PDA

View Full Version : What are tiers? (NGA Shows)

MusclesMarinara
01-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I was unsure about what the tiers are in NGA shows. The show im doing is a pro/am with tiers 1 2 and 3. Anyone care to explain this? Thanks:)

MusclesMarinara
01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Should have researched a little more... heres a breakdown if anyone is interested.

(from the NGA site)

Amateur TIER Systemhttp://www.nationalgym.com/nga/images/table_background_specials.gif http://www.nationalgym.com/nga/images/pixel_trans.gif
TIER 1 - General NGA Contests:
Novice competitors can not have placed 1st in a novice division or placed in the top 3 in the open division in any organization. If you are ineligible to compete in the novice class, via a placing in another organization, then you must place in the top 3 in the open division in a TIER 1 contest to advance to the State qualifier.
TIER 2 - State Qualifiers:
The top 3 placing in the open division will qualify for a TIER 4 or TIER 3 Show. To qualify for TIER 2, the athlete must place in the top 3 in a TIER 1 contest or 1st place in a Novice division in a TIER 1 or 2 contest. TIER 2 may also include other divisions such as Novice, Teens and Masters.
TIER 3 - Limited Pro Qualifiers:
The overall winner in the men's and women's division will qualify to receive an NGA Pro card. (The CAN/AM will award the top American and/or Canadian in the men's and women's open division). To qualify for TIER 3, the athlete must place in the top 3 in a State or TIER 2 level contest. TIER 3 may also include other divisions such as Novice, Teens and Masters. However, Pro cards will only be awarded in the Open division.
TIER 4 - Top Level Pro Qualifiers:
Each class winner in each division will qualify to receive an NGA Pro card. To qualify for TIER 4, the athlete must place in the top 3 in a State or TIER 2 or 3 level contest. TIER 4 may also include other divisions such as Novice, Teens and Masters. However, Pro cards will only be awarded in the Open division.
TIER 5 - NGA Professional Shows:
Eligible to all athletes who have won a placement in an NGA pro qualifier and any natural professional from another organization (proof required). Seven years drug-free required.
NOTE 1: Novice, masters, and teenagers may compete in any TIER show that has a novice, master or teenage division.
NOTE 2: NGA open classes in TIERS 2, 3 and 4 are 7 years drug-free. All other divisions are a minimum of 5 years drug-free. However, an athlete can request to be tested for 7 years.
NOTE 3: In an open divison there will be three weight classes for women and four weight classes for men. In TIERS 2, 3 and 4, if there is less than 5 athletes in a weight class, the weight class winner can only turn pro if they win the overall title.

NATURAL-1987
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
so if there is 5 or more athletes in a class you only have to win your class to earn pro card? Am I reading this right?

joelster
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
so if there is 5 or more athletes in a class you only have to win your class to earn pro card? Am I reading this right?

For a tier 4 show, NOT a tier 3 show.

NATURAL-1987
01-10-2010, 08:48 PM
For a tier 4 show, NOT a tier 3 show.
Thanks man.

raylove
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
so to eventually get your pro card do you have to work your way up and keep qualifying for the next tier or can i jump in tier 3 and if i win the class and overall get a pro card?

also when drug testing do they test pro prohormones within last 7 years? like 2 years ago or more i did like 4 weeks of a pro hormone havent done anything since though