PDA

View Full Version : Mac's Training Asylum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Hammerfit
08-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Still plodding along without a gym. My workouts at home consist of high rep movements with dumbbells.

Try this at home - grab a dumbbell 1/3 of your bodyweight and see how many reps you can get doing a press. I am up to 50 reps at 50lbs. I used to do this years ago and remember getting 80 reps with this 50lb dumbbell. Got a ways to go to get back to that, but then again, that was 25 years ago. I am doing the same thing with one arm concentration curls where I got 18 reps with 50lbs.

Thats some serious pump work for sure!

Mac
08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Thats some serious pump work for sure!

You know my shoulders aren't even sore, but my intercostals and lower lats are killing me.

Mac
08-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Joined a gym about 10 miles away and it's down the interstate 3 exits so it's relatively quick to get there and back. Much much smaller than I am used too and they have a month to month. Got a BOGO for two months. Hopefully the other gym will open. Lots of great things to look at in the cross-fit area. There were at least 3 fitness girls ripped to shreds and your average gym girls. It was like 10 girls to every guy there. :D

I managed to get in a great workout despite all of that. Funny how I used dumbbells for my workout with the Smith being the only exception when that's what I been using the last month here at home.

8 sets Smith Press
4 sets front lateral DB raises
4 sets rear delt machine
2 sets rear dumbbell raise
3 sets laterals

mrky03
08-20-2013, 08:47 AM
I hear ya Mac! I have access to all the hi tec equipment yet I rarely do anything that I couldn't do at home in my garage!

Mac
08-21-2013, 07:24 AM
I hear ya Mac! I have access to all the hi tec equipment yet I rarely do anything that I couldn't do at home in my garage!

I think it's just the large mirrors that draw me to the gym. There are no mirrors at home because I will never look in them unless I am pumped up.

Hammerfit
08-22-2013, 09:08 AM
I think it's just the large mirrors that draw me to the gym. There are no mirrors at home because I will never look in them unless I am pumped up.

Some of my best training was in my basement with a boom box and a pot of coffee! It's all about what you make of it. You know what to do!

Mac
08-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Some of my best training was in my basement with a boom box and a pot of coffee! It's all about what you make of it. You know what to do!

That's very true Mike. I will make the best of it for sure.

masterschamp
08-22-2013, 11:14 AM

The year I won the West Palm and the Southern States, I trained exclusively at home.....I am seriously considering going back to that

mrky03
08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Everybody needs a basic home gym. I am going to set mine back up.

Mac
08-22-2013, 07:48 PM
The year I won the West Palm and the Southern States, I trained exclusively at home.....I am seriously considering going back to that

I would love to have a home gym, but with only 4 dumbbells, it just doesn't cut it.

I used to own a small gym back in the late 80s, it was called the Sweat Shop. We made all of our benches, power racks, cable crossovers, preacher bench, inverted sit-ups and lots more.

Closed it down when a member cut her finger off when a 25lb plate slid off a bar and smashed it against a 45lb on the floor. I was always telling the kids to pickup their plates which garnered me the nickname "Dad"

Hammerfit
08-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I would love to have a home gym, but with only 4 dumbbells, it just doesn't cut it.

I used to own a small gym back in the late 80s, it was called the Sweat Shop. We made all of our benches, power racks, cable crossovers, preacher bench, inverted sit-ups and lots more.

Closed it down when a member cut her finger off when a 25lb plate slid off a bar and smashed it against a 45lb on the floor. I was always telling the kids to pickup their plates which garnered me the nickname "Dad"

The Sweat Shop sounds cool!
I have about 1000lb of plates, oyi bar, dumbells from 20 to 100 and a smith machine in my garage but I rarely use the stuff anymore since I work in a gym full time I still do walking BB lunges in my backyard sometimes

Mac
08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
The Sweat Shop sounds cool!
I have about 1000lb of plates, oyi bar, dumbells from 20 to 100 and a smith machine in my garage but I rarely use the stuff anymore since I work in a gym full time I still do walking BB lunges in my backyard sometimes

My best friend and partner in the gym had full access to a metal fab and welding shop.

We sold all of our equipment quickly as we lost our lease when the landlord heard about the lost finger incident. Freaking small print got us.

Mac
08-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Chest and Legs - yes an unusual combination. It's been too long since I worked either with any appreciable weight since the gym closed, but back to business now. Well, slow business on the legs. They have a great squat machine that I have never seen with handles in the front and a cradle around the shoulders. No need for a spotter and you can load a ton of weight on it.

We'll see how well I can walk tomorrow. :D

AnglicanBeachParty
08-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Chest and Legs - yes an unusual combination. It's been too long since I worked either with any appreciable weight since the gym closed, but back to business now. Well, slow business on the legs. They have a great squat machine that I have never seen with handles in the front and a cradle around the shoulders. No need for a spotter and you can load a ton of weight on it.

We'll see how well I can walk tomorrow. :D

I believe I've seen one of those squat machines somewhere.

Happy lifting!

Mac
08-27-2013, 06:51 AM
I believe I've seen one of those squat machines somewhere.

Happy lifting!

Thanks Paul.

Happy walking today. My legs are trashed :( It's going to take 2 weeks to get them back in shape to where i can do my 10 sets of squats again.

HeavyDutyGuy
08-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Its a GOOD crippled lol. If it was that good, I would keep using it!

masterschamp
08-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks Paul.

Happy walking today. My legs are trashed :( It's going to take 2 weeks to get them back in shape to where i can do my 10 sets of squats again.

that's one of the most enjoyable feelings in the world!!! :)

Mac
08-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Its a GOOD crippled lol. If it was that good, I would keep using it!

Yes, it's a good kind of crippled. Hadn't done any squats in a month and hated the feeling in my legs, like they were withering away. Wait, they did wither, fuck me.

Mac
08-27-2013, 08:56 PM
that's one of the most enjoyable feelings in the world!!! :)

Yes, going to build some bigger legs this off-season.

I am going for volume with a weight I can just manage to get in the 25 reps per set. 6 sets of 25!!!!

PFEPerformance
08-28-2013, 09:27 AM

I am going for volume with a weight I can just manage to get in the 25 reps per set. 6 sets of 25!!!!

THAT is some badass leg day training on the menu!! LOVE-LOVE-LOVE !!! Puke bucket and wheelchair standing by!

Mac
08-29-2013, 06:06 AM

THAT is some badass leg day training on the menu!! LOVE-LOVE-LOVE !!! Puke bucket and wheelchair standing by!

Today is going to be that day! Wait I can't be in the gym on my birthday, can I?

Sure, it's just another day.

masterschamp
08-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Today is going to be that day! Wait I can't be in the gym on my birthday, can I?

Sure, it's just another day.

Birthdays don"t mean a thing......I stopped counting mine a long time ago!!! LOL!!!!!

Hammerfit
08-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Birthdays don"t mean a thing......I stopped counting mine a long time ago!!! LOL!!!!!

Happy Birthday Bro. Hope the gym saga ends today!

Mac
08-29-2013, 08:56 AM

That's how I feel. Unfortunately, being a computer programmer, my brain is always counting something.

Mac
08-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Happy Birthday Bro. Hope the gym saga ends today!

Thank you sir!

crawfBigG
08-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday Mac!

Mac
08-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Tonight was legs and shoulders. No pressing movements, all lateral raises, front, rear side, from many angles. Legs was 6 sets of 20 reps on squat machine. Damn near lost all my cookies from those 6 sets. I was going to do more leg press and extensions but I this is only my second workout back to doing legs, so…. next time.

Curt James
08-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Happy Birthday!!! Thank you for deleting a bajillion spam posts and keeping order in the land, Mac. I appreciate your help and your wise counsel.

PFEPerformance
08-30-2013, 09:32 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAC!!!!!

HUGE PFE HUG!!!:hugme:

Mac
08-30-2013, 04:21 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAC!!!!!

HUGE PFE HUG!!!:hugme:

Thanks. Here's one back at you ! :hugme:

HeavyDutyGuy
08-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Happy belated birthday!!

Mac
08-31-2013, 08:00 AM
Happy belated birthday!!

Thanks James. Good luck today!

Hammerfit
09-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Do you know whats up with the Blue Muscle Radio Show? First time today trying to access and I got a message "You dont have permission to access program" Tried 6 times

Hoss06
09-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Do you know whats up with the Blue Muscle Radio Show? First time today trying to access and I got a message "You dont have permission to access program" Tried 6 times

That's odd...worked fine for myself and others.

Oh, and sub'd to this journal.

Mac
09-04-2013, 12:32 PM

I will look into that Mike and see what can be done. I haven't tried the link myself or seen any others have an issue.

Mac
09-04-2013, 12:32 PM
That's odd...worked fine for myself and others.

Oh, and sub'd to this journal.

Welcome Hoss, although I don't journal my workouts like I used to.

Hoss06
09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Welcome Hoss, although I don't journal my workouts like I used to.

No worries. There's more to it then just training.

Mac
09-07-2013, 08:33 PM
I had a great workout, especially because I was the only one there.

16 sets of lats in 35 minutes, 30 seconds rest between sets with 20-25 reps sets. Holy shit was I pumped.

Going to try some occlusion training in my next chest workout. Bring on the lactic acid baby, as it causes greater muscle hypertrophy from the higher lactic acid production. John Meadows was talking about this on his latest Blue Collar Radio show. Check it out!

Hoss06
09-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Nice volume with short rest periods...get in and get out.

Mac
09-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Nice volume with short rest periods...get in and get out.

At my age, we do it best that way. :D

Hammerfit
09-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I will look into that Mike and see what can be done. I haven't tried the link myself or seen any others have an issue.

Tried couple days later and it worked

Mac
09-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Nursing a problem in my hip again. Something popped doing low pulley rows and I was using too much weight.

The new gym is boring and is lacking a lot of machines that I am used to.

There are two new gyms opening, one in the old location where I used to train and the owner of the previous is opening one about 3 miles from home. It looks to be a much smaller place and not as open but I know he has the equipment I want.

I tried some occlusion training during bicep workout last night. I used an ace bandage on my upper arms. Holy f--k what a pump. They were just tight enough to cause some blood flow restriction and about 10 minutes after I was done I took them off.

Hoss06
09-10-2013, 09:03 AM
How long did you have to nurse the hip last time u had an issue? Can I chiropractor adjust it?

HeavyDutyGuy
09-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Jeeeez careful! Lol, look who's talking!. You have a lighter bone structure. Powerlifting problematic. I see why you do high volume though.

Hammerfit
09-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Nursing a problem in my hip again. Something popped doing low pulley rows and I was using too much weight.

The new gym is boring and is lacking a lot of machines that I am used to.

There are two new gyms opening, one in the old location where I used to train and the owner of the previous is opening one about 3 miles from home. It looks to be a much smaller place and not as open but I know he has the equipment I want.

I tried some occlusion training during bicep workout last night. I used an ace bandage on my upper arms. Holy f--k what a pump. They were just tight enough to cause some blood flow restriction and about 10 minutes after I was done I took them off.

love the occlusion work

Mac
09-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Jeeeez careful! Lol, look who's talking!. You have a lighter bone structure. Powerlifting problematic. I see why you do high volume though.

LOL. Heavy weights are not a bad thing. I still managed 10 reps with full ROM

I have very small bones, wrist and ankles.

Mac
09-11-2013, 04:06 PM
love the occlusion work

They are still pumped today or maybe swollen and sore as fuck.

Mac
09-11-2013, 04:09 PM
How long did you have to nurse the hip last time u had an issue? Can I chiropractor adjust it?

Last time I had hip problems it was from muscle imbalances caused by running and using the treadmill on steep incline and I woke up one morning with the problem. Couldn't touch my knees or put shoes or socks on.

I knew when I did it this time as my hip socket actually popped and I felt the pain. I can dislocate both my hips out of socket. Been that way since I was a kid.

It's almost gone now so back to squats tomorrow.

AnglicanBeachParty
09-11-2013, 04:41 PM

I've been wanting to try this. Sounds interesting!

Mac
09-15-2013, 08:22 AM
I've been wanting to try this. Sounds interesting!

My biceps were sore for 3 days from that workout and they never get sore! Well can't say never anymore.

Mac
09-26-2013, 12:52 PM
My old gym is opening in a new location with 30% more space and a much nicer building. They refused to pay rent in the old location until the landlord fixed the mold problem and the landlord refuses to fix it citing 80k for a new roof must be paid by the tenant. I'd say fuck you too and leave. Oh well, in the long run it will be a positive thing. I wasn't comfortable in the new ' crossfit ' gym, even with all the girls running around in skimpy clothes, wait, wtf did i just say. Well it wasn't a bodybuilder's gym, if you know what I mean.

Another plus with the new location for my old gym is it's a block away from my grocery store so I can always make sure I am stocked with lot's of food after a great workout.

PFEPerformance
09-26-2013, 01:09 PM
My old gym is opening in a new location with 30% more space and a much nicer building. They refused to pay rent in the old location until the landlord fixed the mold problem and the landlord refuses to fix it citing 80k for a new roof must be paid by the tenant. I'd say fuck you too and leave. Oh well, in the long run it will be a positive thing. I wasn't comfortable in the new ' crossfit ' gym, even with all the girls running around in skimpy clothes, wait, wtf did i just say. Well it wasn't a bodybuilder's gym, if you know what I mean.

Another plus with the new location for my old gym is it's a block away from my grocery store so I can always make sure I am stocked with lot's of food after a great workout.

Lucky you! My already "hardcore gym" (no AC, garage doors, think OLD SCHOOL power lifter setting.... etc..etc...) is moving to an even MORE hardcore space - Dear God - someone play me some Rocky Music!! New bldg. is a run down old Brick Auto Parts place - no insulation, no AC, and no RESTROOM!!!!!! WTF!!?? They have promised improvements once in - but, I'm not holding my breath!

SIGH - dunno if I can go THAT hardcore - but I refuse to go to SNAP Fitness nor pay $150. a month to go to the local Y - so, sorta screwed..... UGH!

Mac
09-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Lucky you! My already "hardcore gym" (no AC, garage doors, think OLD SCHOOL power lifter setting.... etc..etc...) is moving to an even MORE hardcore space - Dear God - someone play me some Rocky Music!! New bldg. is a run down old Brick Auto Parts place - no insulation, no AC, and no RESTROOM!!!!!! WTF!!?? They have promised improvements once in - but, I'm not holding my breath!

SIGH - dunno if I can go THAT hardcore - but I refuse to go to SNAP Fitness nor pay $150. a month to go to the local Y - so, sorta screwed..... UGH!

I owned one of those kind of gyms until a member lost her finger in an after hours workout with her boyfriend with the lights off. She tripped on a e-z curl bar left on a bench with a 25lb plates and no collars. She fell to the floor and the 25lb landed on her hand which also happened to be on top of a 45lb plate left behind by some member on the floor. No more finger ! No more gym after that. Gawd blessed lawyers.

But wait, NO restroom! Isn't that kind of umm, fuk'd up?

I can see you training in the hard core gym, kicking the guys asses !

Mac
09-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Hit shoulders today, 20 sets of 5 different exercises circuit style. 30 second rests between sets. One minute between each round. I was f'n gassed when I was done.

Seated Press
DB Side Lateral Raise
Front DB Raise
Rear Delt Machine
Incline Smith Machine

Pyramid reps 25-15-10-20 each set was very close to failure, except the first
Awesome pump.

This interim gym that is setup before the grand opening this week has no mirrors. I failed to realize just how much the feedback from the mirrors effects how I feel about myself. It was like a drug that was missing from all the action.

masterschamp
09-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Hit shoulders today, 20 sets of 5 different exercises circuit style. 30 second rests between sets. One minute between each round. I was f'n gassed when I was done.

Seated Press
DB Side Lateral Raise
Front DB Raise
Rear Delt Machine
Incline Smith Machine

Pyramid reps 25-15-10-20 each set was very close to failure, except the first
Awesome pump.

This interim gym that is setup before the grand opening this week has no mirrors. I failed to realize just how much the feedback from the mirrors effects how I feel about myself. It was like a drug that was missing from all the action.

Steve.....that is VERY similar to one of the delt routines Johnny D and I used to do back in the day......awesome pump is probably an understatement!

PFEPerformance
09-30-2013, 12:33 PM
i owned one of those kind of gyms until a member lost her finger in an after hours workout with her boyfriend with the lights off. She tripped on a e-z curl bar left on a bench with a 25lb plates and no collars. She fell to the floor and the 25lb landed on her hand which also happened to be on top of a 45lb plate left behind by some member on the floor. No more finger ! No more gym after that. Gawd blessed lawyers.

sigh - wtf is wrong with our society that no one has to take freakin self responsibility!!! Makes me sick!!!!!!!

but wait, no restroom! Isn't that kind of umm, fuk'd up? - right??!! The boys don't care - they can just step out the back door...lol we'll see - not so sure how this is going to work out for me?!

i can see you training in the hard core gym, kicking the guys asses ! you better believe it!!! :-)

Mac
09-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Steve.....that is VERY similar to one of the delt routines Johnny D and I used to do back in the day......awesome pump is probably an understatement!

I can feel the effects today and can see the results. My shoulders are one body part that freakin' blows up when I workout and love the pump and feeling it brings.

Mac
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
you better believe it!!! :-)

Oh I believe it! I bet as your contest gets closer you'll not even be taking names as you do.

PFEPerformance
09-30-2013, 12:57 PM
oh i believe it! I bet as your contest gets closer you'll not even be taking names as you do.

nope - now it's just get the fuck outa my way! Lol

Mac
09-30-2013, 01:53 PM
nope - now it's just get the fuck outa my way! Lol

Lorrie, your back double-bicep is fucking insane. Wow, what an improvement.

PFEPerformance
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Lorrie, your back double-bicep is fucking insane. Wow, what an improvement.

Thank you Mac! Girl on a mission!

Hammerfit
10-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Thank you Mac! Girl on a mission!

I concur!

Mac
10-09-2013, 07:28 PM
I have been out of the game sick for the last 4 days. High fever, achey, chills, that entire gambit of a cold. Now I am sneezing, coughing and just f'n miserable. Benadryl helps but it puts me to sleep.

Not going to the gym and spread these germs for a couple more days. And just walking up the stairs got me out of breath.

Onward to recovery and getting back to the weights.

Hoss06
10-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a pretty severe cold...almost similar to the flu...get well soon.

Mac
10-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a pretty severe cold...almost similar to the flu...get well soon.

Thanks Hoss.

I haven't been sick like this in a very long time. And they say vitamin C doesn't work. I stopped taking megadoses of it about a month ago. Time to start again along with the Zinc and Mag.

Hammerfit
10-10-2013, 07:53 AM
get well Steve rest is best med for colds let your immune sys do its job

Mac
10-10-2013, 08:53 AM
get well Steve rest is best med for colds let your immune sys do its job

Thanks Mike. Yes, I did get a lot of rest and sleep. Feeling much better today, finally.

PFEPerformance
10-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Fighting the same battle! Although I didn't get the fever/chills thing....just mega tired, head congestion, and sound like a frog! LOL Glad your feeling better!!!

Mac
10-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Made it back to the gym without any hacking, coughing or sneezing going on.

Our new gym is opened up. Nobody there as no one knows it's there and open. Very nice setup. All the old equipment that I am used to, plus about 20 new machines. No mirrors yet. 2 -3 weeks for that.

Great shoulder workout. My body weight is the lowest its been all year, but so is my fat %.

AnglicanBeachParty
10-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Made it back to the gym without any hacking, coughing or sneezing going on.

Glad to hear it!

Mac
10-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi-volume arms. 20-25 rep sets 4 sets each exercise

Tricep pushdowns
DB concentration curls
One-arm curl machine
Lying triceps extensions
Seated Tricep/Dip machine

2 sets forearm curls

Abs crunches and leg lift

mrky03
10-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Get well Mac!

Mac
10-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Get well Mac!

Feeling 100% today Joel, many thanks.

Mac
10-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Today was leg day, 20-25 reps per set

single leg press 5 sets
singe leg extension 4 set
single leg curls 4 sets
Adductors 4 sets

Mac
10-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Still training hard and back at the new 'old' gym. It's great to see friends that I lost touch with for those couple months. The gym is much nicer than the old one with new equipment.

It's time to put some weight back on and hope to gain a pound or two of muscle.

masterschamp
10-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Nice to know you have a good place to train in now, Steve........changes can be a pain but it sounds like it was all for the better in the end

Mac
10-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice to know you have a good place to train in now, Steve........changes can be a pain but it sounds like it was all for the better in the end

Indeed it was. Change is tough for this ol' man but it was worth it.

mrky03
10-31-2013, 06:02 AM
Nice! Our gym is getting kinda run down! Sad..

Mac
11-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Nice! Our gym is getting kinda run down! Sad..

This is nice and clean, good ventilation system vs. the stale air the can accumulate in a gym!

And only $14 mo.

Hammerfit
11-02-2013, 11:52 AM
This is nice and clean, good ventilation system vs. the stale air the can accumulate in a gym!

And only $14 mo.

glad u landed in a good place:mosh:

Mac
11-03-2013, 07:54 AM
glad u landed in a good place:mosh:

Yes, it is a good place.

My only friends that I have here in Ohio are from the gym. I am either working, home or at the gym. I need to get out more and go visit some friends back in my home town.

PFEPerformance
11-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Just popping in between shows to see wassup with my Fav Mac!! Glad you have landed in a great new gym! I have landed in the gym current gym moved to - HARDCORE is an understatement! LOL And - yes - NO Bathrooms!! Guys aren't sweating too much seeing as how they can just pop out back and water the bushes........ Try cranking in peek week water load AND training on that bullshit! LOL Huge adjustment and will have to decide what I want to do - but, too deep in to prep to change anything now and create a Mind F..LOL!

Take Care and have a GREAT Week!!!

Mac
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Just popping in between shows to see wassup with my Fav Mac!! Glad you have landed in a great new gym! I have landed in the gym current gym moved to - HARDCORE is an understatement! LOL And - yes - NO Bathrooms!! Guys aren't sweating too much seeing as how they can just pop out back and water the bushes........ Try cranking in peek week water load AND training on that bullshit! LOL Huge adjustment and will have to decide what I want to do - but, too deep in to prep to change anything now and create a Mind F..LOL!

Take Care and have a GREAT Week!!!

Look at the RDB in your avi. Holy shit. You and Austin really brought your condition in.

Sounds like one truly hardcore gym you have!

I haven't been around here that much lately as work has been relentless. Congratulations again on your 2nd place in your recent show. You should have been in 1st.

thanks for checking in Lorrie! Have a great week yourself.

Hoss06
11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Austin is the man for training! He has made a ton of improvements all around for me.

Mac
11-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Austin is the man for training! He has made a ton of improvements all around for me.

That's because those of us in OHIO know how to get it done!

Mac
11-20-2013, 05:05 PM

My girl and I rode around in one of my dream cars. I had a Z28 30 years ago and always wanted to drive a new ZL1 SS.

We put on several hundred miles driving down the South East Coast of Florida and I managed to stay out of jail and the back of a police car while driving this.

Mac
11-20-2013, 05:30 PM
I was lucky to receive a couple of bottles of IML Halo Extreme from an esteemed member of the RX fold. We will see what it can do for me along with a return to some staple supps that I dropped several months ago when my gym closed down.

My strength is down considerably since I stopped using Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate and Creatine. Tonight is going to be Back and Arms.

Mac
11-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Shoulders

8 sets smith press
4 sets rope face pulls
4 sets rear delt machine
2 sets DB presses
3 sets machine press
4 sets Dip machine
4 sets DB lateral raises

Hoss06
11-24-2013, 09:13 PM
I miss my Camaro

97 Z28http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/ydynymy8.jpg

I should have never sold it. It was my baby :(

Mac
11-24-2013, 09:45 PM
I miss my Camaro

97 Z28http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/25/ydynymy8.jpg

I should have never sold it. It was my baby :(

I had an 85. Parked it on the street in front of my house. Around 7am I heard a loud crash and looked out to see another car where my Z was parked. It unfortunately was NOT totaled and they fixed it about 10 times trying to get it right, but never did.

Hoss06
11-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Thinking about getting a new one?

Mac
11-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Thinking about getting a new one?

No. I was happy to rent one for a few days and drive around southern FL. But at 38k plus a $2600 gas guzzler tax I will pass. I am saving up for a Lexus, maybe.

This was the exact model I had, the IROC version.

Hoss06
11-24-2013, 10:06 PM
The IROC was a nice model....what model Lexus you looking at?

Mac
11-25-2013, 06:06 AM
That's all I am doing is looking :D Too much money for the amount of miles that I drive.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/explore/

PFEPerformance
12-05-2013, 01:50 PM

My girl and I rode around in one of my dream cars. I had a Z28 30 years ago and always wanted to drive a new ZL1 SS.

We put on several hundred miles driving down the South East Coast of Florida and I managed to stay out of jail and the back of a police car while driving this.

LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT CAR!!!

Do believe I wouldn't have faired as well ( managed to stay out of jail and the back of a police car while driving this.[/QUOTE] ) LOL - A girls gotta see what that baby can do!!!!

Mac
12-06-2013, 10:25 AM
LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT CAR!!!

Do believe I wouldn't have faired as well ( managed to stay out of jail and the back of a police car while driving this. ) LOL - A girls gotta see what that baby can do!!!! [/QUOTE]

Everywhere we went people loved that car.

Next time I won't let someone dissuade me from driving a car like it was meant to be driven. But it did save me from landing in the hoosegow.

mrky03
12-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Nice ride Mac! My wife got a mustang last summer, I get to drive it occasionally.:)

Mac
12-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Nice ride Mac! My wife got a mustang last summer, I get to drive it occasionally.:)

That's great. One pulled up next to me in Miami and wanted to prove he had the bigger one and because of my passenger we only hit 60 in about 5 seconds before screaming ensued and then the 'stang pulled away quickly!

masterschamp
12-09-2013, 01:52 PM
that's great. One pulled up next to me in miami and wanted to prove he had the bigger one and because of my passenger we only hit 60 in about 5 seconds before screaming ensued and then the 'stang pulled away quickly!

lol......

Mac
12-24-2013, 08:22 AM
I haven't been to the gym in over a week because of a sciatica problem. It's been difficult to do anything but sit up straight or lay flat on my back. Starting to feel some relief today. Lifting a weight was the last thing I could do.

The only thing I can think of that set it off was shoveling 6" of heavy wet snow last Saturday and then my leg workout the following day.

FUCK this getting old shit.

HeavyDutyGuy
12-24-2013, 10:40 AM
I haven't been to the gym in over a week because of a sciatica problem. It's been difficult to do anything but sit up straight or lay flat on my back. Starting to feel some relief today. Lifting a weight was the last thing I could do.

The only thing I can think of that set it off was shoveling 6" of heavy wet snow last Saturday and then my leg workout the following day.

FUCK this getting old shit.

sciATTICA, sciATTICA! Sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better soon and my stupid joke makes you laugh a little.

Mac
12-24-2013, 11:22 AM
sciATTICA, sciATTICA! Sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better soon and my stupid joke makes you laugh a little.

It made me laugh. :D

Mac
12-29-2013, 09:38 AM
So after no workouts for way too long, i decided to pick the weights up at home as this sit-on-my-ass therapy for recovery isn't working.

Started out with the foam roller and worked all the muscles in my hips and buttocks. I am not convinced it is sciATTICA as the doctor suggested. Now it maybe tight, bound up muscles aggravating the fuck out the sciatic nerve, it's not the primary problem.

Like other injuries, I am going to start working this one out and hopes the physical therapy will do me good. Doing nothing is only prolonging it.

Seated DB curls, presses and triceps extensions is all I did. Bending over to pickup the dumbbells was the hardest part of the workout.

My back isn't as sore or tight today.

mrky03
12-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Mac, I've been using a lacrosse ball as well as a foam roller to help iron out the kinks.

Mac
12-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi Joel. I was out in the garage looking for one I bought this past summer but cannot find it.

I am pretty kinky, so I need all the balls I can get. :D

Mac
12-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Made it to the gym. Shoulders and chest. It felt good to get a pump and feel the burn from high-reps, to failure, as it 40-50 rep sets. Worked on my abs and core being very careful not to twist or pull the muscles.

Everything went well and I feel much better. Hardest part is getting out of the car or sneezing, gadamn that hurts.

Time to do some rolling.

Hoss06
12-29-2013, 09:44 PM
That there chesticle pump

PFEPerformance
12-31-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi Joel. I was out in the garage looking for one I bought this past summer but cannot find it.

DO TELL!! :diva:LOL

Made it to the gym. Shoulders and chest. It felt good to get a pump and feel the burn from high-reps, to failure, as it 40-50 rep sets. Worked on my abs and core being very careful not to twist or pull the muscles.

Everything went well and I feel much better. Hardest part is getting out of the car or sneezing, gadamn that hurts.

Time to do some rolling.

Sorry your not feeling the greatest! SUCKS to get held down by an injury!!! I've preached it before - but, may want to "consider" getting a deep tissue massage a few times......if you get a good masseuse - it will hurt like a MF'r (not gonna lie on that one!!)......BUT, I have gotten through some pulls and strains much quicker and with regular tune ups - find I'm much less tight in the areas that tend to hang up on me (low back, traps, delt neck connections...etc). Just a thought......HOPE YOU FEEL 100% SOON!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WISHING YOU AN AWESOME 2014!!

PFE

HeavyDutyGuy
12-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Kinky?? SUCKS? Mods- please change the title to Mac's Porn Thread... Wait, what?.. You ARE a mod?... Well there ya go..

Mac
12-31-2013, 03:44 PM
DO TELL!! :diva:LOL

Sorry your not feeling the greatest! SUCKS to get held down by an injury!!! I've preached it before - but, may want to "consider" getting a deep tissue massage a few times......if you get a good masseuse - it will hurt like a MF'r (not gonna lie on that one!!)......BUT, I have gotten through some pulls and strains much quicker and with regular tune ups - find I'm much less tight in the areas that tend to hang up on me (low back, traps, delt neck connections...etc). Just a thought......HOPE YOU FEEL 100% SOON!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WISHING YOU AN AWESOME 2014!!

PFE

Well I am not going to let it get to me and keep me out of the gym. I found a rubber-ball that works wonders. After using it I feel great for a couple hours. Each day a little better.

I haven't found anyone in this area that does deep tissue massage but I could look harder.

Happy New Year to you too!

Mac
12-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Kinky?? SUCKS? Mods- please change the title to Mac's Porn Thread... Wait, what?.. You ARE a mod?... Well there ya go..

there's a much better thread on RX forums than this one for porn. :D

mrky03
12-31-2013, 07:37 PM

hahaha! Yeah I hear ya!

mrky03
12-31-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm all about mobility these days! That lacrosse ball hurts like hell!

Hammerfit
01-02-2014, 01:02 PM
there's a much better thread on RX forums than this one for porn. :D

Really? haha

masterschamp
01-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Mac......about 3 years ago I experienced the sciatica? thing as well, and found out that resting only made things worse......finally decided to get in the gym...."F" the pain and just work right through it.....in a matter of weeks everything was resolved.......now I feel a slight numbess from time to time running down my leg but usually only when I have missed some workouts!.....the more I train, the better I feel.

Mac
01-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Mac......about 3 years ago I experienced the sciatica? thing as well, and found out that resting only made things worse......finally decided to get in the gym...."F" the pain and just work right through it.....in a matter of weeks everything was resolved.......now I feel a slight numbess from time to time running down my leg but usually only when I have missed some workouts!.....the more I train, the better I feel.

I had a similar problem last year. Now it's much more pronounced in one area of my hip and pain down my leg.

Doing nothing for two weeks only made me feel worse. Shoveling snow today didn't help, it was more like pushing it, as my driveway has about 15 incline.

So I am going to balls-up and deal with the pain vs. roll over and let it keep me still.

Hammerfit
01-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I had a similar problem last year. Now it's much more pronounced in one area of my hip and pain down my leg.

Doing nothing for two weeks only made me feel worse. Shoveling snow today didn't help, it was more like pushing it, as my driveway has about 15 incline.

So I am going to balls-up and deal with the pain vs. roll over and let it keep me still.

It must really suck up there today, its freakin freezing in FL

Mac
01-03-2014, 11:19 AM
It must really suck up there today, its freakin freezing in FL

We are forecast to be at -16 on Tuesday morning with a high of -3

It's 10 now and we got another 4" of snow last night.

So Yeah

IT SUCKS UP HERE

Mac
01-03-2014, 11:23 AM
It is -56 in Quebec, about 150 miles north of Montreal.

Bitter cold that we haven't seen in decades.

Hoss06
01-03-2014, 11:24 AM
60* today
Heavy snowfall by AM and a high of 28* tomorrow. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/04/ra2uhyda.jpg

Mac
01-03-2014, 11:25 AM
60* today
Heavy snowfall by AM and a high of 28* tomorrow. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/04/ra2uhyda.jpg

Your weather got stoned from all the pot being smoked from the local stores.

Hoss06
01-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Our weather is more bi-polar then some of the members on this board haha.

Mac
01-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Shoulder/Chest/Triceps 24 sets totals

High Reps - slow reps - TUT
Abs - rope crunches - hang leg raise

Still sore to bend over but it's improving. I have more range of motion than I have had in weeks. Switched to training early in the day like I used too and had much more energy and intensity. Plus it's much easier to eat before and after at 11am than it is a 9pm.

Mac
01-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Milestone day. I woke up in NO PAIN! It didn't realize it until I was making my coffee. Still some pain if I try to touch my toes or putting on my socks. Damn, it feels good to be old again.

Hammerfit
01-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Milestone day. I woke up in NO PAIN! It didn't realize it until I was making my coffee. Still some pain if I try to touch my toes or putting on my socks. Damn, it feels good to be old again.
:mosh:

Mac
01-19-2014, 07:48 AM
I feel great this morning. Blasted arms last night. They were so swollen it was hard to move them.

Bodyweight = 165 Time to shed the holiday bloat and get ready for another cut and drop 10lbs. by summer.

Mac
01-21-2014, 08:01 AM
Chest-Shoulders BW - 166
High Rope Pulls - 4 sets 12 reps
Chest - inclines Smith 7 sets 15-20 reps -
DB Fly - 3 sets 12-15
Rear Delts - 4 sets 10 reps
DB Lateral Raise - 3 sets 10 reps
Shoulder Presses - 2 sets 30 reps - rotate angle with each 10 reps

Abs
Leg Raises - 4 sets 20
Ab crunches - 3 sets 20
Praise Alahs - rope from high cable- straight arms - touch the floor

masterschamp
01-21-2014, 08:55 AM
Good to hear you're feeling better, Steve

Mac
01-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Good to hear you're feeling better, Steve

Thanks Keith. It's great to be able to do all the things a normal person can do.

These young teenagers that are around have been razzing me about acting like an old man. Hopefully I can keep it this way.

It seemed as soon as I started taking two Aleve a day and combined with training wisely, it went away in a week.

HeavyDutyGuy
01-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks Keith. It's great to be able to do all the things a normal person can do.

These young teenagers that are around have been razzing me about acting like an old man. Hopefully I can keep it this way.

It seemed as soon as I started taking two Aleve a day and combined with training wisely, it went away in a week.That was lucky. Count your blessings and watch your step and you should be good to go. I just set the record for cliches in one sentence! Go me!

Mac
01-21-2014, 04:56 PM
That was lucky. Count your blessings and watch your step and you should be good to go. I just set the record for cliches in one sentence! Go me!

I noticed that.

Nobody blessed me as I was indeed just lucky. I am going to concentrate a LOT more on core training and get back to doing some deadlifts.

KevinCouch
01-21-2014, 06:07 PM
You are officially blessed!
Be careful when you get back to those deadlifts Steve. I'm actually thinking about starting some moderate weight deadlifts myself for my core training. With my lower back issues I don't know if it's worth the risk.

ayezer
01-21-2014, 06:53 PM
great consistency nice cars

yes be careful w/deads get reps speaking from a competitive lifter deads are great exercise but can be dangerous if go to heavy too often.

They make your whole body stronger esp legs and back but either do every 10-14 days or do 1 day mod heavy and 1 day light if do deads weekly at least that is my opinion.

ayezer
01-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Be careful when you get back to those deadlifts Steve. I'm actually thinking about starting some moderate weight deadlifts myself for my core training. With my lower back issues I don't know if it's worth the risk.

Kevin yes be careful with deads you have so much size I do not know if it is really worth the injury risk in my opinion. if you do do more reps than anything else.

masterschamp
01-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Drop a 80lb DB on their feet!

Mac
01-21-2014, 09:20 PM

haha Thanks for the blessing.

I will take it VERY easy Kevin. No single, double, triples or less than 15 reps for me. I want to strengthen it so that when I do pick up an 80lb dumbbell or struggle, it won't be a weak point.

The muscles were being neglected and causing me issues from that alone.

My aim is to keep what muscle I have, not so much build new, although that will certainly be acceptable should I do all things right. It's happened before. I am not enhanced and test levels are declining.

Mac
01-21-2014, 09:23 PM
great consistency nice cars

yes be careful w/deads get reps speaking from a competitive lifter deads are great exercise but can be dangerous if go to heavy too often.

They make your whole body stronger esp legs and back but either do every 10-14 days or do 1 day mod heavy and 1 day light if do deads weekly at least that is my opinion.

I hear you Adam. Form and function as I am not interested in setting any world records like my big Bro Mike. I did them twice a month before, like you suggested.

Mac
01-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Drop a 80lb DB on their feet!

Shit, I couldn't even bend over to pick up a 20lb DB. Thank a deity for machines so I could do some training.

Mac
02-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Been sick with a bad cold. It's been one thing after another. So glad that January is f'n over.

Went to the gym and couldn't get in. Seems they didn't update my credit card details for payment. The expiration changed on the credit card. Not only do they take you money when they closed the gym, they cannot start taking it again properly when you have asked them too.

I did manage to get back 4 months for the membership they charged while they were closed and opening the new location. Dimwits where ever you go these days. Now to get the 3 months they charged for my girlfriend after canceling the membership.

masterschamp
02-03-2014, 09:09 AM
One of the truest staements I have heard lately: "dimwits wherever you go these days!"

PFEPerformance
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Been sick with a bad cold. It's been one thing after another. So glad that January is f'n over.

"dimwits wherever you go these days!"

Couldn't agree more with BOTH statements!!!!

Hope you are feeling better!!!

Mac
02-03-2014, 02:59 PM

"dimwits wherever you go these days!"

Couldn't agree more with BOTH statements!!!!

Hope you are feeling better!!!

Back to normal, whatever that is. Thanks Lorrie for stopping by. How you doing?

PFEPerformance
02-03-2014, 03:40 PM
...PFFT....."normal" - who needs it??!! LOL Doing GREAT - aside from working waaaay too many hours - but, guess that keeps me outa trouble --- at least I have an alibi :) I'm guaranteed one of three places these days - WORK/GYM/BED....LOL

Hammerfit
02-04-2014, 09:53 AM

Went to the gym and couldn't get in. Seems they didn't update my credit card details for payment. The expiration changed on the credit card. Not only do they take you money when they closed the gym, they cannot start taking it again properly when you have asked them too.

I did manage to get back 4 months for the membership they charged while they were closed and opening the new location. Dimwits where ever you go these days. Now to get the 3 months they charged for my girlfriend after canceling the membership.

You're having the most trouble with gym memberships you need to move down south my friend!

masterschamp
02-05-2014, 09:46 AM
What Mike said!!!!!

Mac
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM
You're having the most trouble with gym memberships you need to move down south my friend!

Just trouble with these a-holes that run the gym. They're sheisters and have poor business management skills.

Regardless, we do need to move south. Just got done shoveling 4" of heavy wet snow and then once I got the driveway to be free of snow we got 1/4" of freezing rain. So I had to go back and shovel the ice and sleet. Fuk I hate Ohio.

Mac
02-05-2014, 10:14 AM
When I went back to workout, they wouldn't let me in. Seems these assholes cancelled my membership when I had them cancel my girl's membership. No one can follow simple instructions.

They cancelled both of ours. Now I need to go sign another contract and rejoin the gym. I cannot believe this shit. I was month to month and no way will I sign a term contract.

Hammerfit
02-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Just trouble with these a-holes that run the gym. They're sheisters and have poor business management skills.

Regardless, we do need to move south. Just got done shoveling 4" of heavy wet snow and then once I got the driveway to be free of snow we got 1/4" of freezing rain. So I had to go back and shovel the ice and sleet. Fuk I hate Ohio.

Yeah Dude you gotta get out of there! Im not ever going any farther north than where I am Matter of fact I would move to Miami if I had a chance

Mac
02-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah Dude you gotta get out of there! Im not ever going any farther north than where I am Matter of fact I would move to Miami if I had a chance

Same here. It can be 80 in Miami and 35 in the panhandle of FL, or colder which you just went thru. Don't know how cold you got.

I want to keep the house in Ohio for the summer and early fall seasons. Let the kids live here and just keep a bedroom for us, and probably most of the bills.

Hammerfit
02-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Same here. It can be 80 in Miami and 35 in the panhandle of FL, or colder which you just went thru. Don't know how cold you got.

I want to keep the house in Ohio for the summer and early fall seasons. Let the kids live here and just keep a bedroom for us, and probably most of the bills.

We got down to 19 w ice and a small amount of snow last week. But that is rare. It lasted a few days and left. Our winter will be gone in 4 weeks. None to soon!

Mac
02-06-2014, 08:40 AM
It's been a while since I have done direct leg workouts. It's amazing how fast your leg strength disappears. Hopefully it come back just as fast.

However, I am going to keep the weight low and the reps high!

Hammerfit
02-08-2014, 08:29 AM
It's been a while since I have done direct leg workouts. It's amazing how fast your leg strength disappears. Hopefully it come back just as fast.

However, I am going to keep the weight low and the reps high!

I truly believe the high rep squats are better for hyperthrophy having tried just about all the protocols. I do like to go heavy occasionally just to shock them even further.

Mac
02-08-2014, 08:53 AM
I truly believe the high rep squats are better for hyperthrophy having tried just about all the protocols. I do like to go heavy occasionally just to shock them even further.

That's encouraging. I know you have stimulated new growth, so you know of what you speak. :D

I always loved power rack training and going heavy, but those days may be behind me unless I want more injuries. NOPE

KevinCouch
02-08-2014, 03:20 PM
That's encouraging. I know you have stimulated new growth, so you know of what you speak. :D

I always loved power rack training and going heavy, but those days may be behind me unless I want more injuries. NOPE

I believe that Mike is dead on. I haven't trained heavy weights per se in a long time. What matters is how heavy it feels to those quads at the time. Higher reps, super sets, giant sets, drop sets and tempo all can seriously put a load on those quads without getting injured.

Mac
02-08-2014, 06:15 PM
I believe that Mike is dead on. I haven't trained heavy weights per se in a long time. What matters is how heavy it feels to those quads at the time. Higher reps, super sets, giant sets, drop sets and tempo all can seriously put a load on those quads without getting injured.

Thanks Kevin.

That's going to be my new direction. It surely is working for you and Hammer. I will be turning 58 this year and things are changing as my strength is going down. So I am not going to worry about the weight so much.

Mac
02-08-2014, 09:30 PM
It's snowing, Saturday night and I had the gym all to myself.
200 reps for the latissimus dorsi

Lats
Bilateral pulldowns
4 x 20 reps
Wide Grip pulldowns
4 x 20 reps
One arm machine rows
2 x 20 reps

11min on the Elliptical - heart was a racing!

HeavyDutyGuy
02-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Snow, more snow, followed by bitter cold and ice. Sounds like here. Go South young man!. Since I hate the South, West and South. Floriduh is better than the Artic though. Why haven't you been training legs sir??...

Mac
02-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Snow, more snow, followed by bitter cold and ice. Sounds like here. Go South young man!. Since I hate the South, West and South. Floriduh is better than the Artic though. Why haven't you been training legs sir??...

Don't you remember SciATTICA SciATTICA !

Mac
02-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Abs and core training with 12 minutes of elliptical.

masterschamp
02-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Steve...sometimes I look at total weight lifted over the entire workout as opposed to going heavy for fewer sets!

Mac
02-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Steve...sometimes I look at total weight lifted over the entire workout as opposed to going heavy for fewer sets!

Yes, that's what I am doing too. It's working well, so far.

Mac
02-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Superset Bicep and Triceps
BW 168 - it's supposed to be going down but...

One arm rope extensions 6x20
Reverse tricep pushdowns 3x15
One arm machine curls 3x20
One arm DB French Curls 3x20
Rope curls 3x15
DB Concentration curls 3x25

Mac
02-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Shoulders
BW 167

DB side laterals 4 sets 20 reps
Front DB raise 2 sets 15 reps
Seated Machine Press 4 sets 12-15 reps
DB Press 3 sets 25 reps
Rear Delts 4 sets 12-20 reps
Lateral Raise Machine 2 sets 15 reps

Mac
02-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Arms and Abs
BW 168

4 sets one arm rope extensions 20 - 15 - 12 - 20 drop set
4 sets one arm rev. tricep pushdown 20 - 15 - 15 - 10
2 sets of lying DB extensions
4 sets of one arm curl machine
2 sets rope curls

4 sets ab crunch and leg lifts

Mac
02-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Legs
BW 166

5 sets 20 reps squats to parallel
4 sets 20 reps leg extensions
4 sets 25-30-30-50 reps adductors
2 sets 25 reps each leg - lunges

I hope I can walk tomorrow or rather Saturday will be the worst. Going to stay with a weight that I can do 15-20 rep sets on squats to minimize chance of another injury.

Mac
02-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Legs
BW 166

I hope I can walk tomorrow or rather Saturday will be the worst. Going to stay with a weight that I can do 15-20 rep sets on squats to minimize chance of another injury.

I was wrong, today my legs are screaming. They weren't even sore the 1st day and I thought this is good.

This is the kind of pain I love to endure. It did cause my hip/sciatica to flare up but nothing like it was. I am doing a lot of stretching and foam rolling to keep loose.

Chest and shoulder are on tap tonight!

Mac
02-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Chest / Shoulders
BW 164

6 sets incline Hammer Press 20-15-12-10-15-15
4 sets DB Fly 15-12-12-12
4 sets Presses 20-15-10-10
4 sets Rear Delts 15-15-10-10
3 sets Lateral raise 12-12-12
2 sets Goal Posts shoulder rotations

mrky03
02-24-2014, 06:14 AM
Foam rolling is great, I'm all about mobility theses days!

Hammerfit
02-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Legs
BW 166

20 rep squats w any weight is brutal stuff awesome job! Hang from a pullup bar between sets to keep loose

Mac
02-24-2014, 07:47 AM
20 rep squats w any weight is brutal stuff awesome job! Hang from a pullup bar between sets to keep loose

thanks Mike. Indeed it's tough and I have much admiration for the guys doing it with real weight. I was using just under my bodyweight with 155lbs. Going to move up this week with small incremental adjustment of the weight.

Great advice on the hanging from a pull-up bar.

KevinCouch
02-24-2014, 05:28 PM
thanks Mike. Indeed it's tough and I have much admiration for the guys doing it with real weight. I was using just under my bodyweight with 155lbs. Going to move up this week with small incremental adjustment of the weight.

Great advice on the hanging from a pull-up bar.

A great quad workout is a great quad workout period Steve. If your quads and glutes were sore then it stimulated growth.

Mac
02-24-2014, 09:49 PM
A great quad workout is a great quad workout period Steve. If your quads and glutes were sore then it stimulated growth.

You are right on that Kevin and you've certainly have mastered that!

Mac
02-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Planned on going to the gym last night but never made it as I got very sick after eating at Chipolte last night. uP all night long so another good training day lost.

Needless to say I won't be eating there again.

PFEPerformance
02-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Hope you are feeling better!!!!

I hang from the pullup quite a bit..... slight herniation in Lumbar - it's necessary when Squatting and everything wants to lockup ..... Have been doing a lot of high rep work and holds with Austin - BRUTAL!! Switch it up with heavy days - but, I have been MORE sore with the high rep/hold mix than I have been in a LONG time!!

Mac
02-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Hope you are feeling better!!!!

I hang from the pullup quite a bit..... slight herniation in Lumbar - it's necessary when Squatting and everything wants to lockup ..... Have been doing a lot of high rep work and holds with Austin - BRUTAL!! Switch it up with heavy days - but, I have been MORE sore with the high rep/hold mix than I have been in a LONG time!!

I am a firm believer in the higher reps to increase TIL. The last session really got me sore to the bone.

So when is your next show?

Hoss06
02-27-2014, 08:22 PM
I've heard of hanging from a pull up bar, but I thought that was just for lat stretching....does it really loosen up the legs some?

Mac
02-27-2014, 08:36 PM
I've heard of hanging from a pull up bar, but I thought that was just for lat stretching....does it really loosen up the legs some?

It helps to loosen the muscles in the lower back and hips for me.

PFEPerformance
02-28-2014, 01:37 PM
I am a firm believer in the higher reps to increase TIL. The last session really got me sore to the bone.

So when is your next show?

X 2! BIG Difference for me already this year!

Not sure on next show yet - haven't put one on the radar....just sitting back and doing my homework with extreme focus! It "may" be late summer or fall...but, I'll decide as we head into summer and see where my progress is at that time. I've been debating a few things/goals - be it this year/or next - But for now......BEASTMODE! :diva:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ~ Don't put your shovel away :( sounds like we are in for yet another blast---UGH!!!!!!

Mac
02-28-2014, 06:31 PM
X 2! BIG Difference for me already this year!

Not sure on next show yet - haven't put one on the radar....just sitting back and doing my homework with extreme focus! It "may" be late summer or fall...but, I'll decide as we head into summer and see where my progress is at that time. I've been debating a few things/goals - be it this year/or next - But for now......BEASTMODE! :diva:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ~ Don't put your shovel away :( sounds like we are in for yet another blast---UGH!!!!!!

I have the snowblower ready for this one. You'll probably getting as much or more than us being further south, we may miss storm #2 on early monday morning.

OK on the shows. Beastmode is great, with little stress and maximum growth.

Hoss06
02-28-2014, 08:42 PM
I think we're due for a light sprinkle of snow tomorrow...our weather is soooo bi-polar here ...sometimes itll be 60*+ one day and snow the next AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/01/uvepy8u2.jpg

I don't mind the snow...I just hate the kind gah ruins the car wash...if it's going to snow, then snow already...I don't mind plowing through the snow :D

Mac
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Yesterday was Shoulders and today LEGS.

BW 164 - gained back the LBS. I lost from the food poisoning.

Squats to parallel - 6 sets of 20 reps gad dam...
Single Leg Ext - 4 sets of 15 reps
Lunges - 2 sets of 20 reps each leg
Adductors - 2 sets 50 reps

Hanging leg raises - 4 sets
Ab crunches - 4 sets
Hypers - 4 sets

Hammerfit
03-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Yesterday was Shoulders and today LEGS.

BW 164 - gained back the LBS. I lost from the food poisoning.

Squats to parallel - 6 sets of 20 reps gad dam...
Single Leg Ext - 4 sets of 15 reps
Lunges - 2 sets of 20 reps each leg
Adductors - 2 sets 50 reps

Hanging leg raises - 4 sets
Ab crunches - 4 sets
Hypers - 4 sets

very nice leg training!

Mac
03-03-2014, 08:31 AM
very nice leg training!

Thanks Mike. I was gassed after the squats. Was only going to do 5 sets and I remembered what you and Joel are doing. Had more in the tank after a bit of rest but I am going to work back at this real slow. Up 10lbs from last week's 5x20 effort and will do the same again next time. The goal for now is two plates for 20 reps x 5 sets. Maybe I can get back to the rock bottom ATG squats again.

Mac
03-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Still alive, just no time to log my workouts. !

Chest Shoulders - today and Arms yesterday. BW 169

PFEPerformance
03-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Just cruising by to say HI and Hope all is well!!! HAVE A GREAT ONE!!

mrky03
03-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Good going Mac! I don't want to even think about 6x20 squats! You guys have motivated me to up my game over the past few years!

Mac
03-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Just cruising by to say HI and Hope all is well!!! HAVE A GREAT ONE!!

All is well since we are not in Ohio where it was 16 degrees when we left for Costa Rica on Monday morning. It's 96 here on the beach. I wish there was a gym here but no such luck. We did a lot of hiking around the base of Arenal volcano searching for a pet sloth for Curt James.

Hope yours is a good one too.

Mac
03-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Good going Mac! I don't want to even think about 6x20 squats! You guys have motivated me to up my game over the past few years!

I will trade you the 6x20 for your front squats with 225 and deadlifting 500+ for reps. That was motivation for me to up my game.

Hammerfit
03-28-2014, 09:07 PM
All is well since we are not in Ohio where it was 16 degrees when we left for Costa Rica on Monday morning. It's 96 here on the beach. I wish there was a gym here but no such luck. We did a lot of hiking around the base of Arenal volcano searching for a pet sloth for Curt James.

Hope yours is a good one too.

Did the volcano hike there a few years back. Love that place glad youre getting to enjoy Rica. One of the best places in the world.

Mac
03-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Did the volcano hike there a few years back. Love that place glad youre getting to enjoy Rica. One of the best places in the world.

It was a workout for me. Lots of steep climbing and rocks. The drive to the place was a very rough ride.

We loved CR so much after coming here last year we came back, Ticos are great people too.

My spanish sucks and its fun trying to communicate thru the language barrier.

masterschamp
04-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Have a great time Mac!

Mac
04-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Have a great time Mac!

Thanks Keith. It was a great time, 4 days in the Rain Forest, sans the rain this time of year and 3 days on the beach.

The hike to this waterfall was a real workout, in the 90 heat but worth the trip.

Hammerfit
04-05-2014, 08:12 AM
:yep:

Mac
05-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Time to step up my game to hang with the rest of the Masters here in this forum. I have my work cut out for me that's for sure.

May 1st was the start of the new plan with a goal in mind! But it's not to get on stage.

1. Eat more
2. Workout more
3. Resume supplementation - adding a pro hormone from IML - Epi/Tren 6-8 weeks
4. Moderate Cardio

5 REDUCE STRESS - now that taxes are paid, I always worry about that being self-employed, I can relax and not worry about having the money to do it. I hate IRS penalties!!!

mrky03
05-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Let us know how the pro hormone supplementation works Mac. I've never used any of that stuff, maybe I need to!

Mac
05-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Let us know how the pro hormone supplementation works Mac. I've never used any of that stuff, maybe I need to!

I don't think you need anything!

But I will let you know. I have use Epistane in the past and like the results for hardening up and it makes me feel good. I can feel it working 5 minutes after I take it.

The only thing I need to do is watch the blood pressure.

PFEPerformance
05-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Time to step up my game to hang with the rest of the Masters here in this forum. I have my work cut out for me that's for sure.

May 1st was the start of the new plan with a goal in mind! But it's not to get on stage.

1. Eat more
2. Workout more
3. Resume supplementation - adding a pro hormone from IML - Epi/Tren 6-8 weeks
4. Moderate Cardio

5 REDUCE STRESS - now that taxes are paid, I always worry about that being self-employed, I can relax and not worry about having the money to do it. I hate IRS penalties!!!

Just catching up!! LOVE your game plan - although - "getting on stage" would not disappoint me! :-)

Let me know when you nail down #5 and I'll be on your doorstep begging for the game plan!!!

Take Care!!
BIG HUG!

Mac
05-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Just catching up!! LOVE your game plan - although - "getting on stage" would not disappoint me! :-)

Let me know when you nail down #5 and I'll be on your doorstep begging for the game plan!!!

Take Care!!
BIG HUG!

Hey Lorrie. How are you doing?

If the judging in BB wasn't so f'd up and they awarded the best physique and not the 'best buddy' or the gym's biggest guy or supporter I might do it, someday.

Then there is the problem of just being too old, too lazy, too busy, too fat...

Mac
06-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Thought I would post here before another month flies by and there is nothing here for the month.

Still kicking and hitting it hard, when I do make it to the gym. I seem to do better on a 3 days a week routine for lifting and 1 or 2 days of cardio or circuit style training.

PFEPerformance
06-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Hey Lorrie. How are you doing?

If the judging in BB wasn't so f'd up and they awarded the best physique and not the 'best buddy' or the gym's biggest guy or supporter I might do it, someday.

NO WAAAAAY - this goes on?? I'm SHOCKED!!! LOL Sorry to say - more than once I've stepped off stage thinking WTF?!! Not to say I should have won - BUT, um....sheerah next to me who just won is um....MAYBE admitted backstage, and obviously so on stage, F'd up her cut cycle and at 12% BF still....and "hopes she at least places"....... meanwhile, waving to her Trainer/Gym Owner judge on the panel as she exits stage right..............

Then there is the problem of just being too old, too lazy, too busy, too fat...

To Old.... LIAR...... Too Lazy....DOUBT IT...... too busy...yea, I get that one.....too FAT?? PALEASE! :dunno:

Thought I would post here before another month flies by and there is nothing here for the month.

Still kicking and hitting it hard, when I do make it to the gym. I seem to do better on a 3 days a week routine for lifting and 1 or 2 days of cardio or circuit style training.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to dust off her journal for lack of attention! GLAD all is going well and never a doubt you are still hitting it hard!!

Mac
06-05-2014, 10:04 AM
To Old.... LIAR...... Too Lazy....DOUBT IT...... too busy...yea, I get that one.....too FAT?? PALEASE! :dunno:

I do manage to convince some that it's true.

Have a great week!

Hammerfit
06-12-2014, 02:26 PM
I do manage to convince some that it's true.

Have a great week!

naw you still have to get on stage w me next July!

Mac
06-12-2014, 03:00 PM
naw you still have to get on stage w me next July!

LOL. I think my stage days are over.

I will support you all the way however!!!!

Curt James
06-18-2014, 03:34 PM
LOL. I think my stage days are over.

I will support you all the way however!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Curt James
06-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Mac, I found a flying sloth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7rRfKIHxU

mrky03
06-19-2014, 07:57 AM
You're still going strong Mac!

Mac
06-19-2014, 08:03 AM
You're still going strong Mac!

For an old fart, I guess you're right!

Thanks Joel. Seeing your workouts and what you accomplish keeps me chipping away!

PFEPerformance
07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
:waiting:171198:waiting::waiting:

Tag your it my dear! HUGE PFE HUG! Wishing you a RELAXING and GREAT 4th!!

Mac
07-02-2014, 01:31 PM
:waiting:

Tag your it my dear! HUGE PFE HUG! Wishing you a RELAXING and GREAT 4th!!

Haha, kicking my ass for slacking too, eh?

Hope that you have a safe and happy 4th of July.

Mac
07-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Trashed my arms last night. Great high intensity, low volume but high rep sets.

Tricep pushdowns, rope extensions, DB french curls, lying DB extension
Hammer curls with rope, seated single arm DB concentration - reverse curls - forearm DB curls

I was feeling really pumped. BW 171 -

this picture is not from my workout and its without a pump.:dunno:

Hammerfit
07-03-2014, 01:12 PM

Trashed my arms last night. Great high intensity, low volume but high rep sets.

Tricep pushdowns, rope extensions, DB french curls, lying DB extension
Hammer curls with rope, seated single arm DB concentration - reverse curls - forearm DB curls

I was feeling really pumped. BW 171 -

this picture is not from my workout and its without a pump.:dunno:

awesome v taper! Most kids would die for that. Looking great brother

Mac
07-03-2014, 04:02 PM
awesome v taper! Most kids would die for that. Looking great brother

thank you sir !!

Mac
07-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Shoulders BW 170

5 sets rear delts - reverse pec dec
5 sets rope face pull
5 sets DB Goal Posts
1 set 40 reps 40lb DB
4 sets side laterals
4 sets seated presses

masterschamp
07-16-2014, 09:14 PM
171.......awesome, Mac!

Mac
07-16-2014, 09:23 PM
171.......awesome, Mac!

Time to tighten up a bit !!

mrky03
07-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Look at those shoulders! I'm with you Mac, I'm trying to tighten up even if I don't compete!

Mac
07-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Look at those shoulders! I'm with you Mac, I'm trying to tighten up even if I don't compete!

Haha, thanks Joel.

No competing for me but I sure do want to look like I will or might.

Curt James
07-17-2014, 09:32 PM
You've got the V taper. I'm sporting an I taper.

Great journal, Mac.

Mac
07-18-2014, 09:26 PM
You've got the V taper. I'm sporting an I taper.

Great journal, Mac.

About time you stopped by.

Thanks Curto.

Mac
07-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Lats BW 169

Wide bar pulldowns 6 sets 12-15 reps
Dickersons 4 sets 12 reps
Bilateral Pulldowns 5 sets 15-20 reps
Low Pulley Rows 1 set - stopped here as my left hip popped and felt weird and I am not taking any chances with it, it's not worth it.

I feel fine now so I just pussied out I guess.

mrky03
07-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Live to fight another day!

Mac
07-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Live to fight another day!

Fight to live another day.

masterschamp
07-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Everyday is a freakin fight!!!!!!!

Mac
07-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Everyday is a freakin fight!!!!!!!

It certainly does feel that way, sometimes. Like today.

Good day to trash legs!

Mac
07-21-2014, 10:27 PM
So I missed legs, sue me...

Superset biceps and triceps, my favorite workout. BW 168

Today is high reps, go until you can't do another freakin' rep. Pump the suckers up. about 45 seconds rest in between sets.

Triceps pushdowns - V-bar 3 sets 20-50-30 reps
Sitting on the floor - one arm cable curls - 4 sets 20 reps each
Seated DB Concentration curls - 3 sets 15 reps
Lying DB Tri Extensions 3 sets -15 reps.
One arm rev tricep pushdowns - 2 sets 15 reps
One arm rope extensions = 3 sets 15-20 reps

Hanging ab raises 3 sets

Hoss06
07-21-2014, 10:29 PM
So I missed legs, sue me...

How much are you worth?

Mac
07-21-2014, 10:30 PM
How much are you worth?

Not enough for the both of us.

Someone has to lose.

Curt James
07-22-2014, 04:02 AM
Superset biceps and triceps, my favorite workout. BW 168

Today is high reps, go until you can't do another freakin' rep. Pump the suckers up. about 45 seconds rest in between sets.

Triceps pushdowns - V-bar 3 sets 20-50-30 reps
Sitting on the floor - one arm cable curls - 4 sets 20 reps each
Seated DB Concentration curls - 3 sets 15 reps
Lying DB Tri Extensions 3 sets -15 reps.
One arm rev tricep pushdowns - 2 sets 15 reps
One arm rope extensions - 3 sets 15-20 reps

This workout + your avatar = WIN!

Mac
07-22-2014, 06:51 AM
This workout + your avatar = WIN!

Thanks Curt. I am starting to catch up to you now, I got to get it in high gear.

Mac
07-28-2014, 05:53 AM
Chest - shoulders BW 165

6 sets incline hammer strength 15 reps
4 sets cable crossovers
4 sets wide grip bench
3 sets goals posts
4 sets rear delta
2 sets side lateral machine
2 set front DB raises

masterschamp
07-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Mac....what are goal posts?

Mac
07-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Mac....what are goal posts?

Place a dumbbell in each hand

raise your arms up - elbows at shoulder level and arms straight up like this

Then rotate the dumbbells forward keeping your elbows fixed.

bushmaster
07-29-2014, 09:01 AM

Place a dumbbell in each hand

raise your arms up - elbows at shoulder level and arms straight up like this

Then rotate the dumbbells forward keeping your elbows fixed.
Light weight I assume? I don't think my shoulders could handle much more than 20lbs.

Mac
07-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Light weight I assume? I don't think my shoulders could handle much more than 20lbs.

20lbs will cause me problems, as in rip my shoulders apart - it's got to be done with the correct form.

I use 10 -12 - 15lbs and only when my shoulders have been warmed up. If it hurts, as in the joints, I drop back down

bushmaster
07-29-2014, 10:22 AM
20lbs will cause me problems, as in rip my shoulders apart - it's got to be done with the correct form.

I use 10 -12 - 15lbs and only when my shoulders have been warmed up. If it hurts, as in the joints, I drop back down
20lbs was a high estimate. Will start adding these at 10lbs. Thanks!

masterschamp
07-29-2014, 10:49 AM
I have never done those....what is the purpose?

Mac
07-29-2014, 01:24 PM
I have never done those....what is the purpose?

To build big shoulders like yours.

Mac
07-29-2014, 03:00 PM
It helps many of the smaller stabilizer muscles and to ensure you hit all three heads of the shoulder.

It will also hit the brachialis / brachioradalis in your arms with enough reps.

This one pumps my shoulders and gives me that visual feedback we all desire, so its a great reason to like them.

mrky03
07-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Mac, you are a master technician!

Mac
07-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Mac, you are a master technician!

That's Chris Aceto - I am his apprentice. I wish.

masterschamp
07-30-2014, 09:48 AM
I am going to throw them in my next delt workout....thanks, Mac!

Mac
08-01-2014, 07:14 AM
I am going to throw them in my next delt workout....thanks, Mac!

You don't need them with those huge boulder shoulders, but they'll keep them big for you too.

Curt James
08-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks Curt. I am starting to catch up to you now, I got to get it in high gear.

Sorry, my sarcasm detector didn't pick this up! Lol

20lbs was a high estimate. Will start adding these at 10lbs. Thanks!

Will add those at 5lbs. Maybe a 2 1/2 plate.

Mac
08-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Sorry, my sarcasm detector didn't pick this up! Lol

Will add those at 5lbs. Maybe a 2 1/2 plate.

You were too busy looking for grammatical errors and typos.

Curt James
08-01-2014, 08:15 PM
^^^^ Always! lol

Your post? A+!

KevinCouch
08-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Mac,

I tried the goal posts as a finishing exercise yesterday for shoulders. I only used 15 pounds and I really felt it. You can teach and "old" dog new tricks.

Mac
08-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Mac,

I tried the goal posts as a finishing exercise yesterday for shoulders. I only used 15 pounds and I really felt it. You can teach and "old" dog new tricks.

Hey Kevin, that's great. Yes, if I can learn new tricks, so can you younger brothers.

Do these with correct form or they can do more damage than good but I believe they will add stability to your shoulder joints.

Thanks for stopping in my Asylum.

KevinCouch
08-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Hey Kevin, that's great. Yes, if I can learn new tricks, so can you younger brothers.

Do these with correct form or they can do more damage than good but I believe they will add stability to your shoulder joints.

Thanks for stopping in my Asylum.

I do have some shoulder issues. What I couldn't get right is exactly how high I should keep my elbows. It felt right when they were below parallel to the aground. When raised them to parallel I began to feel the grinding on my joints. Is that the case with you?

Mac
08-01-2014, 11:23 PM
I do have some shoulder issues. What I couldn't get right is exactly how high I should keep my elbows. It felt right when they were below parallel to the aground. When raised them to parallel I began to feel the grinding on my joints. Is that the case with you?

Yes, there's a sweet spot where things are not grinding together so much. I get some elbow pain if they go above parallel.

Hoss06
08-02-2014, 01:40 AM
Any fun plans for the wknd?