PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a secret ?

McLaug
01-18-2010, 05:12 AM
BB starts in the head. How do you kickstart yourself into Training-Mode after a long day on the job? Have you got a secret and are you willing to share it ? :):)

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Bodybuilding, fitness, etc. There are no secrets. It's a fire inside you. You either have it or you don't. If you have to constantly look for external motivation you will never accomplish your goals.

Sledge
01-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Pre preparation is the key for me with diet and training. When I'm at work I work a 12 hour shift so by having all my gym gear layed out ready to go I just walk into my room and change and out the door. Same with food. I'll spend a sunday afternoon watching a DVD while I cook and weigh out all my meals and put them in tupperware or ziplok bags. That way I don't have to think about cooking or where I'm getting my next meal or even deciding what to eat.

mygirlsdad
01-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Proper preparation= Proper performance. I.E., if you have not spent the time pre-cooking/planning/ and eating your meals you are not in the right mindset to blast through the iron. It is 60% diet, 30% training, and 10% supplements.

ryu-soma
01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
It's this burning desire to get better and bigger each and every day. If you can go to the gym at 3 in the morning to train chest because you just got off work and the owner gave you a key because you built him a website, then you've got desire up the ass. (Yes i've done that :p )

"Rodz"
01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Pre preparation is the key for me with diet and training. When I'm at work I work a 12 hour shift so by having all my gym gear layed out ready to go I just walk into my room and change and out the door. Same with food. I'll spend a sunday afternoon watching a DVD while I cook and weigh out all my meals and put them in tupperware or ziplok bags. That way I don't have to think about cooking or where I'm getting my next meal or even deciding what to eat.

Prep is the key!!!!!!

Duaneo
01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I dont walk into my house until after I have fnished my workout, as I live in a small contry town and there are no gyms, I built my own private gym in a big shed. So when I get home from work I go staight into the shed, and everything is there waiting for me. My shed keeps me honest. Been doing it so long now its 2nd nature.

djh0582
01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
It always good to have some support, someone close to you thats gonna push you. For me it's my wife or my brotha(we always compete against each other).

Ninja Loco
01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I look in the mirror and remember what I looked like before. Its all I need to keep me going. There is no secret, you either do it or you dont.

McLaug
01-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Thank you all very much for your replies. It helps me to listen to BB Radio Shows on my way home. It's a one hour rattling on a street car here in Frankfurt. To read articles about Expos,Shows etc. on my lunch break is very motivating too. Seems that I need the written and the spoken word. Mhh...

s2h
01-19-2010, 08:38 AM
BB starts in the head. How do you kickstart yourself into Training-Mode after a long day on the job? Have you got a secret and are you willing to share it ? :):)ya it's called no explode (the new version) let's face it i work 10 hour days up at 430am when 4 pm rolls around doing a set of deads or squats isnt the 1st thing you can think of,iv'e competed,trained w/ and for competititors my wifes a BB and Personal trainer,but when it comes down to it find a pre work out drink that gets you going and clears your head and makes you want to hit the iron,also i would recommend sub-ling b12 w/ l caritine if you wanna avoid caffenine so your not up all nite.alot of people say "plan ahead" that's great but at 5pm on a monday your gonna have to wing it a bit cause these places a packed.Also if possible trainn 3days on week days and 2 on weekends,if you work m-f(which i idont) it gives you more flexibility on times!!!!

Big Sky Guy
01-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Good music helps fan the flames

McLaug
01-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Circumstances forced me to gather a little Bench-Station, an incline-bench and a squat-rack to execise at home. I want/need to gather strengh. A gym is out of the question, so let's see how it all goes from here.

I thank you all for your time and answers.

Johnny Phenomenon
01-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I would use whatever circumstances that forced you out of the gym as motivation. It is one of those obstacles trying to stop you from attaining your goals. Set an alarm for every time you want to work out, and let it act as a trigger. Also, write down what drives you, or what is trying to stop you, and read it to yourself every day.

Good luck.

DICE
01-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Watch an asylum video of whatever body part u will be training. Works for me. Im stoked after that. Or some good youtube vids.

thesamewords
01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
I see my training as an investment. I monitor all of my investments closely. The more time that I spend away from them can allow someone else to capitalize on my time and effort. Most things I do, I simply regard as investments that way I make quality gains (and losses!) in all of the appropriate arenas like school,work, and training.Even the beef I buy is an investment!!!!

Duaneo
01-21-2010, 03:43 PM
I put a picture of Ivan Drago on my mirror......then I go out and shoulder press horsecarts full of people.

Doin it Rocky style!

McLaug
01-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Thank you all. You guys seem to have it all down to what works for you. As kind of a beginner I am totally confused. Whenever I open a Magazine, there are literally tons of different programs to gain muscles, a million supplements you SHOULD take if you ever want to get bigger at all and all the PROs give advice. (some of their programs would "kill me", I'm sure) So I sometimes sit on my bench and it seems that I can't cut through all of that to even start. Here the GYMs are either McFit-like (endless rows of machines, no free weights and more of a fashion-statement) or HARDCORE (too tough for me) I tried both, couldn't find an in-between and decided to do it on my own.