PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pre/Post Workout/ And Morning Help

billyjr
01-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey guys, I am coming back to the gym this week, I hav been cleared from my doctors, I had forearm tendinitis, been through 6 months of physical therapy, 2 cortizone shots.

However, between my hiatus I changed jobs, I used to work nights now I do the regulr 9-5. I tend to only beable to workout around 930-1030 at night. I usually eat dinner around 830-9.

Do you think with that meal so close to my workout that I should take a pre-workout shake or just go to the gym, then take a post workout shake.

Also, do you guys reccommend optinumen whey or daves isolyze? I have used OPT in the past, and its worked pretty well, but daves isolyze seems like its everywhere, and the only negative is the price.

Also, when I wake up in the morning, I usually take a probiotic because I suffer from IBS, and it helps greatly with my digestion/stomach. The problem is I have to take it on an empty stomach and not eat anything for atleast an hour, just drink water with it.

By the time an hour has passed, im at work, I can take a shake, but what could I bring to work with me that I can/should eat?

Thanks for the help-

s2h
01-13-2010, 09:21 PM
pre cokk your meals on sunday for the wek and then prep themthe nite before and take them with you to work so you can eat during the day,i would just have a pwo shake w/ a meal so close to your workout time!

billyjr
01-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Ok thanks! I will def try that out with cooking the meals on the weekend. Any suggestion on OPT Whey or Daves Isolyze?

mygirlsdad
01-13-2010, 10:51 PM
pre cokk your meals on sunday for the wek and then prep themthe nite before and take them with you to work so you can eat during the day,i would just have a pwo shake w/ a meal so close to your workout time!

Well said s2h. If you can afford the Isolyze use that as I've heard people have good results with it.

ArabMuscle
01-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Breakfast can be pretty inconvenient for me too.

In a protein shake, I mix in 2 scoops of ON's 100% Whey with 1 Cup of uncooked Oatmeal + 2 packets of Stevia. I also include 3 eggs with my breakfast (boiled at night, before hitting the sack).

After putting water in the shake, let the oatmeal soften up a bit (5 minutes would suffice).

In regards to your other meals, pre-cook them just like what S2H said. I personally could care less if my food is hot or cold. I'm eating for the gains and not for the taste.

ArabMuscle
01-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Ok thanks! I will def try that out with cooking the meals on the weekend. Any suggestion on OPT Whey or Daves Isolyze?

Dave's Isolyze is great but expensive. ON's 100% Whey isn't bad at all. When money is an issue get that.

Personally, I get better results on ON's Whey than any Isolate I've tried. Moreover, if you're bulking you really don't have to worry much about those 1-3g of fat and carbs in your Whey.

s2h
01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
unless your on a keto diet,you dont need isolyze,i love dave and his products are great but who the hell wants to wait for your protien powder to come in the mail,go buy some syntha 6 and be done with it!!!

billyjr
01-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Dave's Isolyze is great but expensive. ON's 100% Whey isn't bad at all. When money is an issue get that.

Personally, I get better results on ON's Whey than any Isolate I've tried. Moreover, if you're bulking you really don't have to worry much about those 1-3g of fat and carbs in your Whey.

Yea I ordered ON's Whey do that fact too, I am skinny and looking to add size, ive lost soo much size since I have been out, so Im hoping muscle memory will kick in.

Sledge
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree with the guys above on the pre cooking. I pre prepare all my meals exept breakfast. I used to do a breakfast shake almost exactly the same as AM described and it's good to go. 2 scoops of WPI (whatever brand you like. I like the taste of ON 100% whey bit it's a blend not WPI so I don't use it any more.) a cup of oats and chased with a couple of fish oil caps. Perfect breakfast.

billyjr
01-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I agree with the guys above on the pre cooking. I pre prepare all my meals exept breakfast. I used to do a breakfast shake almost exactly the same as AM described and it's good to go. 2 scoops of WPI (whatever brand you like. I like the taste of ON 100% whey bit it's a blend not WPI so I don't use it any more.) a cup of oats and chased with a couple of fish oil caps. Perfect breakfast.

What brand of fish oil caps do you use?

s2h
01-17-2010, 11:22 PM
any name brand at the nutrition store,i think i iuse the Metrx brand it's a red/black bottle!

AVBG
01-18-2010, 12:22 AM

Good solid advice Sledge.

Piss poor preparation = piss poor performance (or something like that)..

Choose an isolate that is quality and affordable for your budget

s2h
01-18-2010, 09:04 PM
there was just a current test done on whey protiens i read,it was based on what the label said compared to what was really in the whey.Nectar was at the top of the list as far as isolates and dymatize was at the bottom.I will try a find the study and post it!

mygirlsdad
01-18-2010, 11:01 PM
there was just a current test done on whey protiens i read,it was based on what the label said compared to what was really in the whey.Nectar was at the top of the list as far as isolates and dymatize was at the bottom.I will try a find the study and post it!

Would love to read that s2h. I will be waiting for that one!

FitnBuf
01-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Breakfast can be pretty inconvenient for me too.

In a protein shake, I mix in 2 scoops of ON's 100% Whey with 1 Cup of uncooked Oatmeal + 2 packets of Stevia. I also include 3 eggs with my breakfast (boiled at night, before hitting the sack).

After putting water in the shake, let the oatmeal soften up a bit (5 minutes would suffice).

In regards to your other meals, pre-cook them just like what S2H said. I personally could care less if my food is hot or cold. I'm eating for the gains and not for the taste.

Nice Man...I like this suggestion as my breakfast can be difficult as well. Thx