PDA

View Full Version : Ambers Training Journal

Amber-Leigh
01-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Ok So I decided to keep an online journal to help keep me in check and motivated and what better place to do it then here!

I have a goal in competing in a Figure competition (I know how original) later this year.

I have trained on and off for several years but started training seriously in April 2008. I started on Daves diet on Monday Jan 4 so I am only on day 4. I was originayl on a high protein moderate carb low fat diet. I am also following a five day split with five days of 40 minutes of cardio.

I have the type of body that builds muscle but hangs on to fat! So its always been a struggle with me to keep my weight in check. I have been skinny fat several times and now this time I am determined to get my body where I want but by doing it the right way. That and to compete in figure has been a dream of mine for years. Only now I can really dedicate my time and energy to my training and diet.

I look forward to sharing my journey here and any feedback or advice is always welcome!

Thanks for reading
Amber

GirlyMuscle
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
How are you feeling so far on Dave's plan? The first 3 days are usually the worst. You should be getting into ketosis now so you'll start to feel pretty good.

Amber-Leigh
01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I feel really good on this diet! I do feel hungry and have a hard time spacing my meals 3 hours apart.

GirlyMuscle
01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I had the same problem. Once I start my cut I'm going to try 6 meals by shaving a little off each meal. So instead of 6 ozs of protein I'll do 5 ozs. Then take that extra protein and throw it into a 6th meal.

Amber-Leigh
01-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Ok on Day 5 of the diet I feel really good (even in spite of my period starting).

I work at my gym part time and yesterday right after some grueling dental work I made my way to the gym to train and work a 4 hour shift. I was not feeling up for training since half my face was still frozen from the dentist and just feeling a little tired. But I made my way through my bicep\tricep workout.

It went like this:

Straight bar curl 3 sets x15 reps (just the bar)
Preacher d-bell curls 3sets x 10 reps 12/12/15
Rope curls 3 sets x 12 reps 20/20/20
Bar dips 3 sets x 15 reps
Kickbacks 3 sets x 12 reps 12/12/15

Followed by 40 minutes on the elliptical, keeping heart rate under 120 bpm

Diet was right on target yesterday, drank a gallon of water and took my multi.

Fridays I usually take off from training and just get a light walk in with the dogs although it's freezing here today feels like -19. The dobes don't care to stay out too long so we will see.

I work tomorrow and Sunday at the gym and will get my chest and leg shaping workout in then.

Amber-Leigh
01-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Oh That is a great idea to spread the meals out to get one more meal. I think especially if you have longer days 6 meals would be perfect. Let me know how you feel doing that.

GirlyMuscle
01-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm not starting my keto thing until Feb 2nd. Then I'm doing a mini 5 week cut just to feel good and hopefully look good going to the Aussie Pro show. I'll post up my plan in my journal when it's time.

Glad you're feeling good. Is the hunger abating a little?

Amber-Leigh
01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
The hunger issue is getting better. It's funny how I have no desire to even have one cheat bite of anything because I don't want to go out of ketosis. But when I was eating carbs it was nothing for me to have a bite of a cookie here and there. I feel really good on day 6 of the diet no weights today just a cardio session.

Tomorrow is chest and leg shaping. I am staying on the diet for two weeks until first cheat meal. Trying to locate mac nut oil in Toronto. I'm using Udos right now.

Oh I did have a little cream in my coffee this morning is that bad?

Amber-Leigh
01-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Worked out lastnight, managed to dome some (not all) of my back workout. I missed legs on Monday only did cardio. Ever since I quit my fliying job I thought I would have more time for my training and my studies but it isn't turning out that way.
I need to manage my time better I guess. For me to miss a workout or not feel motivated to do it is very rare for me, maybe it's just the winter slump.

Cardio yesterday was 1 hour fast walk outside (it's -15 but I was sweating). Then I worked pt at the gym last night and it's getting busier so for me to fit in my workout during my shift is getting harder. Here is what I managed :

seated row 30/30/32.5

Reverse grip pull down 35/35/35/35

Hyperextension 20/20/20/20

Followed by 20 minutes cardio

Not much, not my full w/o but better then nothing.

Diet is great.

Today I will walk down to the gym (45 min) and do shoulders and walk back.

Amber-Leigh
01-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Yesterday worked legs and 40 minutes cardio.

Wide stance deadlift 15 reps 40/50/50/55

Leg ext 20 reps super set 55/55/55
with leg press 20 reps 180/180/180

Lying leg curls 12 reps 50/55/45/45 (i was getting really tired so I dropped the weight)

Hack Squat superset 180/180/180
with walking lunges 30/30/30

Followed this with 40 minutes of cardio on the arc trainer

Amber-Leigh
01-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Ok did shoulders yesterday and 1 hour fast walk outside.

It looked like this:

D-Bell Press 15x15/8x25/8x20/8x20/15x15

Up&Backs 12x7.5/7.5/10/10

Full Range laterals 10x 7.5/10/10/10
ss w/D-bell upright rows 10x12/15/15/15

High Cable Pullbacks 20x20/10x25/10x30/10x30/20x25

Shrugs 8x30each hand/35/40

My diet was just the one day of protein and veggies, man was that tough! Glad to be back to some healthy fats today.

Amber-Leigh
02-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Ahh I haven't posted in so long! And a lot has changed since I last posted.

I switched trainers and nutritionist and I'm now training with Team Obrien. My ultimate goal is compete in Figure at some point in my life, but I'm in no rush. For now I'm doing an 8 week program (two weeks into it now). Then reassess to see where I'm at and hopefully start program to get me to the stage.

My training has always been very consistent, it's my nutrition that I have been tweaking with myself for the past few months and not getting it right.
So I'm happy now to have someone else customize it for me.