PDA

View Full Version : AC Bikini Class Winners & Overall

Angela123
03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
I got a buddy in Columbus right now...he and his girl gave me updates on bikini.

Only the bikini awards were tonight. There were two classes, short and tall. Tall had 15 women. Short had 16.

Ali Sonoma is the overall winner. she was in the tall class. I cant find pix yet. I googled her name and came across this. she is a ufc ring girl. model since 16, she is 24. has done many swimsuit pagents.

my girl said the look was curvy, yet thin with longer limbs..if that makes sense. not hard.

http://www.alisonoma.us/

congrats to her! she is a beauty!

The Thinker
03-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Call me a cynic but I'm surprised her breasts are not HUGE!!! Other than that she is pretty much what I would have expected.

Curt James
03-05-2009, 11:22 PM
congrats to her! she is a beauty!

X2

Thanks for reporting the news.

(When I clicked on the link I thought, "PBW?" D'OH! Didn't realize that Chick and Dan had BEP as their theme song until now.)

Caddan
03-06-2009, 01:29 AM
GORGEOUS!
:p

Angela123
03-06-2009, 01:48 AM
pictures are up on MD. i know..sorry guys...but it's the place with bikini pix lol.

after looking at some of them...some women looked great...while others...imo...should not have gotten on stage and should've done more cardio and dieted longer. some did not even use jan tana/protan.

the winner...has a booty on her...makes her seem disproportioned from the back...bc its wider than her back. but that's me looking at it from the standpoint of figure and fbb lol. most regular women are wider on bottom bc they dont have a very developed back and lats as well as their glutes dont get sculpted. so..for a bikini model..yah she looks great!
hold on. let me rephrase. its not that her ass is lots wider...but it definitly could be sculpted more so. but thats me thinking like and looking at it from a bb's view! i think that's all i have an issue with. it could be a bad angle tho too. i know from experience..these stage pix can be brutal!

Angela123
03-06-2009, 01:55 AM
ehhhh...maybe im being too harsh. as women...the ass is always the last to go. and bikini women arent suppossed to be ripped and super lean anyway. so we cant expect them to have perfect asses. bc its usually when women get ripped and very lean is when their ass goes down. but still...i think she could do some squats or something. idk. just shape it more so.

Angela123
03-06-2009, 02:11 AM
the short class winner...Gia Allemand

i think she has a more proportioned, bikini model type of body than the tall winner. tall winer won overall. but tall winner has more sex appeal to her. looks more beachy bikini like and used color. gia should've used a little color.

Malika
03-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Hard to believe such a class is now part of a bb show...

To me it's not bb: how can you appreciate the "hard work" they put in to get in shape?

Only girls who are gifted will do well in this class. The other girls will do nothing as they can't really train hard to beat their genetic...

Still, they both look good.;)

miss figure
03-06-2009, 08:59 AM
its hard to really comment on this class, but i will!

the short girl has a better fitting bikini if im right you dont have to wear the same as figure girls bikinis so you could go for a lovely fitting one, however the short girl didnt really think about tan and if your going to stand under bright light you need tan.

you cant really tell the standard of the show with out looking at the other girls.
was there an overall winner?

xx

Angela123
03-06-2009, 09:18 AM
the blond was the overall winner.

i 100% agree. this is all about genetics and short class winner had a better bikini model body but yep...she didnt think of the little things. plus the blond has been doing bikini shows and modeling for a while. so she prob had better stage presense. plus she seems to be well known, with her own website and all. who knows...politics always seem to play a hand sometimes lol.

and in regards to other women. ill be honest...not many impressed me. it sort if seemed like an easy show. some woman should NOT have been on stage IMO. i was thinking they'd all look like the winner. but nope..some did not look that good.

Jer
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Very pretty and looks pretty good in a bikini, but I still can't believe that this is actually Professionally recognized.

Caleb56
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Very pretty and looks pretty good in a bikini, but I still can't believe that this is actually Professionally recognized.
Same here, what seperates her from the rest? What makes her pro quality?

stephaniewicked
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
First of all, the winners do look great... no doubt about that! Congratulations to them!!!!

With that being said, however, I thought the "look" was supposed to be modeled after physiques similar to Jamie Eason, Alicia Marie, Jennifer Nicole Lee, etc...

They do look very good, but I guess I am disappointed in a way because I expected something a little different. If this sets the precedent for what to expect for this division, then I can understand why some people may be upset that it is included as part of a bodybuilding competition.

I'm training for my first comp, which happens to be bikini (I don't think I have enough mass for figure just yet, nor do I have the financial means to afford someone to assemble my training/diet to succeed in that division at this point in time)...but I DO believe that I am training and dieting my ass off as much as one possibly can without outside assistance. I know there's already a lot of controversy surrounding this division and my goal is to look more like the fitness models mentioned above, not a pageant girl.

Does anyone think that after seeing the turnout for this class, that the NPC will give more specifics/guidelines as to what they are looking for going forward?

Mufasa
03-06-2009, 10:49 AM
The original or "inaugural" competitors in a new Division have never defined the ultimate "look"; whether it was FBB, Fitness or Figure.

This will all take some time to weed out as 1) more and more comptitions occur 2) there are more meetings within the Federations to define the criteria and 3) you begin to see more focused national level competitors and trainers.

It really should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Mufasa

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I think Gia Allemand needs a tan, but otherwise is exactly what I expected.

I wonder what the turn out in the crowd was for the contest?

JVALDEZ
03-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Congrats to the girls they look good. At least now we have something to look at,im still not conviniced thats the look of bikini,i was thinking more along the lines of jeniffer nicole lee,jamie easton,mazira prince type.

Angela123
03-06-2009, 12:05 PM
well...national shows will bring out tougher competition tho. so while we may think some of the competition is easy or doesnt look good...i think after jr usa's..we'll then see what it really will bring out.

i like this girl. she has a cute little sexy body. she got 3rd in short class. i like her better than gia. this girl has a bettre midsection. gia doesnt have much if a waist. just straight up and down.

Angela123
03-06-2009, 12:06 PM
jvaldez...mariza prince...she looks similar to the overall...doesnt she? she doesnt hold a lot of muscle? i could be mistaken tho.

Suzy Brown
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
On Alison's site, it says she's working with UFC & Spike TV... obviously has some stage advantages!
I agree that Gia has a very nice look, but the lack of tan is incredibly distracting. Even a simple spray tan would have helped some...

I think the wider bottoms on the last 2 ladies posted is more "bikini" than Alison's suit, too. Maybe that should be enforced, actual bikini, not figure suit.

Suzy Brown
03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Was the question about string sides versus fabric sides ever answered? Looks like these 2 won w/ strings... I'll assume strings are permitted than?

Angela123
03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
well strings seem fine..maybe they mean "no tie strings."

its amazing...almost all women didnt tan. it must not have been required.

i think a bikini is better suited than a figure suit. a figure suit makes everyone's ass look huge bc it is made for women who are in incredible shape with great conditioned glutes. shit...even i didnt like trying on my figure suit til the end of my prep..the bottoms arent the most flattering unless you are in very, very good shape.

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
well...national shows will bring out tougher competition tho. so while we may think some of the competition is easy or doesnt look good...i think after jr usa's..we'll then see what it really will bring out.

i like this girl. she has a cute little sexy body. she got 3rd in short class. i like her better than gia. this girl has a bettre midsection. gia doesnt have much if a waist. just straight up and down.

She's a tad more muscular - which is probably why she placed 3rd. I like her look better, too.

Angela123
03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
not the whole class but some comparison pix of the tall class. the pix with ali seem to be top 4. i think in general the pix are top 10.

it really kind of stinks not being able to pose...just stand straight and relaxed in the front and back poses...they could so make their bodies appear better if they got to pose a bit.

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I really do not like the soft butts...

Angela123
03-06-2009, 01:22 PM
short class pix. very very interesting. the girl i like in the short class...sally commented that she is a tad more muscular and maybe that is why she got 3rd. but it looks like the other woman in the pic is 2nd place. she is pretty musclar. very odd. i for sure like 3rd place better than the winner.

Angela123
03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
these seem to be top ten of the short class. the top 3 were in previous post.

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 01:26 PM
short class pix. very very interesting. the girl i like in the short class...sally commented that she is a tad more muscular and maybe that is why she got 3rd. but it looks like the other woman in the pic is 2nd place. she is pretty musclar. very odd. i for sure like 3rd place better than the winner.

That's weird.

I'm with you - the one on the left is my favorite.

JVALDEZ
03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
jvaldez...mariza prince...she looks similar to the overall...doesnt she? she doesnt hold a lot of muscle? i could be mistaken tho.

Maybe in some pictures,but Ive met her in person and she really looks good,tone and fit,but its just my thoughts....

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Gene X covered bikini and got some great shots. You can view his Arnold thread at http://www.ftppv.com/ftvideo/showthread.php?p=57821#post57821

Here's one:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/3332087675_267ab7f4ac_o.jpg

JVALDEZ
03-06-2009, 01:34 PM
That's weird.

I'm with you - the one on the left is my favorite.

Dittoo that...the third is choice.

Malika
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I really do not like the soft butts...

Neither do I.

Maybe they should only do front poses.:D

3rd girl looks the best...

Tiki
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
the short class winner...Gia Allemand

WHOA! No offense - I am just "shocked" that she took overall when No.10 and No.14 both had tight and tan beautiful bodies.

Tiki
03-07-2009, 12:54 AM
^^^ excuse me (my mistake) - not overall but, 1st in her class.

The overall winner Ali Sonoma and the short class winner Gia Allemand are like night and day. If Ali is representative of the ideal bikini look, I'm completely confused as to how Gia took first in her class. *very confused* :confused:

What do you think the reason is for such a broad difference in those two descissions?

Mufasa
03-07-2009, 07:57 AM
^^^ excuse me (my mistake) - not overall but, 1st in her class.

The overall winner Ali Sonoma and the short class winner Gia Allemand are like night and day. If Ali is representative of the ideal bikini look, I'm completely confused as to how Gia took first in her class. *very confused* :confused:

What do you think the reason is for such a broad difference in those two descissions?

THAT'S what confused me, Tiki.

The two class winners are so vastly differerent, that it's almost impossible to make heads nor tails out of what the criteria were.

Someone (I think it was "O") mentioned it; this will most likely be a very "political" Division, wraught with decisions that will leave us scratching our heads.

One of the reasons I say that, is that you can almost "smell" a lot of corporate money on the horizon as more and more contest almost become dominated by bikini entrants.

We'll just have to see how this all pans out.

Mufasa

Angela123
03-07-2009, 01:13 PM
i guess 1st and 2nd from the short class were seporated by ONE point. wtf...they are totally different. and 2nd place is too muscular for bikini. i already said it..but 3rd place got shafted! and how does 3rd place get 3rd. 1st and 2nd are totally different body types. 3rd place looks more similar to 1st place.

2nd place is short hair.

Angela123
03-07-2009, 01:15 PM
some more of 1st through 3rd for short class.

Tiki
03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
TOTALLY AGREE!

Leading up to The Arnold, the mere thought of Bikini caused people to roll their eyes and shake their heads. So whatever the judges back-asswards reasoning was for their scoring -- THIS can't possibly lend much legitimacy to it being seen as a real and respected sport.

Like you all mentioned, this is likely to become very political.

(as if the sport needed any more of that) :rolleyes:

Tiki
03-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Well nonetheless, Congratulations to the winners.

Angela123
03-07-2009, 02:23 PM
im looking at 3rd place..her suit bottom's look baggy from the back shot. that might have lost her some points.

i like her suit a lot though.

stephaniewicked
03-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Question about shoes...

I thought the shoe wasn't allowed to be a platform. As a vertically-challenged chick who LOVES tall shoes, I certainly wouldn't mind some extra oomph when I'm on stage but I was told that the front part of the shoe couldn't have more than 1/4" platform. Is this true? I haven't purchased my comp shoes yet and now I'm confused as to what I should do...

#3 (short class) has platforms...
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4425&d=1236449525

Angela123
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
maybe this is why the short class winner won. i googled her name. like the overall winner...she also seems to be pretty well known in the industry that caters towards sexy models. oh and she worked at the Muscletech Booth over the weekend. so i guess she is sort of known in the fitness and bb industry as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB99qJz2Dlg

http://www.newstoob.com/2007/06/11/hot-gia-allemand-photos/

pnohe
03-08-2009, 09:09 PM
jr usa's will be much better...

Angela123
03-08-2009, 09:25 PM
that is exactly what ive been thinking. people tend to forget that this is not a national show. just because it at the Arnold...doesnt mean that is at the caliber at jr nats or nationals. dont get me wrong..some competitors look great..but many do not...and im talking in all divisions, not just the bikini. also...this is an international show...with international judges...who judge differently. national level shows will be a WHOLE other ballgame.

sassy69
03-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Not really sure what to say... I think they need to define what the poses are supposed to be. Those back poses kinda look like a bunch of girls standing around a pool looking at a fat guy or soemthing. Looks like poor posture & slouchy shoulders.

Just have to see how it progresses.

indianamonster1986
03-09-2009, 12:43 AM

HOLY SHIT ITS RHIANNA ON THE RIGHT!!! I hate this now its gonna be another 2 hrs before the men's bbing finals start at the shows now....

Northman
03-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Wasn't Elise Firestone in that competition?

Mufasa
03-09-2009, 07:50 AM
A trainer on another Forum brought up an interesting point of discussion.

She stated (somewhat cynically) that "Reef" and "Hawaiian Tropic" sport a much more impressive and consistent line-up of competitors than in the NPC's intitial attempt at "bikini". I pointed out a few things:

1) The division IS new; and has a long way to go.

2) "Reef" and "Hawaiian Tropic" have defined, over several years, the "look" they are after, so that for the most part, competitors know what to bring to the contest.

3) Corporations are after a much more focused and single "look", because of the use of the girls in all forms of advertising.

I do think that the NPC will have to take a close look at defining "a" look somewhat (that takes time); defining some basic criteria; (e.g. tanning; some consistency in suits and footwear, etc.)

However, I would imagine that they don't want to make the criteria "too" tight...or we'll see them opening up ANOTHER division in a few years! (What's left? "The Lingerie Division"????)

Anyway...what do you guys think?

Mufasa

Mufasa
03-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Hawaiian Tropic.

Again; Corporations seek and select out a sort of consistency and "look" that would most likely would not be feasible in an NPC structured contest.

(What do you guys think?)

As many of you have said; this Division needs a lot of work and time.

Mufasa

Mufasa
03-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Last thought for discussion!

What do YOU guys see as some basic criteria? (Let's help the NPC out!)

I would say:

1) No footwear ("Bikini" was originally beach-inspired swim-wear that worked its way into beauty contest)

2) Tanning (again, the beach inspiration).

Define some LIMITED type of posing and presentation. (This has the potential to be a HUGE Division ($$$$) in terms of number of competitors.

Some other thoughts:

Perhaps limit the suit cuts?
No jewels?
Solid suit color only?

Thoughts?

Mufasa

MsGuns
03-09-2009, 10:44 PM
This is nice..seeing support for the bikini gurls
Another board is tearing this Gia gurl apart...
But its like they are failing to see Bikini wasnt started for a toned division this was for an avg gurl to come out and compete.
A lot of gurls back stage werent happy w/ Gia appears she didnt workout or diet for the show...or tan..smile

Bigboi
03-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Is working out a requirement for these lady? I understand the judges don't want nice muscle definition but don't they at least need to be toned up. Other than making more money, the bikini division was a bad idea. Bascially, you can be pro in the fitness industry and not even look like you work out? I guess thats a sweet deal the bikini ladies.

Angela123
03-10-2009, 11:49 AM
please...everyone...some of the comments some of you are making are very, very, very old. it has all been said and done. and honestly, it is annoying. im sick of it.

and yes..im pretty sure these ladies workout...meaning cardio and im sure they watch what they eat. most of them have picture perfect stereotypical bikini bodies. you cant be really thin like that by just eating like crap and laying in bed all day. i think a lot of them are toned. we need to stop comparing them to figure, fitness, and fbb competitors. of course when u compare them to those ladies, they look soft. but we must remember that to the average person, these ladies are incredibly toned. and yes their glutes are soft...we went over this. for a women to have incredibly toned and lean glutes..it pretty much doesnt happen til the last leg of a very strict diet and cardio prep plan. if those ladies followed a strict bb diet and cardio plan..they'd waste away trying to get their asses soft.

im going to start deleting comments if some of these lame bullshit "old" comments continue.

Mufasa
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I hope I wasn't too negative, O.

My hope is to a) stimulate discussion and b) hopefully the NPC will at least look at some of the suggestions coming out of discussions like this.

What do you see as some possible "basic" criteria for bikini?

Mufasa

Melissa
03-10-2009, 01:18 PM
My only issue with the outcome of the bikini division at the Arnold was that the newness of the division and a lack of judging criteria led to what appears to be inconsistent results. The two women who took second and third in the short class seemed to share a more consistent look with the overall winner.

Aside from that, I would say that most of top girls had that softer, sexy look that they are going for with this new division. I agree with Mufasa that there should be at least SOME more specific criteria for judging, but I think that will develop as the bikini division evolves. The girls should certainly have to have tan on, and I believe that they should pose as well. Just like a bodybuilder has to show his/her physique to the fullest potential through proper posing, the bikini girls should be expected to do the same. Of course, a front double bi or a rear lat spread doesn't best show off the bikini physique. But just like a variation of posing was developed for figure (sort of), one should also be developed for bikini. I mean, basic posture of standing up tall, chest out (or rather boobies out?), and holding your stomach in tight should be a given in the front and back poses. From there, the girls could be given a little more leeway to be creative with side poses, etc.

JohnnyMuscles
03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
[quote=Mufasa;82955]Hawaiian Tropic.

Again; Corporations seek and select out a sort of consistency and "look" that would most likely would not be feasible in an NPC structured contest.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't Bikini supposed to be a step up from a Hawaiian Tropic contest like a Figure-lite? The girls should at least look like they work out a little no? Otherwise you could probably go a thousand beaches and find some really attractive women who don't workout that are considered "hot" that could spur of the moment enter the contest and win. no?

Bigboi
03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
please...everyone...some of the comments some of you are making are very, very, very old. it has all been said and done. and honestly, it is annoying. im sick of it.

and yes..im pretty sure these ladies workout...meaning cardio and im sure they watch what they eat. most of them have picture perfect stereotypical bikini bodies. you cant be really thin like that by just eating like crap and laying in bed all day. i think a lot of them are toned. we need to stop comparing them to figure, fitness, and fbb competitors. of course when u compare them to those ladies, they look soft. but we must remember that to the average person, these ladies are incredibly toned. and yes their glutes are soft...we went over this. for a women to have incredibly toned and lean glutes..it pretty much doesnt happen til the last leg of a very strict diet and cardio prep plan. if those ladies followed a strict bb diet and cardio plan..they'd waste away trying to get their asses soft.

im going to start deleting comments if some of these lame bullshit "old" comments continue.
I guess opinons, not allowed. Sorry there :rolleyes:

Angela123
03-10-2009, 02:02 PM
if you are a frequent reader/poster in the women's section, whether it be here or MD..you would know that the negative talk and debate regarding bikini has gone on FOR MONTHS. most people have gotten past it and now realize bikini is now part of the NPC...and will show them the same respect as any other NPC athlete.

u many state ur opinon in the appropiate thread...you may start yet another debate thread about bikini...you may talk about whatever you want...you may state ur points about how bikini is developed for money, how it is a bad idea and that the girls look like they dont work out...please go right ahead and start a thread. but please be respectful of our ac amatuer winners and dont start a debate discussion about it in a thread dedicated to the winners.

Angela123
03-10-2009, 02:06 PM
[quote=Mufasa;82955]Hawaiian Tropic.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't Bikini supposed to be a step up from a Hawaiian Tropic contest like a Figure-lite? The girls should at least look like they work out a little no? Otherwise you could probably go a thousand beaches and find some really attractive women who don't workout that are considered "hot" that could spur of the moment enter the contest and win. no?

i am sure these women do work out "at least little" like you say. i dont know many women who could look the way they do by not setting a foot on a treadmill.

Bigboi
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
You can delete my comment then ondrea.

pnohe
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
i have 2 girls gettin ready for the Jr. usa's. one bikini, one figure... and they put in equal time and follow very similar diets. the main difference.... one has the ability to carry the size needed to compete on the national level in figure and the other does not. relegated to local/regional level figure with no future or switch gears to give bikini a try? basic question, simple answer. give it time

JohnnyMuscles
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
[quote=JohnnyMuscles;86776]

i am sure these women do work out "at least little" like you say. i dont know many women who could look the way they do by not setting a foot on a treadmill.

Hey sorry didn't mean to beat a dead horse, new to this board I guess everyone has talked bikini to death. I hear you but I have met some women in my life who claim to have never ever worked out a day in their lives who have some pretty good bikini type bodies, unless they're lying I don't know?? Anyway consider the topic dropped!!!!!!

~Dayna~
03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
She's a tad more muscular - which is probably why she placed 3rd. I like her look better, too.
Yeah she looks like she knows what the inside of gym looks like. I always feel bad for the figure girls I like when I go to a contest cause there normally have better condition and more muscle then the rest but of course never place well.

Angela123
03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
[quote=Ondrea;86877]

Hey sorry didn't mean to beat a dead horse, new to this board I guess everyone has talked bikini to death. I hear you but I have met some women in my life who claim to have never ever worked out a day in their lives who have some pretty good bikini type bodies, unless they're lying I don't know?? Anyway consider the topic dropped!!!!!!

dont be sorry. i can be a bitch sometimes. im sorry for my bitchy posts earlier in the day. but for real...this goes to anyone...just start a debate thread if u want. please dont debate in this thread. u may offer constructive critisicm towards the physiques of these women...but let's not get into a debate about bikini competitions in general.

JVALDEZ
03-13-2009, 03:44 PM
It seems everyone is talking about the "look",but isn't there a model walk also? and overall presentation involved? Ali brought all of that to the stage and my guess is why she won,like everything else in this sport it the total package not just one part...

MsGuns
03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
I hope I wasn't too negative, O.

My hope is to a) stimulate discussion and b) hopefully the NPC will at least look at some of the suggestions coming out of discussions like this.

What do you see as some possible "basic" criteria for bikini?

Mufasa

Not tryin to be mean but the NPC isnt going to take suggestions from a msg board.
You have to put it in their face get a rep to take it to a meeting or write Jim Manion.

But good ideas, Mufasa!