PDA

View Full Version : Muscle and joint pain

magnus68
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
lately i hurt everywhere..any supps that make you feel better? even on HRT I am constantly sore and achy.

natron
01-12-2010, 08:28 PM
try taking a break form the gym

magnus68
01-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I can't I'll shrink LOL!

natron
01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I can't I'll shrink LOL!

If your feeling a full body soreness, get some good sleep, take a few days off from the gym, and get adequate calories/healthy fat. Do some low intensity cardio in those few days.

You will not shrink in a few days outta the gym, plus, your strength will increase, youll be recharged and ready to kill the weights again, all good things

Cooker
01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
If your feeling a full body soreness, get some good sleep, take a few days off from the gym, and get adequate calories/healthy fat. Do some low intensity cardio in those few days.

You will not shrink in a few days outta the gym, plus, your strength will increase, youll be recharged and ready to kill the weights again, all good things

Great advice.

GDavis
01-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Take a week off. NO training. Increase calories and sleep.

sassy69
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Do you visit a chiro or have any issues w/ imbalances such that you might be forcing scondary muscles to do the work of the primaries? I've found since getting > 40, "alignment" is a huge part of what helps me avoid aggravating things.

Otherwise, I've been using MSM for years - I suppose debatable if its helping. Additionally EFAs.

zubbeyboy
01-12-2010, 11:06 PM
lately i hurt everywhere..any supps that make you feel better? even on HRT I am constantly sore and achy.

How long have you been resistance training "consistently"? You didn't say. But sounds like possibly you just came off a layoff from training? Sounds like beginner pain. Just throwing that out there since you didn't state how long you have been training consistently.

trap
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
massage always helps me

spritz0
01-12-2010, 11:35 PM
For me, limiting my training to 4 days a week helped a lot- plus a good warm shower after training! IF your gym has a hydrotherapy- jet jacuzzi this is great as well. Take in every day Omega-3 capsules and monitor your protein intake. When I was really sore I realized I was REALLY behind in protein consumption (so little to repair what I'd broken down...). My solution was to add 2 strong protein shakes every day, and I feel much better every day going into the gym. I hope this helps, it worked for me!

trap
01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
and after every workout i take a hot/cold shower,30 sec hot 30 sec cold do few sets of that and it's works great!

magnus68
01-13-2010, 06:08 AM
I've been training regularly 5 days a week. thanks for the help peeps.

Johnny Phenomenon
01-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Do you visit a chiro or have any issues w/ imbalances such that you might be forcing scondary muscles to do the work of the primaries? I've found since getting > 40, "alignment" is a huge part of what helps me avoid aggravating things.

Otherwise, I've been using MSM for years - I suppose debatable if its helping. Additionally EFAs.

I was going to suggest the latter part as well. Supplementing with more omegas will help with any inflammation. I know some people suggest shark cartilage, I just know its sort of expensive and I've never heard anything conclusive.

natron
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Bromelaine, msm, fish oil, cissus would be the supplement end that could help, or even celery seed extract stand. for 3nB content.

But I'm fairly sure you dont need to travel this road.