PDA

View Full Version : drugs and trying to get a woman pregnant

debbiebramwell
01-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey guys , I posted a thread in the womens section asking about a woman being on drugs while trying to get pregnant but what about the guys. Can a man get a woman pregnant while he is on and is it safe for the baby? please any input would help. My best friend is really wanting to get pregnant and Im a little worried about the drug part...thank you!!

heavyiron
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I have known a ton of guys who have gotton their women pregnant when on aas including me. As far as I know all are healthy. HCG on cycle is a way to boost fertility in men.

ANADROLicfreak
01-11-2010, 11:01 PM
i can vouche for this. minus the hcg though^ lol

debbiebramwell
01-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I really have no idea about this..so the woman should be off but it is safe for the guys? Is it harder to get pregnant?thanks for the insight

natron
01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
I just knocked up wifey while running NPP, that is very hard evidence right there.

heavyiron
01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I really have no idea about this..so the woman should be off but it is safe for the guys? Is it harder to get pregnant?thanks for the insight
Testosterone was investigated for male birth control and it did seem to work in a percentage of males but the failure rate was high enough that it was disgarded. There was another trial with Nandrolone and Testosterone together and that performed better than the Testosterone trial but the failure rate was still unacceptable for male birth control.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-11-2010, 11:39 PM
yep, what HI said. the fail rate was more than 30% of those tested. chances are that production of swimmers is diminished but, thre are swimmers. it only takes one. as for the health of the swimmer? I dont know of any studies done in endocrinology circles that reviewed hypogonadal men on HRT with child bearing spouses and any concerning incident rates.... but i'll look some more.

ArabMuscle
01-12-2010, 02:14 AM
I have known a ton of guys who have gotton their women pregnant when on aas including me. As far as I know all are healthy. HCG on cycle is a way to boost fertility in men.

Music to my ears.

radrmd216
01-12-2010, 04:51 AM
I don't think any steroid can genetically alter the male gamete. I would like to see studies if anybody has them though to be completely sure.

bad rad
01-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Dave P. wrote that at doses of 750mgs test and above a man will maintain normal fertility. It had to do with amount of test the testes were exposed to.

Sledge
01-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Are you and Ali trying to get pregnant Ms Washington?

debbiebramwell
01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Are you and Ali trying to get pregnant Ms Washington?

no lol I just started my prep for the ny pro show.:) My best friend is . She is like my sister. I have always been so conservative with drugs and I worry about both of them taking anything while they want to conceive. It sounds like she needs to be off and its safe for him...

Johnny Phenomenon
01-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I still wouldn't take my chances, unless of course you're using legit lab produced gear. Who knows what's out there in the land of the undergrounds.

Bigmc
01-12-2010, 02:44 PM
nature will always find a way

debbiebramwell
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I got alot of feedback. I asked Dave and he said both people should be off when trying to get pregnant. I asked the owner of my gym who is a bodybuilder and parent. He said he tried to get his wife pregnant for a long time. He had his sperm count tested and it was super duper low. He came off and was on hcg for 7 months before he got his wife pregnant. he said his sperm count was super hight then(had it tested each week)He did say it doesnt hurt the baby for the man to be on but depending on how long they are on it is just hard to get pregnant. thank you all for your input!;)

supbro!
01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
My wife and myself are expecting our first in 8 weeks and it was done while on hrt. We tried for a little over a year while i was coming of a cycle of test and eq. with no pct and had no luck. I also have a competitive powerlifter friend who hasn't ever really come off the "sauce" and he has 3 kids. My guess is yes, you can have a child but why make things more difficult?

Judge
01-13-2010, 11:07 AM
our baby was conceived AFTER a mild test+winny cycle.So I guess my sperm count was within acceptable limits despite that my test levels were low.

2manytoyz
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
The way I look at this is, I want the best for my child and i'm sure the steroids will not affect in getting my wife pregnant but who knows the long term effects on the baby.

I have been off for two years but I have never done too much. Saying that, I don't compete so its different for different people. Your child will be around for your whole life so whats the big deal in taking some time off gear. I told the wife once she is pregnant i'm back on.

skinny
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Its different for everybody. You get the guys that take 10ml of test and are shutdown for life. Then theres the guys that run straight for 10 years come off and knock a girl up after 2 weeks of being clean.

If she at all thinks that anyone of them may be infertile just get blood work done.

przechuy
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
men being on steroids when making baby = no bad effects on kid
female being on drugs during pregnancy = potential serious problems

easy as that . male being on steroids cant influence baby growth and development .

debbiebramwell
01-13-2010, 08:37 PM
They are both gettng tests done to see where their bodies are at with all this. They both decided to come off and do everything possible to have a baby as quick as possible. He is taking hcg now but from what this guy at the gym said depending on his sperm count he may need to up it alot. The guy at the gym said he was presribed 5000 ius of hcg a week. My friends husband is taking 500ius. He is wating a few weeks to get tested. He just came off everything today.

Jello
01-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Didn't keep me from getting my wife pregnant either time.

Ryan Bracewell
01-13-2010, 11:14 PM

It can definitely happen, but whether it is healthy or not is probably luck. I am planning to try for a kid later this year ( :bedbreaker:) and plan to be completely clean. IMO, it is not worth the chance of having a kid with down syndrome or even something worse.