PDA

View Full Version : The Murtaugh List

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2010, 06:22 AM
I was watching "How I Met Your Mother" tonight and they had an episode called The Murtaugh list. The Murtaugh List is a list of things you can answer with "I'm too old for this shit!" Taken from Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon. So what's on your Murtaugh list?

Mine....

Partying after midnight. Unless it's drinking wine at home while I surf the net.

No sleep from said partying and going right to work the next morning.

Heavy leg day the day after said partying.

Funny how all mine surround alcohol and my inability to consume copious amounts these days.

Please feel free to continue the list.....

Sledge
01-15-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't have a problem with the partying all night thing. It's the recovery period the next day that's changed.

3 days of hard riding and drinking and then turning up at work the next day, UMmm No.

Live band. Don't even think about talking to me, I can't hear a fucking word your saying.

My whites and colours get separated before the wash now.

Friday and Saturday nights are the worst nights to go out because of the crowds.

Mac
01-15-2010, 07:17 AM
When friends or relatives say :

Come on... just have ONE more.

bodyhard
01-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I'll add to the list when I get too old I doubt it will ever happen though.

Mac
01-15-2010, 07:43 AM
I'll add to the list when I get too old I doubt it will ever happen though.

Good one. You're so fucking witty. That should be my attitude.

bodyhard
01-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Good one. You're so fucking witty. That should be my attitude.

Its in my genes man, grandfather died at 100, grandmother at 102. Grandfather kept hanging out and chilling till he was 90+. Lived with 3 women. When I told him he was too old (he was semi blind at the time) he put his hands up, like he was grabbing two tits and said as long as my dick gets hard and I can feel around I am not too old!

My father is 80 now, he has Alzheimer's now, but he was working out and hanging out till his late 70's.

freebirdmac
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Drama. Come to think of it I never was into all of the drama some people get themselves into. But now I really am too old to deal with that crap.

All nighters. Without alcohol even. I helped my daughter finish her first college term paper (yes she waited until the last minute) and ended up staying awake all night. She needed help with Microsoft Word as well as motivation. It took two days to recover.

BS. I've heard enough in my life. Especially at work. I've reached my limit.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Confused...is this a list that includes challenges you want to accompish 1. next 24 hours 2. 'before you grow old' ?? Saw the question in the show differently.

My answer to 1. survive, and 2. dance with my grand daughters at their weddings and finally win a National Bodybuilding title.

Otherwise damn near done it all.

Baldie

Bob45
01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I keep saying I'm too old to work too many hours at a physical job. If I'm not rich by now I will never be. It's better to enjoy life as much as I can and still work plenty.

I will always be great at turning beer, wine, and mixed drinks into urine. :yep:

Ninja Loco
01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
The only thing Im too old for is drama, gossip and all that bullshit, online or real life. No Im not being a wiseass. Pretty much I still feel young enough to do everything I was phisically capable of in my early 20s. Hell I know Im both stronger and faster :).

Never did drink or smoke so my partying was a lot different.

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Confused...is this a list that includes challenges you want to accompish 1. next 24 hours 2. 'before you grow old' ?? Saw the question in the show differently.

My answer to 1. survive, and 2. dance with my grand daughters at their weddings and finally win a National Bodybuilding title.

Otherwise damn near done it all.

Baldie

No, The Murtaugh List (I'm too old for this shit) is not to be confused with The Bucket List (list of things to do before you kick the bucket).

I agree with the drama statements. I'm too old to be involved in the drama. I still like other people's drama.

Another one....raising kids. I don't have the patience for 24/7 childrearing.

Since I'm older, I can't sleep past 9am no matter what time I go to bed.