PDA

View Full Version : natural-ish female hormone optimization

Anthony
01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi Ladies,

My post-menopausal wife is looking to compete for the first time and I'm looking to help her increase her libedo (because I care). Terms are no hormones not common in the body (e.g. test is fine but no var), all topical and no doses high enough for significantly supra-physiological levels - optimized.

With very moderate use of test and progesterone (no estrogen yet), her current levels are 48/0.7/15 respecitivly (all ng/dl I think - std US lab terms) - all about middle of normal for an untreated post menopausal woman.

How much estrogen and progesterone are useful for cutting? Libiedo? What are ideal physiological levels?

thx

sassy69
01-15-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm confused.. so your wife is post-menopausal (thus does not deal w/ the normal estrogenic issues of a pre-menopausal competitor). You don't want recommendations for a competition cycle except for a topical testosterone, such as androgel. And you are asking how much exogenous estrogen & progesterone are useful for cutting?

That's where I lose you. Competitors don't introduce estrogen & progesterone to a contest prep to cut. Instead they usually, if they use anything, will be using an "anti-estrogen". The other thing w/ topical test is that its very hard to control your dose, and test may introduce additional estrogen from conversion.

So I guess I can't help you. I really have never seen anyone measuring "ideal levels" of estrogen for competition. The "ideal amount" is the amount that the competitor 'wears' well.

Also you don't identify what type of competition she is doing & what her current stats are (i.e. height, weight, bodyfat). RE: libido -- again w/ the androgel, if she's already using it, work with your doctor. Can't help you much.

musclemilf
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
^^ 100% with Sassy

I'm on HRT because of crashed estradiol levels, and in my opinion, is not a situation conducive to building muscle mass or cutting. In fact, cycling estradiol with progesterone (usually cycled every 3 months for post meno women with a uterus) known to turn women into mean, bloaty, eating machines - think PMS.

Anthony
01-15-2010, 09:07 AM
I really have never seen anyone measuring "ideal levels" of estrogen for competition. The "ideal amount" is the amount that the competitor 'wears' well.

Thanks, that exactly answers my question.

sassy69
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks, that exactly answers my question.

Okie dokie... I wasn't sure where you were going with the discussion - but the fact is that there is no "quantitative model" of the ideal female physique competitor. Especially for a first time competitor - the more important thing is to just get on stage & see if you like it. You are always competing against yourself. You can't start your journey to the stage worrying if you will bring the perfect winning body. Simply because there is no predictable 'perfect winning body', and this sport is not a short term pursuit - i.e. you aren't just spending 16 weeks to build this "winning body" - instead its work you've done over the course of your life to build the body you have, and then the last 16 weeks are just to dial in whatever you have to the best of its ability. Trying to do short-term hormone manipulation on that timeframe won't build "the perfect physique".

So just trying to emphasize that competition prep is SOOOO much more than trying to use drugs before mastering the rest of it and just plain old "doing" it to see if you like it, to work on your presentation, getting comfortable w/ all the stuff that goes into getting yourself dressed and on stage. Even the "perfect female physique" can't win if they don't present well on stage.