...

GeminiJedi
03-08-2011, 12:19 PM
I was not happy.... and it still won't play all songs... apparently just one artist at a time :( Yes, it's set to play "all songs".... I guess I'll be listening to my Pandora app instead *sigh*

robert da strongman
03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
i am loving pandora.

GeminiJedi
03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I like Pandora for the most part... Sometimes it, too, gets retarded with songs that have no place in a station. But, nothing is perfect, huh?

robert da strongman
03-08-2011, 12:34 PM
true...it gets weird. but i just give them a thumbs down

GeminiJedi
03-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I've been known to give so many that they make me change channels instead of skipping so many thumbs down lol

robert da strongman
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
nice...so far i have not had too many bad songs. hard to mess up killswitch engage and hatebreed.

my dean martin station is the best though

GeminiJedi
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Nice :)

robert da strongman
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
i have to check if the gym has wifi...then i could use my phone in the gym

"Rodz"
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Got to the gym earlier. Just a brief "Wake up Muscles!" workout. 3 sets of 15 per exercise. Will increase up to 5 sets over a few weeks. Did bis, delts, tris, and lats. Surprisingly my strength isn't down too much since I lifted last. Obviously it's not where I was, but in a couple months I should be back to where I was after over a year of busting my ass last time, so that's nice :) It's definitely inspiring to keep pushing myself.

Nice. ease back in, I was terrible for jumping in with all 3 feet, and not being able to move for a week, this time I'm planing smrter, lol

GeminiJedi
03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Been pretty lax on the workouts this week :( The foot feels much better after a couple days off. Think I'm going to go for a walk right now for some food...

GeminiJedi
03-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Ugh... SO after traveling almost all of March, we're finally home for a month! Started 25 days of diet/training so we'll be better by May ;) So far, so good, but it's only day 1 of the diet. Went to the gym last night, missed the AM run this morning, so tonight it's weights then cardio, then early to bed so we don't miss tomorrow's run!

GeminiJedi
03-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Got in a good pull day last night. Was going to run on the treadmill until to little girls came in (they were like 14) and hopped on :mad: There was still plenty of daylight, though, so we took the run outside and found a nice little loop that's close to a mile (going to drive it this afternoon sometime) and ran that. I'm proud of myself for pushing through and running the entire thing :) So we'll run that for a week or so then add on to it.

Weighed in today and took progress pics. Will do again in a week. Not bad, but not as good as I thought so there's my motivation right there :)

GeminiJedi
04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Day 7!! Down 6 lbs :) Feeling pretty good. It's definitely not as bad as my contest diets, so I'm actually having a good time with it. No am run, but will run after class tonight. I've stuck to this diet to a T (except for Saturday night and last night. I had 3 drinks total all weekend, which is GREAT for me :D) and am feeling really good. Once May comes around we'll be golden. We won't follow this diet, but we will maintain and continue to eat right M-F and weekends we'll have some chaos but we'll have it be controlled chaos ;) I do have to say that I cannot WAIT for this weekend: a trip to Cold Stone and Beau Jo's pizza :D YUMMERS!!

GeminiJedi
04-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Got to the gym last night.... Didn't make up any cardio afterwards. Made a.m. cardio this morning :) Gonna lift tonight. I cannot wait for this weekend's re-feed! Saturday lunch: Earl's. Saturday evening: Beau Jo's. Sunday: Hacienda's margaritas, queso, and maybe a relleno; definitely Cold Stone. Somewhere in there, too, I want half of a bismark doughnut. Only half, though, because it's too sweet lol Then 5 days back on the diet before 4 days in Vegas :excited: Then back on to finish out the month. Is it May yet?

Cdimeo
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I cannot wait for this weekend's re-feed! Saturday lunch: Earl's. Saturday evening: Beau Jo's. Sunday: Hacienda's margaritas, queso, and maybe a relleno; definitely Cold Stone. Somewhere in there, too, I want half of a bismark doughnut. Only half, though, because it's too sweet lol

You're making me hungry LOLOL I had ice cream this weekend and paid for it for a few days--it destroys my belly. What are bismark donuts? Are they like Krispy Kreme? We used to have a local KK and the donuts were friggin amazing--and Im not usually a donut person.

GeminiJedi
04-06-2011, 12:59 PM
You're making me hungry LOLOL I had ice cream this weekend and paid for it for a few days--it destroys my belly. What are bismark donuts? Are they like Krispy Kreme? We used to have a local KK and the donuts were friggin amazing--and Im not usually a donut person.

Bismarks are donuts that are filled with custard and iced with chocolate frosting. KK sucks. Grocery store donuts are the best :)

I ran straight through the last 17 minutes of my cardio this morning, and felt like I could have kept going :D :excited: I'm super proud of myself because a couple weeks ago I was struggling with 12 mins. I am WAAY sore from yesterday's workout...throw some DOMS from Monday in, too. Class tonight is going to hurt ;) I'm really proud of myself and Hubby for sticking to this so far and doing really good. I'm excited to continue the working out, but even more excited to get back to a normal (non 11 Day Diet) healthy eating routine :)

GeminiJedi
04-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Hubby and I hit boxing class last night and got a good sweat in. I'm not keen on that instructor, but I guess that's good fuel to work harder and take it out on the bag ;)

Made our run this morning and ran for 20 minutes straight :) That's a new personal best. I think I'm going to hold it there at 20 minutes through next week before bumping up my time again. I'm hoping running will bring down my legs a bit and balance me out more while I work on growing my upper body a bit. Right now my focus is on general health and fitness, so I'm not specifically working like I would while training for a show. Muscle growth will come as long as I keep lifting, though, so that's good :)

Through the summer I just want to establish a routine that will be my new baseline. We're doing that now. I'm really happy that Hubby is doing this with me--we truly are partners. It makes everything so much easier--especially getting up to run at 0530 five days a week. This baseline that we're establishing now is just a healthier and better way to live, and that's most exciting :)

GeminiJedi
04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Soo.... Yea. Back at square 1. Same weight as I started the diet at. This weekend's meals were yummy, though not all of what I wanted. No Cold Stone, no Qdoba, no bismark (the store forgot to fill them with custard), no margaritas. But did get my fill of pizza, a couple BBQ wings, and a pasta carbonara-like dish that destroyed my gut, like usual. I also had some sort of violent allergic reaction to something as I was getting rid of the pasta. It was almost like I had been pepper-sprayed, but I wasn't.

No run this morning because the cats were going crazy and smashing into a paper bag all night. That toy is getting thrown away today :)

GeminiJedi
04-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Again no am run. Went for a jog/walk this afternoon and my feet/shins hurt bad :( I'm actually wanting to eat clean again, just a bit more than what I was eating on that diet. I can't say that I'm happy--granted it was only 11 days and it takes much more time and consistency to see any good, real results. I won't be frustrated....I won't be frustrated.... I won't be frustrated.....

but I am :mad:

Sunnyday
04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Hang in there, progress is inevitable if you persevere.

"Rodz"
04-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Again no am run. Went for a jog/walk this afternoon and my feet/shins hurt bad :( I'm actually wanting to eat clean again, just a bit more than what I was eating on that diet. I can't say that I'm happy--granted it was only 11 days and it takes much more time and consistency to see any good, real results. I won't be frustrated....I won't be frustrated.... I won't be frustrated.....

but I am :mad:

shake it off , and get back at it, we all have bumps in the road, the key is always getting back up, you got this!!!

I miss the sneaky banana, lol

GeminiJedi
04-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks, guys. To top things off, Tuesday night I seem to have come down with a sinus bug :( It really sucks because we're going to Vegas this weekend. I hate being sick while on vacation.

Sunnyday
04-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Glutamine, lotsa vitamin C, & increase your fluid intake (especially while traveling) & you will feel tons better. Have a great trip!

partsRheavy
04-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Thanks, guys. To top things off, Tuesday night I seem to have come down with a sinus bug :( It really sucks because we're going to Vegas this weekend. I hate being sick while on vacation.

Zinc and moisture (steam) if ya respond to it....cold season's going downhill now...:)

GeminiJedi
04-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Glutamine, lotsa vitamin C, & increase your fluid intake (especially while traveling) & you will feel tons better. Have a great trip!

Zinc and moisture (steam) if ya respond to it....cold season's going downhill now...:)

Yes.... I've really been pushing fluids the last couple of weeks, let alone the last couple of days. I have some Respiratory Health tea from Traditional Medicinals (LOVE their Throat Coat tea) and a wellness blend tea, too, that seem to help so I've been drinking lots of that, too. Now if I could only sleep while being able to breathe through my nose instead of my mouth I'd be much happier...

stephaniewicked
04-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Ugh, everyone is freakin' sick up here and hackin' all over the place at work. I'm popping vitamins like candy (okay, not really - but I am taking them!) just to try and keep my immune system safe and strong... feel better, girl!

GeminiJedi
04-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Ok. Survived Vegas, but didn't have a voice for the entire trip! I'm finally *almost* not raspy/froggy anymore. BUT I did rupture my eardrum on the flight to Vegas... That's still popping all the time and I can't hear very well, but it doesn't hurt anymore, so that's good. 45 days until we go back! :D Drinking LOTS of water, doing 2-a-days, and making sure that I stay healthy.

So.... in those 45 days I want to lose 15 pounds. Gotta look good for my birthday celebration! Started at 127 this morning. If I'm 115 I'll be happy, so I guess it's only 12 lbs... But 115 or less and I'll be happy. :)

stephaniewicked
04-26-2011, 06:59 PM
45 days?? I haven't been there in 3.5 years... take me with you!!! ;)

katt981
04-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I love Vegas :) We haven't been there since Superbowl weekend... and I miss it already. next time won't be till Halloween (fun times)

GeminiJedi
04-26-2011, 07:37 PM
45 days?? I haven't been there in 3.5 years... take me with you!!! ;)

Come along!! The more the merrier!! :yep: And remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :whistle::shhh:

GeminiJedi
04-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I love Vegas :) We haven't been there since Superbowl weekend... and I miss it already. next time won't be till Halloween (fun times)

I was just there about a week ago.... Starting counting down to the next trip while at McCarran LOL

stephaniewicked
04-27-2011, 04:31 AM
Haha... hmm, a trip to Vegas - quite tempting! :p Trying to hit the Olympia this year, so I may have to hold off until then...

GeminiJedi
05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Ugh... So this sinus thingie still isn't quite cured... Had an unexpected trip to San Francisco last week and now I'm coughing, though I sound bad I don't feel terribly bad. Needless to say, I haven't been in the gym since Friday morning. Looks like I'll go tomorrow and the rest of this week. I just need to not be sick for Vegas.... 39 days!

stephaniewicked
05-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Ugh... still sick??! Jack up the vitamin C intake, woman! I'm so afraid to get sick... I don't wanna jinx myself, but I managed to survive the winter unharmed so I'm super scared that I'm due. Eeeek!

FEEL BETTER!!!

GeminiJedi
05-03-2011, 04:54 PM
It seems like since I quit working in the pharmacy my immune system has gone to hell. I would have thought that after 5 years of constant bombardment by germs that I'd be Superwoman. Apparently Immune System of Steel is a class power only Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists get. (haha... every now and then my inner geek forces its way out) I actually feel better than I sound. Even Hubby said that last night. I definitely need to start taking a multi again. Actually, the first 8 weeks of my last prep was probably the healthiest kick I had been on, and I've been attempting to get back on that..... I just have to do it.

Have a dentist appointment tonight, then hoping for a quick lift after. What I should do is go do some cardio now, because I have a feeling that it's not going to get done later...

GeminiJedi
05-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Hmm.... cardio wasn't such a great idea :( I made it 10 mins and almost a mile before I conceded that I'm stuffier/coughing too bad. Maybe it's allergies??? Hoping a couple days on Claritan/Zyrtec help

Ibarramedia
05-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Get some rest Courtney.

stephaniewicked
05-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Yeah... coughing + cardio don't make good partners in crime. :( Hope you feel better soon... the worst is when you get sick, but the cough lingers around for a few weeks. Totally messes everything up!

GeminiJedi
05-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah... coughing + cardio don't make good partners in crime. :( Hope you feel better soon... the worst is when you get sick, but the cough lingers around for a few weeks. Totally messes everything up!

Yea. I felt better for a couple days, went to SF for a night, and came back with this cough--though I'm debating if it's the original sinus thing moved into my chest or just allergies. My chest doesn't feel congested. I dunno. If I'm not better by early next week I'll go back in. I can't be sick for Vegas!

Going to go to boxing class tonight... Hopefully I survive that. Haven't done any workouts this morning, trying to rest.

GeminiJedi
05-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Actually got a pretty good run in yesterday instead of boxing class. Hubby got stuck at work so we didn't make it to class, so we ran our loop. It's just over a mile. We got home from running it, and I felt good (and know he didn't get much out of only one mile) so we ran it again :) Did just over 2.25 miles in 22 minutes, not counting the 5 minute break in between. YAAY! I feel pretty good today.... guess it should just be a lift and some lighter cardio today, maybe walking an incline instead of running... I ran faster and felt better running outside than I usually do on the treadmill. It's funny, because I thought that running on the treadmill was easier than running outside... I dunno, if it's nice out again today I may take a lunchtime walk/run :)

stephaniewicked
05-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I can't run for my life... I'm absolutely positive that I look like a fool on the rare occasions when I do run, so I just save myself the misery and embarrassment by sticking to the stepmill at the gym. We're in loveeee! haha... sounds like you got some blood pumping and are feeling great, and that's all that matters!

GeminiJedi
05-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Been taking Airborne daily for that bump in zinc and Vit C...I think it's helping. That and getting the blood pumping and muscles moving and toxins flushing.

As far as running, I've never been a runner. Hell, I still don't consider myself a runner. But it is growing on me. I think running does that--grows on you like a fungus. Yuck, that's not a fun analogy lol BUT seriously, it does grow on you. That run is a personal best for distance. Tomorrow we're going to go for another long run--there's a nice park that's got a 2.6 mile trail that I want to tackle :)

GeminiJedi
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Well... 11 days to Vegas! YAAAAAY! And I'm closer to 120 than 130 now, and actually pretty happy :) My jeans are too big, and I think I'm going to need a new swimsuit to take to Vegas :D Gonna keep on doing what I'm doing, I'm feeling good so there's no reason to change anything.

Ran just about 3 miles on Friday--halfway to my goal! My knees are a bit sore today, not sure if it's from the run or the shenanigans incurred over this weekend ;) I'm sure a bit of both lol

GeminiJedi
06-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I definitely have a sick desire to run now: I'm doing a 5k on the 4th of July with Hubby, my aunt and her hubby; a 10k in Denver at the end of September (also with Hubby and my aunt) called Fans on the Field where runners get to run on the fields of Invesco Field, Coors Field and on the floor of the Pepsi Center. I'm VERY excited for this one! I wanted to run it last year when I heard about it, but then I remembered that I wasn't a runner LOL Then the 10k at the end of October is still on, too. PHEW!! What a lot of running!

As of yesterday I was 124--which is good because after Vegas I was back up to 128ish. I finally like what I'm seeing in the mirror again! :excited: The backside still needs some work, but I know that's always the last to come around, so just keep on keepin' on and it will catch up :)

I do like that all this running (and it's about 7 miles a week so it's not much) is balancing out my physique--taking my legs down a bit and taking off some fluff! I'm feeling really good from the running--not totally exhausted during boxing classes and able to keep moving through the entire hour. Ah, the benefits of cross training :) Boxing class is helping the delts a bit, and days that I lift I'm doing upper body only. My hams could use some extra attention, but I'm really just using my running as my leg training for right now. I know weight training my legs will help my running, but I'm not racing against anyone but my self, nor am I trying to qualify for a marathon or anything so I'm not worried about it. I just want to enjoy running and to complete the runs I'm signing up for :)

stephaniewicked
06-25-2011, 06:41 AM
I wish I liked running, but the thought of it makes me miserable haha... I'll stick to the stepmill and elliptical! Wish I had your love for it though... I know it would be great to add that to my training!

GeminiJedi
08-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I did my 5k in 31 min 04 seconds :excited: I reached my goal of 10 min miles :) I hadn't really run since the 4th of July, ran a couple times last week, and felt really good. Hubby and I ran Tuesday for time (30min) and at a really good pace. Our Garmin's battery died and we lost the charger, so we just went for time until we got the new charger. SO now that it's charging we can run that same route and see how far we went. I didn't even feel sore after the run, so that's a good sign. My muscles are used to it I just have to get my lungs conditioned now. I didn't hit my normal wall, I didn't cramp up, I was able to push through everything (even a blister halfway through the run). I'm looking at a 10k at the end of September and another at the end of October. I really feel like I can do it now :)