PDA

View Full Version : Mac's Training Asylum

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mac
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Smashed my back to pieces today. I got a new PR on rack pulls with 495. My traps are growing from this exercise. Felt like I could do more but I will be happy with that for now and move it up slowly. I don't think I have ever lifted that much before even when I was young.

Since the gym is practically empty, I practiced front and rear lat poses. They have the mirrors setup so you can see your back while looking straight ahead. I like that!! One of the trainers commented on my posing saying something about my vascularity. Beta Alanine is a great vasodilator.

Mac
03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
In the quest to get bigger and better wheels, I did higher rep leg press, hacks, lunges and leg curls. My legs are already sore. This is in contrast to the last 3 leg workouts consisting of power rack squats with heavy weights.

hifrommike65
03-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Really looking forward to seeing you back on a competition stage, Mac, even if it's next year.

Mac
03-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Really looking forward to seeing you back on a competition stage, Mac, even if it's next year.

Thanks Mike. What if it is the year after that, before the aliens come back in 2012?

A very big part of me wants to compete this year, as you never know what's going to happen in life to prevent you from going there again. Another part of me just wants to grow, eat a lot of food and gain some more mass.

I read about all of the drugs that so many are taking to get up on stage and then wonder if I can even compete against them. There are some advocating that I do the same, but I am not going to be sticking needles into myself to do it. I did one cycle of AAS back in the 80s and it fucked me up and my brain only remembers the bad from it. Well, I do remember inclining benching 315 for reps and curling the 100lb DBs, not too bad for 160lbs.

Also, the economy sucks ass right now and being self-employed it has affected my income considerably and the cost of competing/eating is not cheap. So another part of me wants to concentrate on my business so I will have something when I retire besides social security.

I could just remain a lightweight and compete without all of the ancillaries but then I fear I won't be the one taking home a 1st place trophy for all of my hard work.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Mac you scream conditioning and that still wins shows. If you are at the top of your weight class and look like your pics you will be dayum tuff to beat. If you are near the bottom of lightweights and stand next to a dude 9 pounds heavier and just as conditioned...gonna be tough. If you did drugs and only slipped barely into the next weight class up you would stiil be on the bottom end weight wise....dilema. Got any line up pics from the past we can compare?

Baldie

Mac
03-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Got any line up pics from the past we can compare?

I have only one blurry picture from competing. My son's mother through them all away one day , never to be seen again. Had some really good videos too.

Your logic about taking drugs and moving into the next weight class makes sense, as it would definitely put me at a disadvantage being at the bottom. I would want to be 154.0 lbs at the top of the lightweight class.

Mac
03-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Today was a magic day in the gym. Dar and I did arms. Superset tris and bis on the cable to start. The skin was so tight, I swear it was ripping, really it did.

I don't know what I did but I blasted them and smashed thru several PRs.

Mac
03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
On Saturday, after busting our ass in the gym, we went to the Q in Cleveland to see some old-timers, Masters sing. They included Grand Funk Railroad, The Turtles, Paul Revere and the Raiders, and Little Anthony and the Imperials. It was a great show where they each played their #1 hits. The average age in the crowd was probably 65 and the groups ages were in the 60-70s. After 4 hrs of that, we were ready to get out of there.

Walking the streets in downtown Cleveland seemed a bit weary as we were approached by a streetwalker asking to shake my hand, telling me I looked like a lawyer. I had a fucking baseball cap and leather jacket on. WTF. I declined.

Felt like shit yesterday and we did not train. I must have been subjected to some geriatric germs from the large crowd, as I slept most of the day and felt nauseous. Maybe it was from the 4 cocktails the night before, who knows.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-29-2010, 08:45 AM
That sounds like a good concert.

Mac
03-29-2010, 08:04 PM
My chest workout was a good one. I was able to set a couple of new PRs. The gym was freakin' crowded as heck and I had to wait for a bench to do incline flies and cable crossovers.

The gym also bought new DBs from 90 - 150 in 5lb increments. Sweet. Now I can do my DB pullovers and heavy DB rows.

Mac
03-31-2010, 09:06 PM
A wider and thicker back was on tap for today. I got to use the new DBs for Bent-over rows or bo-rows as I so affectionately call them.

Rack deads - just above the knee. Shrugs at the top
135/10 225/5 314/5 405/2 315/10 335/9 225/10

Db rows -
110/10 120/5 100/10

Straight arm pulldowns from high cable
110/15 150/10 150/11 110/15

Single arm pull downs
130/10 150/7 150/6

freebirdmac
03-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Nice!!!

Mac
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
As I have done in the last three years, I start to really hit the cutting harder and cardio starting in April. I am much leaner this year than before, so I am hoping to achieve even better results than in the past. That being said, it's time for some HIIT on the stat bike.

I am going to try something new this year. Since the stat bike is right here in my office, I am going to do several 5-10 minutes sprints on the bike each day. Dar and I will start walking again in the evenings since spring has finally come to Ohio.

gman
04-01-2010, 09:46 AM
It's nice here finally too....time to do the outdoor intervals! Saturday I will start!

bodyhard
04-01-2010, 10:12 AM
A wider and thicker back was on tap for today. I got to use the new DBs for Bent-over rows or bo-rows as I so affectionately call them.

Rack deads - just above the knee. Shrugs at the top
135/10 225/5 314/5 405/2 315/10 335/9 225/10

Db rows -
110/10 120/5 100/10

Straight arm pulldowns from high cable
110/15 150/10 150/11 110/15

Single arm pull downs
130/10 150/7 150/6

Question, why do you do rack deads with the pin above the knee? When I started doing them, I had came back from my pelvis surgery so I could not place the pins lower than my knees.

Do you do it that way due to injury, or a matter of preference? If it is a matter of preference IMO if the bar is over the knee your ROM is too short to really get the benefit of the rack dead.

Mac
04-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Question, why do you do rack deads with the pin above the knee?

Being the short fuck that I am, the lowest pin in the rack places it just above the knee. I can stand on some plates or a wood platform, but I hate that.

I also do full ROM deadlifts, albeit not as heavy as what I can do this way.

I am targeting the upper back and traps and my ability to lift a heavier weight, thus bolstering my ego. My best so far is 500lbs which I cannot do from below the knee.

Mac
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
If it is a matter of preference IMO if the bar is over the knee your ROM is too short to really get the benefit of the rack dead.

It's a matter of preference too. I firmly believe I get good results from it just like you do when doing the 12 plates in the leg press. I doubt you do a full ROM with that much weight but you indeed benefit from the movement.

bodyhard
04-01-2010, 10:30 AM
It's a matter of preference too. I firmly believe I get good results from it just like you do when doing the 12 plates in the leg press. I doubt you do a full ROM with that much weight but you indeed benefit from the movement.

LOL no I actually do a full ROM knees to chest, I will not bullshit you on that, not a bullshitter here no need for me to lie, if I lie I would only be lying to myself.

But back to the rack deads, maybe I have a shorter torso than you but when I place the bar over my knees my ROM is extremely limited.

Take a look here, I had to put the bar over my knees since I did not have full ROM on my pelvis. I don't do them this way anymore as my pelvis is, at least I would like to believe, 100% healed.

But notice the short distance. Is your torso long?

c306tDtN-Ts

Mac
04-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Nice video. That music doesn't fit you.

My arms are much shorter than yours in proportion with my torso and I do get more ROM than you are in that video. The bar is almost exactly where you have it here but I have to bend down further to reach it.

bodyhard
04-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Nice video. That music doesn't fit you.

My arms are much shorter than yours in proportion with my torso and I do get more ROM than you are in that video. The bar is almost exactly where you have it here but I have to bend down further to reach it.

The song that was actually playing in the gym was some Britney Spears bullshit so my son just put that one in place when he made the video.

So that would explains it, if you have to bend further down than your ROM should be right. I am short 5'8" so with the bar over my knees my ROM is extremely short.

Mac
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
So that would explains it, if you have to bend further down than your ROM should be right. I am short 5'8" so with the bar over my knees my ROM is extremely short.

Yes, it's all good and I sure as hell can feel it today.

You WILL see the results of my hard work at the Pittsburgh show, if you're going. No, I won't be competing, just cheering on Baldie, Ax, Esplindido, HDG and anyone else from RX that will be in the show.

5'8" isn't short to me. If I stand on a dime I still won't make 5'6

bodyhard
04-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Yes, it's all good and I sure as hell can feel it today.

You WILL see the results of my hard work at the Pittsburgh show, if you're going. No, I won't be competing, just cheering on Baldie, Ax, Esplindido, HDG and anyone else from RX that will be in the show.

5'8" isn't short to me. If I stand on a dime I still won't make 5'6

I should be able to make it out, really want to see Baldie do his thing! I got mad respect for that man, doing this shit at 70 years of age!

Last year I went to see OldSup, Heavy D and Carl another friend of ours perform and that is where I got to meet Baldie in person.

Mac
04-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I crushed my shoulders today. Had a great workout. Not a soul in the free weight area, I love this fucking gym during the day.

Db Press set - 2-3-5
I do one arm at a time. Do 2 reps - count to 3 - do 3 reps - count to 5 - do five reps.

65lbs. - 6 sets lots of volume 60 total reps @ 65lbs.
The last set was really tough to make it to the 10 reps.

Front DB raise - palms down
25/10 35/8 35/8

Rear delts on low cable
60/10 70/8

Rear delts - straight arm
40/12 - squeeze and hold at top

Rear delt machine
90/12 90/10

Cybex shoulder press machine
90/12 90/10 90/10

Goal posts - DB
20/10 20/10 20/8 fast pace

Two sets of shoulder rotations - 15 reps.

Tried to do some lateral raises but I was fried. Time for some protein.

Posing and lots of flexing between sets.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I might have to get the hotel to throw a futon on the floor for John. He sure had a grand time the Nationals last year.

Mac those celery seed extracts are still working. If I take 3 x 75mg spread way out seems to keep BP around the 130/70 range. Oh...and those rhomboid stretches are grrrrrrrrrrr 8.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
04-01-2010, 04:26 PM
and Mac we have some HOT masters ladies doing the figure/fitness thing.
There are at least 6 of us entering.

Baldie

HeavyDutyGuy
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
There are at least 6 of us entering.

Baldie
Oh??

Mac
04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I might have to get the hotel to throw a futon on the floor for John. He sure had a grand time the Nationals last year.

Mac those celery seed extracts are still working. If I take 3 x 75mg spread way out seems to keep BP around the 130/70 range. Oh...and those rhomboid stretches are grrrrrrrrrrr 8.

Baldie

I have to call and see about getting a room. I wonder if they're all gone by now.

Glad to know the BP is under control, that's great.

Mac
04-01-2010, 06:58 PM

I already have a HOT lady. :yep:

Mac
04-02-2010, 06:42 AM
John, shown below is a good indicator of how I do my rack pulls. Notice the angles in the stick diagram. I use the one on the right. The picture shows the form I use but it's about an inch higher than where I start from.

bodyhard
04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
John, shown below is a good indicator of how I do my rack pulls. Notice the angles in the stick diagram. I use the one on the right. The picture shows the form I use but it's about an inch higher than where I start from.

Ahh great description I see where you are getting at!

Mac
04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Power rack squats - bar below belt = full squat depth
Hole blasters - i start squatting from the bottom position and go up
135/10 225/10 255/5 275/5 300/1 negative on last reps sink to pin under control

at Pin 5 - bar just above navel height - about 3/4 squat
300/10

Adductors
190/10 6 sets. Had trouble making the 10th reps on 4-5-6 set legs feel fried

Hacks to parallel - these feel very uncomfortable in my hips and the sled is heavy.
2 plates each side
12 10 10 10
plus 10 half reps at the end of each set
1p rock bottom 10

Calves seated single leg
55/10 90/8 100/4 45/15 45/12

My legs are weak. Time to step up the hacks and full squats. The fucking leg press was made for a god damned giant. I have to do a calf raise to get it off the pins holding the sled up cause I am vertically challenged. Kind of makes it difficult to load up the plates.

I was going to mow the lawn, but I am having hard time walking up the steps, so it will have to wait for another day. Going go work in the yard, its 80 degrees in OH. About fucking time the warm weather got here.

Wetdawg
04-04-2010, 07:56 PM
MacT - Is there something I'm missing by doing my Deads from the floor? I don't go over 300lbs in weight as I have a hyrniated Disk in my lower back. It has taken me 2 years to build up to this weight. I have heard of rack deads, but at my gym there is no one to ask, I rarely see anyone doing deads at all. Should I switch up to Rack deads for saftey? Ease on the back?
Thanks
WD

Mac
04-04-2010, 08:07 PM
i don't think you're missing anything. By all means do deads from the floor if you feel comfortable doing them, albeit it at a lighter weight.

Doing rack deads with a herniated disk might not be a good idea as it allows you to use more weight than what you would pull from the floor. You do have less ROM and could potentially be at lesser risk of injury doing as shown above, but you normally use more weight.

Nobody is doing them in your gym because when done right, they're fucking hard to do. Most people avoid hard work.

I do both full and [partial] rack deads.

Wetdawg
04-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks MacT. I will do a couple of sets of rack deads and see how it goees. I start out low weight until I get the Movement down, then build up. I got hit by a car at 21 years old (Still hate 1978 Chevettes) and stayed away from Deads/Squats. But as I get older, I figure better time then ever, have not looked back.
I have Trainers in my Gym telling me that you don't need to do deads, you will hurt yourself. I remind them that they train old woman and I'm bigger than they are.

axioma
04-05-2010, 08:31 AM
i don't think you're missing anything. By all means do deads from the floor if you feel comfortable doing them, albeit it at a lighter weight.

Doing rack deads with a herniated disk might not be a good idea as it allows you to use more weight than what you would pull from the floor. You do have less ROM and could potentially be at lesser risk of injury doing as shown above, but you normally use more weight.

Nobody is doing them in your gym because when done right, they're fucking hard to do. Most people avoid hard work.

I do both full and [partial] rack deads.

I agree, however alot of it is determined by your physiology and structure. "Where do you want to work?" I don't have a problem with lower back thickness, I need it across the mid and upper back. Rack pulls seemed to hit that area better. Yes, you can use more weight, however I think most people just pay less attention to form in the rack, get sloppier. I like to make a point of making sure my shoulders are behind the bar and lean back as I pull up. I have ruptured disc and racks give me more control.

Mac
04-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Chest

Dec unilateral chest press
45/20 90/5 135/5 180/3 140/10 140/6 115/10 115/10

Cable-Cross overs
80/10 80/10 100/10 120/7 90/10

Inc db fly
40/10 50/10 60/8

Cybex Inc press
100/12 120/10 140/6

Db flat fly
35/12 35/10

A good workout. Gained a lb. or two in the last couple of days by eating too much food. Bulking up for Vegas.

Two new PRs shown in bold.

axioma
04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
unbelievable weight on x-overs, that is why your chest is so freaky.

Mac
04-08-2010, 11:32 PM
unbelievable weight on x-overs, that is why your chest is so freaky.

My chest is freaky?

If I use much more weight it will be lifting me up in the air.

Today's workout was walking the Las Vegas strip and swimming in the pool. Suffering from too much sun and sunburn on my bald head.

blu2xtreme
04-09-2010, 01:08 AM
My chest is freaky?

If I use much more weight it will be lifting me up in the air.

Today's workout was walking the Las Vegas strip and swimming in the pool. Suffering from too much sun and sunburn on my bald head.

I did promise warm weather for you didn't I :)

Hope your enjoying your stay!

Mac
04-09-2010, 08:42 PM
We had a great time. We want to move to Arizona some day. Our vacation was short but very enjoyable.

Thanks for the warm weather in Vegas. We came back to snow in Ohio.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Where did you stay in Vegas? Some cool gyms there to train and play in. When George Eiffernman was a live I loved visiting with him at his Vegas gym. I'd switch between there and Golds East gym.

Baldie

Mac
04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
We stayed at Harrahs, but for only 4 days. I saw the Gold's Gym on Las Vegas Blvd. but didn't have the time to go train there.

On the way to the Grand Canyon, thru AZ out in the middle of nowhere, I got pulled over by the AZ State Police going 86mph. The trooper told me 85mph was a criminal offense. I was shitting my pants thinking I was getting hauled off to jail. Dar got it all on video of me in standing in front of the troopers car. The luck of the Irish [Dar] was with me as he let me off with a warning. Oh my fucking god, I was in shock for hours thinking what could have happened. Lost license, lost insurance, $$$$, jail.

I am ready to hit the weights tomorrow after my long time-off. 5 days is a long time.

Mac
04-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Triceps - that's all I did. I managed to set a new PR in pushdowns on the cable and seated tri pushdowns. Didn't make it to the gym until 8pm, and the gym was empty.

Tri pushdowns on cable
150/10 175/8 185/6 200/6 200/4 150/10 150/10

Lying one arm db ext
50/6 50/5 35/18

Seated tris - dips
195/10 210/6 135/15

Standing DB tri-ext
25x18 - to failure

My triceps were really pumped, biggest I have ever seen them. The one person in the gym commented on my arms as I was leaving. That kind of shit always makes it worth while.

Baldiewonkanobi
04-11-2010, 12:01 PM
A GOLDEN MOMENT :yep:

Baldie

Mac
04-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Today's workout was Back. I set a new PR in Rack deads @505lbs but missed 525. DB rows felt really strong. Hardest part was lifting the DBs to the top shelf in the rack when I was done.

Rack Deads - from just above knees
135/8 225/8 315/3 404/3 455/1 505/1 525 missed

At knees = standing on thick 45lb plates. ~ 1 3/4"
315/8 225/10 shrug and hold

Db rows
100/5 130/5 140/5 150/8 7 left arm

One arm pulldowns on high cable
150/12 160/10r 8l 175/6r 5l

Rear delt machine
115/10 115/8 - triceps are toasted making these hard

Straigt arm pulldowns from high cable
110/12 110/8 - really feel it in my tris, not my back

Baldiewonkanobi
04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
DB rows.....:hypno:

I gotta go back to the drawing board. Glad I don't often post my poundages.....

Baldie

Mac
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
DB rows.....:hypno:

I gotta go back to the drawing board. Glad I don't often post my poundages.....

You just post an absurd number of plates instead.

axioma
04-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Today's workout was Back. I set a new PR in Rack deads @505lbs but missed 525. DB rows felt really strong. Hardest part was lifting the DBs to the top shelf in the rack when I was done.

Db rows

Rear delt machine

:yep: nice! Try bending over at the waist, flaring the elbows out, don't bar higher than chin...keep it low as a finisher.

bodyhard
04-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Db rows

Rear delt machine

Nice!

Mac
04-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Nice!

Thanks John and Ax. I can sure feel the effects from that workout. Big time! But my back is thicker and wider because of it.

Mac
04-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Was going to do legs today but my right leg/knee doesn't feel right. Going to postpone them until tomorrow.

I set a new PR again in cable crossovers, probably because I did them first instead of the 3 exercise.

Chest

Cable crossovers
50/20 90/8 120/8 130/5 90/10 90/12

Incline db fly
45/10 75/5 75/5

Decline unilateral bench = weight each side
90/12 135/8 185/1 135/8

Db flat fly - deep hold to count of 3
35/12 35/10 35/8

Dips
16 15 15

Chest press
110/10 120/8

bodyhard
04-15-2010, 12:06 PM
MAC new AV is sick, I am assuming that is a recent pic no? How much are you weighing now?

Mac
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
MAC new AV is sick, I am assuming that is a recent pic no? How much are you weighing now?

Thanks John,

That picture is from Nov 2008. I am about 160 now, about 10% BF by my estimation. I am bigger and leaner this time of year than the year that picture was taken. I am planning on my peak condition at the end of September.

bodyhard
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks John,

That picture is from Nov 2008. I am about 160 now, about 10% BF by my estimation. I am bigger and leaner this time of year than the year that picture was taken. I am planning on my peak condition at the end of September.

How tall are you again?

Mac
04-15-2010, 12:28 PM
How tall are you again?

According to Derek Fuckin' Anthony, I am a midget at 5' 5"

bodyhard
04-15-2010, 12:31 PM

LMFAO you had a run in with DA as well? :D

Mac
04-15-2010, 12:46 PM
LMFAO you had a run in with DA as well? :D

Who hasn't. He even attacks your mother and kids in his posts.

What a tool.

Anyways, you look like your ready to kick some ass and take no names in your new avi.

bodyhard
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Who hasn't. He even attacks your mother and kids in his posts.

What a tool.

Anyways, you look like your ready to kick some ass and take no names in your new avi.

I had my run in with him we live close to each other so it got a little ugly as we both have extremely short tempers, and I don't back down from nobody, lets just say, nothing happen.

The new Avi was taken yesterday it is how I feel right now, head down, leave me the fuck alone and let me do me!

Mac
04-15-2010, 02:58 PM
You met up with him in person? I wish someone would set his ass straight. Most of his shit was an act to stir up controversy, but he went too far, too many times.

Mac
04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Legs -

Single leg press - pin 1 - rock bottom
95/10 135/10 155/10 175/10 195/5l 4r

Pin 5 half rep
195/20. 235/10

Hacks weight each side
45/10 70/10 80/10 90/10

Adductor
140/20 190/15 213/13 220/12

Leg Curls
3 sets

SLDL - went light as I haven't done these in a very long time
135/12 155/10 175/10

bodyhard
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
You met up with him in person? I wish someone would set his ass straight. Most of his shit was an act to stir up controversy, but he went too far, too many times.

No never got to that, I was going to go to his house, to hit the one deep, with my boys of course and strapped, to make sure nobody jumped in or nothing popped off. I have no idea what or who he has in his hood, one thing lead to another and the shit calmed down.

But one thing is for sure I had my boys ready to go to Long Island in a heartbeat.

I doubt DA is afraid of me or anyone for that matter, but I guess we both new that this shit was getting ugly fast. We have a mutual respect for one another as we are a lot alike when it comes to fighting.

joedemarco
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM

Giant in my book.....lol

Mac
04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Giant in my book.....lol

Welcome to the midget club.

How tall are you Joe?

joedemarco
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the midget club.

How tall are you Joe?

5'4" in real life....6'1" on internet dating sites....haha

Mac
04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
5'4" in real life....6'1" on internet dating sites....haha

Gotcha, e-stats. You got to love them. There is a reason my mother always told me as a child to stand up straight, she knew I would be vertically challenged from the start.

Mac
04-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Biceps
Cable curls
90/20 150/10 160/6 170/5 180/4 110/15

Cable two arm Rev curls
70/10 90/8

Cable Single arm Rev curls
30/12 30/10

DB Wrist curls
40/20 40/20 40/18

DB concentration curls
40/12 40/15 40/12

Baldiewonkanobi
04-16-2010, 05:11 PM

Who pray tell is 'DA' ??

Baldie

Mac
04-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Who pray tell is 'DA' ??

You haven't run across Derek Anthony here on RX ? Mr. Ghinny himself, the Internet King, Mr. synthol arms and calves.

Here is his thread DA Q & A

Hammerfit
04-17-2010, 07:54 AM
You do look great man! I really appreciate seeing other 50 yr olds doing there thing. For sure in bodybuilding its a good thing being shorter! Im 6'-0" so it makes it hard to make the quads look like anything other than long twigs!
Are you going to Pitt? Hope to see ya there. If I qual that is.
Did you compete there last year? The guy from ATL was amazing I forgot his name.

Hammer

Mac
04-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks Hammer. I haven't competed in 22+ years. I did 4 NPC shows, so that qualifies me for the Masters. We do plan on going to cheer on all the RX masters.

I would gladly trade you height, while being short for BB is a plus, it has it's disadvantages. For once in my life it would be great for people to look up at me, vs. down.

Keep hitting the iron hard and see you in Pittsburgh.

bodyhard
04-17-2010, 09:52 AM
OK don't fuck with me, that is definitely you now right? In the AV?

Mac
04-17-2010, 10:00 AM
No John, I am not in that condition right now. That was last summer. The only recent pics of me is here

bodyhard
04-17-2010, 10:52 AM
No John, I am not in that condition right now. That was last summer. The only recent pics of me is here (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showpost.php?p=905684&postcount=386)

Ahh OK I saw those, I commented on it not being you as you hid your face, remember? :D

Mac
04-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Ahh OK I saw those, I commented on it not being you as you hid your face, remember? :D

Yep, I remember now. See what will happen when you get older!

Mac
04-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Well, I was going to go do shoulders, but Dar got hold of me and now I want to have a smoke, but I don't smoke. Maybe I should go take a nap and sleep it off.

Oh fuck it, off to the gym I go.

Mac
04-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Shoulders day. I just love to do them, they blow up and make me look big like the rest of you master blasters.

Set a couple new PRs on DB press. Never did the 100lb DB before.

DB press - full ROM - one arm at a time. I bring DB down to where my hand is as low as it will go, palms in, then turn outward as I go up.
50/8 85/6 100/1 60/15 60/14

DB Side lateral fly - one arm at a time
40/13 50/6
two arms - with hold at top for 3 count
25/10 25/10

Goal posts
20/10 20/10 20/10

Front db raise palms down
35/10

Cable front fly
30/12

Rear delt machine
75/20 135/8 150/5

3 sets of 20 shoulder rotations to stretch and balance the delts and keep me injury free. That's the plan anyways.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-17-2010, 04:28 PM
No John, I am not in that condition right now. That was last summer. The only recent pics of me is here (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showpost.php?p=905684&postcount=386)
You look great in those- shoulders look WAY rounder (Ok I know your not shredded yet, but still...

Mac
04-17-2010, 05:03 PM
You look great in those- shoulders look WAY rounder (Ok I know your not shredded yet, but still...

Thanks HDG.

My shoulders get one hell of a pump, especially the rear and sides. I wasn't pumped in my current avatar and it's not showing my delts all that well. I was testing out the Protan, but in the end, never had the chance to compete.

Mac
04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I set a couple new PRs today. Great pump.

Tri push downs
70/30 150/10 175/8 200/6 210/4 200/8 150/10

Lying db extension
50/7 55/4 40/10

Seated tricep machine
135/20 135/20

Rev tri press down
90/10 90/10 90/10

French curl with DB - behind head
20/20 20/20 20/18

seated calves - one leg at a time
45x15 70x12 90x8

ab crunches on cable with rope
150x20 150x20 150x18

10 minutes of 4 incline 3.5mph on treadmill

gman
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Sorry I have been remiss about keeping up with you MT. Tax season is over, so now I will do better!

Mac
04-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Sorry I have been remiss about keeping up with you MT. Tax season is over, so now I will do better!

Thanks for stopping by Mike. Hope you're doing better.

axioma
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Shoulders day. I just love to do them, they blow up and make me look big like the rest of you master blasters.

Set a couple new PRs on DB press. Never did the 100lb DB before.

DB press - full ROM - one arm at a time. I bring DB down to where my hand is as low as it will go, palms in, then turn outward as I go up.
50/8 85/6 100/1 60/15 60/14

DB Side lateral fly - one arm at a time
40/13 50/6
two arms - with hold at top for 3 count
25/10 25/10

Goal posts
20/10 20/10 20/10

Front db raise palms down
35/10

Cable front fly
30/12

Rear delt machine
75/20 135/8 150/5

3 sets of 20 shoulder rotations to stretch and balance the delts and keep me injury free. That's the plan anyways.

1. on the one arm db press, are you holding the other 100# in hand, while pressing the other? You alternate one then the other?
2. what are goal posts?
3. one arm laterals, you holding on the something, bracing while you do it? you are a strong dude.

Mac
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
1. on the one arm db press, are you holding the other 100# in hand, while pressing the other? You alternate one then the other?
2. what are goal posts?
3. one arm laterals, you holding on the something, bracing while you do it? you are a strong dude.

Hey Ax,

#1 - no, one at a time. I cannot get two 100# dbs up at the same time. There is a slight lean to the opposite side being worked. Like a Sandow DB Press like shown below.

#2 - i don't know the real name.

hold arms out to side with upper arms parallel to floor like doing a front double bicep but palms forward holding DB

rotate DB forward using upper arms keeping upper arms in position.

# 3 - yes. I usually hold onto the back of an incline bench, off to one side and keep my shoulders level as I can.

axioma
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Gotcha, thanks.

Mac
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Chest - one new PR in decline press

Dec unilateral chest press - weight each side
45/20 90/8 135/4 160/2 185/1 190/1 200/1 135/8 90/20

Inc DB fly - real deep, stretch and hold
45/15 45/12

Cable crossovers
70/18 80/13 100/10 110/10

Cybex Inc press
140/7 140/7 140/6 drop set 40lbs 5

Dips - bodyweight
15 14 18

10 minutes of cardio - 3.5mph walk 2 incline

Mac
04-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Today's workout was biceps. Set a PR in cable curls in reps and max weight used. arms were swollen with veins popping everywhere. Fast paced with high intensity.

Cable curls
90/20 150/10 175/11 185/6

Rope curls
70/20 100/10 100/10

Reverse cable curls
100/8 90/10 90/10

Life fitness arm curl machine. 1. Arm - pump with some forced reps
30/20 30/18 30/22

Baldiewonkanobi
04-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Pound for pound you move around some hellacious weights. The one arm press boggles my mind. Do you give it some body english or just a smooth hydraulic like....press?

Baldie

Mac
04-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Pound for pound you move around some hellacious weights. The one arm press boggles my mind. Do you give it some body english or just a smooth hydraulic like....press?

Nice and smooth is the way I do it. I am sure I could do the 120s with some jerking. I do have to lean slightly to one side or I might fall over.

My weights are pussified compared to what some of these other guys do.

Mac
04-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Today's workout was legs. My lower back didn't feel so good when doing the hacks. It got better as I went on. Set new PR in adductors after piling on extra weight to the stack. Hacks went up as I expected since I have not been doing these much.

Hacks - weight is on each side
45/10 70/10 100/10 115/10 125/15 half reps 45/15 deep slow

Adductors
130/20 190/15 215/15 233/12 240/10 250/7 190/10

Leg curls
75/20 120/10 135/9 150/5 dropset 75/15. Fried hams

Lunges 3 levels 20 reps each level
60 reps total

Stiff legged deads
135/12 185/6 205/6 225/6

Seated calf - one leg
45/12 90/8 100/5

seated calf - two legs - 100/20 burn - deep stretch hold at top and bottom

15 minutes cardio walk on treadmill - 3.5 speed 2.0 incline

Mac
04-25-2010, 03:35 PM
It was a good day to do shoulders. Set one new PR in DB press and increased weight in rear delt machines.

Db press
45/20 85/7 70/12 70/9 45/28 to failure

Goal posts - these really toasted my shoulders
25/10 25/9 25/9

Cable laterals
30/15 very slow negs. Hold at top
40/10

Rear delt
105/12 150/8 158/6 90/12

Baldiewonkanobi
04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
It was a good day to do shoulders. Set one new PR in DB press and increased weight in rear delt machines.

Db press
45/20 85/7 70/12 70/9 45/28 to failure

Goal posts - these really toasted my shoulders
25/10 25/9 25/9

Cable laterals
30/15 very slow negs. Hold at top
40/10

Rear delt
105/12 150/8 158/6 90/12

OK i'm new to this....goal posts ?

Baldie

Mac
04-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Ax asked this question up the page. i don't know the real name, so I gave it one. My arms are held up, looking like a goal post with DB in each hand.

hold arms out to side with upper arms parallel to floor like doing a front double bicep but palms forward holding DB.

rotate DB forward at the elbows keeping upper arms in position, parallel with floor.

Can you tell me the real name?

Mac
04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Triceps day. New PR in one arm rope triceps pushdown for 1RM and reps of 130lbs. Pretty soon I will do the whole stack.

Rope 1 arm pushdowns
50/12 100/6 130/3 140/1 90/15 90/12 70/12

Rev tri
50/12 50/10 50/10

Lying tri db ext
40/8 25/15. Toasted triceps

Seated triceps
150/12 210/7 225/4 135/17

10 minutes of cardio. 3.5 speed 3 incline

gman
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
good work frying the tris....

I would call that exercise two posts up "shoulder wreckers". I just did that motion with no weight and it stressed my shoulders!

Mac
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
good work frying the tris....

I would call that exercise two posts up "shoulder wreckers". I just did that motion with no weight and it stressed my shoulders!

Sounds better than goal posts.

I started doing these two years ago. Within a few months I noticed several others doing them too. I asked one guy what they're called and he said, "I don't know the name of them, as I only saw you doing them and I wanted shoulders like yours."

That made my month!

Baldiewonkanobi
04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Ax asked this question up the page. i don't know the real name, so I gave it one. My arms are held up, looking like a goal post with DB in each hand.

hold arms out to side with upper arms parallel to floor like doing a front double bicep but palms forward holding DB.

rotate DB forward at the elbows keeping upper arms in position, parallel with floor.

Can you tell me the real name?

HRCs???

HELLO Rotator Cuff

Baldie

gman
04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I guess if you started with bodyweight and worked up slowly to light db's, they probably would be good for your shoulders! I just feel almost a binding sensation in my right shoulder on the tip top of my side delt area

Mac
04-26-2010, 05:14 PM
HRCs???

HELLO Rotator Cuff

LOL

I like Mikey's name for them. I started doing these as part of a shoulder injury rehab. Started using 10lb DB and have gone up to 30s. With the lighter weights I rotate my arms forward until the upper arm is parallel to my body.

Mac
04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
I guess if you started with bodyweight and worked up slowly to light db's, they probably would be good for your shoulders! I just feel almost a binding sensation in my right shoulder on the tip top of my side delt area

I bet you have trouble waxing that car of yours too!

Mine make some snaps and pops doing them without weight. No pain however. It sure does pump up the shoulders.

joedemarco
04-26-2010, 09:00 PM
That's funny...I've never heard a name for them but "goal post" sounds good. I use that exercise almost everyday as a warm-up. I just grab 5 pound plates and do a bunch of reps. It really gets the blood in the muscle. I'll have to try them heavier some day as a regular exercise.

axioma
04-27-2010, 02:37 PM
LOL

I like Mikey's name for them. I started doing these as part of a shoulder injury rehab. Started using 10lb DB and have gone up to 30s. With the lighter weights I rotate my arms forward until the upper arm is parallel to my body.

actually work more than just the rotator cuff, really hit the subscapularis. If the subscap is frozen or glued down, you can never really get the most out of the front lat spread, or rear dbl bicep. Great to do the reverse of the move with a band or cable: start in the upright position and PULL forward into the palm down position. Thanks mac

Mac
04-28-2010, 08:52 AM
actually work more than just the rotator cuff, really hit the subscapularis. If the subscap is frozen or glued down, you can never really get the most out of the front lat spread, or rear dbl bicep. Great to do the reverse of the move with a band or cable: start in the upright position and PULL forward into the palm down position. Thanks mac

It's a great all around shoulder exercise and when I do them, everything pops out, even my traps get in on the action.

I have never used any bands during my training. Maybe I should pick some up.

Mac
04-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I got back to Ohio after a two day trip to PA. Damned grass grows too quick this time of year so I had to take some extra time to get the 1 acre of land mowed and trimmed. When in Erie, I no longer have a gym membership and it drives me crazy after two days of not working out.

Today was chest and I set two new PRs, one in cable crossovers and the other in decline chest press on reps.

Dec unilateral press - weight on each side
45/20 90/10 135/10 180/1 190/1 135/10 90/15

Inc DB press - palms facing in, full ROM to shoulders
45/15 60/10 70/9 80/5 85/3

Cable crossovers
90/10 130/7

hold at maximum stretch for 2 seconds
80/12 80/10

Cybex Inc press
150/7 160/4 170/1 1 neg 100/12 deep hold

Bw dips
20 18 16

joedemarco
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Is the decline unilateral press some type of machine? If so, what brand of machine is it?

Mac
04-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Is the decline unilateral press some type of machine? If so, what brand of machine is it?

Hi Joe. I believe it's a Cybex like this one.

joedemarco
04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Gotcha. Thanks, Mac!

Mac
04-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Today's workout was back. Didn't have a lot of energy today and my allergies were getting to me. But I managed to still lift some weights. No PRs today!

Rack deads from just above the knee
135/12 225/8 315/5 405/3 425/3

Below knee - explosive up slow neg
315/8 225/12 225/12

Db rows
130/10. Grip gone

Wide grip Lat pulldowns -
150/10 3 sets

one arm high cable pds
110/12 3 sets

straight arm pull downs
110/10 3 sets

That's all. I was very tired. Don't know why.

Hammerfit
05-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Today's workout was back. Didn't have a lot of energy today and my allergies were getting to me. But I managed to still lift some weights. No PRs today!

Rack deads from just above the knee
135/12 225/8 315/5 405/3 425/3

Below knee - explosive up slow neg
315/8 225/12 225/12

Db rows
130/10. Grip gone

Wide grip Lat pulldowns -
150/10 3 sets

one arm high cable pds
110/12 3 sets

straight arm pull downs
110/10 3 sets

That's all. I was very tired. Don't know why.

rest up bro

Mac
05-01-2010, 08:20 AM
rest up bro

Thanks Hammer. I am rested up and ready to hit the iron.

Mac
05-01-2010, 01:23 PM
What a difference a day makes. Today was a great day for new PRs in tricep training. While I feel like I am going to get sick, much like after a big leg workout, this one was intense.

Tri rope 1 arm rope pushdowns
50/15 100/6 150/1 130/5 90/17 - i finally did the entire stack - with one arm.

Tri pushdowns two arms
200/10 215/4 225/1 130/23 120/13

Rev tri pd 1 arm
60/10 60/10 60/10

Seated tri pushdown machine
225/8 240/6 255/6

Lying tricep DB ext
30/12 30/10

Ab rope crunch
150/20 175/13 175/15

Ab machine
80/20 - that's all I am spent

Baldiewonkanobi
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Is it true that MacTech in Swahili means ZANE? Comeon...reveal thy self.

Baldie

Mac
05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Is it true that MacTech in Swahili means ZANE? Comeon...reveal thy self.

Baldie

Hello my bald brother.

Zane is my idol, in BB only. He seems to be a schmuck in real life.

Wait till you see my vacuum pose done in true Zane-ness! Maybe that's zaniness.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-01-2010, 04:26 PM
vacuum pose? - I feel like bowing down or washing your car. ..lol. I am working on that too.. Zane was a master technician, and awesome competitor and a great bodybuilder... as a person seemed a bit aloof and cold.. the one time i saw him. too short a time to judge. adopt his ideas but be YOU doing them.. that sounds like a formidable packakge..

Mac
05-01-2010, 04:31 PM
vacuum pose? - I feel like bowing down or washing your car. ..lol. I am working on that too.. Zane was a master technician, and awesome competitor and a great bodybuilder... as a person seemed a bit aloof and cold.. the one time i saw him. too short a time to judge. adopt his ideas but be YOU doing them.. that sounds like a formidable packakge..

You can't do a vacuum pose James?

I practiced it for years and can nail it now. No need to bow. Shit, it goes the other way bowing to you.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Lol I can do one- but not anywhere near Zane's- yet-..going pic hunting- will show the two best IMO..

HeavyDutyGuy
05-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Ok the best two- pure vacuum poses IMO--- others such as Robby, Arnold, Ellington Darden, etc had great vaccums- but in other poses such as front DB or side chest... theesetwwo show the great vacuums, wide whoulders, small waist and hips to pull it off...

Mac
05-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Great pics James. The top one of Zane is among my all time favorite.

Mac
05-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Today was biceps. Should have done legs but I am having an issue with my left hip. It's very tight and causing some grief to one of my boys. Feels like something a chiropractor could fix.

Set some new PRs in standing cable curls. I felt strong but a bit tired.

Standing Cable curls

90/10 150/6 185/6 200/2 130/24 130/15

one arm concentration curls db
45/12 45/10 45/10

Seated Inc DB curls
30/12 30/10

Rev curls - cable
100/10 100/10 70/16

DB Wrist curls
45/15 45/15 45/15

DB reverse curls
15/15

Machine curls 1 arm
30/20

10 minutes treadmill 4 incline 3.5 speed.

MsGuns
05-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Whats up Mac!

Mac
05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Whats up Mac!

Same old stuff here Drex. How are you doing?

Thanks for stopping by and checking up on me.

Time for some cardio.

MsGuns
05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Same old stuff here Drex. How are you doing?

Thanks for stopping by and checking up on me.

Time for some cardio.

Im hanging...a lil sore...did the www.warriordash.com (http://www.warriordash.com) this past weekend.
My hip, legs, sides hurt...lol
I hope your cardio went well...I hate cardio during prep...lol

axioma
05-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey Mac, hope it is going well. You really look like vince gironda in your latest avi. I have had some hip flexor issues with deep squats/presses. Let me know how it works out.

Mac
05-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for checking up with me Ax.

Still have the issues in my hip causing me some nerve pain, down into the groin and leg. I also think the incline treadmill aggrevates this because I logged the same condition two years ago in my journal.

Vince Gironda? Time to change my avi.

Hammerfit
05-05-2010, 09:00 AM

ok hate to invade on your thread but this EXACTLY the problem Im having too...rotator and rear delt torn fu...up my front lat spread I cant roll my shoulders forward enough.......advice?

Mac
05-05-2010, 09:04 AM
I find that doing shoulder rotation exercises with a bar from the front to the back keeps better balance on all the muscles in the shoulders.

Need to use a wide grip and shrug your shoulders as the bar goes over the top of your head, keep the arms straight.

bodyhard
05-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Just checking in on the Journals as I am up early today!

Mac
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Just checking in on the Journals as I am up early today!

Hey brother. Hope you're doing well. I watch your journal but don't want to muddy it up with my comments. Like what the fuck happened to your face in your Avi? You don't want anybody to see how good looking you are or what? :dunno:

bodyhard
05-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey brother. Hope you're doing well. I watch your journal but don't want to muddy it up with my comments. Like what the fuck happened to your face in your Avi? You don't want anybody to see how good looking you are or what? :dunno:

LOL I wish :D

I posted those pics on another site and like an idiot I saved them so now the originals are like that.

gman
05-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I find that doing shoulder rotation exercises with a bar from the front to the back keeps better balance on all the muscles in the shoulders.

Need to use a wide grip and shrug your shoulders as the bar goes over the top of your head, keep the arms straight.

how far back should you be able to go once you pass the back of your head? If far, I have serious flexibility issues.

Mac
05-05-2010, 10:51 AM
how far back should you be able to go once you pass the back of your head? If far, I have serious flexibility issues.

Rotate all the way until it touches your back, equal to where you start on the front. I start at chest level. Don't keep a real tight grip on the bar.

gman
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Rotate all the way until it touches your back, equal to where you start on the front. I start at chest level. Don't keep a real tight grip on the bar.

I need to see that, I can't go past about 45 degrees in the back just doing it with no bar here at my desk!

Mac
05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Today's workout was shoulders. I put off legs for another day, hopefully tomorrow as my hip/lower back is still giving me grief.

New PR in DB press, up one rep in 85lbs and 2 reps @ 75

Db press
40/20 85/8 75/12

Cable laterals
30/12 40/10 50/10

Db laterals
40/10 40/16 40/12

Front raise
30/12 35/12 40/10

Rear delt machine
120x12 150x8

Mac
05-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Here is a video showing the exercise I call goal posts. No, it's not me doing the exercise.

I do a slight variation towards the end of each set which is to continue rotating my arms down further, as far as they go, while keeping the elbows fixed.

Goal Posts

Mac
05-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Here is the other exercise I do for warming up shoulders and keep good flexibility.

I place my hands a little wider than is shown here.

This is also not me, I am not that tall.

WcRQUAE5-SA&

Hammerfit
05-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Here is the other exercise I do for warming up shoulders and keep good flexibility.

I place my hands a little wider than is shown here.

This is also not me, I am not that tall.

WcRQUAE5-SA&

I do this one almost everyday! I try to do at least one sets of 25-50 reps before starting any exercise that include the delts I like to place my hands on the ends of the PVC (facing in) My roto is already torn up pretty good if I didnt do these and a variation of the goal post I prob would b out of the game rt now

Mac
05-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I like to place my hands on the ends of the PVC (facing in)

Exactly how I do them with a bar where my hands are at the very ends. I also do a variation of the wand half=pass thru shown from this same site.

Can't say I do them every day, and I should.

gman
05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
there is no way on God's green earth I could ever do those.

bodyhard
05-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Today's workout was shoulders. I put off legs for another day, hopefully tomorrow as my hip/lower back is still giving me grief.

New PR in DB press, up one rep in 85lbs and 2 reps @ 75

Db press
40/20 85/8 75/12

Cable laterals
30/12 40/10 50/10

Db laterals
40/10 40/16 40/12

Front raise
30/12 35/12 40/10

Rear delt machine
120x12 150x8

Nice workout man!

Question 40lbs seems a lot for side laterals do you swing them up or are you using strict form?

Mac
05-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Nice workout man!

Question 40lbs seems a lot for side laterals do you swing them up or are you using strict form?

Thanks John.

I use good form, not strict, certainly not swinging. However, I do one arm at a time which allows slightly more weight to be used than two at a time. I start with the DB in front of me, leaning slightly forward and raise it so my hand is equal to the top of my head.

Mac
05-06-2010, 01:00 PM
there is no way on God's green earth I could ever do those.

You should start before you get old and have no mobility in your shoulders.

I am sure you can do them with a bar of the correct length.

Mac
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I managed to finally do legs and did so without any pain in my lower back/hip. Increased weight and reps on the hacks, adductors and leg curls.

Hacks - full to bottom - weight is each side
45/12 90/10 100/10 120/10

Half reps hacks
135/22 45/40 half reps - constant tension

Adductor
130/25 190/20 215/15 253/12 253/8 190/6 ouch - spasm in the taint area

Leg curls
90/12 150/8 165/5 1/2 reps at end 75/30

Lunges - BW - 3 heights 20 reps each
60 reps total each leg

HeavyDutyGuy
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Do you go ATG on Hacks- or just a decent ROM? please no taint area talk......lol. standing or walking lunges?

Mac
05-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Do you go ATG on Hacks- or just a decent ROM? please no taint area talk......lol. standing or walking lunges?

I go all the way down on the Hacks for most all sets. I also do some at the end with more weight and 1/2 ROM.

The lunges I do standing, placing my leg at 3 different levels, doing 20 reps at each level.

Mac
05-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Today's workout was triceps. Felt strong with new PR in seated dips and 1arm rope

Tri Pushdowns on cable
110/20 150/6 200/8 200/7

Rope 1 arm
100/10 130/6 80/22 60/20

Rev tri 1 arm
60/13 70/10 70/8

Seated triceps
260/8 260/8 150/22

Mac
05-08-2010, 02:10 PM
A good workout for biceps with some new PRs .

Cable curls
110/12 150/20 200/3 150/10

1 arm
50/20 70/7

Reverse curl cable
40/10 40/10

Seated hammer
30/12 30/12 30/12

Wrist curls 1. Arm
40/20 40/20 50/10 60/6

Rev wrist curl
15/15 20/7

Seated calf 1 leg
45/15 90/10 100/6 45/15 45/15

Ab rope crunch
150/15 150/15 150/15

Mac
05-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Chest day. The gym was empty. There wasn't even anyone behind the desk.

This was day 5 in a row. Trying to be a warrior like that hard ass BH. I managed a new PR in cable cross-overs and after that I felt fried.

Cable Cross overs
60/35 120/10 130/8 80/15 - slow hold at bottom

Bodyweight dips
25 18 20 20

Incline chest press
120/10 160/3 100/12 100/12

Chest press
7 sets 130 reps total, weight not important most sets 20-25 reps

blu2xtreme
05-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Great workout ... would love to be a warrior too...but just hit 3 days in a row :p
I usually shoot for 5 days a week.

Mac
05-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Yesterday's workout was back. I felt tired going to the gym and didn't want to do Rack deads or my favorite one arm bo-rows and lift fuckin heavy like I always do. So I opted to try something different. After I was done, I felt even more tired and ended up having a fever of 101 and pains in my feet, hands and legs. Feel better this morning and no fever.

1 arm pull downs high cable
80/20 120/15 150/10 150/8 150/6

2 arm stiff high cable pulldowns
120/12 130/10 140/10 150/10

Lat pulldowns
100/10 100/10 100/10 - don't know what's up with this as 100lbs felt like 160lbs on the one I usually use. Never used this Lat PD cable before.

Lo pulley rows
160/10 160/10 160/10

Calves - seated one leg at a time
45/20 70/8 95/6

v1hyp
05-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Looks good bro, Keep it up!

axioma
05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Just caught up on your posts. Great job! Always enjoy seeing what you do in your workouts.

Mac
05-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for stopping by V1hyp. We have very similar builds looking at your journal. Good luck in your show. Post here more often.

Thanks Ax, my workouts are never cookie-cutter and I like to use the cables a lot for isolation.

bodyhard
05-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Nice MT! Keep this journal going

Mac
05-14-2010, 07:28 AM
I worked out in the evening yesterday, which is something I rarely do. The mid-afternoon works better for me, as the gym is almost always empty.

My upper lats are EXTREMELY sore from yesterday's workout. Still feel a bit tired and my sinuses are all whacked out from allergies.

I continued with my lighter weight, higher concentration on feeling the muscle style workout. Minimized the rest time between sets.

Bicep cable curls
70/30 150/15 150/10 150/12 - to failure on each set, slow negatives

Db concentration curl - to failure on each set
40/16 40/12 40/10

Seated incline curls
25/15 25/15 25/15

Rev db curls wrist
15/15 20/12 15/12

Db wrist curls
45/15 45/12 45/10

bodyhard
05-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Nice arm workout.

axioma
05-14-2010, 10:14 AM
You know I am using your avi's as my gauge of getting ripped. your density, seperation and cuts are quality. Let's get you back to the stage soon.

Mac
05-15-2010, 08:14 AM
You know I am using your avi's as my gauge of getting ripped. your density, seperation and cuts are quality. Let's get you back to the stage soon.

Thanks Ax. I am hoping to surpass that conditioning by summer's end. I need to put more size in my legs before getting back on stage.

Mac
05-15-2010, 02:11 PM
It's the quest for a bigger Chest day. It's working too. PR again in cable cross overs in reps at max weight.

Cable cross overs
70/10 100/6 140/4 120/12 90/15

Cybex Inc press
140/9 140/9 140/9

Db flat fly
40/12 45/12 50/8

Dips bw
18 16 16 16

Calf raise seated 1 leg
45/22 70/12 105/6

Ab rope crunches 50

Mac
05-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Triceps day. New PR in 10 reps in tricep pushdowns and seated dips.

Tri pushdowns
100/20 200/10 205/6 150/20

Rope high cable 1 arm extension
70/12 50/16

Rev tricep cable press down - arm
70/9 80/6 50/14

French DB curl
25x20 25x15

Seated dips
255/10 255/10

DB Kickbacks
25x12 25x12

Single leg seated calf raise
45x20 90x10 100x8

bodyhard
05-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Staying consistent, this is what is all about...

Mac
05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Staying consistent, this is what is all about...

Consistently sore, tired, injured, hungry and overtrained.

Just kidding. Thanks bro. I am ready to hit the iron after a day of rest.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Consistently sore, tired, injured, hungry and overtrained.

Just kidding. Thanks bro. I am ready to hit the iron after a day of rest.
Well numbers 1, 2,3, and 5 probably mean you are doing it right.. 4 and 6- mean look at what you are doing more closely..

Mac
05-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Well numbers 1, 2,3, and 5 probably mean you are doing it right.. 4 and 6- mean look at what you are doing more closely..

Actually, I have no injuries [ at this time, knock on head ] and energy levels have been pretty good, so I don't feel overtrained.

Mac
05-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Lower weight, higher volume leg training was on today's workout agenda.
All sets @ 15 reps. Weight wasn't as important as the feel. Sets performed with slow negatives.

4 sets of Hacks
4 sets of seated leg curls
4 sets of leg extensions
4 sets of adductors
4 sets of stiff legged deadlifts

Mac
05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Chest - new PRs in cable crossovers and incline DB flies.

Cable crossovers
60/20 100/16 140/6
90/12 ten second hold at bottom x4 reps
70/10 ten second hold at bottom x5 reps

Inc db fly
40/15 55/10 60/10 70/7

Chest press
100 rep total - drop sets
25 rep sets - Starting weight at 140 drop weight at exhaustion

Dips
20 16 12

Chest fly machine
75/15 - fried by this time

Mac
05-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Superset Bis and Tris - I had a great pump with higher volume and lighter weight. Arms were vascular as fuck. Like hoses going through my arms, ok, not the size of a hose, but you get the idea.

Superset 100 rep - 5 sets of 20
Cable curls 1arm
50/20:5

Tri rope extensions
50/20:5

SS
Db cc
45/10 35/15 35/12

Lying tri ex db
45/12 35/15 35/12

Seated dips
150/25:2

Mac
05-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Shoulders - I was a little pressed for time so today's workout was shorter than normal. Celebrating Dar's birthday today, she is 39 again.

Set a couple of new PRs in DB presses, side laterals and rear delt machine.

DB press - one arm at a time
45/20 85/10 65/18

Side laterals
40/15 50/8 25/22

Front DB raise
40/10 30/15

Rear delt machine
105/12 150/10 158/7

MsGuns
05-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey Mac!

bodyhard
05-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Consistency is key man and you my friend stay on it!

Mac
05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey Mac!

Hi Drex, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for stopping by.

Mac
05-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Consistency is key man and you my friend stay on it!

I have to stay on it to be able to kick your ass in the gym. I think you're going to pass me by or you already did.

Mac
05-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Lats - isolation on cables and machines. I blasted past what I have done in the past on these and it felt good.

1 arm pulldowns high cable - stretch at top, rotate hand
100/15 150/15 175/10 195/10

1 arm seated pulldown high cable
150/7 130/10 130/10 130/10

Cybex pullover - i don't like the feel of this
100/8 70/12

Cybex biangular pulldowns
112/10 125/12 137/10 - this I liked, a lot. First time using it.

Stiff arm pd
130/10 140/15 150/10

v1hyp
05-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Nice workout,, Keep it up!

gman
05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
can you describe the stiff arm pulldowns, I don't think I have ever tried them?

Mac
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
can you describe the stiff arm pulldowns, I don't think I have ever tried them?

Probably another bad description on my part.

Like shown here (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/pics/straight-arm-pulldown1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/straight-arm-pulldown.htm&h=300&w=400&sz=52&tbnid=z7WdXgKStS7kVM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstraight%2Barm%2Blat%2Bpulldown&usg=__AkrkvMhEVU4R4frfK6FKQGk_ggw=&ei=ltD5S7DNBYH88Ab9oqnbCg&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=5&ct=image&ved=0CCcQ9QEwBA)

Mac
05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Nice workout,, Keep it up!

Thanks. When is your show?

gman
05-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Probably another bad description on my part.

Like shown here (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/pics/straight-arm-pulldown1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.criticalbench.com/exercises/straight-arm-pulldown.htm&h=300&w=400&sz=52&tbnid=z7WdXgKStS7kVM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstraight%2Barm%2Blat%2Bpulldown&usg=__AkrkvMhEVU4R4frfK6FKQGk_ggw=&ei=ltD5S7DNBYH88Ab9oqnbCg&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=5&ct=image&ved=0CCcQ9QEwBA)

sort of a pullover motion using a cablle. I have not tried them, but have seen a few people doing them at our gym. Looks imperative to keep the arms stiff, otherwise it could easily turn into a tricep exercise.

Mac
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
sort of a pullover motion using a cablle. I have not tried them, but have seen a few people doing them at our gym. Looks imperative to keep the arms stiff, otherwise it could easily turn into a tricep exercise.

Yes, but even when you're arms are locked into position, the tris come into play. If you did triceps the day before, you would certainly feel them doing this exercise.

MsGuns
05-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi Drex, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for stopping by.

WoW nice avi...
your welcome
Im good...7 more days of schools!!! woohoo

bodyhard
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
AV is sick man sick!

Mac
05-25-2010, 09:15 PM
AV is sick man sick!

Is sick a good thing? Hopefully this one is not so sick.

Mac
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Chest - worked out later in the day. Not used to doing this. 35 minutes workout. Short rest between sets. Went for higher intensity. New PR in reps @ 130lbs. in cable crossovers and DB fly with 80lbs.

Incline DB fly
40/18 70/10 80/7 80/4
30/16 deep hold at bottom, squeeze at top

Cable cross overs
80/21 80/15 120/13

Cybex Inc press
140/10 140/6 100/10

gman
05-26-2010, 09:47 AM
looks like afternoon training agrees with you MT

bodyhard
05-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Is sick a good thing? Hopefully this one is not so sick.

Sick= Very impressive man!

And the new one is like fucking retarded man, what the hell did you just went and took like 1000 pictures of yourself back in the days? Where are all these AV's coming from? I know they are not recent because every time I ask you tell me no :)

Mac
05-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Sick= Very impressive man!

And the new one is like fucking retarded man, what the hell did you just went and took like 1000 pictures of yourself back in the days? Where are all these AV's coming from? I know they are not recent because every time I ask you tell me no :)

Yes, I took many progress pics in 2008 as I was hoping to compete in Nov. 2008. Last year I did not take any. So everyone on here uses a current picture for their avatar?

Sorry you think that current avi picture is retarded.

My current condition does not warrant being used in an avi. I will have new ones later in the summer, I hope.

gman
05-26-2010, 10:07 AM
we have some incentive to lean out if we are all seeing each other in Pittsburgh. I am using that as a goal of mine anyway!

Mac
05-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Legs - quick pace between sets

Hack squats - # of plates each side
Sled/16 1p/15 2p/12 2p/12 - slow negatives - partials at end of each set

Adductor
110/20 200/25 200/15 200/12

Seated leg curl
120/12 150/8 75/20

Single leg
45/15 60/12 - partial and forced reps at the end of each set

Single leg press
75/20 135/10 155/10 negs slow - 135/25 two legs - slow and deep

Leg extensions
60/12 45/15 10 reps at end of each set at top-middle-bottom position

Lunges
60 reps each leg

bodyhard
05-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes, I took many progress pics in 2008 as I was hoping to compete in Nov. 2008. Last year I did not take any. So everyone on here uses a current picture for their avatar?

Sorry you think that current avi picture is retarded.

My current condition does not warrant being used in an avi. I will have new ones later in the summer, I hope.

Retarded as in REALLY GOOD, sorry for my slang man! :)

Mac
05-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Retarded as in REALLY GOOD, sorry for my slang man! :)

Sick and retarded is a good thing, I guess. :dunno:

I took retarded as being, well, just that. My girl loves that picture and she hates the ab shots.

Baldiewonkanobi
05-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Gotta love your day in/day out intensity. Always fun to read.

Baldie

DUKE56
05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Man you look great, i'm 54 and i'm wanting to make all the improvements i can. I am hoping to do a contest next year sometime. I have so much fat to get rid of i'm starting the weight loss now.
Your cut like crazy man. Congrats

Mac
05-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Man you look great, i'm 54 and i'm wanting to make all the improvements i can. I am hoping to do a contest next year sometime. I have so much fat to get rid of i'm starting the weight loss now.
Your cut like crazy man. Congrats

Thanks Duke.

Mac
05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Sunday's workout was a quick one again, short on time. So I upped the intensity on the few sets I did. I did get a new PR in the 1 arm tricep cable rope pushdowns, cable curls and lying DB tricep extension.

1a tri pd
50/12 90/10 110/15 130/8

Cable curls
50/20 90/20 150/18 175/10

DB Concentration curls
50x10 with 4 forced reps

Lying DB tri extensions
50x10

Mac
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Shoulders - I had a great shoulder workout. A PR in reps on DB press and DB side laterals.

Db press
40/20 95/4 70/16 75/7

DB Side
50/10

DB Side laterals with hold at top
30/18 30/12 30/12

Front db raise
30/15 30/15

Cable laterals
30/15

Uppercuts cable
30/12

Goal posts
20/6 15/15 15/10

Rear delt machines
120/16 120/12

Seated calf raises - single leg
45/20 80/10 90/10 45/20

DUKE56
06-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Good luck man

axioma
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
You are getting crazy strong on some of your lifts...nice. Bleed for us, baby.

Mac
06-02-2010, 01:28 PM
You are getting crazy strong on some of your lifts...nice. Bleed for us, baby.

Thanks, I am bleeding bro. Really bad.

I think the Kreaceps is helping too.

bodyhard
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey man I don't go and call anyone's AV retarded if I didn't think the motherfucker didn't look insanely sic! Of course you are hardcore man.

Mac
06-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey man I don't go and call anyone's AV retarded if I didn't think the motherfucker didn't look insanely sic! Of course you are hardcore man.

Fucking right I am. My high school nickname was HardMan a moniker of my real last name.

Being called retarded will take a bit getting used too bro. ;)

bodyhard
06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Fucking right I am. My high school nickname was HardMan a moniker of my real last name.

Being called retarded will take a bit getting used too bro. ;)

LOL I feel ya man, I wont call you it as it loses its meaning if the recipient doesn't acknowledge the connotation ;)

Mac
06-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Chest

Some new PRs in cable crossovers. Felt strong.

Cable crossovers
60/20 130/11 110/17 150/4 90/12 hold at bottom

Inc DB fly
45/15 60/10 75/9

Flat fly
50/11 50/10 60/7

Dips bw
20 18 18

Mac
06-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Today was shoulder isolation day. No heavy lifting, just lots of lateral raises from all angles with lots of time under tension. It worked well to pump them up because the first thing Dar said when I got home was, ' you did shoulders didn't you? ' My traps looked like I filled them full of synthol. My rear delts were so pumped I didn't think they were my shoulders.

Total of 25 sets, very quick pace until the last 10 minutes. I was fried.

joedemarco
06-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Today was shoulder isolation day. No heavy lifting, just lots of lateral raises from all angles with lots of time under tension. It worked well to pump them up because the first thing Dar said when I got home was, ' you did shoulders didn't you? ' My traps looked like I filled them full of synthol. My rear delts were so pumped I didn't think they were my shoulders.

Total of 25 sets, very quick pace until the last 10 minutes. I was fried.

Hey Mac....hope all is well. How often do you throw in a shoulder isolation day in place of your normal shoulder workout?

Mac
06-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Hey Mac....hope all is well. How often do you throw in a shoulder isolation day in place of your normal shoulder workout?

Hey Joe.

Not often enough. I watched that video of Jason Theobald doing shoulders and wanted to try some of his exercises and I put off legs for tomorrow.

All is going good here. Hope you're doing as well.

Baldiewonkanobi
06-06-2010, 07:32 AM
I liked that isolation session. At the end do you anything else in there...abs, calf??

Baldie

Mac
06-06-2010, 08:18 AM
I liked that isolation session. At the end do you anything else in there...abs, calf??

Hi Baldie, thanks for stopping in.

I hit calves and abs 2-3 times a week at the end of my workouts. I also do a lot of posing and stretching in between sets.

Mac
06-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Legs and Biceps supersets. Concentrated on hams and inner thighs and superset with high rep biceps.

Stiff legged deads
135/10 155/10 175/10 195/10 215/10

Cable curls
90/21 110/21 130/21 150/22 160/15

Seated leg curl
90/15 120/10 150/10 90/20
Single leg 45/20

Adductors
100/50 100/100 190/20

1arm seated curl
30/30 30/30 30/30

Lunges
100 each leg bodyweight

Seated calf
3 sets 30 reps

gman
06-06-2010, 03:52 PM
good luck walking tomorrow

Mac
06-06-2010, 04:45 PM
good luck walking tomorrow

Hi Mike, that I am sure will be no problem. :dunno:

gman
06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Mike, that I am sure will be no problem. :dunno:

all I know is, the only thing I seem to ever get sore in anymore is my hammies. And they make up for not being sore anywhere else!

Mac
06-07-2010, 08:54 AM
all I know is, the only thing I seem to ever get sore in anymore is my hammies. And they make up for not being sore anywhere else!

I can tell I worked them and thought the 100 rep adductor set would have really killed them but they are not sore. Tomorrow will tell the real story.

Doing the higher reps to failure gives me much better muscle control when posing. I don't seem to get that with lower reps/higher weight.

axioma
06-07-2010, 01:20 PM
nice workouts, very intense.

Mac
06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Triceps

I was stronger again today on the 1 arm tricep pushdown and a couple other exercises. Felt strong, had a great pump, looked leaner and had a great workout.

Triceps

One arm rope triceps pushdown
60/20 130/10 90/20 90/20

Reverse grip tri - 1 arm
80/12 80/10 90/10

Lying tri db extension
50/8 35/12 35/10

Seated dips
210/15 225/12 225/10

French DB curl behind head
25/12 25/10

Ab Rope crunch
150/25 150/20 150/18

Hammerfit
06-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Bro your legs are looking crazy sick......looks like you took a knife to those wheels, great job keep up the hard work, it is really showing!

Mac
06-08-2010, 07:30 AM
4 days ago I started using HumaPro and Chained Out by ALRI. No more wasteful whey isolates for me. I am taking a few upon waking and 5 tabs pre and post workout in place of my Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey. Others are taking considerably more than 5 but being of smaller stature, 25 grams of protein per serving should be enough before and after my workouts.

The calories I am missing from the shakes are not being replaced at this time. The plan is to tighten up considerably, stay anabolic with CO and HP and destroy bodyfat quickly.

I got to say I can really feel this stuff working and it's no fuckin' placebo effect.

Mac
06-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Bro your legs are looking crazy sick......looks like you took a knife to those wheels, great job keep up the hard work, it is really showing!

Thanks Hammer!

I am trying hard and wish I had stuck with the iron thru my 30s and 40s. Oh well, it is what it is.

freebirdmac
06-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks Hammer!

I am trying hard and wish I had stuck with the iron thru my 30s and 40s. Oh well, it is what it is.

It doesn't look like you missed anything by not sticking with it :D

Scoobysnacks
06-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey Joe.

Not often enough. I watched that video of Jason Theobald doing shoulders and wanted to try some of his exercises and I put off legs for tomorrow.

All is going good here. Hope you're doing as well.

Wow thats awesome that you wanted to try some of my moves Im humbled. I lurk a lot in your, axioma and Baldies threads. Saw you mentioned me, I hope you liked them. How'd it go? Your avatar is reta....its pretty sick. Im trying to get my damn legs to separate like that, this year they are being a real bitch for me.

Good Luck with your comeback.

Ss

Mac
06-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow thats awesome that you wanted to try some of my moves Im humbled. I lurk a lot in your, axioma and Baldies threads. Saw you mentioned me, I hope you liked them. How'd it go? Your avatar is reta....its pretty sick. Im trying to get my damn legs to separate like that, this year they are being a real bitch for me.

Good Luck with your comeback.

Ss

Thanks Jason for the compliments and stopping in.

Your exercises were great. My delts were sore for two days, especially the medial heads. They gave me a great pump.

Mac
06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Lats - biceps felt a bit sore and tired from supersetting with legs two days ago. This kept me from any PRs so I worked on lower weight, higher reps and squeezing at the bottom of each pulldown.

1 arm pulldown
100/20 150/20 175/13 150/15

100/20 3 sec neg reps

Stiff arm lat pulls
130/15 150/12 100/15

Lo pulley rows
170/10 100/25 100/20 100/18

Hi cable rope pd
110/15 3 sets

Wide grip pd
20 reps 3 sets

Biangular pd
150/12 150/10

bodyhard
06-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Lats - biceps felt a bit sore and tired from supersetting with legs two days ago. This kept me from any PRs so I worked on lower weight, higher reps and squeezing at the bottom of each pulldown.

1 arm pulldown
100/20 150/20 175/13 150/15

100/20 3 sec neg reps

Stiff arm lat pulls
130/15 150/12 100/15

Lo pulley rows
170/10 100/25 100/20 100/18

Hi cable rope pd
110/15 3 sets

Wide grip pd
20 reps 3 sets

Biangular pd
150/12 150/10

Nice! Have a question what the fuck is biangular pd?

Mac
06-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Nice! Have a question what the fuck is biangular pd?

Just another lat machine. Your hands are close together at the top and go wider to about shoulder width as you pull down further.

Baldiewonkanobi
06-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Good morning Mac. Trying to catch up on past posts. And...keeping your first cup of coffee time intersting.

Baldie

Mac
06-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Good morning Mac. Trying to catch up on past posts. And...keeping your first cup of coffee time intersting.

Baldie

Hi Bill, well it's about my 4th cup of coffee this morning since you slept in so long. Your thread is always interesting.

I think it's good you take a day off of training and DE-STRESS.

gman
06-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Just another lat machine. Your hands are close together at the top and go wider to about shoulder width as you pull down further.

I used that machine at another gym a while back, and really felt it more than usual.

blu2xtreme
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Your new avi is great !

...now Mike is really going to push the " I want to be lean thing "

gman
06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Your new avi is great !

I have to keep up with him, Bodyhard, and Baldie.

Plus I have the high blood pressure excuse to lose weight as well

Mac
06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Your new avi is great !

Thank you Blu.

Mac
06-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Chest - late workout. I don't like working out in the evenings. Nonetheless I felt strong but tired quickly.

Inc DB press
45/20 60/12 70/10 80/10

Flat db fly
40/12 50/10 55/10 60/8

Cable cross overs
100/10 80/10 w/5sec hold at bottom

Inc press
100/12

Unlateral decline press
180/15 180/14 180/15 drop-set to 90/20

Dips bodyweight
15 13

Mac
06-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Biceps and some rear delts - I had a great biceps workout. Two unknowns in the gym complimented me on my arms and conditioning. That always makes the workouts go better and makes doing all this worthwhile. Why do they always ask me how old I am?

Had a PR in cable curls with 185x11

Bicep cable curls
70/20 130/20 185/11 150/10

Rev cable curls
90/12 100/10 110/8

Seated Inc DB curls
30/12 30/11 30/10

Rear delt machine
90/21 90/20 90/20

Rope face pulls
70/12 80/12 90/12

Baldiewonkanobi
06-11-2010, 03:28 PM
How old are you?

Baldie

Mac
06-11-2010, 03:33 PM
How old are you?

Old enough!!!

Soon to be 54.

DUKE56
06-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Oh mac, i'm 54 and it ain't nothing but another year. I feel better now than i did when i was in my 40's.

Mac
06-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Oh mac, i'm 54 and it ain't nothing but another year. I feel better now than i did when i was in my 40's.

I feel better than when I was in my 30s. Yes, it's just a number that keeps getting larger.

Mac
06-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Today's training entailed walking along Myrtle Beach.

Mac
06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Myrtle Beach.

blu2xtreme
06-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Today's training entailed walking along Myrtle Beach.

I love that kind of training ...plus you get a tan at the same time :D

gman
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Walking on the beach is a mighty fine workout...did you enjoy the scenery? ;)

Mac
06-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Walking on the beach is a mighty fine workout...did you enjoy the scenery? ;)

Of course, Dar was with me.

gman
06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Of course, Dar was with me.

ain't you sweet?

gman
06-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Where are you guys staying down there? We stayed at North Myrtle Beach a while back. If you want to train down there, I can give you Dr Smolenski's number and he can direct you to his gym which is really nice.

Mac
06-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Where are you guys staying down there? We stayed at North Myrtle Beach a while back. If you want to train down there, I can give you Dr Smolenski's number and he can direct you to his gym which is really nice.

We are on North Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle at the Atlantica2. I would love to workout as it's driving me crazy being on day 4 of no training but time is running short and we leave in the morning.

gman
06-15-2010, 12:35 PM
his gym is the american athletic club on Dick Pond Road (Rte 544)

here is the link. I have been a couple of times and it has all you need. It's pretty much right off route 17 in the heart of Myrtle

http://www.americanathleticclub.com/SurfsideClub.html

Mac
06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
his gym is the american athletic club on Dick Pond Road (Rte 544)

here is the link. I have been a couple of times and it has all you need. It's pretty much right off route 17 in the heart of Myrtle

http://www.americanathleticclub.com/SurfsideClub.html

Thanks Mike.

Mac
06-18-2010, 06:15 PM
After 6 days off I made it back into the gym. Hi reps was the plan for today. What a pump. I think the tricep PDs with 150 and 175 are new PRs. The set with 150 was particularly tough to finish, as was 100x40,

Arms - superset

Tri Pushdowns
100/20 150/25 175/15 100/40

1arm cable curls
40/20 50/20 60/10 30/40

Lying db ext
30/20 30/18

Inc db curls
30/10 30/10 30/10

French DB curls
20/20 20/20

1 arm machine curls
30/30 30/30

bodyhard
06-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey MacT question will you be in Pitts in July?

Mac
06-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Hey MacT question will you be in Pitts in July?

Yes, I plan on being at the prejudging on Friday. Are you going too?

bodyhard
06-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Yes, I plan on being at the prejudging on Friday. Are you going too?

Yup yup. :D

blu2xtreme
06-19-2010, 12:01 PM
There should be an amazing rx masters support group ...can't wait :yep:
We re-arranged some of my travel plans so we are hoping to be there by prejudging Friday!

Mac
06-19-2010, 12:04 PM
There should be an amazing rx masters support group ...can't wait :yep:
We re-arranged some of my travel plans so we are hoping to be there by prejudging Friday!

It will be great to meet you all. We were going to stay thru to the night show on Saturday but now it's just going to be the prejudging.

blu2xtreme
06-19-2010, 12:11 PM
It will be great to meet you all. We were going to stay thru to the night show on Saturday but now it's just going to be the prejudging.

Glad we are getting there earlier then so we get to meet you and Dar.
We are staying until Sunday ...then I get to stay in Virginia until the following Sunday. After 10 days with Mike I may not ever leave :)