View Full Version : Bob's Place

Pages : 1 [2]

gman
01-22-2010, 06:26 PM
have 5, add an extra one for me.

Bob45
01-22-2010, 07:40 PM
have 5, add an extra one for me.

I was being conservative, lol. We tried the vodka and xtend already. That was good!

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Happy Saturday Bob
How was your night out?
Did you have a few drinks for us:)

Bob45
01-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Happy Saturday Bob
How was your night out?
Did you have a few drinks for us:)

I had a few. Didn't over do it. My waist is down a little more so things are going good. Looking for a leg press since the squats bother me so much.

DBowden
01-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Bob,
What is your current workout schedule like?

2 on 1 off, every other day ect.?

gman
01-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I was being conservative, lol. We tried the vodka and xtend already. That was good!

Seriously, did you really.....I made ice, water and lemon xtend smoothies before, and figured gin or vodka would go good in them.

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Sounds like limoncello. I made my own with lemon zest. No BCAAs though :)

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Seriously, did you really.....I made ice, water and lemon xtend smoothies before, and figured gin or vodka would go good in them.

Both sound really good
Going out tonight might have to have 1 drink ...I have been very good:)

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Both sound really good

You're bulking girl, have a damn guilt free drink :)

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 07:46 PM

Hell I might have 2 ...it's been a rough week

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 07:52 PM

Go for it! Seriously you can afford the cals w/o guilt!

gman
01-23-2010, 08:00 PM
just have a double shot in one drink...then you only will have one. No guilt

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Her cals have been so low for so long she could easily do a 2200 cal day with no repercussions.

gman
01-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Her cals have been so low for so long she could easily do a 2200 cal day with no repercussions.

she would consider that a huge cheat day. I know her!

I can't even get her to do a cheat meal once every two weeks!

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 08:42 PM

She still thinks she's dieting :mad:

blu2xtreme
01-24-2010, 12:07 AM

Had 2 drinks ...tasted great ...but made me sleepy

Could not eat a cheat meal tonight...just couldn't
you do know me well :yep:

Not dieting ...just very controlled eating :p

Hi Bob ...hope you had a great night:)

Bob45
01-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Bob,
What is your current workout schedule like?

2 on 1 off, every other day ect.?

Very good questtion, haha. After a 2 year layoff I came back thinking I will just wing it and do some compound lifts whenever I get a chance to go workout. No set plan do whatever when I feel recovered. I was also going to just not each junk food and not worry about diet much.

Now that I have a journal here and following others I am getting into it. The diet is getting dialed in. My lifts are increasing pretty good. Mostly compounds and very short workouts. The rest days haven't been set. I just go by how I feel. Some days I seem to recover faster than others. If I don't feel good and strong I take 2 days. It seems to be going legs, chest/bi's, rest, back, shoulders, rest. I need to rest between back and shoulders and I haven't been.

All the tri exercises hurt my left elbow pretty bad. I'll try them again now that it seems better. I don't really talk much. I don't know why I wrote all that, lol.

My older son's were sitting at the counter. They had just bought a bottle of vodka. I suggested the xtend with it for some shots. We just put some ice in a mixer and shook some up. It was really good. The sucralose in the xtend still didn't agree with though.

Those sound good!

Both sound really good

They are much better than depression meds the docs like to hand out like candy.

Go for it! Seriously you can afford the cals w/o guilt!

Had 2 drinks ...tasted great ...but made me sleepy

Could not eat a cheat meal tonight...just couldn't
you do know me well :yep:

Not dieting ...just very controlled eating :p

Hi Bob ...hope you had a great night:)

It was a good night. Had a nice fire outside in the cold. It was big enough to keep us real warm. I missed a lot of action in here.

yesterday
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,493
Fat 69.7 627 26 %
Carbohydrate 223.4 794 33 %
Protein 245.7 983 41 %

Today I need to do legs. Somehow manage to hit them good and not hurt my knees. It's pretty hard to do legs and not bend your knees much besides the sldl's.

Bob45
01-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Did some leg presses with my machine. Needs some mods but worked okay. It isn't very smooth so it does make it heavier. Also tried sldl's for the first time in a couple years. My lower back is super weak. I really need to do these light until it strengthens.

Vertical leg press
120 x 15
180 x 15
220 x 15
250 x 10

Stiff leg deads
70 x 12
90 x 12
115 x 12

These didn't feel too good on my lower back at all.

bodyhard
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Did some leg presses with my machine. Needs some mods but worked okay. It isn't very smooth so it does make it heavier. Also tried sldl's for the first time in a couple years. My lower back is super weak. I really need to do these light until it strengthens.

Vertical leg press
120 x 15
180 x 15
220 x 15
250 x 10

Stiff leg deads
70 x 12
90 x 12
115 x 12

These didn't feel too good on my lower back at all.

How are you doing them? The SLDL

Bob45
01-24-2010, 04:37 PM
How are you doing them? The SLDL

Feet a little more than shoulder distance apart. Hands just outside my legs for distance apart. Knees bent a little. Bend at the hips. Keep knees same position. Lower weight far down as possible trying to stretch the hams. Back up feeling a lot in the hams pushing hips forward. Never did them much. Never had anyone really show me. Just watched videos.

bodyhard
01-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Feet a little more than shoulder distance apart. Hands just outside my legs for distance apart. Knees bent a little. Bend at the hips. Keep knees same position. Lower weight far down as possible trying to stretch the hams. Back up feeling a lot in the hams pushing hips forward. Never did them much. Never had anyone really show me. Just watched videos.

Oh this is your first time doing them? You will feel it a lot on your lower back as well, but once your lumbar muscle start getting stronger it wont' be so bad.

But and this is a BIG but you are feeling it on your lower MUSCLE not your lower SPINE correct?

Bob45
01-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh this is your first time doing them? You will feel it a lot on your lower back as well, but once your lumbar muscle start getting stronger it wont' be so bad.

But and this is a BIG but you are feeling it on your lower MUSCLE not your lower SPINE correct?

I never did them when I was young either. They are new to me. I never saw them done in the gym. I also always avoided things that bothered my lower back. That was dumb because it was basically just too weak I think. It does hurt me when I fall asleep on my stomach and always did so who knows? The spine doesn't hurt.

Bob45
01-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,326
Fat 72.6 652 29 %
Carbohydrate 195.8 760 33 %
Protein 219.8 871 38 %

cardio was a 1/2 hour walk through our hilly neighborhood.

gman
01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
good eating, especially for a Sunday...lots of temptations on weekends!

Bob45
01-24-2010, 10:08 PM
good eating, especially for a Sunday...lots of temptations on weekends!

My wife is also on a diet which makes it a 100 times easier. She isn't baking all kinds of stuff.

Mac
01-25-2010, 05:16 AM
My wife is also on a diet which makes it a 100 times easier. She isn't baking all kinds of stuff.

Mine GF is too, but today she made banana bread. It's all gone now.

gman
01-25-2010, 06:09 AM
I have an 11 year old daughter who swims competitively and a 20 year old son here at home too...carbs, carbs and more carbs. Just lying around waiting to be eaten!

Bob45
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,342
Fat 80.0 719 31 %
Carbohydrate 181.7 705 30 %
Protein 225.9 898 39 %

Chest/Bi's tomorrow

Capt_lou
01-25-2010, 10:58 PM

THis is how I do them, but when I do them the weight comes about 6 inches or so from touching the floor, due to a rounding of my back if I go any lower. Best way is to stand to the side of a mirror and watch your back and see how low you can get before the rounding. I also keep the weight pretty close to my legs. As John said, you will feel it in your lower back at first, but mind muscle connection will come and I now feel it all in my glutes and hams.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Saw you asking Mike about what it is that they are gonna do at the Arnold for the 'contest'. I think that depends on the distractions. Even at a smaller venue like the L.A. FitExpo this past weekend celebrities were calling out Dave and pulling him here and then there. He is a popular man. With Romano with him lets hope somehow a segment of time and a format of what it is they are judging (conditioning I guess) is set up so our Forum competitors don't fall into the cracks of the enormity and hoopla of what is 'the Arnold' after months of prep and hype. This is a BIG DEAL for our friends....

Baldie

Bob45
01-26-2010, 08:34 AM
THis is how I do them, but when I do them the weight comes about 6 inches or so from touching the floor, due to a rounding of my back if I go any lower. Best way is to stand to the side of a mirror and watch your back and see how low you can get before the rounding. I also keep the weight pretty close to my legs. As John said, you will feel it in your lower back at first, but mind muscle connection will come and I now feel it all in my glutes and hams.

Thanks for the tips. I'll take a video of myself and watch what my back is doing. It really needs strengthening. I am limiting myself on a lot of lifts with a weak lower back.

Saw you asking Mike about what it is that they are gonna do at the Arnold for the 'contest'. I think that depends on the distractions. Even at a smaller venue like the L.A. FitExpo this past weekend celebrities were calling out Dave and pulling him here and then there. He is a popular man. With Romano with him lets hope somehow a segment of time and a format of what it is they are judging (conditioning I guess) is set up so our Forum competitors don't fall into the cracks of the enormity and hoopla of what is 'the Arnold' after months of prep and hype. This is a BIG DEAL for our friends....

Baldie

It sure is a big deal. These guys are working hard.

Capt_lou
01-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll take a video of myself and watch what my back is doing. It really needs strengthening. I am limiting myself on a lot of lifts with a weak lower back.

Video's are awesome, there has been so many things about my form that I have corrected just by watching myself.

bodyhard
01-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Video's are awesome, there has been so many things about my form that I have corrected just by watching myself.

Videos really do help and it allows others to view something you might have missed as well.

Bob45
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM

Videos really do help and it allows others to view something you might have missed as well.

I always video boating. I'll have to do workouts now. I do remember trying it before. I was saying to myself it sure doesn't feel like I am messing up like it looks in the video.

Renault and Ford are working on a new

small car for women.

They are mixing the Renault Clio and

the Ford Taurus and calling it the "Clitaurus."

It comes in pink and the average male

car thief won't be able to find it,

even if someone tells him where it is.

DBowden
01-26-2010, 06:34 PM

When you say bend at the hips, are you pushing your ass backwards while you are lowering the weight and keeping your back flat?
I know that sounds 'strange' but it's proper form.

Bob45
01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
When you say bend at the hips, are you pushing your ass backwards while you are lowering the weight and keeping your back flat?
I know that sounds 'strange' but it's proper form.

That was what I felt like I was doing at least. I'll have to video that. I wish there was a easier way to post video than through sites everyone besides on here can view too.

Bob45
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,312
Fat 88.1 793 35 %
Carbohydrate 160.6 627 27 %
Protein 216.0 864 38 %

Chest / Bi's
BB bench press
135 x 10
157 x 8
179 x 6
205 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 6

Incline db press
55's x 10
70's x 10
85's x 8

DB curls
45's x 10, 9, 5

Here's my workout on video;

YouTube- MVI_0698_NEW.avi

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Nice workout!

Do you have workout clothes?

gman
01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
you sure don't rest much between sets! :p

Bob45
01-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice workout!

Do you have workout clothes?

I do but usually just wear them to the gym. Want me to get some of those clingy shorts?

you sure don't rest much between sets! :p

Notice that? The whole workout in under 10 minutes. I did notice I pop my butt up on the video. Didn't realize I was doing that. On the inclines my head was up for some reps. My waist is huge on the curls. 5 weeks later and it hasn't changed much if any.

blu2xtreme
01-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I do but usually just wear them to the gym. Want me to get some of those clingy shorts?

Can they be blue clingy shorts :p

Funny - I workout at home but I always wear workout stuff - but I am a little vain these days ...ask my family:hypno:

Bob45
01-27-2010, 09:30 AM

Funny - I workout at home but I always wear workout stuff - but I am a little vain these days ...ask my family:hypno:

I am going to start for leg work and deads now that the numbers are going up. I something a little more stretchy than jeans. My next video will be with workout clothes!

Bob45
01-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Tracking calories is getting old fast! Not sure I will continue. Just eat the same. Not like things are happening fast anyway. Can't see myself doing this forever.

Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,606
Fat 90.4 813 31 %
Carbohydrate 205.7 796 30 %
Protein 250.8 1,003 38 %

gman
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Bob, I know from experience, that is maintenance level for me if I do 30 minutes of cardio a day...not sure for you.

gman
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM

A little????? :p

This coming from the man who has the record for most pics of himself posted in his journal

Bob45
01-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Bob, I know from experience, that is maintenance level for me if I do 30 minutes of cardio a day...not sure for you.

It may be maintenance for me too. I am giving it a couple months to find out. I was eating a ton more before and not gaining. Now I am eating a lot less and not losing weight or fat. Just water weight that goes up and down. Early in the morning I am the lightest. Still on my second belt notch. I am getting stronger so I am not going to eat less until that stops.

Bob45
01-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,136
Fat 68.5 616 29 %
Carbohydrate 152.0 558 27 %
Protein 231.0 923 44 %

Deadlifts
135 x 5
179 x 5
223 x 5
267 x 5
317 x 3
339 x 3
Tried one set of squats 135 x 10. See how the knees are for tomorrow.

freebirdmac
01-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Hope the knees will be fine!

Bob45
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Hope the knees will be fine!

Me too. I like squats better than leg presses.

Bob45
01-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,370
Fat 74.6 671 29 %
Carbohydrate 197.3 761 32 %
Protein 230.4 922 39 %

Tried squats again tonight. Just from taking one week off I cramped up. It wasn't the supps helping. It was just getting used to doing them again that cured the cramps as I thought. Cramping ruined the sldl's too.

squats
135 x 10 x 4

sldl's
115 x 10

oh well

gman
01-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Keep grinding Bob

Bob45
01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Keep grinding Bob

I'm into. There is no stopping now. There is no hurry either. I am happy I am at least back at it. I am eating good. Getting stronger. My endurance is coming super slow but it is coming. Any progress is good. I am going to stay very light with the squats for a while. They still feel better than leg presses to me.

Bob45
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Saturday workout; Finished my sldl's from yesterday's cramps and did shoulders. Did the sldl's nice and light. Only my second time doing them.

sldl's
115 x 10 x 3

seated shoulder presses
bar x 10
67 x 5
89 x 9
115 x 5
135 x 5
146 x 6

front raises
45# plate x 10 x 3

upright rows (will do these second next time)
90 x 8 x 3

bentover laterals
30's x 10 x 3

Bob45
01-31-2010, 09:32 AM
I've been tracking calories/macros since December 28th. I am still 228 in the morning and 235 by late in the day. Still on the second belt notch. My strength has increased. I got the same type results when I weighed 190#'s. I didn't see a steady drop in fat and weight until I got down to 1800 calories or less. At that rate I was getting a lot of need to eat more feedback on the other site. You will ruin your metabolism. For two years I ate 3000+. Stayed steady at 230 for several months.

I guess this is showing your metabolism doesn't really change that easy from diet. Muscle mass seems to be the main factor as I thought. Since all the weight I gained was fat my calories needed to lose are the same. I could also run it off but then again my metabolism wouldn't be changing I would just be burning more and would have to continue running to keep fat off.

My plan is to keep the calories steady until the strength increases stop. I imagine I am close right now with most lifts except squats. That is a big one and I hope my knees will allow the gains. Hopefully I can keep most of the strength when I go to lose the fat again with low calories. It's a strange cycle.

Average Daily Calories Eaten
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,285
Fat 79.8 717 32 %
Carbohydrate 179.1 681 30 %
Protein 214.9 863 38 %

DBowden
01-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,370
Fat 74.6 671 29 %
Carbohydrate 197.3 761 32 %
Protein 230.4 922 39 %

Tried squats again tonight. Just from taking one week off I cramped up. It wasn't the supps helping. It was just getting used to doing them again that cured the cramps as I thought. Cramping ruined the sldl's too.

squats
135 x 10 x 4

sldl's
115 x 10

oh well

Keep at it Bob.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 09:43 AM
Keep at it Bob.

Thanks for stopping by. My journal seems to be getting boring. I will keep at it. Going to stay light with squats for a long time and only make increases when the weight feels very easy. Maybe my knees will hold up then. The leg presses didn't seem to do much. My legs are really sore just from the light weight.

DBowden
01-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Ever try squatting combined with widowmaker leg presses?
Leg press reps in the 25-50 rep range.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Ever try squatting combined with widowmaker leg presses?
Leg press reps in the 25-50 rep range.

I want to do something like that and will when and if I get past the knee and cramp problems.

freebirdmac
01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
I wonder if water retention is hiding your losses. What are your other measurements looking like?

fatbackgoal
01-31-2010, 09:59 AM
First time checking in and wanted to say hello. Best of luck with your journey.

DBowden
01-31-2010, 10:07 AM
I want to do something like that and will when and if I get past the knee and cramp problems.

Once you get past the knee and cramp problems consider trying a reverse pyramid squat workout.

Light/Heavy/Light.

Warm up with say 2 sets in the 12/10 rep range then hit the heaviest weight you can handle with a 6 rep range, then go down say 20 pounds in weight and increase the rep range to 8, drop another 20 pounds of weight and increase the reps to 10, drop another 20 pounds of weight and increase the reps to 12.

It will totally burn your quads out.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I wonder if water retention is hiding your losses. What are your other measurements looking like?

I haven't taken measurements. I just look the same in the mirror. My clothes fit the same and my belt is at the same notch. Things may be changing in other places and not making it seem like anything is happening. Since I am a lot stronger something has to be happening somewhere. If I did take the measurements I would probably know.

Sometimes measurements aren't good for me either. I've done it before. When you lose fat it comes off everywhere. When your arms, legs, chest start shrinking you hate it. My arms are 17.5 cold. I know that is about an inch or more or fat. That is one measurement I did take for the hell of it.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 10:12 AM
First time checking in and wanted to say hello. Best of luck with your journey.

Thanks for stopping in!

Once you get past the knee and cramp problems consider trying a reverse pyramid squat workout.

Light/Heavy/Light.

Warm up with say 2 sets in the 12/10 rep range then hit the heaviest weight you can handle with a 6 rep range, then go down say 20 pounds in weight and increase the rep range to 8, drop another 20 pounds of weight and increase the reps to 10, drop another 20 pounds of weight and increase the reps to 12.

It will totally burn your quads out.

I'm sure it will. The few sets I do now already do. My legs have a long way to go. They will probably be the secret to my success too.

blu2xtreme
01-31-2010, 10:19 AM
I haven't taken measurements. I just look the same in the mirror. My clothes fit the same and my belt is at the same notch. Things may be changing in other places and not making it seem like anything is happening. Since I am a lot stronger something has to be happening somewhere. If I did take the measurements I would probably know.

Sometimes measurements aren't good for me either. I've done it before. When you lose fat it comes off everywhere. When your arms, legs, chest start shrinking you hate it. My arms are 17.5 cold. I know that is about an inch or more or fat. That is one measurement I did take for the hell of it.

I didn't take measurements either - I know wish I would of
Sometimes it is so hard to to tell your progressing then one day I looked in the mirror ....and damn I grew shoulders:p

freebirdmac
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
If you don't take other measurements, and they are getting smaller, then it messes with your head. You think you're not losing as you should be.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 11:37 AM
I know I just started back in November. Things do take a long time. It is just weird that I never eat junk anymore and things aren't visably happening faster. I would stop for a large ice cream everyday!. I also had lots of sugar cereal every night.

freebirdmac
01-31-2010, 11:48 AM
I know I just started back in November. Things do take a long time. It is just weird that I never eat junk anymore and things aren't visably happening faster. I would stop for a large ice cream everyday!. I also had lots of sugar cereal every night.

I don't think it's all that surprising. Muscle memory is real. Between reawakening your muscles, getting them pumped up, and other fluid retention the scale and your waist can stay the same.

What supps are you taking?

Bob45
01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think it's all that surprising. Muscle memory is real. Between reawakening your muscles, getting them pumped up, and other fluid retention the scale and your waist can stay the same.

What supps are you taking?

I know you are right. I always will want more! The strength was keeping me going. Looking better usually keeps me a lot more psyched.

I am taking a good multi that has a lot in it. It is Dr.Crantons Prime nutrients if you want to see what it has in it. Then I take 5000 I.U. vitamin D, fish oil, MSM for the joints, melatonin for sleep. I was taking extra potassium and magnesium this past month for cramps but it didn't help so I won't continue them. I do use ON Whey for extra protein too. I use protein bars for treat meals.

gman
01-31-2010, 11:58 AM
I do think that you get to a weight like that Bob, you can eat almost anything within reason and not gain anything, but losing it is a different story.

Just keep eating 2200-2300 for a while and let things work themselves out. If nothing else you will probably have better blood pressure and lipid levels.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
I do think that you get to a weight like that Bob, you can eat almost anything within reason and not gain anything, but losing it is a different story.

Just keep eating 2200-2300 for a while and let things work themselves out. If nothing else you will probably have better blood pressure and lipid levels.

I do have high BP from the weight and lipid levels are messed up also. I do need to eat good for those reasons too.

gman
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
curcumin, coq-10, no flush niacin, and green tea extract...not sure if you are on any of those.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
curcumin, coq-10, no flush niacin, and green tea extract...not sure if you are on any of those.

Nope, the coq-10 is expensive I know. I've checked it out.

gman
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
It helped drive my c-reactive protein and my homocysteine levels to near zero...worth it when your dad died at 44 like mine did!

Bob45
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
It helped drive my c-reactive protein and my homocysteine levels to near zero...worth it when your dad died at 44 like mine did!

I should know about those numbers but I have no idea what mine are.

gman
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
they measure inflammation I believe

Bob45
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Felt like an arm workout today. It felt good. With a pump I got 18.25 inches. Too bad it is a couple inches of fat.

30 degree incline curls
25's x 10
30's x 10
35's x 10

superset

tricep pushdowns
80 x 10
100 x 10
120 x 10

preacher curls
55 x 10
65 x 10 x 2

superset

lying db tri extensions
30's x 10
35's x 10 x 2 (40's would have been good but don't have them)

lying cable curls
120 x 10 x 3

superset

overhead cable extensions
120 x 10 x 3

Having a hard time typing with the burning.

blu2xtreme
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Good workout
Glad I'm not the only one that has trouble typing their workout after training...I guess it's because we workout at home and we still have the pump when we are logging it.
Love the pump:)

Bob45
01-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Good workout
Glad I'm not the only one that has trouble typing their workout after training...I guess it's because we workout at home and we still have the pump when we are logging it.
Love the pump:)

Since I don't write it down I come up and type it in right away. I can remember numbers good though. The shoulder and arm workouts make typing tough.

Bob45
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,343
Fat 71.0 639 27 %
Carbohydrate 218.0 826 35 %
Protein 220.4 881 38 %

Bob45
02-01-2010, 09:05 AM
The end of this month I will be dropping the calories down until I lose a couple pounds a week. I am thinking it still will be in the 1600-1800 calorie range. That sucks!

freebirdmac
02-01-2010, 09:25 AM
The end of this month I will be dropping the calories down until I lose a couple pounds a week. I am thinking it still will be in the 1600-1800 calorie range. That sucks!

It does suck. Little ole hypo, menopausal me loses weight at 1600. Something ain't right.

Capt_lou
02-01-2010, 09:27 AM
1600-1800? Jesus that is very low...how much do you weigh now?

Bob45
02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
It does suck. Little ole hypo, menopausal me loses weight at 1600. Something ain't right.

It really is amazing the difference in what people can eat. It is way up and down for men and women. Then there is the average person who I obviously am not.

Bob45
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
1600-1800? Jesus that is very low...how much do you weigh now?

You aint kidding. That is always what it takes for me. Not sure how many months I should track exactly before changing? I am 228-235 now depending on the time of day. I go way up and down. I stayed this weight for at least a year. I was eating 3000+. Now at 2300 I am the same. It;s been since Christmas. When I was 190 I stayed the same at 2300. When I was 177 I stayed the same at 2300. My strength was pretty much the same at all weights so I am thinking I just don't have that much LBM. I also have a very slow metabolism.

Capt_lou
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
You aint kidding. That is always what it takes for me. Not sure how many months I should track exactly before changing? I am 228-235 now depending on the time of day. I go way up and down. I stayed this weight for at least a year. I was eating 3000+. Now at 2300 I am the same. It;s been since Christmas. When I was 190 I stayed the same at 2300. When I was 177 I stayed the same at 2300. My strength was pretty much the same at all weights so I am thinking I just don't have that much LBM. I also have a very slow metabolism.

How much cardio you doing? I find that I can eat low and my weight change is very slow. But once I start cardio my weight drops fast.

Bob45
02-01-2010, 09:43 AM
How much cardio you doing? I find that I can eat low and my weight change is very slow. But once I start cardio my weight drops fast.

A couple months ago I started 20 minutes a day. That's it. I wanted to to do it for the cardiovascular benefits and not fat loss. I know I will never stick with it long term. I could run my ass off and lose. Then I would lose muscle too. The very long slow cardio I don't think I could take. I know what I need to do. It just sucks what I really do need to do to lose. Starve and work my ass off! Just like Mike(Gman) is doing.

Mac
02-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Cardio is boring as hell, that's for sure. But it worked for me to get shredded without starving myself. I found that doing sprints mixed in with the walking was the best way to put my metabolism in high gear.

gman
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM
starving sucks, but it does work!

Bob45
02-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Cardio is boring as hell, that's for sure. But it worked for me to get shredded without starving myself. I found that doing sprints mixed in with the walking was the best way to put my metabolism in high gear.

You know what? I am going to do that first. Before I drop calories I am going to burn where it be like eating 1800 calories. So that means another 500 calories to burn a day. I am burning 200 in 20 minutes. Now I need another 50 minutes added. 70 minutes a day! Then I will be starving!

Bob45
02-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Not sure if starving is harder or burning it is harder with a lot of cardio. They both suck! It would be nice to have a nice fast metabolism so we could complain about not being able to gain, lol.

gman
02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I have never understood people who complain that they can eat whatever they want and can't gain weight. What a bunch of whiners

Bob45
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I have never understood people who complain that they can eat whatever they want and can't gain weight. What a bunch of whiners

Yeah, they piss me off! Lol.

Mac
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM

It does NOT work in the long term and it contradicts what you are trying to accomplish.

However, starving is a relative term, and I assume you mean fasting. That adversely affects your metabolism if it is done for long periods.

It can be affective for short term calorie adjustments and does not make your body think it's starving. Think what one day of practically not eating will do in terms of weekly calorie counts?

gman
02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
It does NOT work in the long term and it contradicts what you are trying to accomplish.

However, starving is a relative term, and I assume you mean fasting. That adversely affects your metabolism if it is done for long periods.

It can be affective for short term calorie adjustments and does not make your body think it's starving. Think what one day of practically not eating will do in terms of weekly calorie counts?

I did not mean fasting, I meant starving as in very hungry!

When you are eating 1100, fasting for one day is not even worth considering.

If you are eating 3500 to 4000 I agree!

Bob45
02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
When I say starving I mean I am really hungry. A lot of cardio should do it. It seems hard to accomplish anything unless it is really hard to do it.

Mac
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM

You are eating only 1100 calories a day?

gman
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM

yes...4 1/2 weeks out, 12-15 lbs to lose

tifflex
02-01-2010, 01:13 PM

Hi Bob!

Why not drop cals by 100-200 and increase cardio by 10? Increasing cardio to 70 mins a day is a HUGE change. Where would you go from there?

Why not make incremental change; therefore, you have room to play with cals/cardio later in the cut.

Good luck.

Bob45
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Bob!

Why not drop cals by 100-200 and increase cardio by 10? Increasing cardio to 70 mins a day is a HUGE change. Where would you go from there?

Why not make incremental change; therefore, you have room to play with cals/cardio later in the cut.

Good luck.

There sure is a lot of ways to look at it isn't there? I was making a huge change going from 3000+ calories with no workouts, no cardio. Then started training. Then started cardio. Then reduced to 2500-2800, then to where I am now at 2300 to 2500. 2300 being the average. I could do less calories or more cardio. It's a toss up. Eat less and have less energy. Eat like I am and burn it and still probably have less energy. Once my calories get low I have no strength to do workouts and cardio. The calories I am at now I feel the best. That's why I was thinking of cardio. Who knows? Maybe I'll do a combo. All I know is I the fat is not budging a bit.

Bob45
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
In the 80's there wasn't all the online info. You busted ass in the gym. Ate a lot of protein and good foods. Red meats and whole eggs too. When you didn't get stronger you ate more. When you needed to lose you ran or cut a lot of food out or stuck more to the fish and chicken. I am trying to use all the new ways and calculations. It is interesting but I think we all make it too complicated now.

gman
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
It's like allen said on my thread...the early 80's Olympia champ ate 1200 a day when cutting for the Olympia. You gonna call him a moron for not eating enough?

Bob45
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
It's like allen said on my thread...the early 80's Olympia champ ate 1200 a day when cutting for the Olympia. You gonna call him a moron for not eating enough?

I had no idea how many calories I ate back then. Figuring it now it was super low when I did try to lose. I was never good at doing anything gradually.

gman
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
we do tend to overthink things now.

Old school: when cutting, eat less, less rest between sets, more reps, no cardio. when bulking: eat more, rest more, and less reps.

It really is that simple.

Bob45
02-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I just went for a 50 minute walk in the woods behind my house. There are a lot of hills. There is ice and snow too. I was pretty winded. That was good cardio. Not boring and the dog loved it too. Now if I do 20 minutes on the bike while watching TV later I should be all set.

freebirdmac
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
And here I got this brand new elliptical and John has banned me from cardio :yep:

DBowden
02-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I did not mean fasting, I meant starving as in very hungry!

If you are eating 3500 to 4000 I agree!

1100 calories a day?
I am surprised that you can even get out of bed in the morning, much less workout.

Mac
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
1100 calories a day?
I am surprised that you can even get out of bed in the morning, much less workout.

I know he wants to lose weight but that is just too low. His body is wanting to hoard every calorie he puts into it.

gman
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
samir banout 1200 pre contest. Mr Olympia

gman
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
wanted to emphasize this is not a long term diet, just trying to do it for 21 days to get some fat off. I am about 15lbs from my goal and only have 4 1/2 weeks to get there.

15% bf in Columbus is not acceptable, and I am at that right now.

DBowden
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
wanted to emphasize this is not a long term diet, just trying to do it for 21 days to get some fat off. I am about 15lbs from my goal and only have 4 1/2 weeks to get there.

If you are at 15% with 41/2 weeks to go, its unlikely that you will be below 12% by then.

Not trying to discourage you, just thinking its going to be very difficult.
Good luck.

gman
02-01-2010, 09:17 PM
If you are at 15% with 41/2 weeks to go, its unlikely that you will be below 12% by then.

Good luck.

Oh I know. Just trying my best.

If I am 15% now, I just imagine what some people must be! I never knew 15% looked this good.

Good walking around shape, but at least 15-20 lbs from stage ready

Bob45
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Oh I know. Just trying my best.

If I am 15% now, I just imagine what some people must be! I never knew 15% looked this good.

Good walking around shape, but at least 15-20 lbs from stage ready

I'm not convinced in the accuracy of that test you did. There is always something in them that throws off their accuracy.

Capt_lou
02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi Bob!

Good luck.

I totally agree with this, make the diet work first then add the cardio. At some point your weight loss will stall and that is when we add the cardio to jump start the process again. But if your calories are already low and you are doing a ton of cardio where do you go from there?

Bob45
02-02-2010, 08:57 AM
I totally agree with this, make the diet work first then add the cardio. At some point your weight loss will stall and that is when we add the cardio to jump start the process again. But if your calories are already low and you are doing a ton of cardio where do you go from there?

It is definitely the most sensible thing. Diet doesn't work for me until I get down to 1800 or less. It has always been like that. How long does take to see if you are at the right amount of calories is the question? I started at 3000 and I'm down to 2300 with nothing happening. How long do I stay at 2100? I am only walking and doing a stationary bike for cardio. It's not like I will burn muscle doing that. Nothing intense. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to be fat this summer. Not training for a show. Just want to be aboe to take my shirt off and not have creases in my lower back.

Capt_lou
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
It is definitely the most sensible thing. Diet doesn't work for me until I get down to 1800 or less. It has always been like that. How long does take to see if you are at the right amount of calories is the question? I started at 3000 and I'm down to 2300 with nothing happening. How long do I stay at 2100? I am only walking and doing a stationary bike for cardio. It's not like I will burn muscle doing that. Nothing intense. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to be fat this summer. Not training for a show. Just want to be aboe to take my shirt off and not have creases in my lower back.

You should be seeing a difference just with diet week to week. How often are you doing a refeed? What is your diet like now? If you have not done so already, list out your meals and total calorie and macro breakdown.

freebirdmac
02-02-2010, 09:19 AM
:popcorn:

Bob45
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
You should be seeing a difference just with diet week to week. How often are you doing a refeed? What is your diet like now? If you have not done so already, list out your meals and total calorie and macro breakdown.

This was since December 28th. With 20 minutes cardio at least 5 days a week; I've tried Keto and can't function well with very low carbs. I started lifting in November. I was at 3000+ calories. Slowly cut back to where I am now. I am the same weight and same waist.

Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,285
Fat 79.8 717 32 %
Protein 214.9 863 38 %

Meal 1
1 serving old fashioned oats
2 eggs
3 whites
1/2 cup cottage cheese
water

meal 2
chicken breast 5 oz. or tuna or lunchmeat no mayo
tabsn mayo
2 slices whole wheat
sometimes milk with this one
sometimes a salad with the meat mixed in

meal3
protein shake or bar
sometimes banana if I feel I need carbs
or PB if I need fat depending how the macros look.
water

meal 4
5-7 oz. some type of lean meat or fish
cup or more veges
1/2 to cup of rice, pasta, potato, yam, bean mix... whatever
water

meal 5
another shake if protein was low
or salad with olive oil and parmesian cheese
water

I may have a fruit or 10 almonds, walnuts during the day depending how the macros have been.
water

Workouts are when I can get them in but about an hour after a meal. Cardio has been in the evening. I am just starting my hilly woods walk during the day whenever. I'll get pics today. It's great out there.

Bob45
02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
:popcorn:
Your not going to get in on it?

Capt_lou
02-02-2010, 09:48 AM
This was since December 28th. With 20 minutes cardio at least 5 days a week; I've tried Keto and can't function well with very low carbs. I started lifting in November. I was at 3000+ calories. Slowly cut back to where I am now. I am the same weight and same waist.

Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 2,285
Fat 79.8 717 32 %
Protein 214.9 863 38 %

Meal 1
1 serving old fashioned oats
2 eggs
3 whites
1/2 cup cottage cheese
water

meal 2
chicken breast 5 oz. or tuna or lunchmeat no mayo
tabsn mayo
2 slices whole wheat
sometimes milk with this one
sometimes a salad with the meat mixed in

meal3
protein shake or bar
sometimes banana if I feel I need carbs
or PB if I need fat depending how the macros look.
water

meal 4
5-7 oz. some type of lean meat or fish
cup or more veges
1/2 to cup of rice, pasta, potato, yam, bean mix... whatever
water

meal 5
another shake if protein was low
or salad with olive oil and parmesian cheese
water

I may have a fruit or 10 almonds, walnuts during the day depending how the macros have been.
water

Workouts are when I can get them in but about an hour after a meal. Cardio has been in the evening. I am just starting my hilly woods walk during the day whenever. I'll get pics today. It's great out there.

Not bad, but here is what I would do, lower your fat to about 20% and raise protein and carbs to 40%. Here is a link to my fitday and what I eat every day. keep in mind that on training days I am eating 9 meals and on non-training 7 meals. So my calories are split up accordingly.

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=tlou5831

Bob45
02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Not bad, but here is what I would do, lower your fat to about 20% and raise protein and carbs to 40%. Here is a link to my fitday and what I eat every day. keep in mind that on training days I am eating 9 meals and on non-training 7 meals. So my calories are split up accordingly.

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=tlou5831

I have done the 40p 40c 20f in the past with the same calories and had the same results. I also tried 60F 35P 5C suffered through weakness and had no change until I went down to 1600-1800 calories with every macro combination. At least I feel the best and have the most energy with my current macros.

Bob45
02-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I was going to keep things very simple this time around. I am not getting in a show. I let it get out of hand already. I am not trying to look how I did when I was 25. It would be nice but not something I want to work for at this time. Just want to get in decent shape for the summer. Maybe a journal wasn't a good idea. I am going to take a step back and just train, eat good, eat less. Get some cardio in walking and on a stationary bike. Most of all enjoy it in the process.

Bob45
02-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Did my outside cardio. Wore my heart monitor for the heck of it. Between the hills, snow, ice, boots it got my heart rate up pretty good. 50 minutes average HR 128.

Bench presses
135 x 10
157 x 10
179 x 10
205 x 10
225 x 10

incline press
135 x 10 x 3

elbow was okay. Looks like I can get back to incline BB's. They felt real heavy!

AnglicanBeachParty
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM

That's what I think, too.

1100 calories a day?

On my lowest-calorie day, training for a contest, I think I was at 1850 calories. I seriously could not even show up to work on 1100 calories.

I know he wants to lose weight but that is just too low. His body is wanting to hoard every calorie he puts into it.

That would be my fear also.

The only really good way to do this is to start earlier. Fast weight loss always costs you muscle, IMO.

Good luck.

It's going to be interesting, anyhow.

I love these diet discussions (and real-life experimentation), because I always learn something. Sometimes I am totally sure I'm right, when in actuality I am just parroting the conventional wisdom!

Not sure what to say about Samir on 1200 calories per day ... could he have just said that to mislead the competition? :hypno:

freebirdmac
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Good deal on the chest workout and cardio.

gman
02-02-2010, 09:17 PM
ABP, I started 15 weeks ago, it's just I had so much to lose.

I won't ever be that fat again.

So never will have to go low cal again to cut. I plan on being 185-190 max off season. my competition weight is probably going to need to be 170-175, so will only have to lose 15 or so, instead of 45

Part of me wants to not cut for Columbus hard, but emphasize 1-1.5lbs a week for a long time so I am stage ready easily for my first show in August. I am not sure though, I really do want to win in Columbus. I won't win unless I lose at least 15 more lbs.

freebirdmac
02-02-2010, 09:31 PM
ABP, I started 15 weeks ago, it's just I had so much to lose.

I won't ever be that fat again.

So never will have to go low cal again to cut. I plan on being 185-190 max off season. my competition weight is probably going to need to be 170-175, so will only have to lose 15 or so, instead of 45

Part of me wants to not cut for Columbus hard, but emphasize 1-1.5lbs a week for a long time so I am stage ready easily for my first show in August. I am not sure though, I really do want to win in Columbus. I won't win unless I lose at least 15 more lbs.

I think you're better off doing it now Mike. The Columbus contest is nowhere near the pressure you'll have for August. You have gobs of time to tweak and figure things out right now.

gman
02-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I know Pam, it's just that I have lost at just the right rate so far and I hate to kill myself and burn off muscle for something that's not even a real show. I do need to prove I can cut hard though.

Tough call.

Fun hijack, Bob. Thanks for letting us borrow your journal

kimm4
02-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Did my outside cardio. Wore my heart monitor for the heck of it. Between the hills, snow, ice, boots it got my heart rate up pretty good. 50 minutes average HR 128.

Bench presses
135 x 10
157 x 10
179 x 10
205 x 10
225 x 10

incline press
135 x 10 x 3

elbow was okay. Looks like I can get back to incline BB's. They felt real heavy!

Morning Bob,

Outdoor cardio nice, love the pics! :)

Bob45
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Morning Bob,

Outdoor cardio nice, love the pics! :)

Thanks for stopping in here Kimm!

I like the diet discussions too. By now we all know what is supposed to work and the way things are supposed to be done. The problem is that is doesn't work that way for everyone. Myself and Mike are in the same situation with our metabolism. They are very slow. You hear just burn the fat off with muscle. Your going to lose all your muscle. The women eat more. It is counterproductive to eat so little. You must be cheating if what I am telling you isn't working. All true to a point for the majority of people.

I've been watching Mike for a long time. Since he started basically on the other site. He has had several people help him with his nutrition. The only time he lost was when he got below 2000 calories. The same happens with me. It's very hard to stick to that when everyone tells you it is wrong. The people that actually did lose from low calorie are now also saying it is wrong. I would never do it again. It worked. Why not?

John Stone comes to mind. He took pictures everyday. Listed his training and cardio daily. He started at 230 lbs. His calories got to 1300 for a long period. He was lean at 168 pounds or so. When he was lean his metabolism did start to get better. Then he was slowly able to eat more and more. He looks pretty good now.

SR800 on the other site weighed in the 180's and was very out of shape. He also went very low calorie originally to lose. Now he can't even eat enough to gain. It does work for some people. I'm not going to list my nutrition and calories anymore. The negative comments will stop me from losing also.

What is long term anyway? I don't think a few months is long term to rid yourself of unwanted fat if that is what it takes. Once you are lean things seem to change.

Mac
02-03-2010, 08:03 PM
You mentioned that Mike lost when he got below 2000, but he stated he is at 1200. That's a big difference. I would rather diet longer at 1800 cals, then drop to 1200 and literally no carbs and starve.

gman
02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
You mentioned that Mike lost when he got below 2000, but he stated he is at 1200. That's a big difference. I would rather diet longer at 1800 cals, then drop to 1200 and literally no carbs and starve.

what if your show were 4 weeks away and you needed to lose 15-20 lbs? What then?

Mac
02-03-2010, 10:36 PM
what if your show were 4 weeks away and you needed to lose 15-20 lbs? What then?

I would rethink my methodology. I have been there, done that and I ended up dropping out.

But honestly, you have done a fantastic job. However, that does not mean you're ready to step on the stage, just yet.

This isn't a real bodybuilding competition as I understand it, but rather the most improved, correct? In that venue, don't overdo it and proudly show off what you have accomplished.

I am sure it's been a very trying learning experience. Use what you have learned and apply it to your 1st real show in August. You don't want to be dropping that much weight 4 weeks from the show.

gman
02-03-2010, 10:49 PM
definitely was a blow to find out I lost 20 lbs but only went from 20% to 15% bf in the process...means I have to be much smaller than originally expected to even be close to stage condition. I am thinking 165 now, not 175 like I thought before!

I want to do well in Columbus....no one really knows what this contest entails, or what we will do in it...pose? just stand up and get looked at? who knows?

in my heart, I know I need to keep trying hard for Columbus...I am not doing well trying to eat 1100 a day, probably only managed it 4 of the 7 days so far.

Mac
02-03-2010, 10:55 PM
definitely was a blow to find out I lost 20 lbs but only went from 20% to 15% bf in the process...

Which kind of validates my point. You're losing too much muscle from the low calorie/carbs and your stress levels on your body is too high.

I believe you could be ripped at 175 on stage, if you started dieting at 15% BF and not 20, 12 - 16 weeks out.

gman
02-03-2010, 10:59 PM
I was eating 2000+/- calories up until a week ago though, it as not that low cal like now. This was to try to get 10 off in 3 weeks.

I will look pretty shredded at 7-8% bf since I am 15 in my avatar and look ok in it. Not great, but ok.

Mac
02-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I would keep the calories up, pose pose pose, every day for an hour. That WILL burn a significant amount and keep those muscles full.

I thought you had been on keto and 1200 cals for longer than a week. You will certainly lose 10lbs in 3 weeks, but you will possibly fuck up your metabolism too.

Sorry to BOB for the hijack.

Bob45
02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I would keep the calories up, pose pose pose, every day for an hour. That WILL burn a significant amount and keep those muscles full.

I thought you had been on keto and 1200 cals for longer than a week. You will certainly lose 10lbs in 3 weeks, but you will possibly fuck up your metabolism too.

Sorry to BOB for the hijack.

I have my workouts in a read only journal somewhere. You can say whatever you want in here. It's all BB talk anyway. I do agree you can only go as low as it takes to lose a little at a time. The things that always gets me is we both have to get pretty low calorie to do it. You guys that have been lifting for years have a lot of muscle mass. Then there are the people that simply have a faster metabolism. You also don't let yourselves get as much fat on you.

Bob45
02-04-2010, 09:13 AM
squats
135 x 10 x 4

sldl's
115 x 10 x 3

Same as last week as planned. My knees are much better.
Shoveled for 40 minutes. I wore my monitor for the fun of it. 119bpm for 40 minutes. Then later did a 45 minute woods walk. Still eating the same. Haven't had junk food in weeks.

AnglicanBeachParty
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
squats
135 x 10 x 4

sldl's
115 x 10 x 3

Same as last week as planned. My knees are much better.
Shoveled for 40 minutes. I wore my monitor for the fun of it. 119bpm for 40 minutes. Then later did a 45 minute woods walk. Still eating the same. Haven't had junk food in weeks.

Two birds, one stone ... I like that!

Bob45
02-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Two birds, one stone ... I like that!

I guess cardio doesn't have to be boring. Just something you don't normally do to get the heart rate up steadily for a while is good I hope. I have a physical job. That doesn't account for much because I do it everyday. It needs to be additional.

Bob45
02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Feeling the effects of all the walking. It is making it a lot harder to not eat. It's a good thing. Maybe I'll see some fat disappear next.

gman
02-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Hunger means the metabolism is revving up, at least that's what the bro logic states.

freebirdmac
02-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Have you taken measurements besides your waist yet?

Bob45
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Have you taken measurements besides your waist yet?
Nope.

Outside cardio again. 50 minutes.

Deadlifts
135 x 5
179 x 5
205 x 3
247 x 3
295 x 3
344.5 x 3

tried some bentover BB rows
135 x 10 x 3

Bob45
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Sick all weekend. Hopefully I can get a workout in tonight.

Mac
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear that Bob. Everyone seems to be sick, of something.

Exercise is good for the immune system. Don't overdo it.

Bob45
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Bob. Everyone seems to be sick, of something.

Exercise is good for the immune system. Don't overdo it.

At least I'm not sick of working out yet. I have been pretty steady since November. Three days off will be fine. I'm going to wait until tomorrow.

Bob45
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Ended up doing a workout. Did shoulders tonight;

Seated OH Press
bar x 10
89 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
146 x 3

Cable Upright Rows
120 x 10, 10, 9

Front DB Raises
20's x 10
25's x 10
30's x 8

Bentover Laterals
35's x 9 x 3

gman
02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
good shoulder day...how you feeling today?

Bob45
02-09-2010, 10:15 AM
good shoulder day...how you feeling today?

Much better.....Thanks.

freebirdmac
02-09-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm so glad these are the types of viruses that can't be passed via the internet :)

Bob45
02-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm so glad these are the types of viruses that can't be passed via the internet :)

That's for sure. A few people did seem to be have the same sickness though.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow another one. Jeez you guys.. At least you felt good enough to work out.

Bob45
02-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow another one. Jeez you guys.. At least you felt good enough to work out.

I'm fine now. Thanks for stopping by. Just did another outside walk in the woods today. The good thing about it is there is no machine to turn off. You walk way into the woods and you have to get back! I always do at least 45 minutes.

blu2xtreme
02-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Just did another outside walk in the woods today. The good thing about it is there is no machine to turn off. You walk way into the woods and you have to get back! I always do at least 45 minutes.

That is always one of the things I love about hiking - once you get somewhere you still have the exercise of returning. Outside cardio especially somewhere scenic is the best.

gman
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
what's the best place out your way blu?

blu2xtreme
02-09-2010, 09:52 PM

Close by Red Rock, Valley of Fire , Mount Charleston
My fave is 2 1/2 hours away Zion National Park
I have a 2 day back country hike planned there this year

Bob45
02-10-2010, 09:55 AM
That is always one of the things I love about hiking - once you get somewhere you still have the exercise of returning. Outside cardio especially somewhere scenic is the best.

I've always loved the woods. Now there are a lot of ticks and Lyme disease out there. In the spring the walks will be over. I'm thinking if calorie cycling. A low cal week then back to what I have been doing and go back and forth with that. Maybe that will get some fat off the gut. Still no luck there.

Bob45
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Cramped on light squats again! I am going to have to do them more often. What a PIA.

Squats
135 x 10
140 x 10 x 2

cramped trying the next set

I may scrap this boring journal and just post in everyone else's.

gman
02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
just start being as off topic as we are, it will be fun.

blu2xtreme
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Cramped on light squats again! I am going to have to do them more often. What a PIA.

Squats
135 x 10
140 x 10 x 2

cramped trying the next set

I may scrap this boring journal and just post in everyone else's.

Fun mixed with reality ...it works
A little mix of everything ..spices it up

Bob45
02-12-2010, 07:55 PM

Fun mixed with reality ...it works
A little mix of everything ..spices it up

Just getting discouraged with no fat loss. The extra cardio isn't doing it either. I don't want to starve to lose. I may have to. Not going to be fat again this summer.

Bench press
135 x 10
155 x 10
179 x 3
205 x 3
245 x 3
256 x 6

incline flyes strict with good stretch
25's x 15
35's x 10 x 2

Mac
02-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Are you basing fat loss on the scale or how you look in the mirror?

freebirdmac
02-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Some good articles:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/not-losing-fat-at-20-deficit-what-should-i-do-qa.html

http://www.stumptuous.com/honesty-is-the-best-policy

Bob45
02-13-2010, 08:41 AM
Are you basing fat loss on the scale or how you look in the mirror?

In the mirror actually. I look terrible in the gut area. I do step on the scale too. I let my fat get way to high for once in my life. I know I have maybe 160 - 170 LBM at most. So the scale needs to come way down.

Some good articles:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/not-losing-fat-at-20-deficit-what-should-i-do-qa.html

I'll check those out Pam. I will get there. I don't ever give up. Seeing small changes does help you keep going.

blu2xtreme
02-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Some good articles:

Just read the bodyrecomp article ...thanks for posting the link

Bob45
02-13-2010, 09:02 AM
I've actually been reading those kind of articles since 2003 when I got back at this.

freebirdmac
02-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Just read the bodyrecomp article ...thanks for posting the link

Just remember Paula, you're not supposed to be focused on leaning out right now.

blu2xtreme
02-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Just remember Paula, you're not supposed to be focused on leaning out right now.

I have a issue with that don't I :dunno:

freebirdmac
02-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I have a issue with that don't I :dunno:

Yep.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-13-2010, 01:42 PM

I'm thinking climbing the stairs to the rides on top of the Statosphere. Or maybe a hot lap of 'catch me' across the pond at the Bellagio.

Baldie

gman
02-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm thinking climbing the stairs to the rides on top of the Statosphere. Or maybe a hot lap of 'catch me' across the pond at the Bellagio.

Baldie

walking the strip and avoiding the hookers and con men is good too

Bob45
02-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I do finally have a bit of good news. That last chest workout seemed to have given my upper body a bit more muscle. It's helping my upper look a lot bigger than stomach area. That is the most I have been able to lift in my older age so far. When the increases come they seem to instantly make me feel bigger!

Mac
02-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Good deal Bob! I always like to hear good news.

gman
02-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Awesome Bob...if you can't shrink the middle, grow the chest! The middle will start coming off soon I have a feeling.

Bob45
02-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Good deal Bob! I always like to hear good news.

Me too!

Awesome Bob...if you can't shrink the middle, grow the chest! The middle will start coming off soon I have a feeling.

I'll throw some low cal days in here and there. That will help.

Bob45
02-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm enjoying my relaxed approach! Tracking all reps, sets, calories, macros is something good to do. It's just not for me these days. I got up to 363#'s in deads for a couple reps today. I hope to hit 400 soon. Deads are scary to take to the max. It is too easy to get hurt. I may be able to do 400 now. I'm not going to try it though. Still walking the dog in the woods all the time. Now he expects it.

I went to visit my son at college this weekend. There was a big frat party. The kids actually seem to like having me around. That is great!

Mac
03-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Well, what's up Bob?

Bob45
03-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Well, what's up Bob?

Hey Mac. Thanks for asking. Found out I am not into the journaling thing anymore. I do like reading what everyone else is doing. I am down to 224 from 235. I did lose an inch or so in the waist area. I did it low calorie too which sucks. I did some 20 rep bench press sets last night which has got me very sore today.

I was in Florida for a few days moving my aunt down there to be with her daughter. It was kind of a nightmare trip since she doesn't have a good thing to say about anything. I am going back to Florida to Panama City Beach with my boys for spring break which I am positive will be a blast. I am still a 21 year old inside and I will be acting like one.

I hope things are going good for you too.

Mac
03-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Glad to hear you're doing OK. I understand about the journaling, however. It's something that you may not have time to do with so many other things going on.

Enjoy Spring break in FL. We will be in Vegas for ours.

Bob45
03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Got 300#'s on the bench press! Haven't done that since I was 25.

gman
03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Damn Bob. that's awesome!

Mac
03-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Way to go Bob.