01-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I love this gym. I'd move to Vegas just so I could work out there. lol

Sandpig
01-09-2010, 07:43 AM
I love this gym. I'd move to Vegas just so I could work out there. lol
Please come, and make sure you train at aprrox. 5am.;):p

Anthony
07-30-2010, 06:03 PM
In vegas on business... got a week pass. Nice gym. Equipment is just old enough and dirty enough to have a nice "hardcore" touch while still being a decent gym. One complain - no stinking chin up bar - how can that be missing in a ~25k sq ft gym?

BigJD69
07-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Trained there a few years ago, real nice gym!

creatineman2003
08-01-2010, 12:11 PM
i'll check this out when i go to the Olympia in September.

Sandpig
08-01-2010, 01:05 PM
i'll check this out when i go to the Olympia in September.

You won't be disappointed.
Although some of the equipment is getting old and needs to be replaced, it's got a ton of variety.
Like I think there are 13 pulldown stations.

baldyguy
08-02-2010, 11:08 AM
How much does it cost to join this gym? Any good deals going on right now?

You won't be disappointed.
Although some of the equipment is getting old and needs to be replaced, it's got a ton of variety.
Like I think there are 13 pulldown stations.

johnnylax
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
hey sandpig...do you know sherri stamper, a member there? big strong, nice girl....

Sandpig
08-03-2010, 06:54 AM
How much does it cost to join this gym? Any good deals going on right now?
I've been a member for years, so I've been paying $19/month forever.
Not sure what it is now, but I can find out.

hey sandpig...do you know sherri stamper, a member there? big strong, nice girl....

Probably not.
I know a lot of gym people just by face, but I train at 4:30 am and there are no big, strong girls there at that time.

pfunk
08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
For Gold's Gym at Flamingo & Sandhill, there is a pull-up bar / dip station near the back of the gym. And a Smith Machine next to it with a thicker bar that you can use for pull-ups.

I wish they would replace their power rack, thing is barely holding up.

Sandpig
08-04-2010, 06:30 AM
For Gold's Gym at Flamingo & Sandhill, there is a pull-up bar / dip station near the back of the gym. And a Smith Machine next to it with a thicker bar that you can use for pull-ups.

I wish they would replace their power rack, thing is barely holding up.

I've been bitchin about that power rack for quite a while now.
Talked to Quincy Taylor about it at the USA's and he said they will probably never replace it.

And that old Universal Smith is the only one in the gym that I will use for anything.

pfunk
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I've been bitchin about that power rack for quite a while now.
Talked to Quincy Taylor about it at the USA's and he said they will probably never replace it.

And that old Universal Smith is the only one in the gym that I will use for anything.

We should start a collection to buy a new rack...and then chain it up so no one else can use it! Well, I wouldn't mind sharing...unlike the others who have stuff locked-up back there!

Sandpig
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
We should start a collection to buy a new rack...and then chain it up so no one else can use it! Well, I wouldn't mind sharing...unlike the others who have stuff locked-up back there!

Those guys that have the stuff locked up are paying extra on top of their memberships to have that stuff there.

pfunk
08-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Those guys that have the stuff locked up are paying extra on top of their memberships to have that stuff there.

I didn't know that. Back when the guys had the monolift and competition bench back there, I had access to all the chained-up stuff since I trained with them for a bit. But they had a disagreement with management and moved their stuff out and are workingout in a hot garage now. I see the guys who currently use the chained-up stuff, but I haven't really befriended them yet.

A new rack and a good stable bench that I can move in there for bench pressing would be golden!

brownbnyfuentes
12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
That is where I started - love it. Although now I train at LVAC. Great gym.

Rackyourweights
02-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Unfortunately this gym is now closed....very sad....I trained at Gold's Flamingo everytime I visited Vegas. It was really special to train in a gym that I'd seen the pros training at in videos and magazines. It will be missed.

Sandpig
02-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Unfortunately this gym is now closed....very sad....I trained at Gold's Flamingo everytime I visited Vegas. It was really special to train in a gym that I'd seen the pros training at in videos and magazines. It will be missed.
How do you think I feel? I used to train there almost everyday.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nAadrTv31vM/UKgwG-nTOgI/AAAAAAAAAi0/xwcrineBrbY/s1600/smiley_face_crying.jpg