PDA

View Full Version : Here I go...AGAIN!!

p1nkangel
01-07-2010, 06:07 AM
So I've joined the gym yet again and am trying desperately not to eat junk however all I seem to think about is food!!

I should know better as I've been here before and have the basics of what foods to avoid but the more I try the more I seem to eat the junk!! Why?!

It seems that I never get out of the "beginner" stage...so here I am again as the title of my post suggests to start and endeavour to proceed with a healthier way of life.

Unfortunately I find cardio boring...prefer weights but motivation wanes quite quickly so I'm thinking of doing classes to keep me motivated...the likes of bodypump which incorporates weights and aerobics...

However I'd also like to do free weights as I do enjoy the results...but would only be able to dedicate 3x a week to this...

Could anyone recommend any workouts that I could start on please? My goal is to build lean muscle whilst losing bodyfat. I weigh 10 stone 5 lbs and height is 5'7". I'm a 32yr old female.

Thanks in anticipation of any help/replies.

Lavinia

cook
01-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Lifting weights 3x a week is fine.Don`t complicate things like aerobics.Get on a treadmill or outside and put one foot in front of the other and repeat over and over.Get on a good diet,whichever type you choose.You have to want the results more than you want that goddamn doughnut!!! Do it.

p1nkangel
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Cheers cook...I enjoy walking loads so can certainly incorporate that into my workout.

I've also started using an online food diary to keep track of what I'm eating...and I'm trying to eat more protein with salads & veg. Problem is that I adore bread...even though I choose wholemeal I tend to over indulge with it.

I guess its just getting out of the nasty habits I've slipped into again & eating more heathily.
Thanks for your input - I appreciate it.

Lavinia

jlgiller
01-07-2010, 10:47 AM
If you can get all of it out of the house, or do like Aaron said last night have the other people you live with lock up the carbs. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for the carb cravings to stop.

Juvenile
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Stop being lazy and making excuses. You have to want it. No classes will help you - you have to stop being soft and hit the gym, just like I did. No one helped me with motivation, and no one can help you.

p1nkangel
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
If you can get all of it out of the house, or do like Aaron said last night have the other people you live with lock up the carbs. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for the carb cravings to stop.

Hi jlgiller, I have to have willpower as my OH brings the junk in and its not fair that I ask him to stop as its up to him to eat what he wants. Locking it out of my way is ideal actually cos if it isn't in the house, I won't eat it. Its good to know that the carb cravings will stop after approx 2-3 wks!! That's no time at all. Just have to ride it out. Thanks for that :) appreciated.

Stop being lazy and making excuses. You have to want it. No classes will help you - you have to stop being soft and hit the gym, just like I did. No one helped me with motivation, and no one can help you. .

Ooops...haha Just the kick up the backside I need :yep: Cheers for that. Appreciated.

Lavinia

jlgiller
01-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I just went back on a no carb diet my only carbs are veggies and started my period the same day. I keep a box of sugar free chocolate jello and mixed it with my bananna protein powder to curb the chocolate cravings. Have you checked out the keto thread and some of the recipies?

B7emm
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM
the first few weeks of the diet are the worst. but if you focus on what you want to achieve you can do it. i like to go through the mags for pics of body parts i want mine to look like and cut them out; so and so's arm ect... and tape it to the mirror in the bath room so its one of the first things i see when i brush my teeth in the mornings.

Juvenile
01-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Hope that helped. Resist the temptation to eat that Kit-Kat chunky!!

Sledge
01-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I find pre preparing all my food helps. Sometimes the day before, and sometimes a weeks worth of meals in advance. That way it's actualy eisier to stick to plan than it is to cheat. Good move with the online log of food. Do you also plan your meals in advance so you don't have to think about what you eat, you already know.

Sledge
01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
oh and make sure your drinking enough water.

s2h
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
if you can afford it find a trainer w/ a good rep and hire him/her and it will help you be accountable for your results!

Sledge
01-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Post a log on this site of your training, diet and progress. We'll keep ya motivated and accountable.

djh0582
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I find pre preparing all my food helps. Sometimes the day before, and sometimes a weeks worth of meals in advance. That way it's actualy eisier to stick to plan than it is to cheat. Good move with the online log of food. Do you also plan your meals in advance so you don't have to think about what you eat, you already know.My wife did the same thing she prepared her meals(snacks) before hand there for it was no guessing on what will she eat. She had it already prepared, she lost to this date almost 40 lbs that was almost 6months ago. Now i'm trying to get her to do the same for me.

GirlyMuscle
01-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Sledge has to lock up stuff I can't have. Nuts, the scale, etc. Seems childish but I can't control certain things so if it's going to be here when he's not I need his help.

p1nkangel
01-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey Guys & Dolls

Soz I haven't been on to respond to the fab support & advice you've given me. I had laser eye surgery about 1 week ago and due to some minor complications I haven't been able to get online much at all. Alls healing nicely though so I'll be hard at in in the gym in a few weeks time.

In the meantime, I'm starting to keep my food intake under check so at least that's a start.

I greatly appreciate all of your advice and support and will check in again when I commence my workouts, but I'll still be popping in and around the site to pick up info about diet and workouts and gather any advice and or support that I can.

Thanks All

Lavinia xo

The Thinker
01-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Sledge has to lock up stuff I can't have. Nuts, the scale, etc. Seems childish but I can't control certain things so if it's going to be here when he's not I need his help.

That is so funny. I have a key lock on our pantry and my wife keeps it locked at night when I'm dieting. I like to say I eat when I sleep walk but the truth is I wake up famished and freak out.

p1nkangel
02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Okay...so i got the go ahead from the optician that I can workout again!! Woo hoo! So I have to do an induction at the gym on Tuesday night...then take it slowly and build up...sooooooooooooo looking forward to getting stuck in :)