PDA

View Full Version : got to worst from where i started

majnnuu
01-16-2010, 02:55 PM
hi all this is my first post on rx...i am 25 yrs old ht 5ft 9inches, weight is 118 kgs(260 pounds).let me tell you somthing about my history than i will get to my problem.

till i reach the age of 16 i was fat for all those years.when i was 16 my weight was 99kgs(217 pounds). i was fed up from myself so i joined a gym..within 2 months i was 85kgs (187 pounds).then i became irregular in gym but my weight was stable. after 1 year i again became regular in gym and within 3 months i was at 78kgs(171 pounds) with some toned muscles.

when at 16 yrs i was loosing weight i did a foolish thing.for a week i had nothing but only water, milk and some cornflakes and just 2 breads, though i lost 7 kgs(15.4 pounds) in that week, i felt so weak and felt like i will faint.at that time my exercising schedule was:
1 hr weight training with light weight 4 sets per exercise of 15-18 reps
soon after that 30 mins of running and 20 mins of abdominal exercises.

Then i joined college and almost never went to gym.after two years i noticed my weight was around 103kgs(226 pounds).then i again joined gym and started exercising, but due to lack of interest and irregularity my weight didn't came down.i stopped going to gym once again.after year from that i was weighing 115kgs(253 pounds). now i have lost hope .i have become lazy and feel like sleeping all the time and do not have much stamina, now i cant even run for 15 mins and could not work out in gym for 30 mins as i feel so tired.

what i think my main problem is, i have almost killed my metabolic rate.i have taken lipid profile and thyroid test but result of both the test were normal.

now after visiting this forum and watching TRANSFORMATIONS of different people, i have gained confidence that i can get in good shape.so please all you experts help me to boost my metabolism, guide me from where should i start(shedule) and what deit to follow.i really want to lose weight as fast as possible.i want to have a lean body not bodybuilders types.

PLEASE NOTE I AM PURE VEGITARIAN AND DONT EVEN EAT EGGS, NOR DO I WANT TO USE ANY SUPPLEMENTS OR ANY ARTIFICAL PROTIEN.

please help me.

s2h
01-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Brother i've been there went from 1992 185pds of shredded muscle,6 pack,30inch waist(was in the army para),Fast forward 4 years of college ,marrige no gym for 10 years to 2001-02 at 320lbs(i'm 5'9')went to the doc one day and had a BP of 160/110,his exact words were "your gonna be dead by the time your 45" I said holy shit.Joined a local gym and lost 100 pounds on my own in 1 year in 2003.Kept at it and never stopped,i competed in my 1st BB show in 2007 at 181.6 pds.i to this day still compete and follow a BB life style,i also met my wife a female BB in 2005 and just marrried in Oct of 2009.I now wiegh 235 lbs at 10%bf and do BB preps and diets,the whole thing that changed me was right between my ears,you and only you can decide if you want to change your life,it's a slow process at first but you can do it if you put your mind to it,good luck and dont give up!!!

s2h
01-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions???

majnnuu
01-17-2010, 06:59 AM
thanx bro your words will motivate me,can you please post some exercise schedule and diet plan for a pure vegetarian person like me

s2h
01-17-2010, 08:56 AM
go on the net a google veggie/workout there;s somebody out there that has to have a meal plan and training routine for veggies!!!

JAM
01-17-2010, 11:13 AM
It won't be easy but remember it's a challenge and you're not gonna loose. Nothing worth having comes easy. My advice is to start with some low/med intensity cardio for 30 min or so keeping your heart rate around the 120's somewhere. Start small and don't burn yourself out in the first week thinking you have to change super quickly.
What works for me is morning cardio on an empty stomach. To mentally prepare to start I pick a day a few days or so away and mentally commit to it and tell myself I have to choice but to wake up that morning and go. So I wake up at 5:05 and am in the gym by 5:20 doing an elliptical or walking on a treadmill watching a movie or TV on my zune. After wards I do some good stretching and a little ab work. Like 3 sets of crunches and 3 sets of knee ups and I'm done.
The key is to remember that the first week is the toughest. But after that it becomes more routine. It becomes way easier to wake up earlier and contrary to what people think it helps the rest of the day. At around 3 weeks of doing this everyday I'm not staying up super late and really can't sleep past 5am.
After you get that down you can modify it to what fits you. Maybe increase cardio or do weight training afterward or add a second session in the evening. It's up to you.

But remember it's all mental. Think positively and don't set unrealistic goals. Pick small weekly goals to meet. Also, there are tons of motivational vids on youtube that are awesome at getting you pumped to go kill it.

And don't forget dieting is crucial. I don't know much about vegan dieting but I do know that getting into the habit of preparing 5-6 small meals the night before and evenly timing them throughout the day is also really helpful. It keeps you from cheating reduces temptations because you know the next meal isn't that far away.

That's my advice. Hope it helps and you reach your goals man.

Little Stocky
01-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Checkout Veganbodybuilding.Org they have a forum section also. They should be able to further guide you. Hope your journey goes well.

majnnuu
01-18-2010, 01:48 PM
thanks for all who have posted here and boosted me.i have started gym and followed a diet.both diet and exercise has been planned by me please go through it and let me know if any changes are required in it.

my aim is to get in good shape and lose about 40kgs(88 pounds) in 6 months and get a lean and muscular body(pic attached).i also aim to post my transformation pics here on rx as soon as reach my aim.

following is the schedule i have selected:
evening session
Monday:chest+back
Tuesday :biceps_triceps
Wednesday:shoulders+legs

each day will include 5 mins of warm up+ 15 minutes of cycling+8 different exercises of 4 sets 15-18 reps each+15 mins of cycling(to cool down)

morning session will be empty stomach cardio: 5mins of warmup+ 30 mins of treadmill+30 mins of abs,crunches,sit ups etc

diet
1spoon honey+little ginger+Luke warm water (empty stomach to increase metabolism)
after 1 hr:1 glass of milk with oats(without sugar)

i cup green vegetables cooked in olive oil

1 glass fresh juice

i cup of boiled chickpeas or soya beans with lemon+salt+pepper+spicies

1 glass of soy milk

i don't know the macro contents of these food but i know these are low in carb,fat or sugar.the calorie count will be near 1200 calories.

i will keep you all updated with my weight and will post it here every week on sunday.as i started it from today my weight empty stomach was 116.5(256.3 pounds). and i have missed my today morning cardio so will start cardio from tomorrow as i made this schedule today afternoon
guys please let me know if going by this schedule and diet will i reach my goal or should there be some changes and if so what are the changes.

djh0582
01-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Just remmeber it doesn't happen over nite. It's a lifestyle change for the better. Meal plan looks good for a veggian, workout looks good too jus don't try to do everything @ once, you can get burnt out quick. Enjoy take your time Congrats

s2h
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Make sure you are taking plenty of supplements to compensate for the lack of meat in your diet,w/out BCAA'S,creatine,taurine to name a few your not going to have the proper nutrients to sustain quality muscle growth,There;s a combo mix you can get at your local nutrition store for veggie's to make uo for the shortages in these areas.I just cant remember off the top of my head who makes it butit's espically formulated for vegetarins.

majnnuu
01-20-2010, 01:05 PM
thanx guys for concern......

@s2h sir do you think my diet is lacking important nutrients??
actually i have never used any supplements and want to reach my goal all natural...do you think its not possible??

s2h
01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
it's possible being a vegan but you need to supplement for the lack of nutrients your not getting from meat you need to take BCAA's along w/ CMI 24/7(or a similar compound) to compensate for the lack of nutrients in your diet from the lack of meat and fish.Make sure you keep your heart rate under 120bpm to burn fat only on the empty stomach cardio.i would change your workout to 5 days a week of wieght training.
monday:shoulders,traps,abs
tuesday:leggs,calves
wedneday:arms,abs
thursday:back
friday:chest,abs
with cardio 5 days a week 45 -60 minutes low intensity empty stomach AM
1200 calories at 256 pounds your starving yourself ,so your gonna lose wieght but your not gonna gain any muscle unless you get a well balanced amount of the suplements mentioned into your system.

Too be honest i'm a BB so veggie diets arent my bread and butter but this should give you a good base.

DICE
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
lol@ wanting to change ur body and being a vegetarian.

majnnuu
01-24-2010, 07:49 AM
lol@ wanting to change ur body and being a vegetarian.

there is nothing to lol about if i am a vegetarian,anyways thanx for your words now i will work more harder to reach my goal and it will be all VEGETARIAN.

result time guys i followed the same deit and schedule as i mentioned, but the morning cardio session i havnt started yet.i will start it from tomorrow.i am also thinking of adding green tea to my diet and now my wt is 112.3 kg (247 pounds) so i have lost 4.2 kg (9.24 pounds).in a week that is 6 days of weight training only

so guys tell me how is it going and do i need to change anything??
as i treat to my body today(Sunday) i had one burger rest diet was same.
all comments and suggestions are welcome.

s2h
01-24-2010, 05:40 PM
alot of that 9.24 pounds was water,it is common to loose large amounts of wieght the 1st week then it will taper off.you should loose somewhere around 1-3 pounds a weeek avg.You also can incorporate soy/tofu based items in your diet to make up for the lack of protien,they do make soy protien powder,i dont know if your a vegeterian or a vegan so thata gonna make a difference,but you need protien to grow muscle!

majnnuu
01-25-2010, 04:04 AM
@ s2h thanx sir you always take time to reply me.thanx for your support.yes for protiens i am taking soy products like soy milk and tufu/soy cheese.i am also taking boiled soy beans with lemon and spicies. i am also planning to get soy powder for more protiens, as u suggesed.do you think it will help in making hard tonned muscles? do i need to change anything like exercise or diet? should i change the exercise to what you have suggesed before.

and i am a vegetarian and can also use milk and milk products.

i know what i am loosing is water but i am feeling more confident and physical appereance is getting better

tight booty
01-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Just remmeber it doesn't happen over nite. It's a lifestyle change for the better. Meal plan looks good for a veggian, workout looks good too jus don't try to do everything @ once, you can get burnt out quick. Enjoy take your time Congrats
Yes it's a lifestyle change. The guys have given you some good advice. Take one day at a time and remember everyday you change and get closer to achieving your goal. When you achieve your goal, then you will have to maintain it so definitely keep training and eating a well balanced diet.

s2h
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
ya stick w/ your trainining as i stated before and make sure your gettn 1.5-2 grams of protien per pound!

majnnuu
02-02-2010, 08:31 AM
this week was very busy for me.....did evening session for 3 days and havnt started cardio yet.diet was low then what was planned and one junk meal i had...didnt even had time to eat much.

and now for the result i am 111.2kg(244.64 pounds) and the total weight loss this week is 1.1kg(2.42 pounds) i think i have to work harder and stop missing my gym.

comments and recommendations are welcome

swoleoneday
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I agree with everything s2h is saying. You need these nutrients to help repair and grow muscles. Supplementing isn't necessarily "not natural" you need supplements to be active and workout without damaging your body.

BCAA's are a must, without meat you will need Iron. Are you taking any vitamins? Something to think about also.

majnnuu
02-14-2010, 10:17 AM
yes guys for iron i am taking a bowl of spinach and for proteins i am taking a lot of soy products like beans,milk and cheese.i take 2-3 glass of fresh orange juice daily for vitamin c and also use lemon on daily basis.will these be ok???

i can also use soy powder if you guys suggest me....

now for the result

could not post last weeks result because i didnt get time....the last week i gained 1 pound dont know how as i followed the same diet and same exercise.?????

now for this week result i m now at 108.3 kgs(238.26 pounds) and i have lost 3.4 kgs(7.48 pounds). missed my last two days of gym and diet because i am not well and having sore throat and high fever.

till now i havnt started morning session and have not started cardio.

no i think i shall start morning session from tomorrow

what do you guys think of my progress and will i achive my goal in time????

comments,suggestions are welcomed.

thanx