01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
The Bodybuilders, Inc.

597 E Tallmadge Ave
Akron, OH 44310

(330) 253-7616

http://www.thebodybuildersgym.com

tim22
09-29-2010, 12:56 PM
lol they dont allow women ,, have worked out there for years!!!

The Big Sexy
09-29-2010, 01:11 PM
is it a gym of the gay?

bhman6
09-29-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm from Akron and lift at another pretty great gym in the area....Buckeye Gym

as much as I'm sure Bodybuilders, Inc. is a great gym, I'm not paying $300+ for a membership at a place where my fiance isn't welcome, especially since we pay a little over $400 for BOTH of us at Buckeye

Shoe
09-29-2010, 10:32 PM
This is a good gym but my wife is my training partner and she is not allowed.

joe d
10-02-2010, 06:57 PM
sounds dumb. theres a good hardcore gym around here that allows women. they have a lot of female bb'ers and pl'ers there. no prissy women though, they get scared off by the vulgar yelling and the smell of all the juicers.

Steve_Colescott
11-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Not many gyms last for over three decades. When Body Builders was founded, it was common practice to split gyms by gender (some had separate rooms for women; other had separate days/times for women). This place has survived long after every other hardcore gym of that time has disappeared. They have no locker facilities for women and, quite frankly, training without the distraction is a definite plus. Just imagine how much extra time the Big Sexy would have to train if he didn't spend 45 minutes coordinating his outfit and teasing his 'do before heading to the gym.

The Tank
01-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes sometimes women can be a distraction but I myself get motivated when I see a women who loves to stay in shape at the gym but I rather see a sexy women ass then men all the time, why do you think their is a lot of divorces out their men work out and not enough women are working out they work eat and get fat and then they ask do I look big, and that's when they should know its time to go to the gym.:drool::yep:

daft205
01-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Interesting... Not sure ifI love or hate the idea ofno women. Pluses and minuses I guess. Just about anything would beat the weak 24hr I train at, lol.

showyourscars
05-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Nice post Steve. It's easy for others to criticize Bodybuilders if they've never been there. No women, shitty hours, and the owner, Pep Wahl, isn't changing his ways after 34 years of being in business. Bodybuilder's has been the home of countless powerlifting and bodybuilding champions. Examples are 8 time world champion, Dave Jacoby, and bodybuilding legend Eddie Robinson. It's got the best atmoshphere of any gym I've ever trained at. I personally keep a membership at Bodybuilder's and Buckeye, another great gym in the Akron area. Buckeye has better hours, and occassionally I like to check our some eye candy, plus my girl can train with me. Anyway, my point is....don't knock Bodybuilder's until you've been there. AnimalPak rated it in the top ten most hardcore gyms in the nation for a reason.