PDA

View Full Version : Bre's Offseason: Learning to make it a lifestyle!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

figurebre
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to the scene but a familiar face :)
I am training with Jeremy Minihan out of Oklahoma City. We have been training since January 09 together and have already accomplished a lot in a minimal amount of time.

I began my contest prep 16 weeks out from the Oklahoman May 30th. Then 19 weeks from Jr. nats June 19-20.
currently I am 12 weeks from my first show of the season. SO in the First month of contest prep I have:
1.) gained 4lbs of lean muscle mass on my back, chest and shoulders
2.) lost 10lbs (started at 150lbs now at 140lbs)

My competition weight will be 117-120lbs. an interesting fact, I wont train legs EVER this season. I am sad about that because I love to train legs, but lets be honest, they totally over power my upper body.

So, tag along for the ride. I am a little nervous for Jr nats, I have never done a show that big before but I have a GREAT feeling that this is MY year. Look out for me in '09!!!!!!!!

robert da strongman
03-05-2009, 03:43 PM
welcome

Stavman
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey Bre, I wish you the best of luck.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-05-2009, 03:47 PM
In for the ride.

SallyAnne
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Hello. Bre! Welcome aboard. ;)

Sledge
03-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey Bre Good to see you here

Suzanne
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
So Jr Nats is a go for sure?

Glad you are over here :D

When i first started with Jeremy end of 2006 and i was figure we trained legs but to bring them down which we did then when we switch to BBing we brought them back up and then some.

Awesome progress in a month!

tight booty
03-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Welcome Bre! I am looking forward to following your journey...:)

txmuscle
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm glad to see you finally made it over here! Along for your ride

buckimscl
03-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Bre!!!! Glad to see you came over to the dark side!! :)

Youngguns
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I remember you from the other board.

You're that strange figure competitor right?

BEAST MODE
03-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Welcome to RX Bre! I'm here for the journey too!

Tiki
03-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I look forward to watching your transformation!

figurebre
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone! this week has been tough, hopefully it will go quickly. I have a hard time falling asleep at night and then I sleep in late...ugh. I have been sweating so ridiculously lately- is disgusting, but I guess that means my body is working. I am starting to hit that point where I get exhuasted and my body hurts. Boo...!
I am getting a massage today to relieve some stress and keep the cortisol levels low.
Okay seriously, sweating right now as we speak!!!!! damn coffee

BEAST MODE
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Woohoo for massages! Had one 2 weekends ago and it was amazing. Planning on having another one before the month is over. Go towel off sweaty!

Suzanne
03-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Love massages! especially during prep!

So great our body is working so well. Can't wait to see how much you changed since i saw you :)

Try Somalyze for sleeping.

figurebre
03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
GRRRRRRRRR menstrual cycle today. lol..no wonder I didn't drop any weight this weekend. OH well, just gotta push through the cravings and cramps bleh

Suzanne
03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
GRRRRRRRRR menstrual cycle today. lol..no wonder I didn't drop any weight this weekend. OH well, just gotta push through the cravings and cramps bleh

grrrrrrr! I am due so my wt creeping UP :mad: :mad: :mad: and WOs are sucky

beezy13
03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Good luck bre, we'll be following closely.

Valkyrie
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Hello Bre! :)

Kelly Baker
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi Bre!

Youngguns
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Remember to go by the mirror not the scale.

Suzy Brown
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
An odd thing, I started taking B6 & iron last month and this month I had ZERO pms or cramping or ANYTHING. One day I was like "o Flo's here." no symptoms at all.

Do you take any supps??

figurebre
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Weight dropped 2lbs so I am at 138lbs this week.
-12lbs...18 more to lose!

Hi girls :) I do take b vitamins, C, E, multi...all of them. I am feeling good now! Well..sort of getting sick..but I am hoping its allergies. My workout was really really hard today!! I think they are getting harder...I am def lifting heavier...

So, I just got the MEANEST comment I think I have ever received. Some stranger on myspace sent me a message saying, ' why would you want to be all muscular? Guys think thats disgusting, why would they want to date someone that could beat them up- ewwww'

Really? lol..well if I look THAT muscular, then I am pretty damn flattered. These biceps must be really intimidating Ha ha ha...what a tool

figurebre
03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09038-1.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09020.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09059-1.jpg

buster12
03-12-2009, 12:38 AM
good luck babay! Just for curiosity, is there still no Mr Figurbre??? lol(im a schmoe)

BEAST MODE
03-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Weight dropped 2lbs so I am at 138lbs this week.
-12lbs...18 more to lose!

Hi girls :) I do take b vitamins, C, E, multi...all of them. I am feeling good now! Well..sort of getting sick..but I am hoping its allergies. My workout was really really hard today!! I think they are getting harder...I am def lifting heavier...

So, I just got the MEANEST comment I think I have ever received. Some stranger on myspace sent me a message saying, ' why would you want to be all muscular? Guys think thats disgusting, why would they want to date someone that could beat them up- ewwww'

Really? lol..well if I look THAT muscular, then I am pretty damn flattered. These biceps must be really intimidating Ha ha ha...what a tool

What an idiot. I guess he prefers the overweight women. I like the muscular ladies myself. You're fine Bre. :D

**blondie**
03-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Hey Bre!!

Suzanne
03-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Don't worry about the comment what an idiot!

Congrats on the drop!

I am not sure i will make 1 lb this week only at .5 right weighin and pics saturday now i hope it is pms cuz only 2nd week of prepand .5 a week ain't gonna cut it

Valkyrie
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Ignore that comment Bre! You are beautiful and muscle is sexy as hell. That man is insecure!

Kudos on your drop. :)

Kelly Baker
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Ignore the retard. He's just probably pissed because he still lives at home in his parent's basement with no hope of EVER dating someone who looks like you.

beezy13
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM

Seriously Bre, forget that tool. you look great and he's lucky you didn't beat him up. He's probably some fat lazy bastard. Keep striving for your goals

figurebre
03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/abs12wks.jpg
Abs abs abs! 12 weeks out and I have ABS. Sweet :)

figurebre
03-12-2009, 11:49 AM
good luck babay! Just for curiosity, is there still no Mr Figurbre??? lol(im a schmoe)
Ha! No Mr. Figure bre- but there is a *new* boy :) I tried to explain to him what I do (figure) and he said, 'so basically, you bench press a buick in a bikini?'......lol

What an idiot. I guess he prefers the overweight women. I like the muscular ladies myself. You're fine Bre. :D
He doesn't want to make me angry!

Hey Bre!!
Hey girlie!

Don't worry about the comment what an idiot!

Congrats on the drop!

I am not sure i will make 1 lb this week only at .5 right weighin and pics saturday now i hope it is pms cuz only 2nd week of prepand .5 a week ain't gonna cut it
Give it a while and I am sure it will drop dramatically.

Ignore that comment Bre! You are beautiful and muscle is sexy as hell. That man is insecure!

Kudos on your drop. :)
Thanks, I have to agree. I can't imagine any man wanting a girl with a cottage cheese ass...

Ignore the retard. He's just probably pissed because he still lives at home in his parent's basement with no hope of EVER dating someone who looks like you.
lol..I can picture it now. I live with my parents...
:o

Seriously Bre, forget that tool. you look great and he's lucky you didn't beat him up. He's probably some fat lazy bastard. Keep striving for your goals
I have so many goals this year. I am really excited to do the Oklahoman, I think people are going to flip their shit when they see me.

Suzanne
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Hey girlie!

Give it a while and I am sure it will drop dramatically.

uh not counting on it never happens :(

**blondie**
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/abs12wks.jpg
Abs abs abs! 12 weeks out and I have ABS. Sweet :)

Very Very Nice, great job!

Valkyrie
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Wooohoo! Good job on the abs! :D

beezy13
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Way to go with the abs. You're on the way Bre, can't wait to see the total package at the end. Good luck

GirlyMuscle
03-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Ignore the retard. He's just probably pissed because he still lives at home in his parent's basement with no hope of EVER dating someone who looks like you.I've known more than one of these in my life. They only affect you if you let them. Once you realize their opinion means nothing, you won't think about it again.

figurebre
03-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I slept with a cough drop in my mouth last night and now I cant taste anything. bleh.
at the beginning of the week I was craving everything! but I am over it now. stress level got a little out of control yesterday...now my back and neck are in knots and my face is breaking out! grr!

beezy13
03-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I slept with a cough drop in my mouth last night and now I cant taste anything. bleh.
at the beginning of the week I was craving everything! but I am over it now. stress level got a little out of control yesterday...now my back and neck are in knots and my face is breaking out! grr!

Sounds like someone needs a massage.

buckimscl
03-14-2009, 06:59 AM
Hey Bre, just checking in to see how things are going??

figurebre
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Sounds like someone needs a massage.
I get one every week! might need to bump it up to two a week ha ha I wish..

Hey Bre, just checking in to see how things are going??

Everything is going really really well! Thanks!

My glutes are so sore today. For some reason my lower body has been getting really tired and sore lately..weird. I have been going through icy hot as if it were lotion!
I am about 95% certain I will be getting a new job, the start of my grown up life! (sort of) however I am not looking forward to waking up at 5 am every day to do cardio.

Let's be honest, I went out drinking on Thursday night. I am not supposed to have alcohol, I knew that, but I did it anyway. I was feeling rebellious. Why? why did I drink it? I don't know? I wanted to have a good time and I have had so much going on lately It has been stressin' me out. ( I stress easy, I am being a little dramatic here). But work has been completely lame, my allergies annoy the shit out of me, and I feel like I am rushing around all day long in order to get everything done.
Like..this is what I do every day.
cardio, cook, eat, do the dishes,pack my gym bag, iron my work clothes, cook, eat,pack my lunches, make my workout drink, charge my ipod, drive, train, cardio, shower, get ready for work, eat, drive, dry cleaners, work, eat, work,eat, drive, cook, do the dishes, laundry, eat, bed. Plus a million other things like homework.

*Deep breath* SO the answer to "why did I drink alcohol?" Well, I cannot tell you, its explicit. LOL...not really. But kind of...:eek:

I am a little scared about Jr Nationals. It is going to be expensive...and there will be a million girls there who might possibly look a million times better than me. I'll be the new kid on the block. Plus, who is going with me? Am I going to have to compete alone? Who is driving me? You know? Before I always had my ex boyfriend there- and now...who do I have? Who will paint me? Who will shave my butt? lol...(everyone does that, right?)
I know my body will be right, I know that...I can feel it. I just really enjoy dieting for the competitions because I am lean and I like the way I feel about myself when I do it. I like the way I look and the reactions I get.
These are the things I think about at night that keep me awake!
okay, enough, gotta do more cardio:cool:

BEAST MODE
03-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Bre, just relax and take it one day at a time. You will be fine. Things will work out for you. Even if you have to shave your own butt. I have to shave mine. Of course, I'm sure mine would be more noticeable if I missed a spot! Don't worry so much bud! :)

Suzanne
03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Jr Nats is actually easier than a local show
Hotel provides shuttle to and from airport
you can have tan done by jan tana or protan

figurebre
03-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I am pretty certain I have a sinus infection. I have felt like doo doo all week long!
I made gansta money last night at work, it was fantastic.
Lost another pound last night, down to 137lbs.
I really wanted to relax today but I have my cousin's wedding shower to go to. Now I have to rush around and be surrounded by cookies and cakes and junk. ugh. I just hope there is iced tea, thats all I want!!!!!

musclegoddess65
03-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone! this week has been tough, hopefully it will go quickly. I have a hard time falling asleep at night and then I sleep in late...ugh. I have been sweating so ridiculously lately- is disgusting, but I guess that means my body is working. I am starting to hit that point where I get exhuasted and my body hurts. Boo...!
I am getting a massage today to relieve some stress and keep the cortisol levels low.
Okay seriously, sweating right now as we speak!!!!! damn coffee

I am having the same issues with the sweating Bre.... I wake up in a pool of sweat... sucks when you get up to go potty and come back to a cold bed...

musclegoddess65
03-15-2009, 10:02 PM
it will be nice to meet you at Jr Nationals... and if you need help with anything let me know.. I will be there doing some photo shoots.. trying to talk Blondie and GymDiva in to come up too...

tight booty
03-16-2009, 12:54 AM
I am pretty certain I have a sinus infection. I have felt like doo doo all week long!
I made gansta money last night at work, it was fantastic.
Lost another pound last night, down to 137lbs.
I really wanted to relax today but I have my cousin's wedding shower to go to. Now I have to rush around and be surrounded by cookies and cakes and junk. ugh. I just hope there is iced tea, thats all I want!!!!!
Sinus infections can be very painful and make a person so miserable. Go to the doctor Bre and get some antibiotics for it.

BEAST MODE
03-16-2009, 05:31 AM
Sinus infections can be very painful and make a person so miserable. Go to the doctor Bre and get some antibiotics for it.

x2...I had one about a month ago that lasted for 2 weeks. Get that shit taken care of quick. It's not worth being stubborn.

buckimscl
03-16-2009, 07:00 AM
I fought one for a month and finally went to the Doc. I don't know why I put it off as long as I did.

figurebre
03-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I am miserable today. I never get sick and never call into work, but today I am thinking I will. My head is about to burst and my throat is so sore.
I am downing fluids and Vitamin C, mucinex, airborne, claritin, maybe I am being a big fat baby-but this shit sucks!
I dropped 2lbs this weekend, down to 136lbs today. Total loss of 14lbs. Sweet :)
I am going to do some light cardio today and forego training. It is so awesome that my weight is dropping!
Yesterday I went to my cousin's wedding shower and my whole family was there. My grandma was talking to me about competing and she asked me general questions. THEN she asked, 'so when are you going to give this up? You will probably quit if you get a job out of state right?'
I said, 'Why would I quit? This isn't a career, it is a sport that I do for fun. there isn't any money in it, but I enjoy doing it'
She replied,'you enjoy starving yourself?' then laughed.
I bite my tongue a lot. I bite my tongue when people say,' oh, I COULD diet if I didn't have a kid. or I COULD do that cardio if I wasn't so busy.' I am sure a lot of you feel the same way.

BEAST MODE
03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Sounds like you need to see a doctor Bre. Don't let that shit stick around.

My grandma says the same things. Actually, my whole family and everyone I work w/ makes comments like that. I don't expect them to understand it 100%, but I'd think after somewhat explaining it to them multiple times, they'd start to get some of it.

Kelly Baker
03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I think you're right that you have a sinus infection. Might want to see a doc to get that out of your system a little quicker. They suck!

My grandparents are gone, but oh I can just HEAR the comments on 1. my Celiac disease and 2. my need to compete. Ugh! My great-Aunt was bad enough at Christmas!

figurebre
03-17-2009, 06:16 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09117.jpg

Finished stoning my suit yesterday, I think it looks pretty good...I am kind of sad it is already finished because I really enjoyed doing it!

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/11wksback.jpg
My back is coming along too. I think back is one of those things where you cant tell how much muscle you have put on unless you are lean...so I am certain it will look much better when I drop 15 more lbs.

Miss Muscle
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I am having the same issues with the sweating Bre.... I wake up in a pool of sweat... sucks when you get up to go potty and come back to a cold bed...

me too! no good at all .. even worse when the BF dose the same thing, hard to go back to sleep after changing the sheets at 2am:(

Miss Muscle
03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Bre you are looking GREAT! :) keep it up girl

buckimscl
03-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Very nice Bre. Keep up the good work.

Suzanne
03-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon

beezy13
03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I am miserable today. I never get sick and never call into work, but today I am thinking I will. My head is about to burst and my throat is so sore.
I am downing fluids and Vitamin C, mucinex, airborne, claritin, maybe I am being a big fat baby-but this shit sucks!
I bite my tongue a lot. I bite my tongue when people say,' oh, I COULD diet if I didn't have a kid. or I COULD do that cardio if I wasn't so busy.' I am sure a lot of you feel the same way.

Hope you feel better bre. Try to get some sleep and hopefully you don;t have a fever. Good luck on continuing your journey.

Suzanne
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
How you feeling?

figurebre
03-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Today I do feel much better, mentally & physically. Dieting for me can be an emotional roller coaster. Yesterday I got upset because I got yet another motorcycle wreck bill in the mail. Yes, I am working on this settlement thing with a lawyer, but still, I am paying all these medical debts my insurance didn't cover in the mean time. It's frustrating! Money is going to be so tight for the next couple of months...and doing Jr Nats will really put a dent in my wallet. Competing in general is so damn expensive.... But everyone has that one thing that they splurge on- mine happens to be competing. :)
I had to wake up early for a final job interview today...hopefully I get it. Who knows, I did my best and that's all I can do. It isn't the end of the world if I don't get it, I don't mind not having responsabilities!
I went to the doc yesterday and she asked if I was enemic (spelling?) I thought that was weird. I wonder why she asked.

BEAST MODE
03-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Glad you're feeling better Bre! What's up w/ the motorcycle wreck thing? Did you have a bike?

MsGuns
03-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to the scene but a familiar face :)
I am training with Jeremy Minihan out of Oklahoma City. We have been training since January 09 together and have already accomplished a lot in a minimal amount of time.

I began my contest prep 16 weeks out from the Oklahoman May 30th. Then 19 weeks from Jr. nats June 19-20.
currently I am 12 weeks from my first show of the season. SO in the First month of contest prep I have:
1.) gained 4lbs of lean muscle mass on my back, chest and shoulders
2.) lost 10lbs (started at 150lbs now at 140lbs)

My competition weight will be 117-120lbs. an interesting fact, I wont train legs EVER this season. I am sad about that because I love to train legs, but lets be honest, they totally over power my upper body.

So, tag along for the ride. I am a little nervous for Jr nats, I have never done a show that big before but I have a GREAT feeling that this is MY year. Look out for me in '09!!!!!!!!

yeah another jeremy gurl...sweet!!!

Valkyrie
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Positive thoughts on the job Bre. :)

figurebre
03-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Glad you're feeling better Bre! What's up w/ the motorcycle wreck thing? Did you have a bike?

long story...I flew off going 70mph, was riding on the back.

yeah another jeremy gurl...sweet!!!
yea! Is there a club or something? lol :) jk

Positive thoughts on the job Bre. :)
thanks amy!

I probably sound like the biggest cry baby but I can not get over this infection! I felt so seriously horrible last night at work, I couldnt even talk my throat hurt so bad. and I think I may have dislocated a rib, but maybe not. I dont know how you know that...? anyways I was going to make an effort to see a chiropractor today.

My weight did not drop yet this week..and its Friday. :( That sucks I always look forward to weighing in...

BEAST MODE
03-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Bre, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

Suzanne
03-20-2009, 11:39 AM
I probably sound like the biggest cry baby but I can not get over this infection! I felt so seriously horrible last night at work, I couldnt even talk my throat hurt so bad. and I think I may have dislocated a rib, but maybe not. I dont know how you know that...? anyways I was going to make an effort to see a chiropractor today.

My weight did not drop yet this week..and its Friday. :( That sucks I always look forward to weighing in...

I had the pain you are talking about i think
hurts like HELL if you cough, sneeze, lay on front or back?
I went to chiro ended up we think i pulled my intercostals or serratus took WEEKS to feel better. Had chiro do ART and ultrasound on it.
I just had to WO around it for back i could not do any rowing movements for a long time
I did not go to regualr Dr cuz they are all idiots!

Suzanne
03-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Flight are alot cheaper today
check your pm's

figurebre
03-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Cheat "refeed" meal was today! OH it was good. :) afterwards I felt miserable and said that food was overrated. Which it is..I still believe that...but give me a week I will change my mind again lol.

I had pasta, chocolate cake, cookie dough and dry cereal. Honestly...not very much of these things either. I filled up so quickly it was ridiculous. the bloating feeling is going away quickly though, so that is good!

Northman
03-23-2009, 03:28 AM

I can't imagine dieting like this.

BEAST MODE
03-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Bre that is a hell of a cheat meal. My question is w/ all the cake and cookie dough, why not throw some whole milk on that cereal? :)

Suzanne
03-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Cheat "refeed" meal was today! OH it was good. :) afterwards I felt miserable and said that food was overrated. Which it is..I still believe that...but give me a week I will change my mind again lol.

I had pasta, chocolate cake, cookie dough and dry cereal. Honestly...not very much of these things either. I filled up so quickly it was ridiculous. the bloating feeling is going away quickly though, so that is good!

I had my refeed and felt FANTASTIC! no bloating
i had few bowls of cereal w/skim milk
big stack of pancakes
jujyfruits
frosted animal cookies
pasta with marinara
I wanted girl scout cookies but he wanted me to keep the fat down and the gs cookies were like 7 g fat to 20 g carbs booooo!!!

How the sinus infection?

figurebre
03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I woke up at 3am and starting vomiting. Lol..I think it was because I had some skim milk yesterday..it was bad.
My body feels great today though, not bloated..been starving.
I keep getting beat up, my sinuses are not bothering me nearly as much, and my rib does not hurt anymore..but NOW I think I strained a tendon in the arch of my foot.
Today is one of those days when I asked myself, 'why do you do this?'
I still have 20lbs to drop...I can't imagine what I would look like 20lbs lighter. That is a ton of weight. I guess I am getting kind of down thinking about how much farther I have left to go. 10 weeks...20lbs...*sigh*

Northman
03-23-2009, 11:10 PM
1 day at a time Bre....

Suzanne
03-23-2009, 11:51 PM
I woke up at 3am and starting vomiting. Lol..I think it was because I had some skim milk yesterday..it was bad.
My body feels great today though, not bloated..been starving.
I keep getting beat up, my sinuses are not bothering me nearly as much, and my rib does not hurt anymore..but NOW I think I strained a tendon in the arch of my foot.
Today is one of those days when I asked myself, 'why do you do this?'
I still have 20lbs to drop...I can't imagine what I would look like 20lbs lighter. That is a ton of weight. I guess I am getting kind of down thinking about how much farther I have left to go. 10 weeks...20lbs...*sigh*

you have made so much progress! just one WO at a time You will do great

i feel ya on the injuries i have had bicep tendon issues, strained serratus, delt issues! ugh!!! crazy!
i am with ya i got 28lbs in 12 weeks :eek:

I booked my ticket to come in june 8-13 and i will see you in just over a week april 2-9

I have been STARVING today too!!! crazy starvign like 5 min after i eat and it is a high carb day for me

figurebre
03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I get so scared and I psych myself out. I have always been that way in sports...growing up playing soccer I would have anxiety attacks before or during games. It's weird. BUT I have a lot that I want to prove this show, and a ton of motivation. I have so much support from my friends and family, more so now than ever before.
I am not struggling with the diet or cardio...I guess I just get nervous. 20lbs...sheesh...

figurebre
03-24-2009, 01:47 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ab.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ab2.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ab3.jpg

figurebre
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09137.jpg

SallyAnne
03-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Nice legs!

figurebre
03-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks ms. Sally :)

Valkyrie
03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Love the leg pics. Hope you are feeling better. I just got over a really bad run-in with the flu...and I'm still feeling 'off'. Bleck!

Angela123
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
great progress bre. you are doing fantastic. you are going to be ready come june! ill be there cheering ya on.

beezy13
03-24-2009, 07:12 PM
great leg pic. Nice work Bre!

Suzanne
03-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Looking good! Lots of changes since i saw you in Feb!

figurebre
03-26-2009, 12:28 PM
The good thing is lately I have not worked very much at all...3 or 4 days a week. the bad thing is, that if I don't work, I don't make money. and lemme tell ya my ass is broke. Work has been so slow so I keep getting called off. It is nice getting all the extra rest however.
I really dont want to go to Jr nats alone, it is stressing me out.
1.) I can't afford it 2.) how bored would I be? so if anyone wants to share a room with me, I would reallllyyyy enjoy that. :) Otherwise I may not go. As some of you may remember a certain idiot from my past charged my credit card with a trip to vegas and never paid for it...yeah...still paying that trip off!!!!!!!!!! asshole lol

Suzanne
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
The good thing is lately I have not worked very much at all...3 or 4 days a week. the bad thing is, that if I don't work, I don't make money. and lemme tell ya my ass is broke. Work has been so slow so I keep getting called off. It is nice getting all the extra rest however.
I really dont want to go to Jr nats alone, it is stressing me out.
1.) I can't afford it 2.) how bored would I be? so if anyone wants to share a room with me, I would reallllyyyy enjoy that. :) Otherwise I may not go. As some of you may remember a certain idiot from my past charged my credit card with a trip to vegas and never paid for it...yeah...still paying that trip off!!!!!!!!!! asshole lol

ck your pm

MsGuns
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Dang I cant see the pics...
I cant wait til I get my refeed...smile
Hang in there Bre!

Yes, there is a club and Suzanne is the President...smile

figurebre
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Okay I did it. I booked my flight......*deep breath* I can't believe it. Junior Nationals. Really. Me. I know, that seems silly, but it is such a big show. I am scared to death. It is 3 weeks after the Oklahoman, hopefully I will come in even tighter for Juniors..

txmuscle
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Looking great bre just stick with it.

figurebre
03-29-2009, 01:30 PM
My weight is going to stay at 136 a while I suppose. I can't let that frustrate me and lose focus.
I did my body fat on Friday and it was extremely high, apparently the idiot who did my body fat before- had no clue what he was doing.
16% Body fat. SHEESH freakin porker, sausage, chub chub. that is really high. How can I even see my abs if my body fat is that high? I don't believe it. I won't.
I wish I could just avoid the scale all together. Because every morning I wake up my stomach is tighter and tigther. I am getting veins in my biceps and lower abdomen. and my legs are shrinking. I am a little worried about my legs however, they seem to be much softer than usual. I lost some food this week, but nothing dropped. I increase cardio monday, maybe then is when I will drop.

Suzanne
03-29-2009, 02:47 PM
My weight is going to stay at 136 a while I suppose. I can't let that frustrate me and lose focus.
I did my body fat on Friday and it was extremely high, apparently the idiot who did my body fat before- had no clue what he was doing.
16% Body fat. SHEESH freakin porker, sausage, chub chub. that is really high. How can I even see my abs if my body fat is that high? I don't believe it. I won't.
I wish I could just avoid the scale all together. Because every morning I wake up my stomach is tighter and tigther. I am getting veins in my biceps and lower abdomen. and my legs are shrinking. I am a little worried about my legs however, they seem to be much softer than usual. I lost some food this week, but nothing dropped. I increase cardio monday, maybe then is when I will drop.

you are gonna be fine!!!!
if Jeremy isn't worried then you shouldn't be :)
especially for figure weight and bodyfat doesn't matter it is all how you look and i know J he has an idea how he thinks you will present best and will get you there

figurebre
03-29-2009, 11:39 PM
A lady at the gym asked me how much I benched pressed today. Lol..that made my whole day :)
9 weeks till Oklahoma
12 weeks till Jr Nats
I feel like my prep was a little "loose" the last couple of weeks. I dont know if that is a mental thing because I havent dropped weight or if I really am not doing a perfect job.
Sometimes I switch out proteins if I am on the run..like a shake instead of fish. ..And like I ran out of brown rice so I subbed it for oats. I dont know how big of a no-no that is -if it is at all?
So this week I just gotta keep everything tight, get the strict structure back...try not to change or modify anything. My brains already quit functioning 100% lol...I forget a lot of shit these days :)

buckimscl
03-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Following along girl. Keep up the good work and I know you'll the Okies and the Junior Natties!!

beezy13
03-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Bre I think you'll be fine. If you're getting tighter and looking better everyday that all that matters. maybe the new person who took your BF was wrong? keep working hard

figurebre
03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
still sitting at a disappointing 136lbs this morning. Boo

txmuscle
03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
still sitting at a disappointing 136lbs this morning. Boo

Just stay after it bre, sometimes stressing can cause the body to not drop the weight.

figurebre
03-31-2009, 01:41 AM
I am not stressing...even though it totally sounds like it every time I post lol

txmuscle
03-31-2009, 10:23 AM
I am not stressing...even though it totally sounds like it every time I post lol
lol ok good!

figurebre
03-31-2009, 02:30 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/back10weeksout.jpg

My back is really progressing.
I have a full day off of cardio and training today...what a relief! my legs and glutes have been killin me and I have not had a single day off from cardio for the last 7 weeks. Seriously. 49 days of straight cardio... :)
So I am takin it easy today, lots of icy hot, warm neck wrap, maybe take a little nap later..

txmuscle
03-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Wow your back is looking great! I can see the improvements you have made.

Northman
03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
More cardio.

beezy13
03-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Back is looking great, obviously all that work is paying off. The improvements are really starting to show through.

Suzanne
03-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I have a full day off of cardio and training today...

oooooh i wonder if he will ever give me one of those!!!!!!!! my glutes have been killing me since the start

back is looking good

Valkyrie
03-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Your back is looking very nice! :)

figurebre
04-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Wow your back is looking great! I can see the improvements you have made.

Yea!

More cardio.
Lol...what does that mean? you think I should be doing more cardio ? :)

Back is looking great, obviously all that work is paying off. The improvements are really starting to show through.
I can't even imagine what it will look like when I drop 20lbs!

oooooh i wonder if he will ever give me one of those!!!!!!!! my glutes have been killing me since the start

back is looking good
Thanks! Seriously between the cardio and extras...It hurts to move. I have been very cranky lately. BUT today was sooo nice...I was very pleasant :)

Your back is looking very nice! :)
Thanksss!

Suzanne
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks! Seriously between the cardio and extras...It hurts to move.

I feel ya!! i have extras 6 days a week and cardio 7. I can't believe i have been in prep 4.5 weeks already!

I made the mistake of having a REALLY good leg day sunday so got to enjoy leg pain cardio mon tue and still today :eek:

I till be there tomorrow! yay!!! 3:30 torture with J!!!!!

figurebre
04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Yesterday I spent time re-evaluating why I do this and adjusted my focus. It is something I really needed to do since my weight has plateued for the last 3 weeks.
I looked at my diet so that I can follow it to a T. No excuses, no mistakes nothing.
Also, I have been staying out really late and I think that might not be such a good idea anymore. I am focused and Ready. Bring it on baby! ;)

buckimscl
04-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Hey Bre. Just wanted to check in to see how things are. Keep up the good work.

figurebre
04-05-2009, 02:34 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/8wks11wks.jpg

8 weeks out from the Oklahoman
11 Weeks from Jr. Nats

I did not weigh in because it is messing with my head. I think we are about to switch my diet up. I am continuing to get vascular this week... I have a vein that popped out of my shoulder! and they are starting to come out in my forehead (not a place I would like to see them) lol!

buckimscl
04-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Looks good Bre. I'm sure the switch in your diet will be good for you.

MsGuns
04-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Yesterday I spent time re-evaluating why I do this and adjusted my focus. It is something I really needed to do since my weight has plateued for the last 3 weeks.
I looked at my diet so that I can follow it to a T. No excuses, no mistakes nothing.
Also, I have been staying out really late and I think that might not be such a good idea anymore. I am focused and Ready. Bring it on baby! ;)
Like Suzanne said earlier...if J is not worried then dont worry...
I was stressing about my legs my last show and they didnt come in til the morning of...right on time...

Follow what J has you doing...dont let anyone else tell you different...
Unless its Suzanne or I...just joikin...lol

figurebre
04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I think we are going to start training them again. We talked about it.
Yea!

MsGuns
04-05-2009, 03:31 PM

WoW you go out during prep...WoW
I barely go out now and Im not prepping for a show...

Northman
04-05-2009, 03:45 PM
More cardio and you have awesome arms.

figurebre
04-05-2009, 07:18 PM
What does more cardio mean Northman, you keep saying that.

Of course I go out during prep! I dont drink obviously, but I still go out and have fun. I bring my food with me and eat it at the bar lol I get lots of questions...but its a great way to meet new people.
Plus, it makes me feel good to go out when dieting, I feel really confident and I think that it shows because I have been getting hit on a lot lately :D
However, I live 30 minutes away from civilization so the drive is getting on my nerves. I sleep in pretty late every day...because I work nights. but I think this past weekend will be my last weekend out for a while :)

Northman
04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
What does more cardio mean Northman, you keep saying that.

Of course I go out during prep! I dont drink obviously, but I still go out and have fun. I bring my food with me and eat it at the bar lol I get lots of questions...but its a great way to meet new people.
Plus, it makes me feel good to go out when dieting, I feel really confident and I think that it shows because I have been getting hit on a lot lately :D
However, I live 30 minutes away from civilization so the drive is getting on my nerves. I sleep in pretty late every day...because I work nights. but I think this past weekend will be my last weekend out for a while :)

All it means is more cardio? Um lol.

I mean I think you are in really good shape for 8 weeks out but you also could be in a little bit better shape as well.

Suzanne
04-06-2009, 12:09 AM
All it means is more cardio? Um lol.

I mean I think you are in really good shape for 8 weeks out but you also could be in a little bit better shape as well.

Believe me she is in good hands and does not need to be doing more cardio or any thing other than what Jeremy has her doing and if she does Jeremy will add it. :)

He will get her there but also cares about not messing up metabolism unlike alot of trainers out there.

figurebre
04-06-2009, 01:12 AM
I think I am doing a lot of cardio this far out.
My diet changes tomorrow, yippee

beezy13
04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Great progress pics. you are really bringing it in this far out. You have to be pleased with it and the time left to make a huge impact.

stephaniewicked
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey Bre, I stop in here to lurk every so often so I figured I'd say hi!

I think you look great and have such a positive attitude, even during times when things can get frustrating.

Best of luck to you! :) I look forward to seeing how much more badass you become in the following weeks!

figurebre
04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey, thanks Stephanie! I am glad you stopped by :)

My diet changed this week and I can definatly feel the drop in my energy. It took me everything to get out of bed this morning. My arch is sort of injured too so I am stretching it with a can right now :D
I am definately going to spend a lot of ALONE time these next two months!

Valkyrie
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Just caught your updated pics. Looking good Bre. :)

figurebre
04-10-2009, 01:32 AM
UGHHHHHHHHHH I feel like I have been dieting forever.
Oh thats right, I HAVE BEEN DIETING FOREVER! Since freakin Jan 1. I am so sick of it.
I realize it is a 'lifestyle' blah blah blah well I guess I am not feeling this lifestyle today! or the past two weeks for that matter.
I still have 7 weeks before I even step on a stage...and 10 weeks before I am finished with the season.
I try to keep my eye on the prize, I practice visualizing every moment on that stage...but I just cant keep motivating myself. I am exhausted and hungry and I really want sweets so badly. Cookies, cupcakes, reeses eggs, cake, rice krispy treats...peanut butter m&ms......VODKA :(
I have been chugging crystal light and just ate a sugar free popsicle, but these feelings wont subside.
Anyone have any more tricks? I ate a little extra protein to help with the cravings so I dont do something stupid like cheat. maybe I could make a salad and be okay.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr help

Razer
04-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Keep busy so you don't think about what you really want. It's only your body telling you you need carbs to fill the void. Stick with it figurebe, 7 weeks will blow by just don't give up!

Suzanne
04-10-2009, 09:03 AM
The Grind
The Grind is that time in your physique transformation where you just put your head down and grind it out.
It’s often the time between the initial fast “newbie” results and the final results. Changes are occurring in your body, but you may not see them from week to week.

Mentally, The Grind is also where some of that new program and new diet enthusiasm wears off and it all becomes routine, even boring. There’s nothing left to do or say really; you just work the plan, day to day to day.

But toward the end of The Grind, what’ll happen is that you’ll glance back at your “befores” and realize you’ve made some major changes. Other people will begin to notice. And that positive feedback will reignite the enthusiasm. And that will cause you to kick the training up a notch, leading to more results.

I think The Grind applies to life in general too, not just to losing fat and gaining muscle. There are simply times when we have to put aside all distractions (even the good ones), put our heads down, grit our teeth, and grind it out. At the end of The Grind lies an achievement, something great, or some reward or pay-off. But The Grind always comes first.

Thing is, most people won’t make this sacrifice; they won’t even begin The Grind, much less finish it. And that’s why most people don’t succeed. The Grind is often what separates the great from the average.

It’s as simple as that sometimes.

figurebre
04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the motivation guys.
I am still just not feelin' it.
I have a little bit of cardio left today then work later.
Its frustrating to think it takes this much work to maintain 136lbs for me. Really...so if I stopped everything I would be fat again. UGH it makes me sick to think about.

figurebre
04-10-2009, 03:17 PM
7 weeks out
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09236.jpg

Wendy
04-10-2009, 04:02 PM
You can do it Bre! Please go back and read the PM I sent you last week! I am now 13 weeks out......again......stick with it!!;)

txmuscle
04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Looking Good!

Suzanne
04-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Its frustrating to think it takes this much work to maintain 136lbs for me. Really...so if I stopped everything I would be fat again. UGH it makes me sick to think about.

NO THAT IS NOT THE CASE!

you are dieting at a rate to get ready for a show
My calories were WAY more off season and almost no cardio to maintain

BUT you CANNOT just stop! if you do you will get fat you have to ease back after a show

figurebre
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Positive Bre is back, sorry for the delay :D
I got a lot of compliments last night and it helped get my head back in the game.
MY body is BEAT up right now. I have had trouble with my ribs popping out of place and my neck and back are just demolished from the motorcycle wreck i had, I might consider seeing an orthopedic suregeon even. My arch in my foot is sprained too, so icing that bad boy now.
Weight has not dropped but I definately look smaller this week. My ass is tiny...well...tiny for me.....my abs are awesome for this far out. I wish my camera was a little better AND that I had a nice tan going on. lol I might start tanning again today.
Yea! I am back! 7 week biotches!

txmuscle
04-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I got a lot of compliments last night and it helped get my head back in the game.
MY body is BEAT up right now. I have had trouble with my ribs popping out of place and my neck and back are just demolished from the motorcycle wreck i had, I might consider seeing an orthopedic suregeon even. My arch in my foot is sprained too, so icing that bad boy now.
Weight has not dropped but I definately look smaller this week. My ass is tiny...well...tiny for me.....my abs are awesome for this far out. I wish my camera was a little better AND that I had a nice tan going on. lol I might start tanning again today.
Glad to see positive bre is back! just stay after it and good things will come your way!

Northman
04-12-2009, 12:30 AM

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/wolfvik83/miscbrah/Fatboy_reacts.gif

figurebre
04-12-2009, 12:49 AM
lol thats cute...but does it have sound? :)

Northman
04-12-2009, 02:55 AM
nadda

figurebre
04-13-2009, 01:29 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/7weeks.jpghttp://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/7wkstogo.jpghttp://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/shoulders7.jpg
I like posting pics :) Hope you all don't mind!
Today was a refeed and I went to my Nanny & Papa's for Easter. My belly is full and happy and I have my alarm set tomorrow to wake up early, blast out some cardio, sweat out some of this sugar and incinerate some fat! Holla!
I have a ton of energy right now...another late night I suppose! All this crack is keeping me up at night. I should get some of that somalyze stuff like Suze suggested.
All of my family complimented me on my drop, and couldnt believe how much smaller I had gotten. IN FACT my Dad didnt even recognize me at first from behind! HA! That is awesome.
I am freakin focused right now. It felt good to have that refeed. I think thats what I needed to boost my morale. Seriously, I feel it in my heart that I can be a great champion! Okay now I am gettin a little cheesy- its the energy talking!

Admiral Johnson
04-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Damn youve made some great progress! Cant believe I didnt see this till now.

figurebre
04-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Thank you Admiral!
Almost there! Hang out for a while, the biggest changes have yet to come :D

beezy13
04-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Damn, its getting close. Your progress looks to be coming along great. Keep it up, glad that positive Bre is back.

figurebre
04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I have off work today and I planned on cooking and prepping all of my meals...that will have to wait! My parents are showing the house today so everything has to be spotless and I am not allowed to cook. BS right? I am soo ready to move out of this place! But if I moved out I wouldn't be able to afford competing..so...its a win-lose situation. Luckily I have my meals prepped for today.

I graduate college in 3 weeks! and my birthday is in 2 weeks. Woo hoo! Unfortunately there are absolutely NO jobs out there right now. I picked a hell of a time to graduate! I am not too worried, I have a plan. :D

buffdaddy
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Looking good in the pics. Keep it up

buckimscl
04-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Good job Bre. I am still here and following along. The abs are starting to line up. Good job Midnight buddy. LMAO

Suzanne
04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
when your birthday? my daughter's 18th :eek: is the 23rd

figurebre
04-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks buff daddy & midnight lurker! lol

My bday is May 2nd and I graduate May 8. I think for my Birthday I am going to watch the Kendra Elias show in Tulsa..it will get me excited I think! AH its so close. I get jumpy

Kelly Baker
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
You're going to smoke that show! Your progress has been fantastic! Hang in there on the diet girl!

figurebre
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I just ran 7 MILES in one hour. MAN I am freaking beat! lol that was a lot of work, I am not built for that kind of thing! I probably lost 5lbs of water. And now I have a tummy ache :( gotta re-hydrate.

beezy13
04-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Good luck with graduation Bre. I'm sure you're glad to get that part of your life over and move on to the next thing.

figurebre
04-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Menstrual cycle....SUCK ASS, lol. My weight is up 3lbs because of it this week. And it has been a weird cycle...I think my leanness is interfereing and I may not have the next one. I told myself I would avoid the scale during this week, but I couldnt help myself. dangit.
my legs and glutes are tighter for sure this week. My legs are HELLA sore from my little mini marathon yesterday! :)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I just ran 7 MILES in one hour. MAN I am freaking beat! lol that was a lot of work, I am not built for that kind of thing! I probably lost 5lbs of water. And now I have a tummy ache :( gotta re-hydrate.

That sounds absolutely horrible :eek:

But you are looking great :) Keep up the good work!

Suzanne
04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Menstrual cycle....SUCK ASS

YES!!!

Do you think J is thinking about us suffering while he is relaxing in Italy? lol

I think i need to be back in OKC. The air here is dryer and i hardly sweat doing cardio yet in okc i was drenched! Doing same thing at same level and i think my heat is set a bit higher than Sherry had her's

figurebre
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
It is definately humid here. I sweat a ton. Its actually pretty disgusting how much I sweat. :)

figurebre
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
OH and I am sure Jeremy has a million better things to think about than us! lol I dont blame him...MILAN...get real...ha

Suzanne
04-16-2009, 01:22 PM
OH and I am sure Jeremy has a million better things to think about than us! lol I dont blame him...MILAN...get real...ha

He actually told me to still send update pics cuz he would have internet I thought that was pretty funny like he didn't have way more fun stuff do do while there then look at people's updates :)

figurebre
04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Yesterday was tough on me, I was soooo stressed out. But then I took a deep breath, phoned a few friends and realized that things get better and that I shouldn't stress over them.
My parents received 2 different offers on their model home (for those of you that dont know their company is filing bankruptcy) - Unfortunately the company will have to file bankruptcy regardless if that home sells. Times are so tough right now! The hardest part is seeing my parents lose their lifes savings. They made incredible money before and now the roles have reversed and I am having to take responsability for a lot of finances that I have never had to pay for before. Part of growing up I guess.
:( But it makes it really hard to compete!
I could really use a sponsorship, maybe I am not putting myself out there enough? Or perhaps I should just 'ask'.
I am reviewing pics today and I notice a HUGE difference in my legs and arms. even though the scale has not budged. 'it ain't nothin but a number!' :) right?

figurebre
04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09282.jpg

6 weeks to go!
9 til jr nats! (eek)

Suzanne
04-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Looking good!

So sorry about all the financial issues

beezy13
04-17-2009, 01:31 PM
I am reviewing pics today and I notice a HUGE difference in my legs and arms. even though the scale has not budged. 'it ain't nothin but a number!' :) right?

Thats so true. keep working and getting the results you have been. you look amazing, who cares what the scale says. Sorry to hear about the problems hope that turns around.

figurebre
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Here is my 'Why' List:

Confidence
Self- gratification
B/C not everyone can do it
I like the way I look
I like the way I feel
B/C I enjoy it
B/C It is impressive to others
B/C I have improved greatly
B/C I CAN WIN!
For the nay-sayers
For myself
For Redemption
B/C IT IS FUN!

buffdaddy
04-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Looking very beautiful and fit. Keep up the great work

buckimscl
04-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Looking good Bre. Sorry to hear about the other stuff. This economy is tearing up people's lives. Hopefully things may get back to "normal" someday.

figurebre
04-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Weekend was nice, got some relaxing in today. Gotta hit it hard tomorrow, the trainer is back in town.

I could really go for a big plate of waffles loaded with butter and maple syrup.
AND a big fat Ice cold beer...alongside some cheesy pizza with pineapples...and a bag of peanut butter m&ms.

I am still avoiding the scales. Its got me mentally insane. I think I shrunk a lot but we will see what Jeremy says since he hasnt seen me in a week. Hopefully it isnt "WTF happened while I was gone?!" lol..that would be........bad!

figurebre
04-21-2009, 04:15 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/progression09.jpg

My progression. The first pic was my offseason taken in January 2009. The last picture was taken today-6 weeks out from my first show of the season. Total drop of 14lbs..

stephaniewicked
04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Wow, you look fantastic in the off-season and phenomenal now! :bowdown:

figurebre
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Thank you! I never would have thought anyone would say I looked good in the off season. I think I looked fat and sloppy! lol..

Northman
04-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh white is your color.

figurebre
04-21-2009, 05:50 PM
White is good as in my shorts? or my pasty white flesh lol...!
Hotel Rooms are Booked...
Mailed off my NPC Card...
Purchased my Chicago Flight tickets...
Booked some photoshoots...
I have been tanning...
I just lost some food in the diet! I am about to get my shrink on!
EEK! It is show time baby! Everything is starting to feel REAL.

BEAST MODE
04-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Thank you! I never would have thought anyone would say I looked good in the off season. I think I looked fat and sloppy! lol..

You do no look 150 in that off season pic! You do look good Bre! And excellent job on the progress!

figurebre
04-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Down to a SIZE 2!!!

stephaniewicked
04-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Down to a SIZE 2!!!

HOLLA!! :D

Self perception is always different than how others perceive us, isn't it? I think we all feel that way at some point.

Northman
04-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Yea the white shorts are tight.

figurebre
04-23-2009, 01:45 AM
I don't want to lose.

beezy13
04-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Great progression Bre, really a testament to your hard work. You certainly did look good at the start but you're looking fantastic now. keep it up and good luck.

**blondie**
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey Stranger ... how are ya?????? Looking amazing!!!!!

figurebre
04-25-2009, 01:45 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/th_ContestPrep09364.jpg (http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/?action=view&current=ContestPrep09364.flv)

Time to practice posing! Hope I did this right. I still have a long ways to go. My lower ab is very slow to tighten up and always the last to go.
Holding about 10lbs water and 10lbs of fat if I had to guess.
137lbs this morning.
Cardio increases monday.
Time to buckle down and get as lean as possible.

Northman
04-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Cool vid, so you plan on loosing 10 pounds of fat in 5 weeks? You would be shredded.

buckimscl
04-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Nice vid Bre. The hard work, diet and training are paying off. Good job!

figurebre
04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Well my weight is weird. I weighed in at 139 last Monday, so a week ago. Then I weighed in today, but on a different scale than usual, and I weighed 130lbs! Isn't that crazy? We did drastically reduce my food this week and my cardio increases starting tomorrow.
My "weight" has plateued for the last 5 weeks however I am obviously still changing. I seriously think I dropped 9lbs in one week! Isnt that nuts how it comes off all at once? It was a lot of fluid in my lower back, all over back really- ankles, and ab.

figurebre
04-27-2009, 12:24 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/5_8weeks.jpg

GirlyMuscle
04-27-2009, 12:32 AM
You're looking awesome! And you sound so happy! Yea!!!

figurebre
04-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks Erin. I am so happy, I couldn't even begin to tell you! This contest prep has been a breeze because everything in my personal life has been solid. :) yea!

buckimscl
04-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Holy Cow!! Is my midnight lurking buddy on this late?????

figurebre
04-27-2009, 06:02 PM
And today the clouds roll in.
I had an anxiety attack training today...I am totally not joking either. I kept my cool in the gym but as soon as I went to the locker room I just lost it! I started balling my eyes out and I felt insecure and not confident in myself at all. I wondered why I even bother doing this and if I am even good enough to call myself an "athlete" or "figure competitor" then doing my cardio I kept panting and had to step off the dang stairmaster to get water and re-group.
What is my deal? I haven't had an anxiety attack since highschool soccer!
I don't even want it anymore -not right- now I hate it. I hate it all!
I BUST my ass every day and for what? to look in the mirror and think how much more I need to change? instead of congratulating myself for how far I have come. I hate feeling not good enough and that someone better is beating my best.
When will I be good enough for myself?
All of this was triggered by one little, measley comment that I was a little behind schedule. Thats it. I am glad I got called off work tonight because I seriously am depressed now.

beezy13
04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Looking great, I don't know what schedule you're on but you seem to be doing well. Don't get so down are yourself. You said you want to lose 10 more pounds and have five more weeks. You can do it, thats a long time. You can accomplish a lot in over a month. Good luck with the prep and keep working hard.

BEAST MODE
04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Hope your night is getting better Bre...I'll check in on you tomorrow bud. If you need silly face pics, let me know and I'll send you some!

figurebre
04-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I am going to go knock out some more cardio...and when I get back...I am going to have a sickening positive attitude. :D

figurebre
04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Alright, much better!
I know you all wanna see a few first place trophies, so I turned my 'tude around. :D
I went and did some intense cardio and made a new gym friend.
Then I finished up with 15- 40 yd sprints outside. The sprints were extra, I gotta step up my game. People are NOT training as hard as me I can gaurantee that.

I have NEVER looked this great before, especially this far out. I have a freak body that drops crazy amounts of weight when it wants to...and particularly the week of the contest I drop 10lbs.

So, I am going to continue to visualize my success...focus on the diet and training and stage presentation....And my best is all I can do. But let it be known...I have some really high standards bitches!

buckimscl
04-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Still following along Bre. You look great!

figurebre
04-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Here are photos from my last competition. I weighed the same at the competition as I do 5 weeks out now
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=01RS008U090002&po=2 (http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=01RS008U090002&po=2)
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=01RS008U090012&po=12 (http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=01RS008U090012&po=12)

and to show you how much I change within 5 weeks, this photo was 5 weeks out from the above photos.http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/RedRiver2008001.jpg

BEAST MODE
04-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Glad you turned it around Bre! Way to think positive!

figurebre
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
This season is extremely important to me. To those of you that are close to me, you understand the effort that I have put into training this year. The placings and the seasons preceding this one are in the past yet still remain in the back of my mind. I realize that my conditioning for some of my previous shows was not pristine and by no means winner material. But I have given my whole heart into training since Day 1, two years ago. Fighting my broken metabolism and dealing with a perviously uneducated trainer really set me back before. Now is my time to shine. I am confident in the effort in which I have put forth, the countless hours of training and every drop of sweat I have shed during cardio...I know that I am working harder...that I have been dieting longer...and that I push my human limits farther than anyone could possibly imagine. I have trained through sickness, through injury, through emotional devastation...and here I am. 5 weeks from the first show of the season. The same show which began my journey 2 years ago, where I placed 3rd. The highest placing I have ever received...3rd. 3rd place isn't even second place...and second place still sucks!
I am not preaching- I am not looking for encouragement-but I am making it known that this is my year to do some damage. I don't know who is going to show up, I don't know who I will be competing against. But it isn't about the competition, because I am my own worst critic, and If I am unsatisfied with my accomplishment - then that is when I have lost.
This sport is expensive, tiring, time-consuming...and yet it is my greatest addiction. I have been to the bottom, now it is time to rise to the top!

musclegoddess65
04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Alright, much better!
I know you all wanna see a few first place trophies, so I turned my 'tude around. :D
I went and did some intense cardio and made a new gym friend.
Then I finished up with 15- 40 yd sprints outside. The sprints were extra, I gotta step up my game. People are NOT training as hard as me I can gaurantee that.

I have NEVER looked this great before, especially this far out. I have a freak body that drops crazy amounts of weight when it wants to...and particularly the week of the contest I drop 10lbs.

So, I am going to continue to visualize my success...focus on the diet and training and stage presentation....And my best is all I can do. But let it be known...I have some really high standards bitches!

thats the attitude girl!!!! I gots lots o catching up to do here in your journal.... I am looking forward to meeting you at Jr Nationals...

figurebre
04-29-2009, 12:28 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/5wkstaper.jpghttp://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09428.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/ContestPrep09429.jpg

My theory on my genetics: I think I have some pretty sweet structure. My shoulders have gotten broader and my chest is thicker...my waist is fairly small, 26" right now but will wittle down to around 24".
Unfortunately....we can't have it all! Conditioning is where I tend to struggle the most.

buckimscl
04-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Very nice Bre. I see the lines in the abs coming in. Looks like everything is coming together.

Youngguns
04-29-2009, 12:49 AM
24inches isn't a waist... it's a keep!

figurebre
04-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks buckie!

whats a keep?

Youngguns
04-29-2009, 01:24 AM
It was a really bad joke...
buckie?

figurebre
04-29-2009, 06:05 AM
It's 5am and I still havent been to bed yet. I can't sleep. :(

buckimscl
04-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Get to bed Bre!! I know why I've been up all night but why have you?

figurebre
04-29-2009, 06:15 AM
I cant sleep. Hunger? Nerves? late cardio session?

BEAST MODE
04-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Sounds like you need some melatonin or something bud!

figurebre
04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Well I got 4 hours of sleep last night. Right now I am enjoying my morning coffee then off to do cardio. This is not how I wanted to start my day. :(

Suzanne
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
The highest placing I have ever received...3rd. 3rd place isn't even second place...and second place still sucks!

We all want to win but be careful in your thinking.

If coming in first is the only way you will view your prep as a success then more times than not you will be disappointed. You can't determine what the judges will like that day and you can't determine who will be standing on stage next you. I had a friend on stage with 54 other girls in her class at jr nats one year if coming in first is the only thing that doent's suck then 54 of them failed.

If you come in better look then your previous show. If you made improvements you wanted. If you gave it you all. Then you have won and the trophy if you get one is icing. With this mindset you can be a success regardless of the subjectiveness of this sport and enjoy it so much more.

Suzanne
04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Some more thought on winning for you...

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=219705#post219705

Suzanne
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Well I got 4 hours of sleep last night. Right now I am enjoying my morning coffee then off to do cardio. This is not how I wanted to start my day. :(

Did you get the somalyze yet?

musclegoddess65
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
We all want to win but be careful in your thinking.

If coming in first is the only way you will view your prep as a success then more times than not you will be disappointed. You can't determine what the judges will like that day and you can't determine who will be standing on stage next you. I had a friend on stage with 54 other girls in her class at jr nats one year if coming in first is the only thing that doent's suck then 54 of them failed.

If you come in better look then your previous show. If you made improvements you wanted. If you gave it you all. Then you have won and the trophy if you get one is icing. With this mindset you can be a success regardless of the subjectiveness of this sport and enjoy it so much more.

awesome thoughts Suzanne! Its not about the end goal sometimes but the journey we took to get there, the improvements we made along the way.... :beerbang:

my first competition I placed 5th, outta 5... but I felt like a winner that day.. why... well I was a 215 pound gal that was now 140 pounds and I had made a lot of changes... that and the wonderful words from a friends son as I came off stage "Kim you were the best one out there, your gonna get first place I just know it" - he was about 11 at the time and I will forever remember those words "Colin as long as I am first in your eyes, THAT is all that matters to me today"

**blondie**
04-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Hey Bre!! Just stopping in, you are looking so good :) Hope you have had a good week.
I had trouble sleeping one night this week too, I hate nights when I feel like I didn't sleep at all!
Oh & by the way the progress pics above of your kitchen, I have the exact same rooster plate in my kitchen as well. & grapes too...lol! We have the same taste :)

figurebre
04-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I am not expecting to win or even place at Junior Nats. But at the Oklahoma, I think I need to win. Oklahoma judges have seen me several times before and I know they will recognize how much I have progressed.woke up to some difficult shit this morning..lol...but I am doing pretty good. no stress.

buckimscl
05-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Bre, hope all is well. Take care and have a good weekend.

figurebre
05-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Bummer.
I have a Final tomorrow morning at the butt crack of dawn and tomorrow is my birthday.
No birthday party for me...not even any plans. I have off work so I might just to a little extra cardio or something.
No graduation party either...man this sucks! No one loves me :( Guess it doesnt matter I can't eat or drink anything anyway.
I am so exhausted, work is getting really hard. Waiting tables is hard work to begin with, and even harder when I don't have many carbs.
I really hope I pass this final I haven't studied one bit. Geez.

BEAST MODE
05-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Happy birthday Bre!:D

figurebre
05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Yea! thanks! happy birthday to me!

Angela123
05-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Happy Birthday Bre...I've been lurking and also viewing your progress thru FB...keep it up mama...you are going to do great. This is your best prep ever! I'll be seeing you there.

figurebre
05-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks Andrea!

4 weeks to go...wewh...gettin' close! No room for mistakes now. I am trying to keep all distractions at bay. I have no spare time, this really sucks. Graduation is Friday, I still have to find a new car GRRRRRRRRRRR trying not to stress, it just comes so naturally to me :D time for a.m. cardio, that coffee was delish!

figurebre
05-04-2009, 11:28 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/4wkout.jpg

GirlyMuscle
05-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Beautiful, Sweetie!!!! I love the definition in your arms on that side pose in your avatar!

beezy13
05-04-2009, 11:42 AM
happy belated b-day, lookin good Bre. Not much longer now, best of luck over these last few weeks.

stephaniewicked
05-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Happy belated birthday, sweets! Did you do anything special? 4 weeks?? YEAH!!! Bet you'll enjoy some very belated birthday cake after the shows are over - you've definitely earned it!

Wendy
05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
You look fantastic Bre!! Happy belated Birthday!

figurebre
05-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks everyone! Time to rest up. The nerves are kicking in...mostly nervous about finances and going to Chicago...ALONE.
the Oklahoma show I am not too worried about because I have friends and family coming along and it is local.
chicago..on the other hand...has me shakin' in my boots. I really dont have the money to compete now but I know that God will find a way for me to make it through if its meant to be. I am a strong believer in fate.

buckimscl
05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Happy belated Night time buddy! You'll be fine in Chi town. I'm sure MG will be there to help out!!

figurebre
05-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Tell me if I am being a spoiled brat but...
Shouldn't I get a graduation party? Especially since I didn't even get a BIRTHDAY party? I am kind of sad, I feel like no one cares about me. this all just further proves that I am not getting a lot of support in my accomplishments. My dad HATES that I compete. If I talk about it, he rolls his eyes and makes a snotty comment and asks why I waste my time doing it and if I plan on doing it forever. you know what dad? FUCK OFF. I told him that too, I know thats soooo disrespectful but seriously, back off. Am I doing that bad? I have a degree. I have a job. I think I am doing okay. I am not off smoking weed and drinking every night! I am in the gym, busting my ass. so fuck off.

Okay done venting :)

figurebre
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
and no..I didnt actually say, 'fuck off'...if you were wondering.

musclegoddess65
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Tell me if I am being a spoiled brat but...
Shouldn't I get a graduation party? Especially since I didn't even get a BIRTHDAY party? I am kind of sad, I feel like no one cares about me. this all just further proves that I am not getting a lot of support in my accomplishments. My dad HATES that I compete. If I talk about it, he rolls his eyes and makes a snotty comment and asks why I waste my time doing it and if I plan on doing it forever. you know what dad? FUCK OFF. I told him that too, I know thats soooo disrespectful but seriously, back off. Am I doing that bad? I have a degree. I have a job. I think I am doing okay. I am not off smoking weed and drinking every night! I am in the gym, busting my ass. so fuck off.

Okay done venting :)

you should get something chica.... I sorry!!!

My mother hates my bodybuilding... thinks its gross so I understand....

Hey do you need a pick up from the airport when you come in for JR Nationals??? if I can save ya a buck let me know when your arriving.... if I can I'd be happy too...

Suzanne
05-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey do you need a pick up from the airport when you come in for JR Nationals??? if I can save ya a buck let me know when your arriving.... if I can I'd be happy too...

She probably won't we should be picking up her and Jeremy :)

Sorry your family is so unsupportive

Admiral Johnson
05-06-2009, 10:12 PM
If it makes you happy it should make him happy

figurebre
05-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Kim- I might need a ride back to the airport come monday!!!!!

Suzanne- thats awesome, I ddint know u were picking us up. that helps a ton!

figurebre
05-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Talk about a busy week.
I had to find a car, buy a car, do all the loan bull crap and I get it tomorrow! yea.
All of my graduation stuff got lost in the mail so I had to drive all the way up to school today, wait in line forever and I graduate Friday. yea.
cardio 3x a day. Working a ton now because I will be taking off a lot come competition week.
my feet are blistered and calloused. they hurt. my shins are in so much pain. i sweat profusely. It is getting close. I hope I look good enough.

musclegoddess65
05-07-2009, 08:00 AM
let me know when you'd need to be back at the airport girl... hell I don't give a care I'll take a sick day if need be... I've got tons of them and I rarely use them :)

seriously let me know....

Chani
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Great Journal Bre, keep up the hard work and Good Luck!

figurebre
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
How is it possible that I weigh in at 142lbs this morning?

Suzanne
05-07-2009, 12:04 PM
How is it possible that I weigh in at 142lbs this morning?

it's in the air i am up 1.5 from yesterday
don't worry :)

figurebre
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh main the Brain damage has begun. Lol I can't find anything! The other day I went to the movies and by the time I got home ( a friend drove) I realized I didnt have my keys. So I couldnt leave their house until I found them! we searched the whole house and then called the movie theatre and turns out they fell out of my purse at the movies. geez. :)
I was going to take progress pics but I seem to have misplaced my camera......:D

stephaniewicked
05-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Congrats on the new car!! What did you get? Yeah, that stuff is a total PITA... not cool when you have so many other things going on in your life, but at least that's over with now.

Graduation tomorrow!!! Good luck!! :D

buckimscl
05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Congrats on the new wheels. Sorry for the non support by the people who should be supporting you. Those who don't do this or are not drawn to it will never understand the passion involved with it.

musclegoddess65
05-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh main the Brain damage has begun. Lol I can't find anything! The other day I went to the movies and by the time I got home ( a friend drove) I realized I didnt have my keys. So I couldnt leave their house until I found them! we searched the whole house and then called the movie theatre and turns out they fell out of my purse at the movies. geez. :)
I was going to take progress pics but I seem to have misplaced my camera......:D

OH my... brain damage this early... ok you best keep my number not only in your phone but written down somewhere too....

speaking of which.. I need to program y'all in mine..

figurebre
05-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Okay now my life is getting a little freakin ridiculous!
I graduated today then planned on picking up my new car. Well...I go to the dealership and the 'check engine light' comes on. Turns out there is some wire malfunctioning yada yada yada....So long story short, I didnt buy the car. I just wanted a day to rest! but NO I have to search high and low for a car all over again.
Finishing up 30 more minutes of cardio for the day. I really just want to soak my feet they hurt so bad.........
But I got a ton of money for graduation!!!!!!!! yea! And my family came and brought cards and gifts, flowers, and balloons. Just no CAKE!

figurebre
05-10-2009, 03:10 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/Random2025.jpg

All grown up! Graduation this past weekend.
3 weeks out from the Oklahoma.
6 Weeks out from Jr's

beezy13
05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
congrats on graduating bre, thats an awesome accomplishment! best of luck on your upcoming shows.

BEAST MODE
05-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Congratulations Bre! Isn't it a relief to finally graduate? Good work bud!

Northman
05-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Grats on all the weightloss and the graduation. Now it's time to pursue that masters degree?

figurebre
05-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Thank you. No masters degree in the works for me as of now. I want to take a little break....

If you all have not already, could you please vote for me?

http://competition.nxlabs.com/en/fitness/contestant/Figurebre/

I am not too far from winning!

Northman
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Thank you. No masters degree in the works for me as of now. I want to take a little break....

If you all have not already, could you please vote for me?

http://competition.nxlabs.com/en/fitness/contestant/Figurebre/

I am not too far from winning!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2quujbq.jpg

tammyp
05-12-2009, 08:07 AM
just catching up! congrads! looking great!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Congratulations on the graduation!

figurebre
05-13-2009, 01:30 AM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/figurebre/3weeksout.jpg

Okay...3 weeks away from the Oklahoma.
I am SO watery. I have ATLEAST 10lbs of water. Mostly in my lower ab and glutes. I think I will look good once we pull the water. I dont know...

buckimscl
05-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Looking good Bre. You'll be great I'm know it!!

figurebre
05-13-2009, 11:40 PM
I want to get some more critical, specific feedback. Hit me. I am tough

GirlyMuscle
05-14-2009, 12:18 AM
When is your show?

figurebre
05-14-2009, 02:13 AM
The first one is May 30. So...a little over 2 weeks now.