PDA

View Full Version : Axioma's Journal and Journey to Masters Nationals 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Mac
07-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Ax, did you read Dave P's review of your physique in the play by play?

axioma
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
No, I will have to check it out.
1. Went for acupuncture..really helped. I will say 75% better, which takes it out of excrutiating area to just the bothersome. Prescribed: no compound leg movements for 4-5 days and lots of stretching.

2. Haven't gotten in to see doc about sinuses yet. Not to sound too gross, but scabby, hunks the size of my thumb nail are coming out, with green, yellow and blood covering them. Brain chunks? Am I giving myself a snot lobotomy everytime I blow? Holy Jeez, that is why I feel so stupid. Seriously, need to get this taken care of...getting into the lungs...again....

3. Eating has not abated...I made TWO cobblers last night, peach and blackberry...both are now history. Xiomara is holding her own in this...

AnglicanBeachParty
07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
No, I will have to check it out.

I will save you the hunting ... it took me 10 minutes to find this:

MATT HELTON shredded………….. classic physique……….. striated glutes……. Could use a little more mass overall…but muscle separation is top notch………. Good presentation.

Mac
07-29-2010, 03:09 PM
You beat me to it ABP. I thought he might want to read that, especially the top notch part!

AnglicanBeachParty
07-29-2010, 03:10 PM
You beat me to it ABP. I thought he might want to read that, especially the top notch part!

I would feel very good getting that kind of review from Dave.

One thing that wasn't mentioned, but I saw, was that Matt's color was very good, too!

axioma
07-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Wow! I didn't read that...I'm speechless. Guess I have to keep my perspective, did the best I could with what I had at the time. I don't know if you ever feel 100%, however I realize that I was (and still) battling being sick and worn out. I am making my plans for next year...hope you guys will keep reading when I start the new journal.

Right now, just want to get well and rested. Looking forward to Heather and Adam getting back from their roadtrip, really miss them. Xiomara is thinking about entering the show in August, but honestly, I'm not going to push her. We got the weekend and will hit the gym on Monday.

axioma
07-29-2010, 03:37 PM
PS. I did the color prep exactly like the LSR site said to do it and I think that helped.

Mac
07-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Wow! I didn't read that...I'm speechless.

I thought that would make your day. It does place things into perspective and attests to how good you did look.

Baldiewonkanobi
07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
It does place things into perspective and attests to how good you did look.

Ahmen brother.

BTW Heather is a doll. You guys did an amazing job launching her into society.

Baldie

GerryT
07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Matt, sorry we did not get a good chance to talk. But hope we can have a family reunion next year. You should be proud of yourself. Competed like a champ.

axioma
07-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Ahmen brother.

BTW Heather is a doll. You guys did an amazing job launching her into society.

Baldie

She is. I have to give Xiomara most of the credit for Heather, as I didn't come into her life until she was 8 years old. I actually taught her in school, so in retrospect it was a nice segue from teacher to step dad.

Xiomara and I both had it tough growing up...we took those lessons and structured Heather's childhood and adolescence so that she had everything she needed, not necessarily everything she wanted. While we didn't have much, Heather never felt at a disadvantage...she always thought her parents were weird and unconventional, but loving and fair.

I remember a conversation I had with Heather during her first year of college. She was struggling to juggle boyfriend, pre-med, new relationships, homesickness...and she knew we were struggling to make do as well. She doesn't get blue much so I sat her down for some Dad time.

I told her she was living a fairytale: She has a tremendous relationship with her mother (just the two of them the first 8 years of her life) and has a step dad that thinks the moon rises and sets on her smiles. She is an athlete and a dedicated scholar. She has the most developed sense of fairness and justice I have ever encountered. She never had a boyfriend in high school, just good friends. She has been dating the very fine young man she met at Governor's School in high school and they kept in touch for several years and it blossomed and we think of him as a son.
I told her that "fairy tales" do happen and why not to her? Oh, there will be the pitfall or heartbreak, but every fairy tale has those too. I want her to always feel she is deserving of all the wonderful things that life gives her and embrace them and pass them on. She is our princess.

Baldie, you really made an impact on her...there has been a void since my father passed 18 months ago...you filled it, just in that short time.

axioma
07-30-2010, 08:27 AM
a side bar on the "weird and unconventional":
Heather played varsity soccer all through high school. We tried to get to every game we could. We went to the "other side of the field", backed the truck up to the sidelines, put the tailgate down and sat in lounge chairs eating sushi and drinking beer in styrofoam cups, hooping and hollering for the girls. Heather would just shake her head, mortified, until her teammates would come up and say, "Heather, your parents ROCK!" She would grin.

axioma
07-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Two Hot Latinas...loved listening to them chatter...ahhhh....

Baldiewonkanobi
08-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Matt I guess I was born to be a Grandfather. I am blessed with two 19 year old Grandaughters, Megan and Samantha, and Heather fits right in between the two. Heather energised me just talking with her. Beautiful goes without saying. Fresh face, inquisitive eyes and a yearning to explore the history of our Nation on her swing thru Penn. She also has a good taste in men. Her BF was a gentleman and equally fresh and iquisitive. Girls tend to pick men like their dad.

When I married Randee she came with a mini me package, Teri. What a gift. I have lost my Randee but still have Teri in my life. She is the mom of Megan. And you have the gift of Heather.

Grandpa Baldie

PS...hows the sinus infection??

PPS...where does Xiomara's trophy reside?

axioma
08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks, and we look forward to visit...anytime!

Xiomara's trophy resides firmly in her hand...goes to the office...goes home..by the bed...

Sinus infection is clear and I feel like I will hit the gym today. Figured I would list some ailments and thoughts for posterity:
1. Really have to be careful bringing carbs back after long keto diet. I gained 30lbs in a week.

2. Antibiotics made transition even worse, severe bloating, gas, acid reflux, you name it...last night was brutal. My stomach was distended and hard as a rock. After Fiberlyze and gingerale, everything broke about 2 a.m. ugly, nuff said.

3. I begin my training for next year today. My weight is 220lbs.

4. Fuck judges: Let me qualify that...some judges know what they are looking at and some...don't. I could post some photos of three of the guys who placed ahead of me, I won't, no disrespect to them. However, it is a real slap in face when someone who looks completely fucked up places ahead of you. I heard too many comments, some from judges, like, he has been here 5 times so he deserves the placing, or he looked good, but so and so will make a better pro...bullshit. Dr. Victor Primp said "we just noticed he had a torn muscle so we couldn't let him become a pro"...you didn't see it in the prejudging? oh, he was good enough to beat out other competitors in his class with the torn muscle, but not good enough to be a pro. Bottom line: list the criteria and the physique that fulfills the criteria to the greatest degree wins. No sympathy votes, no crystal ball (who will be a great pro) votes, just who looks the best.

5. Having said that: I will be back next year presenting the body, the physique that I have in my mind. I did not do that this year. 198 is not going to cut it. I have to be at least 210 to say I have accomplished what I wanted...take some pictures and retire. I lost three lbs. of muscle to squeeze into the lt hvys and it was in my quads, chest and back. If I don't have it next year, then maybe the year after. I won't step on stage again until I have IT!

6. I don't know how people can enter more than one show...this thing wiped us out for anything other than bills for a long time. We just don't have the income to support multiple shows in a year. That is why we decided not to compete the end of August, just can't afford it.

7. Masters Nationals: a. great competitors...the best. b. great expeditors c. Pitt, great city.
now the shit list:
a. trophys are not in line with the accomplishment.
b. venue sucks: a/c (lack thereof),
don't turn down the house lights for the night posing (disrespectful to competitors with people coming and going),
did I say hot...I mean making pizzas in the hallway!
Poorly attended, half full at best.
Having said this...I will be back. The title is what it is...the best Masters bodybuilder in the Nation...so I will suck it up.

Hammerfit
08-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks, and we look forward to visit...anytime!

Xiomara's trophy resides firmly in her hand...goes to the office...goes home..by the bed...

Sinus infection is clear and I feel like I will hit the gym today. Figured I would list some ailments and thoughts for posterity:
1. Really have to be careful bringing carbs back after long keto diet. I gained 30lbs in a week.

2. Antibiotics made transition even worse, severe bloating, gas, acid reflux, you name it...last night was brutal. My stomach was distended and hard as a rock. After Fiberlyze and gingerale, everything broke about 2 a.m. ugly, nuff said.

3. I begin my training for next year today. My weight is 220lbs.

4. Fuck judges: Let me qualify that...some judges know what they are looking at and some...don't. I could post some photos of three of the guys who placed ahead of me, I won't, no disrespect to them. However, it is a real slap in face when someone who looks completely fucked up places ahead of you. I heard too many comments, some from judges, like, he has been here 5 times so he deserves the placing, or he looked good, but so and so will make a better pro...bullshit. Dr. Victor Primp said "we just noticed he had a torn muscle so we couldn't let him become a pro"...you didn't see it in the prejudging? oh, he was good enough to beat out other competitors in his class with the torn muscle, but not good enough to be a pro. Bottom line: list the criteria and the physique that fulfills the criteria to the greatest degree wins. No sympathy votes, no crystal ball (who will be a great pro) votes, just who looks the best.

5. Having said that: I will be back next year presenting the body, the physique that I have in my mind. I did not do that this year. 198 is not going to cut it. I have to be at least 210 to say I have accomplished what I wanted...take some pictures and retire. I lost three lbs. of muscle to squeeze into the lt hvys and it was in my quads, chest and back. If I don't have it next year, then maybe the year after. I won't step on stage again until I have IT!

6. I don't know how people can enter more than one show...this thing wiped us out for anything other than bills for a long time. We just don't have the income to support multiple shows in a year. That is why we decided not to compete the end of August, just can't afford it.

7. Masters Nationals: a. great competitors...the best. b. great expeditors c. Pitt, great city.
now the shit list:
a. trophys are not in line with the accomplishment.
b. venue sucks: a/c (lack thereof),
don't turn down the house lights for the night posing (disrespectful to competitors with people coming and going),
did I say hot...I mean making pizzas in the hallway!
Poorly attended, half full at best.
Having said this...I will be back. The title is what it is...the best Masters bodybuilder in the Nation...so I will suck it up.

Bro I feel ya about judges. My wife puts it best in perspective when I get pissed. She says look in the mirror and tell me what you see, If you are happy with it then fuck what anybody else thinks! Man that is so true. We all have to be true to ourselves. We work so freakin hard to be judged my someone who may or may not have hidden agendas. It's funny at this last show the head judge even talked about this very subject. How some judges will vote for their favorite not even considering a more worthy competitor and that is just the way it is and that's why they have so many judges and throw out the highest and lowest scores. That's some fucked up shit!

That's ok, it is what it is and there's nothing we can do about it. The only thing you can do is to make it very obvious that you are the clear winner hands down. To do that we have to have perfect symmetry, shredded conditioning, and then be the biggest guy in our class. That's a tall order but you saw what happened at the USA's? There were some bad asses in that SWH Div. And Jason came out of no where and took it!

I also agree with you 200% on competing in too many shows. That's what I have done and when you do that there is no chance of bringing up weak points. You have to grow and that takes time. I'm with ya, I will not compete again until April, in our local show and I will compete in the Open Div. just to qualify for Nationals.

That sucks about the venue and lighting. You would think it would be a big production. You should have been at the Power Shack Classic in Biloxi. It was unreal! We were in a Coliseum with a very large crowd and at least 6 pros showed up to promote it. Best show I have ever been to.

Mac
08-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm with ya, I will not compete again until April, in our local show and I will compete in the Open Div. just to qualify for Nationals.

Are you referring to the Master's Nationals? To qualify, you only need to have competed in an NPC show once in your life.

Hammerfit
08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Are you referring to the Master's Nationals? To qualify, you only need to have competed in an NPC show once in your life.

I thought it was once a year?

Mac
08-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I thought it was once a year?

From the site :

Bodybuilding competitors need only to have entered a previous NPC contest, no matter what the year, no matter what the placing, no matter what the category - Teen, Novice, Collegiate, Masters, Open, etc.

http://www.garyudit.com/npc_eligibility.html

Hammerfit
08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
From the site :

Bodybuilding competitors need only to have entered a previous NPC contest, no matter what the year, no matter what the placing, no matter what the category - Teen, Novice, Collegiate, Masters, Open, etc.

http://www.garyudit.com/npc_eligibility.html

Cool well maybe I dont even do the one show in PCola. More time to grow!

axioma
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Okay, just to catch you up...it has been a rough 24 hours.

After posting yesterday, starting suffering SEVERE stomach pain...I mean excruciating. Gut was blown out like a starving child.

Started burping...Witches of Eastwick shit...
Puked twice on the drive home...bile was weird...super thick frothy green shit..

Really thinking about emergency room at this point...

Jumbo says body is in shock...get some super dieters tea...drink and wait.
I piss and shit all night long...should have just gotten in the kennel and let Xiomara hose me off in the morning...long night.

Morning: I am 10lbs lighter and stomach is down considerably. All I can eat is carbs: ezekial bread, oatmeal, grits and eggs. Can't deal with the thought of meat right now. Drank pedialite as I am seriously dehydrated at this point. I stretched and every muscle locked up...fucking ridiculous.

I thought I was out of the water...took a leak...BAM...grabbed the wall...Oh shit! Kidney Stone....Thank God I was able to keep aim and the fella didn't completely draw up into my belly! Holy Shit! I'm laughing while I got tears streaming down my face...what else can you do...?

I AM going to the gym today. I will eat a plain baked potato and drink some isolyze. Cut my protein intake back to 20-25 grams per serving for a few days.

I love this....Haaaa!

Hammerfit
08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Okay, just to catch you up...it has been a rough 24 hours.

After posting yesterday, starting suffering SEVERE stomach pain...I mean excruciating. Gut was blown out like a starving child.

Started burping...Witches of Eastwick shit...
Puked twice on the drive home...bile was weird...super thick frothy green shit..

Really thinking about emergency room at this point...

Jumbo says body is in shock...get some super dieters tea...drink and wait.
I piss and shit all night long...should have just gotten in the kennel and let Xiomara hose me off in the morning...long night.

Morning: I am 10lbs lighter and stomach is down considerably. All I can eat is carbs: ezekial bread, oatmeal, grits and eggs. Can't deal with the thought of meat right now. Drank pedialite as I am seriously dehydrated at this point. I stretched and every muscle locked up...fucking ridiculous.

I thought I was out of the water...took a leak...BAM...grabbed the wall...Oh shit! Kidney Stone....Thank God I was able to keep aim and the fella didn't completely draw up into my belly! Holy Shit! I'm laughing while I got tears streaming down my face...what else can you do...?

I AM going to the gym today. I will eat a plain baked potato and drink some isolyze. Cut my protein intake back to 20-25 grams per serving for a few days.

I love this....Haaaa!

OMG! Think u need to seek med care

Mac
08-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Ax, this doesn't sound good at all. Hope all is better now.

Do as Hammer said, seek some medical care and get it checked out.

axioma
08-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Ax, this doesn't sound good at all. Hope all is better now.

Do as Hammer said, seek some medical care and get it checked out.

I am getting better, will give it another day. going to do some miracle greens tonight with dieters tea. If I don't feel significantly better tomorrow, I will see the doc.

freebirdmac
08-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Yikes! I sue hope you're feeling better!

HeavyDutyGuy
08-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Just trying to catch up. It was great meeting you and chatting briefly. Hope you kick ass next time- be so good it wont be close.

Hammerfit
08-05-2010, 07:50 AM
I am getting better, will give it another day. going to do some miracle greens tonight with dieters tea. If I don't feel significantly better tomorrow, I will see the doc.

U any better? Was thinking about you yesterday talking to the wife, she has something going on similar but not as bad. She has a stomach problem ever since we got back from show.

axioma
08-05-2010, 08:12 AM
U any better? Was thinking about you yesterday talking to the wife, she has something going on similar but not as bad. She has a stomach problem ever since we got back from show.

Being tested my friends...Job didn't have shit on me right now...
Yesterday: pull my head/ass out of toilet and go to gym. Just do one exercise x 2 sets of 20 for every bodypart. Felt like I did something!

Had a egg white/miracle greens, fruit smoothie w/more dieters tea and felt great. Slept great, major morning BM and off to the races.

Get in the truck, taking Xiomara to work and she says "there are yellow jackets in the truck"...I look over and she has at least 10 in her hair! She starts yelling as they start attacking..the truck is full of them.

I get out and go around to get her out of the truck and I get attacked. I'm knocking them off her and they are massing on my back. I get her inside, pull of my shirt and stomp the shit out of the little fuckers trying to eat a hole through me.

We immediately take two benadryls. As I type this, I feel like I have been tazed...27...counted every fucking hole...27 times!
Holy Happy Horseshit guys...what is up here?

Can someone give me an AMEN to draw this chapter to a close?

Mac
08-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Amen brother.

DUKE56
08-05-2010, 08:38 AM
x2 that had to hurt.

Hammerfit
08-05-2010, 08:44 AM
x2 that had to hurt.

Fuck dude someone put some nasty voodo on ya or what? Gonna throw some good karma at ya

axioma
08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
HAAAAAA....WHEWWWWWWW.....WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Day almost done....no rattlesnakes in the laundry hamper....truck started ok....the blessing rain down....
Just feel wiped out from the insect juice and benadryls...every sting throbs...but hey, Xiomara and I had a huge laugh about it at lunch...WTF else, right? Thanks, guys, just gonna go for a long walk tonight when it cools down and hit gym again tomorrow. 120 degrees in parking lot today...sick....

axioma
08-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Fuck dude someone put some nasty voodo on ya or what? Gonna throw some good karma at ya

ANYONE wanting to leave: Good Karma...MoJo....Cosmic Aqualube...WHATEVER...throw it this way....thank you brothers and sisters....

Hammerfit
08-05-2010, 07:23 PM
ANYONE wanting to leave: Good Karma...MoJo....Cosmic Aqualube...WHATEVER...throw it this way....thank you brothers and sisters....

ok, done tomorrow things will change directions

axioma
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Here are a few random photos:

axioma
08-06-2010, 09:02 AM
The black guy placed ahead of me...just don't see it...thought it was kind of a slap, actually.

axioma
08-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Overall, feel good about it. Even though I didn't come in as planned, I understand now that is hard to be a trainer/guru AND a competitor and not come up short somewhere. As a trainer, I succeeded. I have brought Xiomara from beginner to national level competitor in less than two years. We accomplished this without sacrificing her health or feminity. Now, I have to show that I can bring my best to the stage. Not to say I will win a pro card or a weight class, but leave no doubt that I took my physique to the culmination of my vision: aesthetic, athletic and classic.

rcp1936
08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
The black guy placed ahead of me...just don't see it...thought it was kind of a slap, actually.
From those 2 pics of you and him I don't see it either

koruverde
08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Don't ever want to knock a competitor as we all know what it takes to get up there..but you kill this guy!!!!

axioma
08-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Been thinking about this:
1. It would be nice to make the Masters a more exclusive show...some type of qualifying, instead of just showing up.
2. What is the difference between 6th and 10th? Doesn't freaking matter! I wasn't in the top 5, so who cares who placed ahead of me, right? I think the judges only care about getting the top 5 picked out and then the 1 through 3 as a matter of importance. Everyone after that?
3. No more worrying about that...I start my program today.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Matt the two of you are the essence of our sport and the reason why I love it so. I am honored to know you guys.

Baldie

axioma
08-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey, I gotta catch up with you...you are enjoying all that great rebound growth...I just pulled my head outta my ass...time to get started.

Xiomara hit her legs at 6 a.m. She is a champ. I'm getting amped as I type...eating my Fage yogurt w/protein.

Ate the last of the chocolate cake last night. Two cheats a week, no more. I need to eat, sleep and live this for a solid year. No excuses and then, ONLY THEN, will I see what I have envisioned my whole life. Me, on stage, same conditioning as Pitt, at 215 lbs.

axioma
08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
couple more shots from Pitt. Still waiting for kids and the lipsinic's to send some...

joedemarco
08-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Great couple of pics. Your double bi shot looks sick.

Mac
08-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Do you have the picture of me and you shaking hands. It may have been taken with John's fucked up camera, not sure.

I look small in the picture above, good thing I wasn't standing right next to you.

axioma
08-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Small? Haaa, shutthefuckup! Maybe Heather took some, in fact she did..just got slow her down long enough to get them!

axioma
08-09-2010, 12:26 PM
First Real Workout:
Just going to take is slow and work the form and pump.
Extensions: warm-ups x 3, 230 x 15 x 3
Squat Machine: 250 x 10 x 4
Hacks: 225 x 10 x 7
tremendous pump. I will do cardio in the office and work Hams this p.m.

DUKE56
08-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Axioma, just from what I see, you are more cut and defined.

axioma
08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
The photos in this post and the next were taken by Tony Sbriglia, a freelance photog covering the show. Super nice guy who took lots of time with us.

axioma
08-09-2010, 01:29 PM
These give me a good indication of what I need to improve. Keep the conditioning...add some muscle.

Hammerfit
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
These give me a good indication of what I need to improve. Keep the conditioning...add some muscle.

Damn Mat look great, hard to find much wrong. Like you say, work on mass, while keeping your conditioning. Thicker wider lats? Deadlift the house.
Love to see comparisons to see what judges where looking at!

blu2xtreme
08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Great pics ...I wish Mike and I would of met you and your wife at Pitts
You guys are a huge inspiration to fit couples everywhere !

axioma
08-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Damn Mat look great, hard to find much wrong. Like you say, work on mass, while keeping your conditioning. Thicker wider lats? Deadlift the house.
Love to see comparisons to see what judges where looking at!

deadlifts it is...had some issues with arms, biceps/brachii tears in particular, couldn't do chins, however I think I ok now. Back should come up pretty quickly now. thanks for input.

axioma
08-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Great pics ...I wish Mike and I would of met you and your wife at Pitts
You guys are a huge inspiration to fit couples everywhere !

I don't know where we were that we missed you...just running on autopilot. Really wanted to have a drink and bullshit a little with the rx posse, sorry. Saw your photos and looks like you guys had a great time.

joedemarco
08-10-2010, 07:44 AM
I agree with Hammer. Conditioning was great. Just continue to put on size during the off season. In regards to deadlifts....:yep:

axioma
08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Got a training partner, the behemoth wunderkind I trained for SC's last June. He is 23, 6'1", 265lbs. Deadlifts and squats 600 for clean reps. He is HUNGRY. Just what I need to take it to the next level. We start Monday: legs.

joedemarco
08-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Got a training partner, the behemoth wunderkind I trained for SC's last June. He is 23, 6'1", 265lbs. Deadlifts and squats 600 for clean reps. He is HUNGRY. Just what I need to take it to the next level. We start Monday: legs.

That's great! Nothing better then a training partner who is just as hungry as you are. You guys should make some great gains together.

esplendido
08-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Deadlifts don't build the lats. You need thicker, wider lats and extremely heavy pulldowns and seated rows/bent over rows are how you build a wider back.

Hammerfit
08-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Deadlifts don't build the lats. You need thicker, wider lats and extremely heavy pulldowns and seated rows/bent over rows are how you build a wider back.

Yes what I meant by that was need wider lats, and a thicker back

axioma
08-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Actually, one of the best ways for me to hit my lats is Romanian deads. By keeping the bar pulled back against my thighs and squeezing at the top really hit them.
Also, I can now do pull ups and chins. It has been two years since I could just knock them out because of biceps tears. Now that I have someone who can spot me and I can add weight...the wings will grow.

axioma
08-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I will post some pictures in a couple of weeks...no supps, pct, but I will have gained back the muscle I lost trying to shoe horn into the light heavys. Big Mistake...won't make it again. Contrary to common perception, the judges didn't favor conditioning over anything else. They seemed to accept less, in favor of muscle. I would not have sacrificed conditioning and still come in at 205. Yes, that would have made me a small heavy weight, however I would have more lats, upper chest and hams, the areas I lost by doing 2 fucking hours of cardio a day. It's bodybuilding folks.

Hammerfit
08-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I will post some pictures in a couple of weeks...no supps, pct, but I will have gained back the muscle I lost trying to shoe horn into the light heavys. Big Mistake...won't make it again. Contrary to common perception, the judges didn't favor conditioning over anything else. They seemed to accept less, in favor of muscle. I would not have sacrificed conditioning and still come in at 205. Yes, that would have made me a small heavy weight, however I would have more lats, upper chest and hams, the areas I lost by doing 2 fucking hours of cardio a day. It's bodybuilding folks.

UGh! Im doing 2-2 1/2 hrs a day, but Im not backing off the food like I did before! I got one fucking small pocket right above my hip that will not fuckin go away! That's alright Im getting ready to putt the nasty on it! I really need a good showing at the State to solidify my year. I really want to go into offseason on a high note!

Mac
08-11-2010, 07:19 PM
When your body is accustomed to 2 1/2 hrs of cardio a day, it takes more cardio to have the effect you're looking for, lose fat. For this reason, I am dropping much of my cardio until the last 4 weeks and adjust my diet accordingly. So far it's working for me but it remains to be seen if I can get shredded this way.

At 2+hrs. of cardio a day, you're unfortunately burning muscle away too.

Hammerfit
08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
When your body is accustomed to 2 1/2 hrs of cardio a day, it takes more cardio to have the effect you're looking for, lose fat. For this reason, I am dropping much of my cardio until the last 4 weeks and adjust my diet accordingly. So far it's working for me but it remains to be seen if I can get shredded this way.

agreed I just started this last week after deciding to do show after a week of guilt free eating lOl I will back off soon Im just now starting to lean back up at 211-214 which is about right before dropping water the mistake I made last time is dropping water too soon and drastically cutting calories on friday and not anything much at all on sat I respond really quick to carbs I will eat this time around, going to stay full and lean I hope!

HeavyDutyGuy
08-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Wide grip deads.........vicious...... try them.

axioma
08-12-2010, 10:05 AM
UGh! Im doing 2-2 1/2 hrs a day, but Im not backing off the food like I did before! I got one fucking small pocket right above my hip that will not fuckin go away! That's alright Im getting ready to putt the nasty on it! I really need a good showing at the State to solidify my year. I really want to go into offseason on a high note!

Have you looked at Icyplex...pharmaceutical clen/yohimbine HCL...inject into the area...as low as you are..results should be pretty dramatic.

I agree, to get rid of those stubborn pockets once you get 45+, you have to really suffer...sick shit. However, once it comes off, it will come off easier next time...

axioma
08-12-2010, 10:07 AM

I agree...Not matter how much you eat...you are feeding the CARDIO! You, Mac, KNOW about getting ripped...your avatars are legend.

axioma
08-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Wide grip deads.........vicious...... try them.

Will do.

Mac
08-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree...Not matter how much you eat...you are feeding the CARDIO! You, Mac, KNOW about getting ripped...your avatars are legend.

LOL Legend.

While getting shredded, almost two years ago now, I busted my ass with extreme cardio for many months and lost a lot of muscle too.

I am hoping to learn how to avoid the lost muscle this next time around.

axioma
08-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Then let's do it....we really need to get on stage...conditioned, yet full and pumped. The Holy Grail. I didn't see alot of both at MN's...more either or..with "good" conditioning and full muscle bellys (and some other belly's too) getting the nod.

axioma
08-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Just went and looked again...Stoil should have gotten a Pro card...best lines, conditioning and muscle...Period.
Jerome...smooth as a baby's ass from behind...but the brothers don't seem to need to be as conditioned as the white guys for some reason...
Dave...not a pretty physique..however..the best in the contest from the BACK...is he only going to compete in Back only contests as a pro?

So, I am not going to worry about revisiting Auschwitz next time...just put together the best combination.

Mac
08-12-2010, 10:30 AM
J
So, I am not going to worry about revisiting Auschwitz next time...just put together the best combination.

Sounds like a great plan Ax.

The judging these days makes me think WTF and wonder if I want to endure the pain of poor biased judging after months of hard work. Just like you got robbed, so did many others.

esplendido
08-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Who the f++k recommended that you drop into the light heavies??? LOL! You still had a top 5 physique. How the hell could you know that the judges were all schmoes for lardasses? And who's to say the same judging panel will be there next year?

Listen Matt, you have the height and frame for a heavyweight. Hell, you could pull off superheavy. But a 205lb HW up against a 224lb HW in the same condition is not going to win the class (unless he's offering reach-arounds to the judging panel).

You got robbed by that panel of judges. It happens. It hurts. But you did the right thing. And if you can add 10lbs to that 205 physique, you'll be a big heavyweight!

EBA84
08-12-2010, 01:55 PM
And who's to say the same judging panel will be there next year?

They are the same every year. I have done the show four times and 75% of the judges are the same.

GerryT
08-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Sad but true, Eric. Matt, hope you do compete in hw. Luck for the future.

axioma
08-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks for coming on guys. yes, from what I understand the judging is the same, pretty much every year. I don't want to piss off judges, some might come on and read, however...
You want to feel rewarded for your work...not how many times you show up and "pay your dues"... this isn't becoming an electrician or trying out for broadway...you are what you are...

Talking about it ain't gonna get it done...off to the gym. BTW, go to www.ultrafit360.com (http://www.ultrafit360.com) and take a look. We are up and running, just want to have some feedback before we have a full launch.

axioma
08-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Who the f++k recommended that you drop into the light heavies??? LOL! You still had a top 5 physique. How the hell could you know that the judges were all schmoes for lardasses? And who's to say the same judging panel will be there next year?

Listen Matt, you have the height and frame for a heavyweight. Hell, you could pull off superheavy. But a 205lb HW up against a 224lb HW in the same condition is not going to win the class (unless he's offering reach-arounds to the judging panel).

You got robbed by that panel of judges. It happens. It hurts. But you did the right thing. And if you can add 10lbs to that 205 physique, you'll be a big heavyweight!

Ha, you suggested it, however someone else thought I would be "more competitive" as a light heavy. Shit, water under the bridge. Rick, you are about being big and tight, bottom line...so I know where you stand. You couldn't know how much that last 7 lbs. would kill me. Next year...one thing I can promise...I will enjoy the experience as a heavyweight much more...215 is a must...I agree.

Hammerfit
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Have you looked at Icyplex...pharmaceutical clen/yohimbine HCL...inject into the area...as low as you are..results should be pretty dramatic.

I agree, to get rid of those stubborn pockets once you get 45+, you have to really suffer...sick shit. However, once it comes off, it will come off easier next time...

Too late to get on Icyplex...my guy's never heard of it..but I am going on Clen for the first time ever hopefully it can do the trick in 2 weeks time Upped my dose of oxypro elite and have been walking around it an freakin daze all day hopefully Im not dying!

GerryT
08-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Looks like a super site and the Facebook page is very good. Best of luck and much success.

Mac
08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
BTW, go to www.ultrafit360.com (http://www.ultrafit360.com) and take a look.

Your site looks great Ax. Let me know when it's live so I can order some things from you.

Contact ALRI and start selling their line of supplements too.

Hammerfit
08-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks for coming on guys. yes, from what I understand the judging is the same, pretty much every year. I don't want to piss off judges, some might come on and read, however...
You want to feel rewarded for your work...not how many times you show up and "pay your dues"... this isn't becoming an electrician or trying out for broadway...you are what you are...

Talking about it ain't gonna get it done...off to the gym. BTW, go to www.ultrafit360.com (http://www.ultrafit360.com) and take a look. We are up and running, just want to have some feedback before we have a full launch.

cool site.....fanned you on FB

Baldiewonkanobi
08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Matt, most peeps never heard of cordyceps, like me, until you educated the Bald one. Maybe a link to a scientific report or two on the product??

Baldie

axioma
08-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Too late to get on Icyplex...my guy's never heard of it..but I am going on Clen for the first time ever hopefully it can do the trick in 2 weeks time Upped my dose of oxypro elite and have been walking around it an freakin daze all day hopefully Im not dying!

You will definately get a major bump off it...ask you guy about adding some T3 the last couple of weeks, will get a synergistic effect off the clen.

axioma
08-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Matt, most peeps never heard of cordyceps, like me, until you educated the Bald one. Maybe a link to a scientific report or two on the product??

Baldie

will do that and one better...working on a infomercial

axioma
08-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Your site looks great Ax. Let me know when it's live so I can order some things from you.

Contact ALRI and start selling their line of supplements too.

You can order now.
I will look and see what kind of pricing I get from ALRI, however I am not real familiar with their products. Part of the uniqueness of the site it that we sell what we endorse.

I know their are a TON of great products out there, however we want to be able to guide customers towards what we know works and tell them how it interacts with other products.

We don't want to be another supp mega etailer.

Having said that, I am evaluating some products I got in Pitt. Been really impressed with MRI's Black Powder.

I will try some ALRI stuff, so give me some time to evaluate and get feedback from guys like you. Part of our success will be YOU telling me what works, with what and for how long.

caribeman
08-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Ax, just checked your site and it cool. May I suggest you insert a pic of yourself on your bio. Awesome overall.

axioma
08-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Will do...working on imbedding some video...seem like we may have a bandwidth issue on the package we got? I am just regurgitating what my webguy tells me....

Mac
08-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Ax, just checked your site and it cool. May I suggest you insert a pic of yourself on your bio. Awesome overall.

I was going to suggest the same thing.

joedemarco
08-15-2010, 08:59 PM
What's the site? I'd like to check it out.

Mac
08-15-2010, 09:05 PM
What's the site? I'd like to check it out.

ultrafit360.com

joedemarco
08-15-2010, 09:08 PM
ultrafit360.com

Thanks a lot, Mac! I'm gonna check it out.

axioma
08-16-2010, 07:31 AM
ultrafit360.com

already got some orders to ship out this a.m. Joe, let me know if you have ANY problems or if navigating site is troublesome...we will take care of it asap! We want this site to be for you guys...Mac, contacting alri today, will start with the humapro, based on your endorsement.

Mac
08-16-2010, 07:45 AM
The problems I noted yesterday still are there, so I cannot place an order because I cannot signup as a new customer.

axioma
08-16-2010, 02:00 PM
The problems I noted yesterday still are there, so I cannot place an order because I cannot signup as a new customer.

did you try without %%$&& characters?

Mac
08-16-2010, 02:52 PM
did you try without %%$&& characters?

Yes, just used my email address, no special characters in it.

Mac
08-16-2010, 02:59 PM
It's working now.

axioma
08-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!

Baldiewonkanobi
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Ax which Cody formula was the one with Creatine in it that I got 2 bottles from you??

Will order later. All my accounts are frozen until Sept. 10. FUCKING SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF KALIFORNIA.

Baldie

axioma
08-16-2010, 11:38 PM
I think you CreUltra, however most potent crea/cordy blend would be Cre02. Sent that to James.

axioma
08-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Worked out with wunderboy today. The old man hung in there...

Legs:
Smith Front Squats: 225 x 12 x 4
Leg Press: 980 x 12 x 3
Hammer V squat: 400 x 12 x 3
Extensions: 90 x 10 x 7
Dumbbell Stiff leg deads: 60 x 12 x 3
Seated Leg curls: 110 x 10 x 7
Standing Calf: 350 x 12 x 3
Seated calf: 90 x 10 x 7

all done in an hour

joedemarco
08-17-2010, 07:21 AM

Legs:

all done in an hour

Man, that is some serious volume for the hour. Great workout!

Hammerfit
08-18-2010, 08:42 AM

Legs:

all done in an hour

He's Back!

axioma
08-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Yesterday: Chest and tris

Incline barbell Presses: 225 x 12, 245 x 8,8,6
Incline Dumbbell fly: 45 x12, 50 x 10 x 2
Hammer Presses: 3 plates per side x 8, 6, 6
Cable X overs: 65 x 10 x 7
Rope Pulldowns: 90 x 10 x 3
Dips (bodyweight, straight up): 12-10 x 3
Close grip bench: 225 x 8,8,6
lying tri extensions (straight out, not up): 75 x 10 x 7

axioma
08-18-2010, 10:28 AM
70 minute workout.

axioma
08-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Wednesday off.
Thursday: Back and biceps
Chins wide: 3 x 12
Chins close: 2 x 10-8
Rows on Hammer shrug machine: ala Charles Glass: 2 plates ea. side x 3 x 10
Reverse grip barbell rows: 225, 250, 270 x 10
One arm dumbbell rows: (front to back): 90 x 10 x 3
Straight arm rope pulls: (bent over, hold at thigh): 100 x 7 x 10
EZ curls: 95 x 12, 105 x 10, 115 x 8
Hammer concentration curls: 30 x 10 x 3
Preacher curls: 75 x 10 x 5
75 minutes working out w/partner.

axioma
08-19-2010, 03:50 PM
no matter what the outcome of a contest, no matter who wins...it never ceases to amaze me...the wonderful people you meet. Real people, genuine people...

Mac
08-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Great picture Ax.

Look at the calf muscle bulging with veins.

KevinCouch
08-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Wednesday off.
Thursday: Back and biceps
Chins wide: 3 x 12
Chins close: 2 x 10-8
Rows on Hammer shrug machine: ala Charles Glass: 2 plates ea. side x 3 x 10
Reverse grip barbell rows: 225, 250, 270 x 10
One arm dumbbell rows: (front to back): 90 x 10 x 3
Straight arm rope pulls: (bent over, hold at thigh): 100 x 7 x 10
EZ curls: 95 x 12, 105 x 10, 115 x 8
Hammer concentration curls: 30 x 10 x 3
Preacher curls: 75 x 10 x 5
75 minutes working out w/partner.

Pretty Funny! I just posted my Back and Bi workout a couple of minutes ago and it's almost identical to yours except I have to improvise on the barbell rows because of my disk problems in my lower back...Great minds...

V-Man
08-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Ax,
I spent some time reading this journal and enjoyed warching your journey to the Masters Nationals. You had an awesome physique that I wish I could get half as good.

Most importantly it was very inspiring and motivating for me, thanks. Good luck in the future with your bodybuilding.
Vito

Baldiewonkanobi
08-19-2010, 10:08 PM
no matter what the outcome of a contest, no matter who wins...it never ceases to amaze me...the wonderful people you meet. Real people, genuine people...

This cool pic alone is insentive to come back to Pitt in 2011 where we will do some collective damage.

There is an advantage being the old popps of this group. I can tell you that I love you all and be real.

Baldie

axioma
08-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Shoulders/ Traps
Smith Press behind head: 225, 245, 255 x 10
Alt. front dumbbell raise: 35 x 10 x 3
Side laterals: 25 x 12 x 3 (from side seam, no swing)
Cybex presses, palms facing in: 150 x 10 x 7
Dumbbell shrugs: 90 x 12 x 3
Barbell Shrugs: 225 x 10 x 7 (2 sec. pause at top)
Bent over dumbbell laterals: 30 x 10 x 3
Rear delt machine: 105 x 10 x 7

axioma
08-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Current supplements: Trying to take advantage of post contest rebound by super saturating the muscles.
A.M. Big Blues (arginine product), Multi V, Pro40 Complete (protein)
Pre Workout: arginine and caffeine product (evaluating different products for e-store)
Intra workout: waxy maize, bcaa product Size On is current product...I like it.
Post workout: After Glow (I just love this product, recovery is key)
Bedtime: Big Blues

Current weight: 230. I would like to hold and "solidify" this weight based on OTC support. If I can go into a bulk phase at 230, I will be ecstatic!

koruverde
08-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Current supplements: Trying to take advantage of post contest rebound by super saturating the muscles.
A.M. Big Blues (arginine product), Multi V, Pro40 Complete (protein)
Pre Workout: arginine and caffeine product (evaluating different products for e-store)
Intra workout: waxy maize, bcaa product Size On is current product...I like it.
Post workout: After Glow (I just love this product, recovery is key)
Bedtime: Big Blues

Current weight: 230. I would like to hold and "solidify" this weight based on OTC support. If I can go into a bulk phase at 230, I will be ecstatic!
Matt...I am dying to find a pre WO formula that isn't sickly sweet or cloying and WORKS..have not yet found anything that kicks ass...KICKS ASS!!!! You young guys may not need stims so much, but I do...once I'm warmed up and cranked I'm a fanatic but it's getting going sometimes that pisses me off and can put me off. Any advice very welcome. Thx!!

axioma
08-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Matt...I am dying to find a pre WO formula that isn't sickly sweet or cloying and WORKS..have not yet found anything that kicks ass...KICKS ASS!!!! You young guys may not need stims so much, but I do...once I'm warmed up and cranked I'm a fanatic but it's getting going sometimes that pisses me off and can put me off. Any advice very welcome. Thx!!

I had you entire reply typed, got up for a second and got timed out and lost it...argggh

What I look for:
arginine: I want 6-9 grams daily and really hard to get all of it pre workout. I split 6 grams a.m./p.m. (Big Blues) and 3 grams preworkout.
creatine: So many forms, not going to bother with that, but preworkout I like any monohydrate form is fine, HOWEVER you need a driver, ie. glucose polymer or dextrose. I take additional creatine postworkout and off day, that is when I use a krealkalyn form of it, not bloat, not drivers needed.
BCAA's.
Caffeine: 200-300mg timed release is best. I will knock back a shot of espresso if needed. I really don't want too high a dose of the taurine, tyrosine, yohimbe, etc. Not always sure how they affect me, caffeine I know. Don't get me started on ProPrietary Blends...WTF:mad:
Citralline Malate: This is relatively new, not a lot of press, however it is a studied endurance promoter. I really like the ingredients that help day after day with gradual increases in VO2 and stamina. This is one. I don't want to just start the workout jacked, but finish it just as strong.
Cordyceps: another great endurance enhancer.
Focal Enhancers: these are bells and whistles, however they work to give that "heard a gnat fart over there" kind of awareness. vinpocetine, phosphyladicerine, gingo...all work.

I really feel that the 10-15 grams of simple sugar is crucial to the volumizing effect. I will drink the preworkout 45 minutes prior and then eat a spoonfull of almond butter w/honey or GU pak just before starting.

Recommendations: A stack: BioRhythm: Big Blues, Arnge Krush and AfterGlow. You got it covered, pre and post. Taste great, no crash...the best.
Their SSIN Juice product can be used in place of Arnge Krush. This product is similiar to Jacked 3D with more appropriate dosing and ingredient profile.

Millenium Nutrition Creaceps, Cordyceps or equivalent: this is a great way
to get additional creatine w/cordyceps. You can get this in my online store. This company also sells Ragnorok, preworkout drink. This is some amazing shit, however I did experience a crash. Not a problem of you don't have anything to afterward.
I carry the BioRhythm line in my store, can't sell it online though, BB.com bullshit, however if you want a VIP code to order it let me know.

www.ultrafit360.com (http://www.ultrafit360.com) I hope I didn't write too much or muddy the waters here.

axioma
08-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Leg Day
extensions: 120 x 10 x 4
front squats: 225 x 12, 275 x 10, 315 x 6 (these fried me...)
leg press: 980 x 12, 10, 10
hammer v-squats: 315 x 10 x 7
single leg curls: 80 x 10 x 3
stiff legged deads: 225 x 10 x 3
seated leg curls: 120 x 10 x 7

Marijan Lipsinic
08-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Hey Matt!

How're you holding up?
How is everything with you and Xiomara?
I have been following your thread and I see next year we'll be standing on stage shoulder to shoulder my brother!

axioma
08-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I thought you were going super heavy...shit. I figure it will take me two more years to mature as a heavy, however I will be a heavy next year. As far as standing next to you...that would be awesome!
We are doing well, got Heather moved into her dorm this weekend, lots of angst. We are moving my mom to Florida Labor Day weekend...and WE. WILL. HAVE. THE. HOUSE. TO. OURSELVES!!!!!!!! Butt naked weekends.....no empty nest syndrome here bro!

Xiomara is still taking it easy. She is playing in her yard, trimming bushes, planting trees. Her plan is train for the next year and a half and win her pro card at 50. She will do it.

I am holding 230 without being sloppy, training really hard with this freakin cockstrong kid. Ah, to be young again.

How is the job and training? You and Sandra coming up this fall?

Baldiewonkanobi
08-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Butt nekid weekends. :hypno: Gawd how I remember those. Randee and I were at your age a HOT couple. And, HOT for each other like you two who remind me so very much of our relationship. Randee trained with me for a few years at Bill Pearls Gym and she qualified as an AAU Physique judge. Never competed like X. I posted up some pics from our happier/hornier days.

Baldie

axioma
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I show those pics to X. She just smiles and hugs me. Thanks.
I do programs for lots of guys and they want to know about taking this and that. First thing I ask them is your wife involved, does she know what you are planning on doing? If the answer is no, I don't go on. Got to be partners in EVERYTHING!

axioma
08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Back/Biceps
Wide grip pullups: POF x 10 ea. position
Close grip Chins: 3 x 10
T-bar: (8) 25lb. plates: 3 x 10-12
underhand bent over bar rows: 225 x 10 x 3
one arm dumbbell rows: 90 x 12 x 3
Straight bar pulldowns: 140 x 10 x 7

EZ bar curls: 85, 115, 125 x 10
Alternate dumbbell hammer curls: 50 x 8-10 x 3
EZ preacher curls: 75 x 10 x 7

Medial epicondylitis(?) is killing me...really painful. Trying not to use straps, as I want to strengthen grip and get forearms up.

Mac
08-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Medial epicondylitis(?) is killing me...really painful. Trying not to use straps, as I want to strengthen grip and get forearms up.

Gees, another big medical term. Got to google that.

I have to use straps anymore, my right hand is suffering big time, I think it's arthritis.

Any pics of what you look like at 230? I bet you filled out majorly.

axioma
08-27-2010, 07:16 AM
I will try and get some this weekend. Already hairy like yeti...damn it grows fast! The pain is the medial (inner) elbow on the epicondyle (or boney attachment). Hurts just to lightly touch. First to sets are always agony, then it subsides until workout is finished.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-27-2010, 07:22 AM
For that elbow....

Baldie

Mac
08-27-2010, 08:40 AM
I will try and get some this weekend. Already hairy like yeti...damn it grows fast! The pain is the medial (inner) elbow on the epicondyle (or boney attachment). Hurts just to lightly touch. First to sets are always agony, then it subsides until workout is finished.

My hair grows like weeds too. It's already time for another clipping.

I have had that injury and found an adjustable elastic band around the forearm helps the pain, just as it helps with a tennis elbow. The compression seems to help, at least for me. Thankfully they are gone now on both forearms.

rcp1936
08-27-2010, 08:54 AM

I have had that injury and found an adjustable elastic band around the forearm helps the pain, just as it helps with a tennis elbow. The compression seems to help, at least for me. Thankfully they are gone now on both forearms.
Yeah it does
I have a band that I used once in a while on my knee patellas ( when I ran marathons etc )

So I tried in on my elbow even though I really had to pull it past the attachment point to get it to fit and it really made a difference
So I went to a site and ordered ones for the elbow that will fit

http://www.painreliever.com/protec_PT40_2.html

And either the bag of cold peas or corn right after working out also helps

axioma
08-27-2010, 09:02 AM
For that elbow....

Baldie

That is EXACTLY what I used last night and post workout!!!! I had a bag on the shoulder, both elbows...looked ridiculous

axioma
08-27-2010, 09:04 AM

I forgot about the relief I got from using those...I have given both of mine to clients...to borrow! Never got them back and probably won't, so I will go buy one today.

axioma
08-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah it does
I have a band that I used once in a while on my knee patellas ( when I ran marathons etc )

So I tried in on my elbow even though I really had to pull it past the attachment point to get it to fit and it really made a difference

Thanks, checking out the site now. I couldn't not find an OTC band to fit my arms.

Mac
08-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah it does

That exactly what I used except I made my own from an old bag that had elastic straps with velcro.

I hope to never had to use it again. Now if I can only fix my right hand.

KevinCouch
08-27-2010, 05:39 PM
I forgot about the relief I got from using those...I have given both of mine to clients...to borrow! Never got them back and probably won't, so I will go buy one today.

Sucks gettin old doesn't it! axioma, I've been havin pretty bad tendonitis in my knees but I haven't used knee wraps when doin quads in 15 years. Don't do the weight I used to either. But I've been using Bio freeze all the time. My deep tissue therapist said she can work the tendonintis out to some extent as long as I see her 1 day per week and use bio freeze all the time. In your opinion, do you think I should wrap my knees when doin hacks or squats? I don't want to give me the false sense of comfort and for me to go heavier to really blow things before the show but I do need to work the hell out of my wheels to compete at this level.

axioma
08-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Friday Shoulders

Seated behind neck presses: 185 x 12, 225 x 10 x 2
Front raises undercut style: 30 x 10 x 3
Lateral raises: 30 x 8-10 x 3
Rear delt machine: 110 x 12 x 3
Overhead machine presses, palms facing: 150 x 10 x 7
Bar Shrugs: 225 x 10 x 7 w/2 sec pauses at top.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Ax are you pulling those behind the necks off by yourself or are you being spotted? I LOVE behind the necks and laugh at the naysayers.

Baldie

joedemarco
08-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Ax are you pulling those behind the necks off by yourself or are you being spotted? I LOVE behind the necks and laugh at the naysayers.

Baldie

Couldn't agree more. Behind the neck shoulder presses are a great movement.

KevinCouch
08-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Friday Shoulders

Seated behind neck presses: 185 x 12, 225 x 10 x 2
Front raises undercut style: 30 x 10 x 3
Lateral raises: 30 x 8-10 x 3
Rear delt machine: 110 x 12 x 3
Overhead machine presses, palms facing: 150 x 10 x 7
Bar Shrugs: 225 x 10 x 7 w/2 sec pauses at top.

axioma...what's your plan? You doin Master Nats again next year? Heavyweight right?
kevin

D_T
08-29-2010, 05:01 PM
I find behind the neck anything to be difficult position now. I do Smith presses on the steepest bench I can find.

axioma
08-29-2010, 08:56 PM

Baldie

I have wunderboy to spot me now! I really like this movement and my shoulders are exploding. they burn like a mother, but that is all the blood getting into a relatively small area with nowhere to go!
1. don't like front presses, just feel that the weight is too far ahead of me, unless I set the seat back a little.
2. if you have rotator problems then stay away, but I have needed my left shoulder scoped for over 20 years, got this little finger of tissue in the cuff that gets irritated and makes the shoulder pop. However, I THOROUGHLY warm up the cuff with rotator specific movements, then 4-5 warm up sets before I get to my work sets. If I don't feel in control and stable when spotter lets go, I rack it. period.
3. don't like smith, tried it last workout and it just irritated the piss out of my cuff. I feel like it is too unnatural a movement to to really heavy, you are having the mechanics of the machine dictate the movement. if you don't have the seat set up PERFECTLY then you will be aggravating something.
4. I only go to a right angle, NOT to the base of the neck. that hits me about the middle of the head. I lower under control and BAM press explosively. Again, while lowering, I will know if anything is up, then I can completely commit to the press.

WAY TOO MUCH INFO, I KNOW:yep:

axioma
08-29-2010, 09:01 PM
axioma...what's your plan? You doin Master Nats again next year? Heavyweight right?
kevin

I will ONLY do it if I can get on stage with the conditioning I had this year and weigh 210+. I feel that the vision I have can me realized at that weight. I am finishing pct and weighing 230, NOT sloppy but plump:dunno: Anyway, I am trying to get my body to hold 225 for the next couple of months before I start on my bulk cycle. Hopefully, I can make a jump to 235 in the same condition I am now and, again, hold that for several months before beginning the precontest training. Hopefully, I will net the weight I am looking for. With the BrainTrust we have here, I know I can avoid some pitfalls of the past.

axioma
08-29-2010, 09:03 PM
I will have a very busy week capped off by moving Mom to FL. Nine hour drive Sat, and nine hours back Sunday with loading and unloading a HEAP of chit. I am loading my Pez w/adipex! hehehehehe

axioma
08-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Monday: Legs (short on time today)
Extensions: 150 x 12 x 3
Front Squats: 275 x 12 x 3
Presses: 990 x 10 x 3
Life Fitness seated press: feels like a hack: 250 x 10 x 7
Single leg curls: 80 x 12 x 3
lying leg curls: 95 x 10 x 7
standing calf press on squat machine: 250 x 10 x 7

KevinCouch
08-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Monday: Legs (short on time today)
Extensions: 150 x 12 x 3
Front Squats: 275 x 12 x 3
Presses: 990 x 10 x 3
Life Fitness seated press: feels like a hack: 250 x 10 x 7
Single leg curls: 80 x 12 x 3
lying leg curls: 95 x 10 x 7
standing calf press on squat machine: 250 x 10 x 7

990? Come on man couldn't even go over 1000? 10 plates on each side..damn. My back would snap in half with my issues. I've just worked my back up to 16 plates (8 per side).

DUKE56
08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Have you tried dsmo ? It's a horse linament. I used it on my rotater cuff and it helped with that. Now I use it on all my aches and pains.

axioma
08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
990? Come on man couldn't even go over 1000? 10 plates on each side..damn. My back would snap in half with my issues. I've just worked my back up to 16 plates (8 per side).

I know, I know, something for the next go round! I really like the lifefitness seated press. You are seated at an angle, almost standing, bent slightly at waist. Really hits the outer quads without back strain.

Baldiewonkanobi
08-30-2010, 03:07 PM
I believe we have one of those. Almost a hack machine....right? I did toes out on the sucker and popped my groin about 15 mo ago.

Baldie

KevinCouch
08-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I know, I know, something for the next go round! I really like the lifefitness seated press. You are seated at an angle, almost standing, bent slightly at waist. Really hits the outer quads without back strain.

Me too. Seated upright really takes the pressure off my back too. I've learned to adapt and get creative with my quad training at my advanced age!

axioma
08-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Have you tried dsmo ? It's a horse linament. I used it on my rotater cuff and it helped with that. Now I use it on all my aches and pains.

makes my breath stink (wife doesn't like that and not good for business) and it is REALLY rough on your liver. It does work though.

axioma
08-30-2010, 03:45 PM
I believe we have one of those. Almost a hack machine....right? I did toes out on the sucker and popped my groin about 15 mo ago.

Baldie
there is a freemotion version that has the shoulder pads, that you have to watch it, ass goes out and legs go wide. I like that one for split stance squats.
I can't go low enough on this lifefitness press to get groin involved. Not a problems as I went plenty deep on the front squats.

axioma
08-31-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm falling apart! Not only do I have the joint pain, but TMJ (excrutiating stabbing pain in jaw when I chew on one side), sinus drainage (leading to insane snoring that leaves me with a sore throat in morning). Really fucking hard to eat all my food when I can't taste shit, food tastes like shit and I can't chew the shit. Hammer, what happened to the mojo? I will try to get into a specialist for sinus/sleep issues this week.

Mac
08-31-2010, 10:00 AM
makes my breath stink (wife doesn't like that and not good for business) and it is REALLY rough on your liver. It does work though.

I used DMSO many years ago and the smell of my breath wasn't worth the effects. Never again.

Matt, it seems you need some de-loading time. Sorry to hear you're not doing so well. TMJ pain is the amongst the worst as it affects so many things you do.

Time for some recovery.

axioma
08-31-2010, 07:44 PM
i AGREE, JUST GOT TWO MORE WEEKS ON THIS CURRENT WORKOUT AND THEN OFF A WEEK. AFTER THAT SOME CIRCUIT AND UNILATERAL WORK. I THINK ONCE MOM IS MOVED XIOMARA AND I WILL GET BACK TO A ROUTINE THAT HAS BEEN UPSET FOR 5 MONTHS.
CURRENTLY: WILL GO FOR ACUPUNCTURE ON THE ELBOW, ENT FOR SINUSES AND GOT ENOUGH BAGS OF PEAS TO FEED AN ARMY ARRANGED ON ME AS I TYPE.
REALLY HARD TO CUT BACK THOUGH, IT IS SO FREAKIN ADDICTIVE, EVEN THE PAIN (WHEN ASSOCIATED WITH GETTING STRONGER AND BIGGER) IS WELCOME AS SOMETHING PAYING DIVIDENDS. I KNOW BETTER THOUGH, JUST STUBBORN.

Mac
08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
IT IS SO FREAKIN ADDICTIVE

Yes it is. I had to have my fix today.

Did a bag of peas fall on the CAPS key?

axioma
09-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes it is. I had to have my fix today.

Did a bag of peas fall on the CAPS key?

actually...IT DID!!! TOO LAZY TO TAKE IT OFF....I'M JOHN ROMANO....I'M ROLLER....I'M, I'M...HIGH ON ANTIHISTIMINE....

axioma
09-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Tuesday: Chest/Tris
Incline Bar Presses: 225, 275 x 8 x 3
Incline Fly: 60, 65, 70 x 8
Hammer Flat: 3 plates x 8,8,6
X-overs: 110 x 10 x 7 (freemotion)\
Rope pushdowns: 120 x 12 x 3 (elbow acting up)
Dips w/45lbs.: 10 x 3
Close grip bench: 225 x 10 x 3 (hard to find a comfortable hand placing and groove)
lying ez bar extensions: 85 x 10 x 7

axioma
09-01-2010, 10:29 AM
full blown sinus infection today..coughing up phlegm, drainage, headache...unbelievable. SC is one of the worst places in the world for allergies.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Dayum....feel for ya Matt. As I mentioned the Levaquin nailed my infection (caused bad tendonitis) but now left me with super fuckin sensative sinus passages up behind the eyes and over to the ears. I cant use regular nose spray past 3 days WO sides and addiction so I opted for Flonase which is used once daily. Gives me about 14 hours relief from going fuggin nutts. Ibuprofin for the headache part.

Matt...Why do so many BBrs get sinus infections? Any idea? I spent a week in the hospital days before the 1989 Mr. A when a sinus infection drained into my lungs and dropped me with pneumonia. I went in at 225 and left at 205.

Baldie

Mac
09-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Why do so many BBrs get sinus infections? Any idea?

Infected person touches barbell, dumbbell or machine.

You touch infected area and spread to yourself

axioma
09-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Infected person touches barbell, dumbbell or machine.

You touch infected area and spread to yourself

part of it for sure, however I think when we strain soo hard, pushing our guts out, we increase intracranial pressure 100x. that pressure exacerbates the problem. Allergies, mold, fungus in ground (mowed sunday) and the pressure of pushing hard just make it prime! I am hoping to get some relief/answers tomorrow!

Hammerfit
09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
part of it for sure, however I think when we strain soo hard, pushing our guts out, we increase intracranial pressure 100x. that pressure exacerbates the problem. Allergies, mold, fungus in ground (mowed sunday) and the pressure of pushing hard just make it prime! I am hoping to get some relief/answers tomorrow!

Im fighting it too. I think part of it is from the stress we have put our bodies thru. Im a mess. Need some rest for a couple weeks. I picked up a flower pot yesterday and I could feel it.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
That makes a lot of sence to me. I got my allergies in an uproar driving thru farm country in the San Juaquin valley 3 weeks ago. I sneezed and blew and eyes almost closed. Of course the next morning I was in the squat rack. Thats when they started to bleed and I began passing brain tissue. What we do to ourselves. Geeeesh :dunno:

Baldie

axioma
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I think this is the start of a sticky thread: sinus cause, prevention and treatment. I am just treating the hell out of symptoms today until I see doc. I know I sound like a pussy, but I cannot function with sinus headache and drainage. I can limp, hobble and groan, but this shit is the Achilles folks.

rcp1936
09-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Yep stress can do it

But the biggest stress induced problem is Shingles especially if the immune system gets seriously compromised

Now that is something you don't want to experience

Baldiewonkanobi
09-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Yep stress can do it

But the biggest stress induced problem is Shingles especially if the immune system gets seriously compromised

I zap Shingles in less than 24 hours with 2gm L-Lysine 3 times a day.

Baldie

rcp1936
09-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I zap Shingles in less than 24 hours with 2gm L-Lysine 3 times a day.

Baldie
Ain't talking about Herpes like cold sores etc

Baldiewonkanobi
09-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Ax I switched from Ibuprophin to Naproxin (Aleve) and it stopped 90% of my sinus pain. Day 2 on Flonase and my passages are for the most part still open. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also hitting 2 gm C twice daily and taking a nap. Oh and had a friend adjust my back *POP*. He also did a Zuni knuckle press on my neck and face :hypno: to get blood flowing to the sinus.

BTW Shingles is Herpes Zoster and responds to Lysine. http://www.natural-cure-remedy.com/shingles.html

Baldie

axioma
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Yep stress can do it

let's leave that devil unnamed...don't want to think about it:byeb:

rcp1936
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Ax I switched from Ibuprophin to Naproxin (Aleve) and it stopped 90% of my sinus pain. Day 2 on Flonase and my passages are for the most part still open. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also hitting 2 gm C twice daily and taking a nap. Oh and had a friend adjust my back *POP*. He also did a Zuni knuckle press on my neck and face :hypno: to get blood flowing to the sinus.

BTW Shingles is Herpes Zoster and responds to Lysine. http://www.natural-cure-remedy.com/shingles.html

Baldie
I know many people who have had shingles including me and it takes Valtrex etc to arrest them if you catch it in time otherwise you are heading for some potent pain medication

Lysine works for the mouth type ulcers in some people

http://www.medicinenet.com/shingles/page2.htm#4whatis

axioma
09-03-2010, 08:55 AM
ENT MD told me NOTHING I didn't already know: you have acid reflux really bad.....you have a severly deviated septum.......you have sleep apnea.....
I have taken some serious blows (pun intended) to the nose over the years and it is a mess. Price to fix: $15,000. Needless to say, I won't be going that route until I win Master Nationals and get my pro card! Hahahah.

Took yesterday off, feeling better today. I will do an abbreviated back/shoulder workout just to get something done. We will be loading up the truck and heading to FLA in the a.m. to move Moms!

KevinCouch
09-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Dayum....feel for ya Matt. As I mentioned the Levaquin nailed my infection (caused bad tendonitis) but now left me with super fuckin sensative sinus passages up behind the eyes and over to the ears. I cant use regular nose spray past 3 days WO sides and addiction so I opted for Flonase which is used once daily. Gives me about 14 hours relief from going fuggin nutts. Ibuprofin for the headache part.

Matt...Why do so many BBrs get sinus infections? Any idea? I spent a week in the hospital days before the 1989 Mr. A when a sinus infection drained into my lungs and dropped me with pneumonia. I went in at 225 and left at 205.

Baldie

Woke up this am with a sinus infection...go figure! I'm gonna take a couple of days off of training but stay on my diet 100%. Body needs to rest! Doc gave me Z-pack said it should begin to help in 2 or 3 days. We'll see. I'm supposed to email George Pics on Monday..BTW, I go the green light from George he said I right on track no matter weightclass I fall into!!!

axioma
09-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Woke up this am with a sinus infection...go figure! I'm gonna take a couple of days off of training but stay on my diet 100%. Body needs to rest! Doc gave me Z-pack said it should begin to help in 2 or 3 days. We'll see. I'm supposed to email George Pics on Monday..BTW, I go the green light from George he said I right on track no matter weightclass I fall into!!!

Yea, babeeee! That's what I wanted to hear...:yep:

axioma
09-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Made it, loading, unloading and 18 hours driving in two days! Got mom moved into her new digs in Tally. Z and I are enjoying a quiet, peaceful Labor Day, just dinkin around. Sinuses better, making improvement without antibios. Back to a strict off season diet tomorrow.
Lost some weight(expected) down to 225, but lost a little fat too. 225 will be a great walking around weight to hold while off of everything for the next several months!

axioma
09-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Today: Legs
(light legs, very achy from moving, driving, lower back stiff)
Front Squats: 135 x 20 x 2, 225 x 12, 315 x 8
Extensions: 165 x 12 x 4
Vertical Press: 250 x 10 x 7
Lying Curls: 130 x 12 x 3
Stiff legs: 135 x 10 x 7 (bar to tops of feet)

axioma
09-08-2010, 09:13 AM
You were on HRT and stopped? I know you said to clean your system, but don't you need it?

I did one AAS cycle, 22 years ago and don't plan on doing another. I dabbled in a couple of PHs two years ago and didn't think it was all that effective, for me.

Interesting note: the guy who bought my gym is currently competing on the state level. Not really making great improvements show to show though. States in public that he is natural, however abuses the shit out of prohormones! His workout partner told me if the bottle says take three, he takes 9! His liver is shot after just two years. Yet, he still takes pride in saying, he has never taken "illegal steroids"!

axioma
09-08-2010, 09:15 AM
We have started shooting infomercials for our site www.ultrafit360.com (http://www.ultrafit360.com)
If you go to youtube and look up 1. athlytes and 2. AfterGlow you should get our infomercials for those products. Editing on my AfterGlow spot needs a little work, however my partners Land's Athlytes spot is great!

Mac
09-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Nice work Matt. Very professional.

YouTube- Ultrafit360.com on Biorythm Afterglow

axioma
09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks, weird seeing yourself, always your own toughest critic! We really feel that this will help with product selection. I don't really have a vested interest in one recovery formula over another, same price points. So, I will talk about what makes it different and help the customer make a more informed decision, as opposed to everything coming from the manufacturer and alot of BS.

axioma
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Today: Chest and Tri's:
Incline Bench: 285 x 12, 10, 9
Incline dbl fly: 50 x 12, 75 x 10 x 2
Hammer incline: 3 plates x 10, 10, 8
X-overs: 90lbs. x 10 x 7
Rope pushdowns: 3 x 12
Dips w/70lbs.: 12, 10, 9
Close grip bench: 225 x 12, 230 x 10, 10
lying ez kickbacks: 95 x 10 x 7

freebirdmac
09-08-2010, 01:05 PM
This qercetin/bromelain stuff I'm taking is supposed to be good for sinusitis. I don't think I'm taking enough to get the mast cell hinderance (1 pill a day so far), but it's done loads for inflammation.

rcp1936
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks, weird seeing yourself, always your own toughest critic! We really feel that this will help with product selection. I don't really have a vested interest in one recovery formula over another, same price points. So, I will talk about what makes it different and help the customer make a more informed decision, as opposed to everything coming from the manufacturer and alot of BS.
Very smooth infomercial
Looks like you are used to making presentations and have a pleasant speaking demeanor

axioma
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
This qercetin/bromelain stuff I'm taking is supposed to be good for sinusitis. I don't think I'm taking enough to get the mast cell hinderance (1 pill a day so far), but it's done loads for inflammation.

didn't know about the sinusitis benefit! I have been taking FRS chews w/quercetin and improving. Great for smooth energy. the bromolain is a great anti-imflammatory, even as a topical. I use a CryoDerm product in my practice and it is great. What product are you taking?

axioma
09-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Very smooth infomercial
Looks like you are used to making presentations and have a pleasant speaking demeanor

Thank you. We will keep knocking these things out, so hopefully someone can just search youtube for a product and get the info. I really appreciate you taking a look. Let me know if there is anything on the site you would like to see or we can do better. Working on ALRI and MuscleMeds. Again, before we add something we evaluate it. I am currently checking out the ALRI line.

caribeman
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
man that was great, very informative. Im gonna have to get to talking to you to get me some stuff together and see if I can grow a bit :) well done sir.

freebirdmac
09-08-2010, 05:06 PM
didn't know about the sinusitis benefit! I have been taking FRS chews w/quercetin and improving. Great for smooth energy. the bromolain is a great anti-imflammatory, even as a topical. I use a CryoDerm product in my practice and it is great. What product are you taking?

I'm taking one of these a day http://www.drbvitamins.com/products.html?type_id=1&id=98

I definitely feel the anti-inflammatory effects. I may have to increase the dose for the mast cell effect. Bromelain may help with the absorption of quercetin and is used in Germany for inflammation and swelling of the sinuses.

axioma
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
great info, thanks!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I use that magic combo to cool my gout.

Baldie

axioma
09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Today: abs, calves and cardio

Standing single leg calf raises: 15 x 5 ea. leg
Seated: 90 x 10 x 7
Treadmill x 30 min
incline situps (steep): 4 x 15 Haven't worked abs in awhile so this was enough.

axioma
09-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Today: Back and biceps
Pull ups (medium grip) 3 x 10
Pull ups (alternate grip) 3 x 10
Rows on hammer shrug: 3 plates x 3 x 12
Reverse grip bar rows: 275 x 12 x 3
Dumbbell rows: 100x 10 x 3
Straight arm pull downs: 10 x 7
EZ curls: 115, 125, 135 x 10
concentration hammer curls: 30 x 12 x 3
Preachers w/straight bar: 70 x 10 x 7

bryantone
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
So. I just read your post on another thread. hope you can help with this solicited (spelling?) advice. I cannot deadlift or squat more than 100lbs because of back injuries according to my surgeon who is also somewhat a athlete ( road bike racing) and the best surgeon in the western US. I would like to develope the tear drop and am having problems with the inside of my thighs getting that gap closed. I have a 45 degree plate loaded leg press, a commercial plate loaded hack squat (Dr. didnt say hack, so I kept my mouth shut) commercial grade smith machine and leg extension machine. Everytime I work out, I get DOMS within 24 hours for 2-4 days. My workout is Mon chest/tris. Tues Back/bis/abs. Wed off. Thurs Traps/legs. Fri weighted dips/ shoulders. Sat Sun off. Leg routine for the last 4 months have been like this after warmup. Leg extensions: 3 sets weight increasing, 4th set high (20-25 reps). Leg press 4 sets same weight, 12-20 reps as I get tired. Hack 4 sets same weight 12 -18 reps. feet placement is 2 sets close, 2 sets spread at angle. I must note that I am very slowly dieting down about 1-1 1/2 lbs a month by slight calorie def and stair master 3 days a week 45 min a day. There is no gyms in my area as I live in a remote log cabin location. I converted my garage, so I have to work with what I have. My DB's are fixed 15 to 120 lbs sets, and have about 1200 lbs oly plates. 53 yrs young, 5-9.3/4. 201 lbs depending on how much water I drank during the day before 1-1/12 gal. Quads measure about 25" at the middle, need 27" to match my upper body. If needed, I could drop the arm workouts to fit something else in as my arms are fuking big. (was a iron worker for 20 yrs) Any suggestions?

axioma
09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Ok, thanks for the solicitation...can we get arrested? lol

1. Move legs earlier in the week, Monday is preferred. Since it is your priority then hit them early while you are fresh and focused.

2. Split is fine, combining arms w/bigger bodyparts is great, that way you work them with chest and back and can just focus on concentration movements to shape since you have the mass already.

3. extensions: after two 20 rep warmups, add weight to get a hard 8-12 reps. 4 sets.
smith machine squats: 100lbs. is fine. just push the reps. do these with legs fairly wide and feet pointed out, like a ballet plie'. come down and make right angle to floor and keep tension the whole range of motion. 3 x 15+ w/ whatever weight gets the job done.
Leg press: try throwing in some unilateral work, this really hits the adductors as well as quads and glutes. You will have a greater range of motion, as the hips are not locked in as with two leg press. Also, weight will not be as much an issue. try these every third workout. 3 x 20 ea. leg.
Hacks: FST-7 style. 7 sets of 10 reps.
Dumbbell stiff leg deadlifts: 4 sets of 12 (keep back flat)
Goodmornings: can you do these with just a broomstick?
I would really look at increasing volume and pyramid weight as opposed to sticking with same weight. Psychologically greater benefit to increase weight slightly and get a lesser number of reps, as opposed to seeing your reps decrease as you fatigue.

DOMS: me too! I just figure I trashed the bodypart and love the pain.

I hope this helped, give me feedback if something doesn't seem doable.

axioma
09-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Ok, signing off...hard to type with three bags of frozen peas plastered all over my body!
Clemson plays PC (my daughters school) tomorrow and it will probably be ugly. Hope PC keeps Clemson under 50 points!
Next week: Max effort week, then a week off, then new program.

Note to forum regulars: seems like it has been a tense week for lots of us, some hurtfull things said. But, like family, you just get over it, make up and drive on. I respect everyone here and value your input and insights. Hope everyone has a really great weekend and gets some rest!

bryantone
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks. I will do this for a quarter (4 months for those in Rio Linda) and we will see some results with my 105% effort.

Hammerfit
09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
For the most part, I agree with you, otherwise I wouldn't take the time and energy to post here. You are also right in that a "journal" is going to address more that just the workout/diet, but also the emotional struggles of maintaining a high level of training. Point taken.

that is so true I have been member of many and this is the first that has other guys go through the same shit I do being 55 yrs old and hanging around at a low bf while others go out and do whatever

Hey man arent you from Columbia? Go Dawgs!

axioma
09-10-2010, 04:14 PM
originally from Tally, Go NOLES! However, since I have moved all over the country, hard to just support one team. My daughter is a junior at Presbyterian College and this is the big time for them. Love Athens, so down w/Dawgs too! I'm just a whore, anyone gives me a hat or t-shirt, I wear it. Wearing a Notre Dame hat w/a Nebraska shirt right now....I know, a special place in hell for me!....Keep killin' it!

axioma
09-10-2010, 04:18 PM
that is so true I have been member of many and this is the first that has other guys go through the same shit I do being 55 yrs old and hanging around at a low bf while others go out and do whatever This is why the comraderie at shows is so unique. Hell, I was a competitive triathlete for years and NEVER had the support I have found here!

Hey man arent you from Columbia? Go Dawgs!
Columbia would be GameCocks!....Ah,,, despite the previous post...I will NOT wear anything from USC...I cannot say with a straight face that I am A COCK FAN! Just grosses my ass out!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Ahem...how bout the real USC?

:yep:

Go TROJANS

Baldie

Mac
09-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Go TROJANS

Baldie

Gees I am getting old, can't read your small fucking type.

Go USC

joedemarco
09-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Note to forum regulars: seems like it has been a tense week for lots of us, some hurtfull things said. But, like family, you just get over it, make up and drive on. I respect everyone here and value your input and insights. Hope everyone has a really great weekend and gets some rest!

Funny you should say that Ax because I was thinking the same thing today. It has been a tense week here and that's very unusual for this forum. I agree with you 100% that it will all pass. The regulars on this forum are all great people, and are all here to help each other. I can honestly say that I have never seen a post (from a regular) that is written to be hurtful or insulting. Forum members here may not always agree on different issues, but that is a GOOD thing. It makes for good discussion.

Have a great weekend!

freebirdmac
09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Ok, signing off...hard to type with three bags of frozen peas plastered all over my body!
Clemson plays PC (my daughters school) tomorrow and it will probably be ugly. Hope PC keeps Clemson under 50 points!
Next week: Max effort week, then a week off, then new program.

Maybe there's too many folks in contest prep and/or otherwise stressed out :p

axioma
09-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Go TROJANS

Baldie

Okay...the REAL USC...my high school were the Trojans....4A Florida State champs....

axioma
09-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Didn't work shoulders over the weekend, just iced and rested.

Today: Hams/Quads.
Started w/hams to preexhaust before quads.
Lying leg curls: 100 x 10 x 7
Stiff leg deads (to floor): 225 x 12 x 3
Seated leg curls: 150 x 10 x 3
Lying leg curls: 100 x 10 x 7
Extensions: 150 x 10 x 7
Front squats: 315 x 10,9,8
Single Leg press on machine: 400 x 10 x 3
Vertical Leg Press: 400 x 10 x 7

axioma
09-14-2010, 12:42 PM
9/14/10
Chest and Triceps
Pec fly machine: 150 x 10 x 7
Incline dumbbell press: 90 x 12, 100 x 10, 110 x 10
flat dumbbell press: 110 x 12, 125 x 10, 9
Incline machine press: stack x 10 x 7
overhead tri extensions w/rope: 110 x 10 x 7
close grip bench: 225 x 12, 245 x 12,10
single arm pushdowns: 3 x 10-12
reverse grip pushdowns: 100 x 10 x 7

axioma
09-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Sampling Protein:

I have been sampling lots of products for the e-store. Really mean when I say we sell what we use. Just tried Carnivor beef protein...sucks. OK, I know the clinical data and the blah, blah, but it taste like ass! Beef ass! Has one of the worst aftertastes I remember...rates up there with TwinLab AminoFuel! I am not going to sell the stuff, no way. Too many other really good proteins out there that are solid ingredient wise and taste great. I really think we got it covered with Isolyze (isolate), ProComplete 40 (blend) and Whole Gains (mass, blend w/carbs). They all taste great and mix well. Hey, Marijan...you here?

caribeman
09-14-2010, 12:52 PM
LOL Beef ass!

axioma
09-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Current supplements used:
ProComplete40 (upon waking and before bed)
MVP (multivit)
Big Blues (2 grams upon waking, 2 grams before bed)
Cordyceps product (either cordyceps only or w/creatine)
Preworkout (trying different products to evaluate, liked Hydrovol, 02 Positive..)
AfterGlow (post workout)

Try to make sure that I am getting amount of creatine (usually kre alklyn), citralline malate, alanine in products w/out taking direct.

axioma
09-16-2010, 12:38 PM
9/16
Shoulders/biceps
Lateral Raise machine: 10 sets of 7
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 80 x 12, 90 x 12, 100 x 8
Barbell Front Raise: 65 x 12 x 3
Hammer Strength isolateral shoulder: 120lbs per side x 10 x 7
Bent Dumbbell lateral raise: 30 x 10 x 7
Hi cable reverse crossovers: 90 x 10 x 3
Life Fitness seated curl machine: 100 x 10 x 7
Concentration curls: 30 x 12 x 3
EZ bar: 95 x 12 x 7

axioma
09-17-2010, 03:00 PM
9/17
Back/traps
close grip pulldowns: 150 x 10 x 7
Seated Rows: 160, 180, 190 x 12
Deadlifts: 315 x 12, 405 x 8 x 2
T-bar: 5 plates x 10 x 3
Reverse grip pulls: 10 x 7
Dumbbell shrugs: 110 x 12 x 3
Barbell shrugs: 265 x 10 x 7

axioma
09-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Z is celebrating her birthday on Sunday and Heather's on Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great weekend and is safe.

Hammerfit
09-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Z is celebrating her birthday on Sunday and Heather's on Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great weekend and is safe.

Happy Birthday Z and Heather!

Baldiewonkanobi
09-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Happy BD girls. Looking forward to seeing you both (and the old man) in 10 months.

Baldie

freebirdmac
09-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Happy Birthday Z and Heather :D

axioma
09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Happy BD girls. Looking forward to seeing you both (and the old man) in 10 months.

Baldie

We hope to see you before then...stop by during the New England trip.

axioma
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Today: Abs and 30 minutes cardio.

I will just do some cardio, abs and calves this week.

Next week: 14 day Cyclical Keto Diet and Workout. This will be my primer before beginning Lean Mass Phase. I hope to lose 5lbs of fat in two weeks and prime my body for growth.

Lean Mass Phase will run 16 weeks.

I will take 1 week off and run CKDW for 4 weeks, one week off and then 20 week PreContest Phase to Masters. Goal: 215 stage weight.

Rick Prince
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Today: Abs and 30 minutes cardio.

...Goal: 215 stage weight.

What are you weighing now? Your plan looks interesting. I look forward to following your journey to Masters Nationals.

axioma
09-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Current weight is 225 @10%bf. Granted, me showing up at 215 is dependant upon a. nothing derailing training: family crisis, injuries, lack of money. b. doing everything right: eating, training, etc. This is my GOAL!

joedemarco
09-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Ax, I noticed you mentioned possibly seeing Baldie next month. Are you in New England?

axioma
09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
No, south carolina. Hoping Baldie will stop by and meet the posse. Lord knows, everyone has heard enough about him.

axioma
09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Not much interest in the thread lately...funny, big sexy and goushang x hang out here a good bit, but have not posted on my thread...whattup?

Pics, everyone wants a pic to pick apart, so I will have to post some next week at the start of the CKDW.

axioma
09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Story:
Last week Mike and I were working back and his friend Jake asks if he can work in. Picture this: Mike is 23, All American Big Ass Blond Bomber replica, 6'1" @ 260. Jake is MMA tatooed MadMan, 6'2" @ 200 lbs. shredded. The guy runs up walls and does backflips..maniac. So I say, Hell Yes!
Jake is still in college, studying his ass off, walking around the gym with flash cards. We have to make sure he doesn't walk into shit going from one thing to the other...the guy is on his meds and FOCUSED!
I just did a set of deadlifts, 8 reps at 405. I help load the bar for Mike (495) and lean against the squat rack. Picture this:
The old man leaning against the squat rack, Captain America psyching himself for a set of 10 reps and Jake sitting on the floor behind him flipping through his flash cards.
I thought to myself, "This...THIS is what the brotherhood of IRON is all about!" It was a beautiful moment....I vowed to keep a camera in my gym bag to capture those moments.

axioma
09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Going to take Heather her birthday cake!

freebirdmac
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't know about lack of interest in your thread... I think people just don't feel the need to comment on everyone's daily workout. Unless there are picts or general chatter you might not get many comments. I'm guilty of that :)

BTW, it was interesting to see you do hams before quads. Quite unusual.

Baldiewonkanobi
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Ax, I noticed you mentioned possibly seeing Baldie next month. Are you in New England?

I used up some frequant fliers on my trip to the SF Bay area last week. I will be in New England 10-5/10-15. I have one leg to Pitt in the books and hope to have the return trip earned soon. My next trip will come spring 2011 and look to swing south on that trip. I cheerish my training time with others in their gyms.

Baldie

bryantone
09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Pics are good. A few measurments are too if it isnt too personal. Like height, waist, arms and thigh. OK then, how about height? BTW i had to soak in a hot bath tuesday, you know, the day after the leg routine you gave me. You arnt going to bill me are you?

Mac
09-23-2010, 06:30 AM
I always read your thread Ax, but I am not a man of many words... Put up some pics. This page in your thread is worthless without pics.

axioma
09-23-2010, 07:10 AM
I don't know about lack of interest in your thread... I think people just don't feel the need to comment on everyone's daily workout. Unless there are picts or general chatter you might not get many comments. I'm guilty of that :)

BTW, it was interesting to see you do hams before quads. Quite unusual.

Just another preexhaust. wouldn't do it all the time, but it keeps you from focusing on "oh, i should squat this or press that" and just focus on the weight necessary to stimulate the muscle. Also brings balance into play, need to maintain that core stability with the hams torched.

axioma
09-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Not talking to any of the regulars regarding saying high, just the ones who hang out, read, but never let you know that they are reading...guilty pleasure I guess! Those of us who have threads generally read and support each other, even without posting. You know who I am talking about....

axioma
09-23-2010, 07:14 AM
I used up some frequant fliers on my trip to the SF Bay area last week. I will be in New England 10-5/10-15. I have one leg to Pitt in the books and hope to have the return trip earned soon. My next trip will come spring 2011 and look to swing south on that trip. I cheerish my training time with others in their gyms.

Baldie
Then let me know, that sounds like a great time. I will call you over weekend.

axioma
09-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Pics are good. A few measurments are too if it isnt too personal. Like height, waist, arms and thigh. OK then, how about height? BTW i had to soak in a hot bath tuesday, you know, the day after the leg routine you gave me. You arnt going to bill me are you?

I wish I could take you on as a client, but we will make do with the situation. Glad the legs are responding. Remember, don't be afraid to push the workout back a day, IF the bodypart is still sore. As Lee says, stimulate...DON"T annihilate!

axioma
09-23-2010, 07:19 AM
I always read your thread Ax, but I am not a man of many words... Put up some pics. This page in your thread is worthless without pics.

Hopefully not completely worthless:dunno: I think the story about my workout with the "kids" is what gym culture should include, one generation learning from and getting energy from another.

GirlyMuscle
09-23-2010, 07:20 AM
While I'm not a regular to your thread (as in visit every day) I do pop in from time to time. Usually, looking for pics. Especially your Lady. I love FBBing. :)

So....:wavey:

Mac
09-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Hopefully not completely worthless:dunno: I think the story about my workout with the "kids" is what gym culture should include, one generation learning from and getting energy from another.

Just razzin you Matt. It's just the ol' 'useless thread without pics' cliche.

We all learn from each other, well most of us do.

axioma
09-23-2010, 07:25 AM
While I'm not a regular to your thread (as in visit every day) I do pop in from time to time. Usually, looking for pics. Especially your Lady. I love FBBing. :)

So....:wavey:

I really wish she would start a thread, but that ain't happening...she would just a soon use a computer for a blunt instrument as anything. I will post some photos. Xiomara is just getting back into the groove. Even though our girl is in college, Xiomara feels she is selfish with the training, so she has been baking cakes and cookies, putting together tailgate parties...being college mom! That is running it's course though and she is feeling the need to get back into the gym. Thanks for stopping by....speaking of pics....love when you post a vid! Keep that momentum going and refining that awesome physique you have built.:yep:

GirlyMuscle
09-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Will do.

I'll make my presence here known more often instead of just silently lurking. ;)

Hammerfit
09-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Story:
Last week Mike and I were working back and his friend Jake asks if he can work in. Picture this: Mike is 23, All American Big Ass Blond Bomber replica, 6'1" @ 260. Jake is MMA tatooed MadMan, 6'2" @ 200 lbs. shredded. The guy runs up walls and does backflips..maniac. So I say, Hell Yes!
Jake is still in college, studying his ass off, walking around the gym with flash cards. We have to make sure he doesn't walk into shit going from one thing to the other...the guy is on his meds and FOCUSED!
I just did a set of deadlifts, 8 reps at 405. I help load the bar for Mike (495) and lean against the squat rack. Picture this:
The old man leaning against the squat rack, Captain America psyching himself for a set of 10 reps and Jake sitting on the floor behind him flipping through his flash cards.
I thought to myself, "This...THIS is what the brotherhood of IRON is all about!" It was a beautiful moment....I vowed to keep a camera in my gym bag to capture those moments.

The Old Man Ha! I bet you put the kids to shame when it comes to intensity!

Hammerfit
09-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Just another preexhaust. wouldn't do it all the time, but it keeps you from focusing on "oh, i should squat this or press that" and just focus on the weight necessary to stimulate the muscle. Also brings balance into play, need to maintain that core stability with the hams torched.

I had been having issue w lower back pain when I squat and I decided to do stiff leg dead lifts before squatting, cured the back pain while squatting. Doing Hams before Quads is a good idea. Gets the hips warmed up and loose. I like to keep switching em up. One week I'll split quads and hams, next week together 2 x a week, then next week backwards, etc.

axioma
09-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Speaking of intensity, decided to do a little workout w/one of my clients today. Wanted to show him the proper pacing, as he was whining a bit...it worked.

One thing I noticed, my shoulder kills me when I do back squats. I have been doing front squats for awhile and have lost some of the flexibility for back squats. Took awhile to get my arms back and find a comfortable hand position. I noticed that it really opened my chest up too. I just did bodyweight, really slow, sat down, read a book, napped, then out of the hole and squeeze.

Down4whatever
09-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Not talking to any of the regulars regarding saying high, just the ones who hang out, read, but never let you know that they are reading...guilty pleasure I guess! Those of us who have threads generally read and support each other, even without posting. You know who I am talking about....

I too read daily, but as my personality dictates, I don't say much because I don't feel that I'm anywhere close to your level and feel that anything I post would be trite and meaningless.

Your drive and passion is definitely inspiring!! :yep:

axioma
09-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey, you keep doing what you are doing...the trifecta is a tremendous accomplishment

Hammerfit
09-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Speaking of intensity, decided to do a little workout w/one of my clients today. Wanted to show him the proper pacing, as he was whining a bit...it worked.

One thing I noticed, my shoulder kills me when I do back squats. I have been doing front squats for awhile and have lost some of the flexibility for back squats. Took awhile to get my arms back and find a comfortable hand position. I noticed that it really opened my chest up too. I just did bodyweight, really slow, sat down, read a book, napped, then out of the hole and squeeze.

try this if you have plates with holes in them....get the bar settled on your traps then move your hands to plates, instead of griping bar gives you a spread out stance where there is no pressure on shoulders you might can do with plates with no holes? try it w 1 pl only to see what happens It takes the shoulders out of the equation

joedemarco
09-23-2010, 11:23 AM
try this if you have plates with holes in them....get the bar settled on your traps then move your hands to plates, instead of griping bar gives you a spread out stance where there is no pressure on shoulders you might can do with plates with no holes? try it w 1 pl only to see what happens It takes the shoulders out of the equation

That arm position definitely takes the pressure off the shoulders. I like doing that when I'm squatting with a light or moderate weight. However, when I'm going heavy, I don't feel like I have any control of the bar with my hands out that wide. That's when I like to have my hands in a little tighter.

Hammerfit
09-23-2010, 11:37 AM
That arm position definitely takes the pressure off the shoulders. I like doing that when I'm squatting with a light or moderate weight. However, when I'm going heavy, I don't feel like I have any control of the bar with my hands out that wide. That's when I like to have my hands in a little tighter.

yep when I get to 315=> I slide hands to collars

axioma
09-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I give it a try

axioma
09-24-2010, 10:53 PM
anyone watching webcast?

axioma
09-25-2010, 08:50 AM
for my taste, phil and dexter look like one and two. I respect and appreciate the physiques of jay and branch, but phil and dexter have filled out their frames with freaky muscle and maintained a "prettiness" to their physiques. that may or may not be a prerequesite in the minds of the judges, but I think you must present that to be considered "classic". 'at the end of the day, what will posterity judge as "classic", haney, arnold, a couple years of dorian and coleman...phil is definately classic. If I hear "narrow clavicles" one more time I will fucking puke! Phil also possesses the demeanor and "squeaky clean" persona of what the Mr. Olympia should convey. Hope phil pulls it off, however who know. I agree with wrap-up, it will be decided tonight.

GirlyMuscle
09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I had to work last night so I didn't get to see anything until this morning. I have to say Roelly Winklaar is fast becoming one of my favorites. All around, too, not just as a bber.

axioma
09-26-2010, 08:29 PM
glad Jay won, congratulations. Listening to the wrap-ups, some surprise that Jay won....in almost every sport, if the defending champion does what he/she has to, and is on their game, they will retain the title. Phil Heath was AS good as Jay in a different way, however not remarkabley BETTER! Look like a really good one, it will be fodder for the dweebs on central who say their guy should have won....for the next 12 months.

axioma
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
began the ckdw program today with cardio only and limiting carbs. Tomorrow will be chest/back giant sets and I will video it. diet will be 1 gram protein per lb bodyweight, 50 grams carb and essential fats. I will increase protein to 1.5 grams next week. My starting weight this a.m. was 228.4

axioma
09-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Chest/Back Giant sets:
A1: Flat Bench: 275 x 6 (felt awkward, and shoulder was tweaked)
A2: Incline dumbbell press: 95 x 12
A3: Pec Dec: 145 x 25
x 2 sets
B1: Pulldowns: 190 x 6 (strict with hold at bottom)
B2: Barbell Rows: 225 x 12
B3: Close grip pulldowns: 100 x 25
x 2 sets
30 minutes cardio

axioma
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Shot some video of clients doing programs as well as my partner and I. I will try to semi-edit and post.

axioma
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks Joe, for changing the thread to 2011.

axioma
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Today Leg Giant Sets
Squats: 315 x 6
Vertical Squat Press: 400 x 12
Extensions: 100 x 25
Repeat
Prone Leg Curls: 130 x 6
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 80 x 12
Hypers: x 25
Repeat

This workout kicked my ass. The extensions were slow and deliberate until about 13 or 14, then just move the fuckers...God, serious burn...hahahahah
Fell walking to dumbbell rack after leg curls...quad just gave out....hahahahha
Had to keep knees LOCKED during stiff legs!
Back cramped on drive back to office....hahahahha...had the seat back like I was getting ready for a driveby...hahahah...where's my gat? Oh, that shit, swerving into oncoming traffic....hahahahah
got into office...drank my recovery drink and PASSED OUT.....for 40 minutes....UPS knocking on door....hahahahah...Yes, baby this is what it is all about!

axioma
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
My ass is depleted boys and girls! I am just too stupid to feel the pain right now, thus the ridiculous grin....hahahah....err, grimace?

Baldiewonkanobi
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
My ass is depleted boys and girls! I am just too stupid to feel the pain right now, thus the ridiculous grin....hahahah....err, grimace?

My left ham just cramped reading this :hypno:

Baldie (hopping around the room)