Phone Number: (708) 862-977

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Quads Gym

3727 N Broadway St
Chicago, IL 60613

(773) 404-7867

http://www.quadsgym.com
i have trained there a few times is the gym of my dreams but paying 70 bucks a month is insane, at least to me

Chi-town1984
01-10-2010, 03:25 PM
i have trained there a few times is the gym of my dreams but paying 70 bucks a month is insane, at least to me Ya, i was just looking at the rates, thats insane!! $80 for 2 weeks, shit......better give some good head with that. Looks like a good gym too.

baloni
01-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Frantz gym should probably be added to this list, and Rudy's. Neither are BB gyms per se, but they're hardcore as gyms get. I heard the Quad's south is a little more hardcore (less of the soft yuppy/gay crowd) but I've never had the chance to train at either. BTW Sweetjane you looked awesome at the Ironman. The little Mexican girl who won her division trains at my gym (XSport-Lombard)

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
01-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Ya, i was just looking at the rates, thats insane!! $80 for 2 weeks, shit......better give some good head with that. Looks like a good gym too.
you may get head from teh gheys bro, the neighbor is called boystown

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
01-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Frantz gym should probably be added to this list, and Rudy's. Neither are BB gyms per se, but they're hardcore as gyms get. I heard the Quad's south is a little more hardcore (less of the soft yuppy/gay crowd) but I've never had the chance to train at either. BTW Sweetjane you looked awesome at the Ironman. The little Mexican girl who won her division trains at my gym (XSport-Lombard)
where are those gyms at?

you been to b&w? that gym is hardcore, dusty and bad ass

bad bad leroy brown
01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
you may get head from teh gheys bro, the neighbor is called boystown

The whole area is pretty affluent....youre a stones throw away from wrigley field......not like it was going to be cheap.

The Big Sexy
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Is the CFC still around on Lincoln, Barry and Belmont? I always liked that gym... good shits there.

crashcrew56
01-16-2010, 06:04 PM
where are those gyms at?

you been to b&w? that gym is hardcore, dusty and bad ass

Frantz Gym is in Aurora, 10-15 minutes down the road from Jakked, 10 years ago Frantz Gym was what Westside Barbell is now. Powerlifters used to come from all over the midwest to train there, the gym isn't what it used to be, a lot of the talent has left, but the place is still a landmark. If it wasn't for Ernie Frantz powerlifting wouldn't be what it is today.

Rudys is in Joilet, and is ran by Rudy Rueteger(sp). Most of you might know who he is from the movie Rudy

Amado Carrillo Fuentes
01-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Frantz Gym is in Aurora, 10-15 minutes down the road from Jakked, 10 years ago Frantz Gym was what Westside Barbell is now. Powerlifters used to come from all over the midwest to train there, the gym isn't what it used to be, a lot of the talent has left, but the place is still a landmark. If it wasn't for Ernie Frantz powerlifting wouldn't be what it is today.

Rudys is in Joilet, and is ran by Rudy Rueteger(sp). Most of you might know who he is from the movie Rudy
my ex lives in joliet and virtually lived there myself on the weekends, i never saw that gym, aurora? well i never been there, i am a northsider myself (irving and cicero) so quads and b&w are the only hardcore gyms near me (still like a 5-10 mile drive and then deal with no parking lots)

Chi-town1984
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Rudys is in Joilet, and is ran by Rudy Rueteger(sp). Most of you might know who he is from the movie Rudy what??? for real?? Does he live out in joliet? How long has his gym been there?? Gotta go check it out sometime AND isnt jakked hardcore a little further from frantz? id say at least 25 min.....

crashcrew56
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
I am pretty sure that it's in Joliet, I'm not sure how long he has been there, I guess he trains a lot of the kids that play ball for Joliet Catholic, and a lot of cops that compete in the bench. I'm not sure how long he has been there, one of his brothers was my HS wrestling coach.

Jakked is definetly closer than 25 minutes, I used to drive past Frantz on my way to Jakked from COD. I remember when I drove past it for the first time I couldn't believe how close it was to my gym. If I remember correctly according to my GPS it was somewhere between 10-15 minutes away, but at the same time I don't think I had any cars infront of me and I was moving pretty good.

Chi-town1984
01-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I am pretty sure that it's in Joliet, I'm not sure how long he has been there, I guess he trains a lot of the kids that play ball for Joliet Catholic, and a lot of cops that compete in the bench. I'm not sure how long he has been there, one of his brothers was my HS wrestling coach.

Jakked is definetly closer than 25 minutes, I used to drive past Frantz on my way to Jakked from COD. I remember when I drove past it for the first time I couldn't believe how close it was to my gym. If I remember correctly according to my GPS it was somewhere between 10-15 minutes away, but at the same time I don't think I had any cars infront of me and I was moving pretty good.What high school you go to? Ya......jakked is weird getting too, your on rt.34 thinking its right off it, well it pretty much is but then you gotta make a left and have to drive through a neigborhood to get there, well, thats the directions i got from mapquest.

crashcrew56
01-23-2010, 07:35 PM
I went to Neuqua Valley

Jakked is kinda weird going to, the second time I went there I was driving there alone and following my GPS, it had me going through a neighborhood and I thought there was no way I was going the right way, but I ended up making it.

joe293
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Quads north (in the city) is known for a slightly limp wristed crowd. This probably has to do with the general area. I've never trained there but I've known Dave DeYoung (owner)for 25 years. He and Tommy Malonovich owned the first Quads which was in Thornton Illinois (on the quarry). The Thornton gym moved to Calumet City and has been there for a long time. It is a hardcore gym owned by some non lifter guy that I've met but don't really know. Great gym in a crappy area, they need to move it again. Yes the rates are crazy but I think they are still relying on the reputation Quads had. There was a giant sign back in the day that read "LAND OF THE GIANTS" that hung inside the gym over the mirrors. Quads is also known as the home of the great Ed Coan. Ed is in his mid 40's now and is arguably the greatest powerlifter that ever lived.

lilarnold
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
rudy's isnt in joliet its in chanahon (sp) that probably why you never seen it there. frantz is about 5-10 minutes from jakked.

rudy went to joliet catholis thats why people think the gym is in joliet. he has really weird hours though.

Rick Prince
09-18-2010, 01:24 PM
I trained legs at Quads (north) before leaving Chicago on Friday.
The size of Quads Gym is very deceptive. There is one room after another full of equipment (Nebula, Hammer Strength, Strive, Nautilus, Cybex, etc). It is hardcore and has everything a bodybuilder could want in a gym.

sweetjane57
09-20-2010, 01:28 AM
I trained legs at Quads (north) before leaving Chicago on Friday.
The size of Quads Gym is very deceptive. There is one room after another full of equipment (Nebula, Hammer Strength, Strive, Nautilus, Cybex, etc). It is hardcore and has everything a bodybuilder could want in a gym.

agree completely! I love that the owner is a WHITE SOX fan, in a neighborhood full of Cubs fans!

next time you are in Chi-Town, check out Lance's Gym.....

sassy69
01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Finally got to train at Quads - found the free parking, which is good, but I also found the bus that would get me there if needed. I've got a membership at the XSport chain but think I'm gonna hit this place for weekend leg devastation!

TheRage93
01-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Pro gym is where all the action is at! Animals thrive in that place.

sassy69
01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Pro gym is where all the action is at! Animals thrive in that place.

Where is that?

Gregzs
03-20-2016, 12:39 AM
MUTANT ON A MISSION: Quads Gym CHICAGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzLaG2Ot9dw

BigZero
03-21-2016, 08:18 AM
I gotta get over there, just that commute from the far-west burbs keeps me away.