PDA

View Full Version : Axioma's Journal and Journey to Masters Nationals 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

axioma
11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
OK Ax, You promised you were going to post some pics so let's see em at 247 pounds. Plus it's been two months since we've all taken measurements so I took mine again and posted them too. Me and Bill were the only two guys who have posted offseason pics of ourselves...now it's your turn my friend!!

Our Master's Road to the 2011 Master's Nationals (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=42136) Post Pics in here and post your measurements in the other thread called Actual Not Inflated Measurements

We're all in this together and trainin hard for the same golden ticket!!!

247 has come and gone. Mostly water. Holding 238-240 right now, planning on dropping a good bit of that before heading to Honduras, like to be around 230 for the trip and come back around 220.
Kevin, to be honest, not really motivated to post pics. why? I looked like a muffin top at 247. You are in a different league my friend, maintaining 8% BF during a bulk! You have won your class, in the posedown and heading back for more. I barely placed top 10 and moving up a class, butting heads with a likely overall and pro, Marjian Lipsinic.
I'll post some pics when I feel like I have something to show other than adipose and body hair. I really don't see any of the lighter guys challenging you for dominance. I don't know anything about a golden ticket...I just want some validation, want to throw some muscle in the judges faces that makes them take notice. I will leave the golden tickets for you guys.

joedemarco
11-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Back and Chest Supersets:
1. 30degree incline smith presses: (no counterbalance) 4 sets, 2 sets x 315 x 12 w/
pull ups (different grips, all wider than shoulder) 4 x 12-15 (tough at 240lbs)
2. 20 degree dumbbell presses: 3 x 12, 21's w/110lbs
Smith bent over rows: 225 x 12 x 3
3. 30 degree flyes: 3 x 12 x 70
Dumbbell rows: 3 x 12 x 110

4. Dumbbell pullovers: 70 x 15 x 3
Good pump, felt particularly strong on the 21's. Did 7 bottoms, 7 tops, and 7 fulls w/2 second pause at the bottom.

Good stuff, Ax!

Hammerfit
11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Good stuff, Ax!

Kevin, to be honest, not really motivated to post pics. why? I looked like a muffin top at 247

funny chit bro I know the feeling, I dont care, I want to get as big as possible until its time to peel down

KevinCouch
11-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I just want some validation, want to throw some muscle in the judges faces that makes them take notice.

Ax,
I guarantee your physique will "serve notice" to the judges this year my friend. I totally respect that you don't want to show pics...
What really matters is how you look when you step on stage in July.

Keep doing what you're doing it's obviously working!
Kevin

Down4whatever
12-01-2010, 07:58 AM
247 has come and gone. Mostly water. Holding 238-240 right now, planning on dropping a good bit of that before heading to Honduras, like to be around 230 for the trip and come back around 220.

Wow, 247!!

Whats in Honduras that aids in losing 10# of fat? Maybe I need to schedule a trip :D

axioma
12-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Honduras? Lots and lots of fresh fruit, coconut water every morning with my eggs and beans (yes, we start the day the musical way) and, AND the possible intestinal bug. Hope I don't get it. With all the walking we do (4-5 miles a day easy) and not working out, will drop some. Fits into the plan though, want to be really lean and light (200ish) before starting my precontest as I want to peak in growth at show.

joedemarco
12-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Honduras? Lots and lots of fresh fruit, coconut water every morning with my eggs and beans (yes, we start the day the musical way) and, AND the possible intestinal bug. Hope I don't get it. With all the walking we do (4-5 miles a day easy) and not working out, will drop some. Fits into the plan though, want to be really lean and light (200ish) before starting my precontest as I want to peak in growth at show.

Ax, you want to drop all the way down to around 200 before starting your contest prep? I thought you were going in as a heavyweight in July? That sounds awful light.

KevinCouch
12-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Ax, you want to drop all the way down to around 200 before starting your contest prep? I thought you were going in as a heavyweight in July? That sounds awful light.

I was going to ask the same question....Seems like you would lose some hard earned muscle that you've put on the last few months?

Hammerfit
12-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I was going to ask the same question....Seems like you would lose some hard earned muscle that you've put on the last few months?

he's bringing back some of that secret gonja that packs on lean muscle in 30 days!

axioma
12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Muscle memory. If I can maintain 200lbs. with minimal workouts, lots of cardio and moderate protein AND no supplements, then I should easily rebound and ADD muscle going into the show. A lean 200lbs starting a prep should put in the show at 210-215.

Arnold set this standard of prep after '73. He had all the mass he needed, would get down to 205-210 at the start of his prep. He knew when he added the calories and added the supplements, he would regain the mass.

I also am off GH right now, will stay off for 10 weeks. I used it consistently and will now let those little baby muscle cells mature. Most people look to get the benefits from GH immediately, and to extent you do, the recovery and fat loss. The growth takes many months for the new cells to mature and grow. Like I said, I am figuring this out, might fall right on my ass, however I think I am on the right track. We shall see.

KevinCouch
12-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Arnold DID pave the way to contest prep, you're right. Growing into a show is THE BEST way for me to prepare to. I was planning on doing that into the Nationals before I got injured but I was just going to maintain bodyweight for the last few weeks and fill out. You know your body best and you know how to prepare so it will work for you!!!

GirlyMuscle
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I admit I have been lax in following journals. Now that I'm not in contest prep I have more time. I'm interested in following this "grow into a show" approach. What's the time line? When's the show and when does prep start?

axioma
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
When I decided to compete for the first time in 08, I was already lean from doing martial arts and triathlons. I used a fast metabolism to use the calories, added the supps and prepped for 12 weeks. It worked great, however I would use more time. Even my prep last year for MN was a little rushed based on my starting point.

I will stay off all supps for 10 more weeks with the exception of gh, maintain a cycle of 2-4 iu daily. I will get BF down to 6-8% BEFORE starting prep, probably be around 205lbs. I will begin prep for MN 20 weeks out. I will add supps and GROW into show. I will keep carbs around 500grams to start and gradually drop over weeks. The variable will be if I do state show or not. Not sure how to fit that in as it is 1st week of June and MN is 3rd week of July. I don't like the idea of a "tune-up" show, if I do the state it is to win the overall. If anyone sees glaring flaws in this strategy please point it out. I am doing this "guru-less", so open to suggestions.

Hammerfit
12-02-2010, 01:10 PM
When I decided to compete for the first time in 08, I was already lean from doing martial arts and triathlons. I used a fast metabolism to use the calories, added the supps and prepped for 12 weeks. It worked great, however I would use more time. Even my prep last year for MN was a little rushed based on my starting point.

I will stay off all supps for 10 more weeks with the exception of gh, maintain a cycle of 2-4 iu daily. I will get BF down to 6-8% BEFORE starting prep, probably be around 205lbs. I will begin prep for MN 20 weeks out. I will add supps and GROW into show. I will keep carbs around 500grams to start and gradually drop over weeks. The variable will be if I do state show or not. Not sure how to fit that in as it is 1st week of June and MN is 3rd week of July. I don't like the idea of a "tune-up" show, if I do the state it is to win the overall. If anyone sees glaring flaws in this strategy please point it out. I am doing this "guru-less", so open to suggestions.

Matt I think your strategy is sound and I'm pretty close to the same program. You bring up a good point regarding tune up shows, that is still on my mind a bit. I too only give a shit about the national show. I figure this is my all in year and I'm going for it. Then reality hits. I have been told and seen first hand that politics(that's what we'll refer to them) are involved as well and need to be addressed.

It's not really a problem for past champions, judges know who you are and if you show up in awesome condition you will get upmost consideration and close look. If you have not won regional and or national judge participated shows then it's a crap shot at best.

That's why I think the "tune up" is of value in at least my circumstance. My timing is about as fucked up as yours though. There is a level 5 show in May that has all national judges and the promoter is a friend of mine that seems to think the same judges will be in PITT and I need the exposure. The downside would be if I fucked it up, they wouldnt pay me any attention anyway. The up side is coming in with excellent conditioning and quality and they will remember me in July.

The big issue is timing. I am starting prep Jan 1. That gives me 20 weeks which is very good slow prep for me. But then you got 2 months to do what? Hard decision. Thought I would share since situation is very similar.

KevinCouch
12-02-2010, 02:08 PM

Ax,
Your plan makes sense but don't automatically assume you're going to lose that much weight being off "supplements" for 10 weeks. IMO try and keep as much size on as possible during this down period and not bring your calories down too low for this period because you might sacrifice a little muscle you've put on. You might only get down to 210-215 or so. You will get a huge kick once you start your prep after being off "supp" and I believe it is a sound strategy.

In my prep for the MN last year I only hooked up with George 8 weeks out in late May. I was totally "supplement" free since 1995 so in 8 weeks I was able to make a dramatic difference in my physique in a very short time for the very reason you are talking about..I was already very lean and clean and once I kicked it in it I was making huge gains almost daily.

Maybe I'll post a pic on my thread of me 8 weeks out of the MN before I met George but I'm almost embarrassed to...
Kevin

Mac
12-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Ax,

Maybe I'll post a pic on my thread of me 8 weeks out of the MN before I met George but I'm almost embarrassed to...
Kevin

I am curious to see the difference the supplements made to your physique.

axioma
12-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the input, I listen to every word.

Baldiewonkanobi
12-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Also interested. I am a proponent of less is best with 'suppliments'. Currently hanging on a good jolt of HRT 2 x week with a full 'suppliment' stash on hand.

This paradigm is so 70s.

Baldie

axioma
12-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Ahhh, yes, the shoe box...

axioma
12-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Really started to feel the joints, knees especially the last few weeks, so just did single leg workout today.

Single extensions: 20,20,15,15,10
Single leg vertical squat machine: 100 x 20 x 4 ea. leg
Single leg presses: 6 plates total: 5 sets of 15
Single leg curls: 20 x 3
Leg curls: 10 x 3
Done.

KevinCouch
12-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Really started to feel the joints, knees especially the last few weeks, so just did single leg workout today.

Single extensions: 20,20,15,15,10
Single leg vertical squat machine: 100 x 20 x 4 ea. leg
Single leg presses: 6 plates total: 5 sets of 15
Single leg curls: 20 x 3
Leg curls: 10 x 3
Done.

Which leg did you work today? :dunno: I crack myself up!!

Seriously, I've been getting a lot out of unilateral leg work cause of my knees too!

axioma
12-03-2010, 03:18 PM
The chubby one...ahem.

KevinCouch
12-03-2010, 03:19 PM
The chubby one...ahem.

Man, I edited my post!

axioma
12-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Don't know if any of you listened to the HMR w/ ben white and chris aceto recently. I was really surprised by Dave's sincere assertion that guys are doing too much juice. It was almost a plea to step back and look at what you are doing. This is from a guy who is thought of as really mega dose everything. Whether he did or didn't back in the day, I wonder if he is getting a sense of mortality and what his longevity will be. He HAS to wonder if what he did will, not only shorten his life, but lessen the quality of it. It was refreshing.

axioma
12-03-2010, 03:31 PM
OK, out of here. Think we will go see Secretariat this weekend. Need some inspiration. Have a great weekend. You new guys, share the wealth and visit some other threads, don't get cliqueish too quick. Lots of great threads here.

joedemarco
12-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Don't know if any of you listened to the HMR w/ ben white and chris aceto recently. I was really surprised by Dave's sincere assertion that guys are doing too much juice. It was almost a plea to step back and look at what you are doing. This is from a guy who is thought of as really mega dose everything. Whether he did or didn't back in the day, I wonder if he is getting a sense of mortality and what his longevity will be. He HAS to wonder if what he did will, not only shorten his life, but lessen the quality of it. It was refreshing.

I didn't hear the show, but I know Dave is a smart guy and he obviously can see what road a lot of these bodybuilders are taking in terms of drug use. It is refreshing that he would come out and make a point about the excess drug use in the sport.

HeavyDutyGuy
12-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Many people ARE using more than they need. Understandable, but too much is worse than too little). At some point, there has to be some limit.

Hammerfit
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM

I did Mat, it was good stuff. I really respect him.

axioma
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
watched Dust for Glory last night. About the Baja 1000 race. Very inspirational, awesome race footage, it will get you jacked.

axioma
12-08-2010, 04:19 PM
replying to hammes thread gave me his crud. Serious sinus headache and drainage, feel like shit. I have got get a handle on this before flying...just imagining my head popping at 30k feet.

axioma
12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I did something like this... I set it up as follows:

135lb curls x 20
405lb bench press x 20
315lb close grip bench x 20
75lb iso curls for bicep peak x 20
50lb reverse iso lateral symmetric curls for width
60lb density curls for more bicep density

then rest 1 minute and repeat until your arms are so insane people are going nuts.

The Big Sexy posted this on a thread in Central. Before I call bullshit, you guys tell me what you think, am I reading this correctly? He did 405 x 20 and one minute later did 315 x 20? Has anyone checked out his profile pics? You tell me...

Hammerfit
12-08-2010, 06:01 PM
replying to hammes thread gave me his crud. Serious sinus headache and drainage, feel like shit. I have got get a handle on this before flying...just imagining my head popping at 30k feet.

Im sorry! Yeah that will be a freakin train wreck trying fly with that crap. Maybe the decongestant will keep it down enough?

Mine is getting worse. I had chest pains that woke me up last nite. We checked BP and it was not good. Lisa (who is a medical professional) ordered no lifting until BP dropped. I told her I would rather die than stop lifting. I just have to use the brain muscle more to train right now.

Hammerfit
12-08-2010, 06:07 PM

135lb curls x 20
405lb bench press x 20

then rest 1 minute and repeat until your arms are so insane people are going nuts.

The Big Sexy posted this on a thread in Central. Before I call bullshit, you guys tell me what you think, am I reading this correctly? He did 405 x 20 and one minute later did 315 x 20? Has anyone checked out his profile pics? You tell me...

Go ahead and call it! First of all anyone who can curl 135 for 20 is a freakin monster. Ronnie Coleman, yeah maybe. I see guys all the time say they did 4 or 5 reps w heavy weight and just laugh, like what does that do? And 405 for 20 bench, that puts him in some very elite group, like world class. Hey Im not saying he didn't but that is a bit of a reach. I read that and at first thought you had did that and was going WTF?! Did you find some kyrtomite? and if so where do I get it!

joedemarco
12-08-2010, 08:00 PM

135lb curls x 20
405lb bench press x 20

If those were the correct numbers that he posted, I would call it bullshit without much hesitation....

KevinCouch
12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
If those were the correct numbers that he posted, I would call it bullshit without much hesitation....

AGREED!! Bullshit.

joedemarco
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I went and looked at the thread you are talking about with those workout numbers. The Big Sexy is obviously joking.

axioma
12-09-2010, 08:49 AM
OK, silly me, I didn't see a lol, or emoticon, nothing to indicate joking. Now I see that it is because I don't fathom the depth of the individual according to singermann. Guy just looks like a schmuck when conducting interviews, really brings down the professionalism of the site for this numbnut to be given a mike....thanks for checking...I wrote a reply on the thread.

Baldiewonkanobi
12-09-2010, 01:17 PM
:hypno: the professionalism of the site :hypno:

Said what?

Baldie

axioma
12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Yea.....I know, I know...

I think Toney Freeman would be awesome, the guy is well spoken and dresses sharp for a monster.

HeavyDutyGuy
12-09-2010, 03:33 PM
And Tony got busted in Sweden- for LOOKING like he took steroids!- I am mortified- I should give up SC and go take back my homeland by force..

KevinCouch
12-09-2010, 03:35 PM
And Tony got busted in Sweden- for LOOKING like he took steroids!- I am mortified- I should give up SC and go take back my homeland by force..

They bust a guy like Tony because he looks like he's juicing.....why not go after the f**cking terrorists this aggressive who blew us up!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeavyDutyGuy
12-09-2010, 03:38 PM
They bust a guy like Tony because he looks like he's juicing.....why not go after the f**cking terrorists this aggressive who blew us up!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree totally Kevin. To me it borders on the insane. Who is Tony hurting?- nobody that I ever heard of.. on the other hand, terrorists hurt many, and ruin many more lives and need to be taken out.

axioma
12-09-2010, 04:44 PM
This is why we must fight to protect EVERY freedom we have, take nothing for granted and do not assume that anyone in power is going give anything back once it is taken.

How do you get through a scan and body search? Wear a bhurka...no shit...my husband will through acid in my face and cut off your testicles if you touch me.

axioma
12-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Full body circuit:
10 minute fast walk on tread at 10 degree incline @ 3.5mph

Hammer press: 20, 15, 12, 12 + partials @ 275
close grip pulldowns: 20, 15, 15 @ 200
machine fly: 15,15,15
low hammer rows: 90 per side x 15, 15, 15
machine laterals: 15, 12, 12
one arm preacher machine: 20, 12, 12
overhead dumbbell tri ext's: 105 x 20,20
one leg ext's: 20, 20, 20 @ 90
hacks: 20, 20, 20 @ 225
goodmornings: 15, 15, 15 @ 95

Hammerfit
12-09-2010, 07:20 PM
This is why we must fight to protect EVERY freedom we have, take nothing for granted and do not assume that anyone in power is going give anything back once it is taken.

How do you get through a scan and body search? Wear a bhurka...no shit...my husband will through acid in my face and cut off your testicles if you touch me.

I totally agree, this is the biggest farse of anything Ive heard. What are they gonna do when Jay shows up? I dont know whats gonna happen to this country. I have an 8 year old. Whats going to be left for her? I dont depend on anything anymore except my Sig.

HeavyDutyGuy
12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I totally agree, this is the biggest farse of anything Ive heard. What are they gonna do when Jay shows up? I dont know whats gonna happen to this country. I have an 8 year old. Whats going to be left for her? I dont depend on anything anymore except my Sig.
Jay is not going it appears. Not worth the rixk, hassle and damage to his rep, not to mention stress. WAKE UP Sweden!- you are slipping from one of the freeist most liberal countries to one of the most repressive..

Hammerfit
12-13-2010, 04:45 PM

Matt, do you have electric heat? I dont know if the meds final kicked in or what but we moved into a house with gas heat instead of electric and Im 90% back! Im talkin sudden improvement. Lisa thinks its the extra dust created with heat pumps. I woke Friday morning with bloody nose!

Trained with no headaches at all for the first time in awhile. Haven't squatted yet, that seems to effect me the most.

axioma
12-21-2010, 01:31 PM
hello fellow masters! we are currently in tocoa (Z's hometown). Spent the last four days in heaven...roatan, honduras...at the mayan princess resort. Z and I are in agreement, we will do everything it takes to move to roatan permenately in the next two years. I will try to post some pics...i just got a wireless broadband and it is working great...

also, holding 229, no supps, no workouts, just good loving, food, drink and cigars. i will be ready to rock when we get back though. got lots of offers to personal train islanders on roatan, so that will be my business with other things too. anyone wanting an awesome vacation, that is the place. met lots of really great people who visited once and never left! crazy, greeks, brits, canadians, french and americans owning bars, parasailing, resteraunts...

awesome gym on island...nothing in tocoa...

oh, those of you who know me know that for some reason..this fun loving gringo finds a way to get into shit anywhere...pakistan, columbia...now honduras. i will type more but if anyone wants to google: drug bust, kidnapping, ferry, roatan, 12/17/2010 see what you get...Z and I were in the middle of it...they kept our names out for our protection...I will just say that Z and I were surrounded by 15 gangbangers wanting to attack for 1.5 hours. longest 90 minutes of our lives. I will just say that it made me realize what a freakin badass my wife is...we sent our daughter and her boyfriend downstairs to be closer to the captain and we stayed, back to back.....whoooooo! needless to say, we needed the R & R...we both drank tequilla and laughed and cried that night. Later, amigos and amigas

axioma
12-21-2010, 01:34 PM
PS...have not needed any asthma meds or sinus meds since here...feel great...just blow it out twice a day...no problema...

Hammerfit
12-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Wow sounds like you two are having a blast! Good for you! Im not sure about the gang banger thing!

Marijan Lipsinic
12-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi Matt!
Enjoy your well deserved vacation. As I can see you guys are having a wonderful time. Best wishes !

P.S. Stay away from any kind of trouble! LOL!

v1hyp
12-22-2010, 08:52 PM
hello fellow masters! we are currently in tocoa (Z's hometown). Spent the last four days in heaven...roatan, honduras...at the mayan princess resort. Z and I are in agreement, we will do everything it takes to move to roatan permenately in the next two years. I will try to post some pics...i just got a wireless broadband and it is working great...

also, holding 229, no supps, no workouts, just good loving, food, drink and cigars. i will be ready to rock when we get back though. got lots of offers to personal train islanders on roatan, so that will be my business with other things too. anyone wanting an awesome vacation, that is the place. met lots of really great people who visited once and never left! crazy, greeks, brits, canadians, french and americans owning bars, parasailing, resteraunts...

oh, those of you who know me know that for some reason..this fun loving gringo finds a way to get into shit anywhere...pakistan, columbia...now honduras. i will type more but if anyone wants to google: drug bust, kidnapping, ferry, roatan, 12/17/2010 see what you get...Z and I were in the middle of it...they kept our names out for our protection...I will just say that Z and I were surrounded by 15 gangbangers wanting to attack for 1.5 hours. longest 90 minutes of our lives. I will just say that it made me realize what a freakin badass my wife is...we sent our daughter and her boyfriend downstairs to be closer to the captain and we stayed, back to back.....whoooooo! needless to say, we needed the R & R...we both drank tequilla and laughed and cried that night. Later, amigos and amigas

Wow, it sounds like your having a great time! Enjoy the warm weather!! :yep:

axioma
12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi Matt!
Enjoy your well deserved vacation. As I can see you guys are having a wonderful time. Best wishes !

P.S. Stay away from any kind of trouble! LOL!

Marijan and Hammer, shit just finds us:dunno: I will give a full report when we return, however I will just say this...being in that situation, your family threatened...being ready to do whatever necessary (thank God I didn't have to) just made me pull my family closer and I realized how much I love them. I already knew that Xiomara would have my back in any situation, however my daughter's (forget the step part) realization that dad would defend her in ANY circumstance gave her a piece of mind and confidence that I had not seen before. All that whole thing did was heighten the joy and fun we had the rest of their trip.

we sent them home yesterday and Xiomara and I will be here about one week more. Tomorrow I play the Big Gringo Santa and go with a friend who is a local businessman to distribute toys to a few HUNDRED kids. I will give the marines a run for their money....lol!

Ok, I have to do a little work to make the money, then a little siesta in the hammock. I hope everyone of you feels the blessings of health, family and friends that the Helton's have. God Bless and Happy Holidays to all my RX family.

HeavyDutyGuy
12-23-2010, 11:40 AM

Wow!

freebirdmac
12-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Wow!

^^^ Understatement!!!

No offense, but I don't think I'd travel with you :p
Hope the rest of the trip is pure enjoyment!

joedemarco
12-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Enjoy the rest of your vacation and Merry Christmas, Ax!

axioma
12-23-2010, 06:53 PM
^^^ Understatement!!!

No offense, but I don't think I'd travel with you :p
Hope the rest of the trip is pure enjoyment!

No offense taken, an acquired taste:dunno:

Baldiewonkanobi
12-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I was missing a size XXXL T shirt in Pitt. Glad you eneded up with it.

Bill

axioma
12-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Spent the day with a friend and local businessman distributing toys to orphans and the poor. no big guess that it wasn"t hard to find plenty...handed out over 1000 toys to 500-600 boys and girls. it was wonderful, but I kept telling myself not to lose it, almost broke down a few times.

I was saying HO,HO, HO feliz navidad....kids looked scared at first....handed on little boy a tonka dump truck, he clutched it to his chest, looked at me in said..."Oh, thank you, thank you Santa!" I'm tearing up writing it...lots of stories like that. I plan to do this every year, so anyone wanting to help next year...start getting ready!

Update on the gangbangers...they sent 14 of them straight to prison in La Ceiba, Honduras in leg chains. The news said these were the worst of the worst. My brother in law called me from Roatan and said to keep eyes on the back of my head....aye, Dios mio!

Wonderful day....loved by children and hated by drug dealing scum....I can live with that! God bless and Merry Christmas.

Marijan Lipsinic
12-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Merry Christmas my friend, to you and your family!

axioma
01-02-2011, 09:33 PM
back in the gym...2 days straight...feel brittle. Good to be back, will catch up tomorrow!

Mac
01-03-2011, 06:23 AM
back in the gym...2 days straight...feel brittle. Good to be back, will catch up tomorrow!

Glad you made it back safely and didn't endure another hijacking.

Don't break into pieces.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Welcome back. Missed you my brother.

Bill

HeavyDutyGuy
01-03-2011, 08:57 AM
W/B!!

KevinCouch
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Welcom back Ax. Now back to training for you!!

Hammerfit
01-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Glad you back, very cool about the giving back, it will always come back to you

axioma
01-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks, very good to be back. Just trying to get my wind back and get some elasticity in the muscles again. Held weight pretty well, around 225 this a.m., will clean up diet as of today! Getting back on a regular feeding schedule.

Update: If anyone of you see anyone with MS13 "mara salvatrucha 13" tats....shoot 'em. Period. I will.

Got some great video, tried posting some on youtube, but it didn't post in HD, looked grainy, so I need to talk to someone about doing it correctly.

I will see chiropractor today, back really screwed from all of the sitting, off road four wheeling, etc.

KevinCouch
01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks, very good to be back. Just trying to get my wind back and get some elasticity in the muscles again. Held weight pretty well, around 225 this a.m., will clean up diet as of today! Getting back on a regular feeding schedule.

Update: If anyone of you see anyone with MS13 "mara salvatrucha 13" tats....shoot 'em. Period. I will.

Got some great video, tried posting some on youtube, but it didn't post in HD, looked grainy, so I need to talk to someone about doing it correctly.

I will see chiropractor today, back really screwed from all of the sitting, off road four wheeling, etc.

Glad to see you held to 225. My mother and father in law live in the DC area and they've told me about the MS13 in that area too!!wft? Shoot first take names later.

Happy New Year!

joedemarco
01-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Welcome back, Ax!

axioma
01-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Morning rant

I heard about bust of axio and syntrop. It is that time of year guys...probably going to get worse.
Took old computer and used it for target practice...I know about deleting hard drive, etc., however there are ways around everything. I used a second hand computer for inquiries and "such" from an IP that is unrelated to everything else. My tech guys takes care of that.
Going to get tough for those who want a little "assistance". I hear guys on the boards saying, "get pharma grade assholes, get this, get that"...well, we all do not have access or the funds to get pharma grade. I have a 'scrip for test and could get one for hgh, however I cannot afford pharma hgh and last I heard, they don't make pharma tren or eq, two faves.
What to do?
1. Ask a guru. Hopefully, if you pay a guy $3000-$5000 a year for a program they would at least have the courtesy to give you the "name of a friend of a friend..."
2. Go natty...I know, I know...it sounds disgusting...degrading....standing up there next to someone who STILL has the funds and connections to beat the test...and you!
3. Get a sugar momma/daddy...seems to work well for ben white and other top competitors...fag hags...shmoes...whatever works...
4. Gay for pay or internet whore....client of mine does the webcam softporn for pay as soon as the kids are off and hubby is out the door...she makes alot!
5. Be independently wealthy. This is why I got out of triathlons! Once you reach a certain level...if you and your competitor are dead equal...he who can afford the more expensive toys wins. All things equal: the guy with the 8k bike will beat the guy on the 2k bike...so the sport favors the wealthy...docs, lawyers...trophy wives...

Hey, this is all just me BSing here...don't take any of this serious....HOWEVER, let's hope that guys like the Chinaman and UG entreprenuers will continue to make the stuff that allows the blue collar guys to compete at the higher levels without going bankrupt or smoking someone's pipe. Amen.

Mac
01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Morning rant

2. Go natty...I know, I know...it sounds disgusting...degrading....

I feel so dirty and unworthy.

:yep:

axioma
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
And YOU know you are...however, you also know that at any natty show, there will be those who look at it as a way to be a wolf among sheep.

At your height, you are a perfect natty, best combo of mesomorphic shape on a small frame that can be filled out nicely. over 5'9" is the land of the stringy and malnourished at contest time! I think I could compete as a natty, doing pretty well now COMPLETELY supp free, not even taking protein other than what I eat...I just know too many guys who still do the gh, igf and slin and fast acting aas at the natty level or know they won't be tested. Once you see what can be done with supps...well Pandora's box...lol.
You know I have great respect for you and Joe for doing it YOUR way.

HeavyDutyGuy
01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
South Beach rejuvenation - very expensive, but generous on therir scripts in the past .

Hammerfit
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Morning rant

I heard about bust of axio and syntrop. It is that time of year guys...probably going to get worse.
Took old computer and used it for target practice...I know about deleting hard drive, etc., however there are ways around everything. I used a second hand computer for inquiries and "such" from an IP that is unrelated to everything else. My tech guys takes care of that.
Going to get tough for those who want a little "assistance". I hear guys on the boards saying, "get pharma grade assholes, get this, get that"...well, we all do not have access or the funds to get pharma grade. I have a 'scrip for test and could get one for hgh, however I cannot afford pharma hgh and last I heard, they don't make pharma tren or eq, two faves.
What to do?
1. Ask a guru. Hopefully, if you pay a guy $3000-$5000 a year for a program they would at least have the courtesy to give you the "name of a friend of a friend..."
2. Go natty...I know, I know...it sounds disgusting...degrading....standing up there next to someone who STILL has the funds and connections to beat the test...and you!
3. Get a sugar momma/daddy...seems to work well for ben white and other top competitors...fag hags...shmoes...whatever works...
4. Gay for pay or internet whore....client of mine does the webcam softporn for pay as soon as the kids are off and hubby is out the door...she makes alot!
5. Be independently wealthy. This is why I got out of triathlons! Once you reach a certain level...if you and your competitor are dead equal...he who can afford the more expensive toys wins. All things equal: the guy with the 8k bike will beat the guy on the 2k bike...so the sport favors the wealthy...docs, lawyers...trophy wives...

Hey, this is all just me BSing here...don't take any of this serious....HOWEVER, let's hope that guys like the Chinaman and UG entreprenuers will continue to make the stuff that allows the blue collar guys to compete at the higher levels without going bankrupt or smoking someone's pipe. Amen.

Great Post!

axioma
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Went to chiro this a.m. Couldn't get adjustment on SI, bulging discs. I have to protect lower back for a couple of weeks, work back braced (no bar rows, deads, squats) and give the discs a chance to come down and resume normal position.

Crazy, the whole time I was gone, no asthma meds, sinus meds...whatever. Been back, what 9 days? Got an excrutiating sinus headache for three days now. Got lots of requests for programs, new clients...hard to even focus...

I am ready to head back to the tropics guys...

Bryan Hildebrand
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Morning rant

everyone does, but thats a lot of coin...

nothing wrong with this approach, but IMO, natty orgs are so infiltrated with douchebags looking to win an ego stroking trophy and title that morality gets a kick in the nuts...

had one. way overrated. gave up love for money... now I am in love and happy no matter our lot in life.

uh, pass.

working on this angle. I will let you know how it goes!

beautiful rant. nothing like clearing the mind with a nut busting rant. did you take a nap after writing this? for me, its akin to being post coital!

axioma
01-06-2011, 09:03 AM
beautiful rant. nothing like clearing the mind with a nut busting rant. did you take a nap after writing this? for me, its akin to being post coital!

No, but I did enter a phase (albeit brief) of extreme productivity...lol.

axioma
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Read at least 8 other journals today...got caught up...left a few comments.
Came to the realization that I have been slack in the gym...but really on fire in other parts of my life. However, through reading your journals and writing programs for my clients...just seeing the exercises...the reps and sets...I am feeling myself go through them...feeling the hunger creeping back.
To those of you who haven't had much to look at as far as what I do for training and aren't really interested in vacations and rants from a slack ass...I apologize.
But you know...this is life. I know that Joe, Mike, Baldie, Girly, Mac, Kevin, Uncle A, Bird have had their noses to the grindstone...keeping the BF low, pushing the weight and I have been absent. I don't know if this time will be the difference between looking my best or reflecting that I "should have stayed at it during that 6 week f*** off".

I have an addictive personality...and when I start back lifting...that is my addiction. You can only have so many addictions and not go crazy. Right now my addiction is my business and working with Xiomara to plan in detail the next 2-5 years. I am undergoing a major life change here, boys and girls. When I stood back to back with my wife for 90 minutes on that boat, ready to go to the absolute limit together...to protect each other and our family...it gave us both a kick in the ass to MAKE things happen and pursue a lifestyle that most people only see in the movies.

So....those of you who came here to follow the "bodybuilding" of this journal...I will be back shortly. I got some major catching up to do...I will need to rediscover the "BRUTE" as Xiomara calls me when I am animalistic. It is coming. Amen.

Hammerfit
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Read at least 8 other journals today...got caught up...left a few comments.
Came to the realization that I have been slack in the gym...but really on fire in other parts of my life. However, through reading your journals and writing programs for my clients...just seeing the exercises...the reps and sets...I am feeling myself go through them...feeling the hunger creeping back.
To those of you who haven't had much to look at as far as what I do for training and aren't really interested in vacations and rants from a slack ass...I apologize.
But you know...this is life. I know that Joe, Mike, Baldie, Girly, Mac, Kevin, Uncle A, Bird have had their noses to the grindstone...keeping the BF low, pushing the weight and I have been absent. I don't know if this time will be the difference between looking my best or reflecting that I "should have stayed at it during that 6 week f*** off".

I have an addictive personality...and when I start back lifting...that is my addiction. You can only have so many addictions and not go crazy. Right now my addiction is my business and working with Xiomara to plan in detail the next 2-5 years. I am undergoing a major life change here, boys and girls. When I stood back to back with my wife for 90 minutes on that boat, ready to go to the absolute limit together...to protect each other and our family...it gave us both a kick in the ass to MAKE things happen and pursue a lifestyle that most people only see in the movies.

So....those of you who came here to follow the "bodybuilding" of this journal...I will be back shortly. I got some major catching up to do...I will need to rediscover the "BRUTE" as Xiomara calls me when I am animalistic. It is coming. Amen.

All things will come to pass in their own time bro. Stay Strong!

axioma
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks Hammer, really appreciate the consistent support.

Z and I woke up about 5 a.m., decided to make a couple different souffle's. Ate the hell out of 'em, drinking coffee, went back to bed!

axioma
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Still made it to work by 8!

Bryan Hildebrand
01-07-2011, 09:14 AM
time off is not a bad thing. I should have taken more time off after this last surgery, but like you and many of us, it is my addiction. my soon to be ex asked me once, "why do you go to the gym so much?" I simply said because it is the one thing in life I am actually really good at and I control that destiny. she shook her head and walked away!

freebirdmac
01-07-2011, 09:42 AM
You don't owe anyone an apology!

Baldiewonkanobi
01-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Got your back BRUTE. Monica LOVES your physique. Told her 'you aint seen nothin yet'.

Bill

(I still get to hug Z when I see her in Pitt....right BRUTE?)

HeavyDutyGuy
01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I hear you. (Not to mention high level bodybuilding takes 100% and lets face it,, there are times when you don't want to or cant give it- just keeping it real).

axioma
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Got your back BRUTE. Monica LOVES your physique. Told her 'you aint seen nothin yet'.

Bill

(I still get to hug Z when I see her in Pitt....right BRUTE?)

ahhh, tit for tat?:dunno: This is my LAST weekend of "gotta get back"...

I have really been riding a wave...adipex???? of sustained, focused productivity and will just make the lifting part of that regimen...until I get to the point (hopefully Feb.1st) that it is overdrive...

axioma
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Heading home...got a couple of netflix...starting breaking bad (looks good) and Scorseses The Blues: Red, White and Blue....

Made some of FreeBird's bean muffins with a little extra special ingredient, lol,

Adam's birthday tomorrow: I was in charge of gifts and after seeing the jacked up, hand-me-down, circa 1970 30lbs case he took to Honduras, I knew it was time for the young man to step up!
Got him a Tommy Hillfiger satchel big enough for a week
A DOPP bag and a
Braun shaver
The boy is set to see the world!
Happy 21st kid...you have been great to my daughter so you are great with me...

mrky03
01-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Ur gonna love Breaking Bad, one of my favorite series! Along with Sons of Anarchy.

KevinCouch
01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Come on Matt. Get it in gear brother. We're all systems go and need to have you on board for the ride.

Get the "brute" back.

Mac
01-07-2011, 07:54 PM
This guy with the ripped glutes and razor like hamstrings says to get your ass back in the gym!

Who is this guy?

axioma
01-12-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm back....

axioma
01-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Excuse me....I'M BACK!

freebirdmac
01-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Welcome back!!!

Where are the workouts???

:D

joedemarco
01-12-2011, 11:44 AM
That is an awesome rear lat spread. The ham/glute separation is unreal.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Overlooked in 2010 is an understatement. What....50 men in your class and they had you almost behind the curtains on the first line up?

2011 baby :yep:

Bill

Hammerfit
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Excuse me....I'M BACK!

Let's Go Big Daddy, time to Roll!

axioma
01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks guys...it is painful right now...joints feel GREAT, however muscles feel brittle, lacking elasticity. I won't bother posting exercises unless someone asks, and weights are irrelevent.

Doing 3 sets of 10, hitting full body 2 or 3 times a week.
I will do this for two more weeks, then I will get back to a split (still thinking)
Focus on pump for next 6 weeks. Increasing reps to 15 before moving up in weight...Dogcrapp, only 10-15 rep range instead of 6-8.
Reintroducing my body to creatine and arginine.
Cardio daily-at least 3x 30 minute sessions weekly and the rest 10 and 10, pre- post.

Support: chiro 1x weekly and I WILL find a decent massage therapist for at least 1 massage a month. Kevin has the right idea. I will cut, bulk and cut between now and Masters. I will keep bf around 6-8%bf during the bulk phase. Not sure of exact weeks per, as I may want to jump into a "tune-up" in June.

I greatly appreciate posters and readers. Had someone walk up to me in the gym and tell me that he has been reading my journal..."crazy trip, glad you and Z made it back...you gotta get the "eye of the tiger back"...come too far..."

I am doing this for one thing and one thing only: To close a chapter.

I don't know what my stage weight should be...but I am thinking 10lbs heavier than Pitt? I think I can get there.

mrky03
01-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Unbelievable back lat spread, glutes and hams are the MONEY SHOT!

tifflex
01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
This guy with the ripped glutes and razor like hamstrings says to get your ass back in the gym!

Who is this guy?
What a lat spread! Your conditioning was unreal:yep:.

KevinCouch
01-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks guys...it is painful right now...joints feel GREAT, however muscles feel brittle, lacking elasticity. I won't bother posting exercises unless someone asks, and weights are irrelevent.

Doing 3 sets of 10, hitting full body 2 or 3 times a week.
I will do this for two more weeks, then I will get back to a split (still thinking)
Focus on pump for next 6 weeks. Increasing reps to 15 before moving up in weight...Dogcrapp, only 10-15 rep range instead of 6-8.
Reintroducing my body to creatine and arginine.
Cardio daily-at least 3x 30 minute sessions weekly and the rest 10 and 10, pre- post.

Support: chiro 1x weekly and I WILL find a decent massage therapist for at least 1 massage a month. Kevin has the right idea. I will cut, bulk and cut between now and Masters. I will keep bf around 6-8%bf during the bulk phase. Not sure of exact weeks per, as I may want to jump into a "tune-up" in June.

I greatly appreciate posters and readers. Had someone walk up to me in the gym and tell me that he has been reading my journal..."crazy trip, glad you and Z made it back...you gotta get the "eye of the tiger back"...come too far..."

I am doing this for one thing and one thing only: To close a chapter.

I don't know what my stage weight should be...but I am thinking 10lbs heavier than Pitt? I think I can get there.

In 2 to 3 weeks these aches and pains and weakness with be all behind you Matt. Then its full throttle to Pitt!!! I've seen what kind of physique you have and I also know that you WILL be bigger and harder this year. Scary!! Once you get over the first two weeks after a long layoff you're going to grow and eat and make daily improvements. Word.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-12-2011, 11:33 PM
ya, you can get there, if you get your head outta your ass and your nose to the grind stone. sorry, someone had to say it. immediately find a new gym for the next month. change your training time. do something to get out of your funk and FEEELLLL better. coffee, sweets, a burger, a ballpean hammer. whatever it takes. that pic above is sick and should be motivation enough to kick yourself in the ding ding and get to work. make this chapter end in jubilation, not what coulda been.

HeavyDutyGuy
01-13-2011, 05:22 AM
GET ON IT dude! 6 months is not that long...... Do it!

axioma
01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
ya, you can get there, if you get your head outta your ass and your nose to the grind stone. sorry, someone had to say it. immediately find a new gym for the next month. change your training time. do something to get out of your funk and FEEELLLL better. coffee, sweets, a burger, a ballpean hammer. whatever it takes. that pic above is sick and should be motivation enough to kick yourself in the ding ding and get to work. make this chapter end in jubilation, not what coulda been.
^^^:hmn:Tough love.....Iz likes it....

Lee Penman
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Wishing you luck in 2011!!!!!

axioma
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Wishing you luck in 2011!!!!!

and you, my friend. Anytime you want to contribute your .02, I am grateful.

axioma
01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Heading to the gym...decide on what to do when I get there. Mapping out strategy, hope to have a framework by end of weekend.

This is my morning rant...I will try not to get too emotional, but really hard not to. I just read about the memorial for Christina Taylor Green. When I heard about the shooting initially, I thought, "...this is crazy.." Then the next day I read about 9 year old Christina...I tried to read it to Xiomara, I couldn't...I just cried.

This little girl was a Champion. She was a more complete human being at 9 than, I daresay, most people will ever be. Brought into this world on 9/11, she was ripped from it in an act as equally senseless and violent.

I am not going to get into who is to blame, or what they should do to the shooter...the media will ride any meaning into oblivion before long. What I am throwing out there is this:
What does this girl mean to us? This girls' life and death should have a profound impact on all of us...not as a political statement from liberals or conservatives, but a challenge! Will our contributions, our passion, our legacy be as great as Christina's? Rest in Peace and thank you...

Hammerfit
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Heading to the gym...decide on what to do when I get there. Mapping out strategy, hope to have a framework by end of weekend.

This is my morning rant...I will try not to get too emotional, but really hard not to. I just read about the memorial for Christina Taylor Green. When I heard about the shooting initially, I thought, "...this is crazy.." Then the next day I read about 9 year old Christina...I tried to read it to Xiomara, I couldn't...I just cried.

This little girl was a Champion. She was a more complete human being at 9 than, I daresay, most people will ever be. Brought into this world on 9/11, she was ripped from it in an act as equally senseless and violent.

I am not going to get into who is to blame, or what they should do to the shooter...the media will ride any meaning into oblivion before long. What I am throwing out there is this:
What does this girl mean to us? This girls' life and death should have a profound impact on all of us...not as a political statement from liberals or conservatives, but a challenge! Will our contributions, our passion, our legacy be as great as Christina's? Rest in Peace and thank you...

I had the same problem, I have an 8 year old daughter. I watched alone several times and had the same effect every time. I got bashed on FB by some liberals when I posted this: "To everyone who is calling for stricter gun laws in light of the tragedy in Tucson, may I offer this little tidbit: If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons made Oprah fat! Remember: Hold the person accountable for their actions, not just the means they chose to utilize!!!"

The truth is I can't walk around 24/7 armed and dangerous protecting all my family, but what I can say it IS my number one priority in life to protect my family and the freedom of this country. If liberals don't like that I feel that way, I will pray for them.

axioma
01-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Like I said, lots of blame. The shooter should have been dealt with in any number of ways before this happened. But that is not the way that WE grow and become better human beings...to learn (which is so hard to do when it is YOUR family) from a tragedy...
That is to focus on the person...the quality of life she lived and her potential...

Hammer, you and I think too much alike. That is why I am not even going to go there...the medieval nature of retribution that men like you and I would unleash upon those who would do this...

I am a trained Montessori educator. Our motto is "follow the child". I think it is fitting in this situation as a lesson on living. Later.

freebirdmac
01-14-2011, 11:40 AM
She's definitely the toughest victim to deal with emotionally. I think everyone teared up when Obama was addressing her specifically. I get that the congresswoman was the target of that young man's paranoia, but to kill a 9 year old??? It's not that much easier to look at the other victims, grandmothers, grandfathers... and wonder how in the heck can one mind get so far beyond reality?

I have no idea what I could personally do to honor her death.

axioma
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't know either...just know that it made a powerful impact on me. I think if you want to...something will present itself. BTW, is that an updated avi? Your bi looks significantly bigger...photoshop? Wow!

axioma
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
another good workout...just hitting everything, 2-3 sets of 20's. 30 minutes cardio. Really focusing on the breathing...haven't used an inhaler in awhile, like to keep it that way if possible.
Chomping at the bit to get on a split again...Monday?

Baldiewonkanobi
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
YouTube - Aerosmith - Back In The Saddle (Live)

Bill

axioma
01-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I haven't posted recently and I realize why: I was very reluctant to go beyond that last post from Baldie.

axioma
01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Last night: Quads
Not focusing on weight, just going to keep sets of 20's for awhile and increase weight to keep pushing 20 on the last set.
Not doing back squats, as lower back is still very "fragile feeling". I know this is AS mental as physical, however I realized that I can focus on other exercises during this preliminary cycle that I sometimes ignore in favor of squats.
10 minute light cardio
Extensions: 5 sets of 20, pyramiding up each set until last set of 170.
Hack Squats: stayed at 2 plates per side: 10, 12, 15, 20. Constant tension, very low, with bottom pause and lockouts on last two reps.
Presses: 4 plates per side x 20, adding a plate until 7 per side x 20 reps.
Abductor: 4 x 20
Stretch
Crunches: on floor w/feet up to keep back flat: 3 x 25.
Nothing spectacular, however this is the way we roll right now.

GirlyMuscle
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Good to have you back, Ax. :hmn:

axioma
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
feels good. thanks.

Mac
01-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Not focusing on weight, just going to keep sets of 20's for awhile and increase weight to keep pushing 20 on the last set.
Not doing back squats, as lower back is still very "fragile feeling". I know this is AS mental as physical, however I realized that I can focus on other exercises during this preliminary cycle that I sometimes ignore in favor of squats.
10 minute light cardio
Extensions: 5 sets of 20, pyramiding up each set until last set of 170.
Hack Squats: stayed at 2 plates per side: 10, 12, 15, 20. Constant tension, very low, with bottom pause and lockouts on last two reps.
Presses: 4 plates per side x 20, adding a plate until 7 per side x 20 reps.
Abductor: 4 x 20
Stretch
Crunches: on floor w/feet up to keep back flat: 3 x 25.
Nothing spectacular, however this is the way we roll right now.

Nice comeback Matt. You will be back on top of the game real soon.

freebirdmac
01-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Ha! Photoshop! No e-stating or pict manipulation allowed here :)

That's still my original avi. Your eyes are playing tricks on you :p

KevinCouch
01-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Glad to see your "back in the saddle again". We ALL need a break from the constant pounding on our bodies I believe. You'll comback stronger and more focused now that you've allowed your body to rest.

axioma
01-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Yesterday Chest and calves:
10 min cardio
Incline Hammer Press: 4 sets of 15 @ 275
Incline dumbbell fly: 4 x 15-13 @ 65
Dips: bodyweight w/different cadences ea. set: 4 x 21-15
Pec machine: 4 x 15 @ 170

One leg standing calf raises: 4 x 20

Good pump! Keeping the upper body movements in the 12-15 rep range. My test is to see how my muscles "fill out" again over the next couple of weeks. If I continue to solidify and regain the tone, then I am on track to go the 10-12 range upper and 12-15 lower in several weeks.

HeavyDutyGuy
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
You getting that look back yet?-- the front lat spread in yourt avatar is really nice. That is your pose..

axioma
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
1/19 Back, Hams

Wide grip pulldowns: (thought about attempting pullups, however don't feel like I am ready. Have had no problems with tendonitis thus far, so I will continue to strengthen the grip and elbows) Used a straight bar, about 5' wide! 4 x 15 @ 202
Seated cable rows: (wide grip to lower chest): 4 x 15 @ 190
Lo Hammer Rows (low to high movement): 90 per side, 4 x 15 (focusing on contraction, hold and negative)
Superset low cable upright rows w/straight arm pulldowns: 3 x 15
Static hold on pullup

(Normally wouldn't do hams w/back, however felt like the back conditioning is needed, so more for back than hams actually)
Lying leg curls: 4 x 20 @ 120
Romanian dumbbell deads: 4 x 20 @ 65's.

(Did seated calf raises...big mistake! The soreness hadn't set in from previous calf workout. By the time I got home I couldn't walk...still can't walk. I am wearing the "old man support hose", lol.)
One leg seated calf raise: (no weight, just pushing down on knee pad, super slow) 4 x 20

Crunches: 4 x 20
Cardio: 30 minutes

KevinCouch
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Glad to see your steppin it up now. I really see really good things for you at the Masters Matt. You've got 6 months and you have the classic mesomorphic body structure with endless potential and round muscle bellies. Not trying to motivate you just speakin the truth!

AnglicanBeachParty
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
You getting that look back yet?-- the front lat spread in yourt avatar is really nice. That is your pose..

Agreed.

axioma
01-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks, hopefully I can get the "feel" back....then the look will follow..lol.

Seriously, it is all about "progressive" resistance...so I am getting the stimulation I need, just need to stay injury free and continue to adapt in anticipation of plateaus.

axioma
01-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I STILL can't walk....I look really stupid getting out of my chair this morning in a business meeting...the fact that my beard is white didn't help, either. Ridiculous.

Took yesterday off...sore all over.

Will hit shoulders, abs, cardio today.

joedemarco
01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I STILL can't walk....I look really stupid getting out of my chair this morning in a business meeting...the fact that my beard is white didn't help, either. Ridiculous.

Yeah, the worse is standing up after you have been sitting down for awhile. My kids and wife make fun of me all the time.

BTW, Kevin hit the nail on the head with his post the other day. You have endless potential so we expect BIG things from you come July! Keep pushing hard!

freebirdmac
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM

So you're saying you looked like a frail old man getting out of that chair? :D

mrky03
01-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Awesome thread, keep it coming! I can't wait to see progress pics!!! Like everyone has said, you do have a classic mesomorphic body!

lollipop23
01-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Matt, hey man, its Kevin. I was just getting caught up on your journal. Man, you got to find your groove again man, all of the support you have here at RX muscle and everyone at home. Having a good physique is awesome but all of the knowledge you have is what can take you to the top. You've worked your ass for what 4 years now in order to complete this chapter in your life. You may never have another chance so don't give up on it now. Plus if I spend my money to come to Pitt to see you, your butt better look good.lol Maybe you should workout with Mike again to get you going or hell call me,ill train with you. You can get it back man.Good Luck

axioma
01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
So you're saying you looked like a frail old man getting out of that chair? :D

Uhh, no, didn't say that, lol. Looked like a "jacked up" old man that had some real mobility issues...nuff said!

axioma
01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Matt, hey man, its Kevin. I was just getting caught up on your journal. Man, you got to find your groove again man, all of the support you have here at RX muscle and everyone at home. Having a good physique is awesome but all of the knowledge you have is what can take you to the top. You've worked your ass for what 4 years now in order to complete this chapter in your life. You may never have another chance so don't give up on it now. Plus if I spend my money to come to Pitt to see you, your butt better look good.lol Maybe you should workout with Mike again to get you going or hell call me,ill train with you. You can get it back man.Good Luck

Nothing like a shout out from a homeboy to get your ass in gear....first post and it is to motivate me! Thanks Kevin. I will take you up on the workout, and Mike and I will hit it again. Almost where I need to be to start upping the weight, two more weeks at the most. Hopefully.

axioma
01-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Friday: Arms shoulders
Was planning to only hit shoulders, however just felt great, so added arms.

Side laterals: 4 x 15 @ 20-25.
Alt front laterals: 3 x 15 @ 30.
Rear delt machine: 3 x 15
Hammer shoulder press: 4 x 15 @ 90

Concentration curls: 4 x 15 @ 25. Different angles ea. set.
Barbell curls: 4 x 15 @ 75 w/different hand spacing ea. set.

Tricep pushdowns: 4 x 15
One arm "pushaways" leaning into a pole. 3 x failure ea. arm.

Biceps got really sore after this one. I hang the arm for two sets, ala Arnold, and brace it against leg for two sets, ala preacher style.

Sat. 45 minutes cardio

Sunday: Off.

axioma
01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
I am always looking for ways to motivate myself. Since I am doing pretty light weight right now, albeit, pushing the reps, I have been watching some of the young MMA guys and copying their pacing. Everything is coming back and, more importantly, I am feeling good. Looking forward to the workout...and that is what I am really working towards right now...batteries are almost "full green" again.

Today: Quads. I will just add some weight to last workout and keep reps. Maybe add lunges.

axioma
01-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Just read all the journal entries from the weekend...lots of activity, that is awesome. I couldn't comment on all of them, however I am impressed and motivated. Fantastic forum folks.

axioma
01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Just got in the SuperPumpMax. Trying it out. Probably won't workout for 1.5hrs, but taking it now so I can get in some protein before workout. Ate Chinese today for lunch, so maybe not the best time to evaluate how the product digests...

Really just looking volumizing and pushing the burn...Let you know.

Mac
01-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Just got in the SuperPumpMax.

Is this one of Gaspari's new products? I liked the original SP250 or whatever it was.

mrky03
01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Great workout! Can't wait to see how you progress in the coming months!

HeavyDutyGuy
01-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Cmon man i want to see you win in Pitt! We are looking at maybe going for the weekend then.

Hammerfit
01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Just got in the SuperPumpMax. Trying it out. Probably won't workout for 1.5hrs, but taking it now so I can get in some protein before workout. Ate Chinese today for lunch, so maybe not the best time to evaluate how the product digests...

Really just looking volumizing and pushing the burn...Let you know.

hmmmm the only carb I got today was 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of rice!

MrAust92
01-24-2011, 10:43 PM
my soon to be ex asked me once, "why do you go to the gym so much?" I simply said because it is the one thing in life I am actually really good at and I control that destiny.

Thats gold.

axioma
01-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Is this one of Gaspari's new products? I liked the original SP250 or whatever it was.

yes, and gaspari usually throws in the kitchen sink on roll out of new products!

I didn't notice anything spectacular...did get a great pump, slight irritability early on...did push the burn a little further...BUT...

Pump I get from various products...irritibility could be due to working out at a different time, people staring and posturing, clone after ufc wannabe tattooed clone...pushing the burn could be just getting used to it...

I will evaluate over the next week.

axioma
01-25-2011, 08:25 AM
15 minute cardio warmup.

Extensions: 5 sets of 20 ending w/190.
Hacks: 15, 18(mis-counted), 20 @ 225.
Leg Presses: 5 sets ending with 2 sets of 20 w/7 plates per side.
Step ups: Reebok step with 9 risers per side. 3 sets x 20 reps per leg.

Awesome pump! Did what I wanted to, just keep pushing that pain envelope with the reps, building that base.

axioma
01-25-2011, 08:27 AM
hmmmm the only carb I got today was 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of rice!

Just "purged"....wish I had just done the oats and rice:yep:

axioma
01-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Thats gold.

Thanks for stopping by...you and your freaky avi...

axioma
01-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Great workout! Can't wait to see how you progress in the coming months!

and yet ANOTHER sick, ripped avi...I get it already....I will bring my abs up to the level of you, Kevin, Mac.....lol

Mac
01-25-2011, 08:33 AM
irritibility could be due to working out at a different time, people staring and posturing

They're probably wondering who is this muscular anomaly amongst them.

axioma
01-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Ha...might just be that I was the only one sporting the magnum PI mustache look!!! Shaved off the chin hair, as it was freaking WHITE. Let me know if you want to sample the spmax.

axioma
01-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I just realized that I have had this thread over a year now! Thanks everyone.

mrky03
01-25-2011, 04:46 PM
and yet ANOTHER sick, ripped avi...I get it already....I will bring my abs up to the level of you, Kevin, Mac.....lol

Hey, you guys inspire the hel outta me! I've been training like a madman since I joined this board!

axioma
01-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Lower back is sore! Real low...the "tweak" area, probably arched a little on last couple of reps of bench. Also sore from the high rep leg presses.

Last night: Chest
Pec dec: 7 sets of 10 to preexhaust.
Incline bench: 215 x 15-12 x 4
Incline fly: 65,75 x 15-12 x 4
Dips: bodyweight: 20,20,15,15
I have lost a lot of pressing strength. Decided to preexhaust to offset the psychological aspect of being weaker. Great pump, just feel lax in the shoulders and tricep lockout.

axioma
01-26-2011, 09:34 AM
also taking awhile to get used to the new gym. the incline benches are steeper and the plates feel 1-2lbs heavier than old gym. All steel plates and dumbbells, as old gym are rubber covered.

Hammerfit
01-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Ha...might just be that I was the only one sporting the magnum PI mustache look!!! Shaved off the chin hair, as it was freaking WHITE. Let me know if you want to sample the spmax.

and whats wrong w a white beard???!!!!!:mad:

axioma
01-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Thinking about doing it all white for pitt..."uhhh, he in the 40's...wow....hard life...but looks good...yea, yea" work the sympathy vote...worked for the guy with the torn quad, pec....gut.....ouch!

KevinCouch
01-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Thinking about doing it all white for pitt..."uhhh, he in the 40's...wow....hard life...but looks good...yea, yea" work the sympathy vote...worked for the guy with the torn quad, pec....gut.....ouch!

Don't feel bad, I'm a year or two younger than you and my hair has turned from brown to a lighter shade of gray in this past year. My wife keeps telling me "it doesn't look gray it just looks highlighted and it makes me look distinguished":drool: Facial hair...all gray! But from the neck down, damn we look good!!!

Hammerfit
01-26-2011, 10:17 AM

I got the white racing stripe going on the chin now:)

axioma
01-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Oh, this could get really weird come July...

gman
01-26-2011, 03:30 PM
All grey with a black stripe down the center, a skunk look! No one would ever forget you

mrky03
01-26-2011, 05:01 PM
I gave up on facial hair! I look like a skinny Santa! lol

HeavyDutyGuy
01-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Facial hair, head hair- its all gone to hell... Where is Baldie when we need him?

Mac
01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Facial hair, head hair- its all gone to hell... Where is Baldie when we need him?

He posted earlier today, so he is slowly working his way back.

axioma
01-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Geez, come back this a.m. and my thread has gone to hell, lol!

Last night: Back
Went a little overboard with back. Kept to higher reps, but felt some nagging old injuries flair up (left shoulder, which I never dealt with...lower back...) and it just pissed me off. Also, used the SuperPump Max again and definately got into the "slightly stoned concentration zone"...awesome pump again...so?
Kept a very fast pace, just kept moving from one thing to another...

Underhand pulldowns: 3 x 15 x 190-210
Behind head pulldowns-wide: 3 x 15 x 120
Close grip seated rows: 3 x 15 x 190-210
Hammer Lo rows, single arm: 3 x 15 x 90 (squeezing hard)

Iso-lateral pulldown machine: pinned 150 and just pulled for the entire "Poker face" song. Towards end I was just moving the weight about 3" at the top. Immediately went to:
Medley with bar only: 50 bar rows, squeezing slowly, 50 wide grip upright rows, 50 standing presses and did it again...U2 Magnificent...finished with:

Back extensions, bodyweight only: Moved for the whole song: Du Hast. Done.

axioma
01-27-2011, 08:43 AM
My lower back is fried. I won't know about rest of back till tomorrow. Chest sore...quads still sore...

KevinCouch
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
My lower back is fried. I won't know about rest of back till tomorrow. Chest sore...quads still sore...

My guess would be the 5 minute non-stop back extensions did your lower back in. Matt, you're gettin your motivation "back." Good!

Hammerfit
01-27-2011, 09:39 AM

get some rest bud, you've been gettin after it! I feel like Ive been run over by a mac truck! thank God it's rest day!

axioma
01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
My guess would be the 5 minute non-stop back extensions did your lower back in. Matt, you're gettin your motivation "back." Good!
Well....since you put it that way....yea, ok, a "little" crazy...I think I had my eyes closed...off in "orgasmic workout neverneverland" ...and I realized I had spit coming out of my mouth....I was drooling....people stared...

TMI...I know.

joedemarco
01-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Glad to see you hitting it hard again, Matt!

axioma
01-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Last night: Hams, shoulders
Single leg lying leg curls: 3 x 20 x 50-70
romanian deads w/dumbbells: 3 x 20 x 65-75lbs.
Left it at that, lower back felt compromised.

Standing dumbbell laterals: 3 x 15 x 20-30lbs.
Hammer iso-shoulder press: facing pad: 3 x 15 x 2 plates side
back to pad: 4 x 15-12 x 2 plates
Rack pulls: 3 x 15 x 315

axioma
01-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Used the SuperPump Max last night. Actually took it about 3 and worked out about 5. Got a pump, however having trouble sleeping. I don't think I can take preworkout powders w/stims after lunch.

axioma
01-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Today: Arms
Concentration curls: 3 x 15 hanging arm, 3 x 12 braced arm x 25lbs.
Kickbacks: 3 x 15 x 25lbs.
Low cable curls: 3 x 15
Wide grip pushdowns: 3 x 15
Dumbbell Hammer curls: one arm braced: 3 x 12 x 30
Low Cable one arm overhead extensions: 3 x 15 w/static hold last set
Alt. Dumbbell curls: 40 x 15 x 3 w/drop on last set.

Great pump! Noticing old injuries though: the left shoulder (never fixed), the left elbow...the right knee...

Took a different pre-workout...I will post on supplementation thread.

axioma
01-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Ok, a little rant while I wait for next client....

Challenger Tragedy: Country Still Mourns

I'm not. Actually, I wouldn't have even thought of it if the media hadn't decided to pump a slow news cycle by recycling it. Don't get me wrong, it was a tragedy...I was stationed in Fort Carson and saw it happen live in the HQ.

Question: Do we need to have a "LEST WE FORGET?" attitude about EVERYTHING? Sometimes the past is just that...the past. Now if you want to talk about whether NASA is worth a crapping tax payer cent...that is another discussion.

Double Standard: Went to take a leak at the gym. There is a lady cleaning. Guys getting out of shower...blah, blah...only time she can clean....whatever. Question: The management had no problem with having a woman clean lockerroom with guys present. I asked if they would hire a guy to clean the womens lockerroom with gals present? Oh HELL no! This is not the only time. I was at old gym. Went into to shower/change, told woman that she might want to come back later..."Oh no, you go ahead...I won't look..heheheh". I gave her plenty to, heheheh, look at and she did, believe me. So what gives? Why no tit for tat...quid pro quo?

Hammerfit
01-28-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm not. Actually, I wouldn't have even thought of it if the media hadn't decided to pump a slow news cycle by recycling it. Don't get me wrong, it was a tragedy...I was stationed in Fort Carson and saw it happen live in the HQ.

Question: Do we need to have a "LEST WE FORGET?" attitude about EVERYTHING? Sometimes the past is just that...the past. Now if you want to talk about whether NASA is worth a crapping tax payer cent...that is another discussion.

Double Standard: Went to take a leak at the gym. There is a lady cleaning. Guys getting out of shower...blah, blah...only time she can clean....whatever. Question: The management had no problem with having a woman clean lockerroom with guys present. I asked if they would hire a guy to clean the womens lockerroom with gals present? Oh HELL no! This is not the only time. I was at old gym. Went into to shower/change, told woman that she might want to come back later..."Oh no, you go ahead...I won't look..heheheh". I gave her plenty to, heheheh, look at and she did, believe me. So what gives? Why no tit for tat...quid pro quo?

We live in a dbl std world

axioma
01-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Today: Cardio and abs,calves

Nothing crazy, 30 minutes with a good sweat. crunches and hanging leg raises.
One leg standing calf raises: 4 x 20 w/bodyweight.

mrky03
01-30-2011, 03:43 PM

I hear ya, drives me crazy too! I just want to get in and out of the gym without the drama! People are too uptight these days! lol

mrky03
01-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Glad to see you posting your workouts, keep it coming! Injurys do suck, it seems like that is a common thread among most of us here.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
LOL- give the cleaning a sneak peak of July.........lol

axioma
02-01-2011, 02:41 PM
trying to post a pic here.

AnglicanBeachParty
02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
So what gives? Why no tit for tat...quid pro quo?

I see what you did there.

axioma
02-02-2011, 09:10 AM
I am liking the preexhaust method, it allows me to use intensity without risk of injury, especially on bench, etc.
Flat Bench Fly: 4 sets of 12-21 reps w/75lbs.
Hammer Incline: 4 sets of 12-15 w/225. Different cadences and ranges ea. set.
X overs: 5 sets of 15. Different angles, start low and moved up.

Tremendous pump. Decided to punish myself for missing Monday Legs. I decided to use some movements for cardio...kind of a 300 rep deal, only I did more.

Squats w/bar only: Squatted for 4 1/2 minutes with only brief pauses to change foot positions. Every rep was to the floor. This was needed to reboot my mental focus for the squat. Get over the back and make the form flawless. Thighs were ridiculous. 200ish on reps.
Dips: bodyweight reps for 3 minutes, changing hand spacing and angle.
Close grip pull ups: 40 reps (w/pauses and resets, lol) then Close Grip Pull downs: 150lbs x ????
Leg raises: 100 reps total.

Cardio: 30 minutes. HR was already 158 when I started, so it was a 30 minute cooldown, finishing in the 135 range, still moving at a brisk pace and level.

Mac
02-02-2011, 09:24 AM
200 reps for squats? You're not sane.

I fuckin' love it.

Hammerfit
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
:yep:
I am liking the preexhaust method, it allows me to use intensity without risk of injury, especially on bench, etc.

Tremendous pump. Decided to punish myself for missing Monday Legs. I decided to use some movements for cardio...kind of a 300 rep deal, only I did more.

Squats w/bar only: Squatted for 4 1/2 minutes with only brief pauses to change foot positions. Every rep was to the floor. This was needed to reboot my mental focus for the squat. Get over the back and make the form flawless. Thighs were ridiculous. 200ish on reps.
Close grip pull ups: 40 reps (w/pauses and resets, lol) then Close Grip Pull downs: 150lbs x ????

Cardio: 30 minutes. HR was already 158 when I started, so it was a 30 minute cooldown, finishing in the 135 range, still moving at a brisk pace and level.

KevinCouch
02-02-2011, 11:09 AM

OK Matt that gets a rep from me! You're entering the ZONE again.:hmn:

axioma
02-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks, guys. The chest is TORCHED! Everything else feels alive!

Oh, postscript to above: Calves
20 steps up to cardio deck.
7 steps x 10 reps, very slow w/stretch
7 steps x 10 reps, single leg
6 steps x 21's (both feet)
walked down and back up on tip toes, really crunching the muscle...

joedemarco
02-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Some crazy stuff, Matt! You know I like it!

HeavyDutyGuy
02-02-2011, 04:33 PM
and the overweight guy who beat me becuase he had a heart attack in the recent past..

axioma
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Maxpower, just checked out your profile pic....you are jacked! You have that "going to Pitt" look. Cant converse with you as you have not posted, however will say welcome and post sometime.

axioma
02-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Wide grip pulldowns:
5 x 12 (includes warm-ups) Never went over 190lbs. I don't how you guys can pull the stack! I just feel it in my abs and hip flexors when I try to pull DOWN something that weighs 120lbs. more than me. Just weak I guess.

Hammer back machines:
Used iso DY machine, iso low row and hi pull reverse grip. Never went over 2 1/4 plates per side. Kept reps in 15 range, really squeezing and moving the scapula. 10 sets between the three machines.

Smith rows: 225 x 15 x 3
Straight arm pulldowns: 3 sets of 15-12
One arm dumbbell rows: 120 x 10 x 3

lats were getting sore from the day before...so this was annihilation of the outer lat. next back workout will focus on inner/mid back. traps are not ready yet, clavicles are sore from chest.

weight a.m.: 222. Still fat, but glutes are feathered, seeing delt seperation...still fat though.

Hammerfit
02-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Wide grip pulldowns:
5 x 12 (includes warm-ups) Never went over 190lbs. I don't how you guys can pull the stack! I just feel it in my abs and hip flexors when I try to pull DOWN something that weighs 120lbs. more than me. Just weak I guess.

Hammer back machines:
Used iso DY machine, iso low row and hi pull reverse grip. Never went over 2 1/4 plates per side. Kept reps in 15 range, really squeezing and moving the scapula. 10 sets between the three machines.

Smith rows: 225 x 15 x 3
Straight arm pulldowns: 3 sets of 15-12
One arm dumbbell rows: 120 x 10 x 3

lats were getting sore from the day before...so this was annihilation of the outer lat. next back workout will focus on inner/mid back. traps are not ready yet, clavicles are sore from chest.

weight a.m.: 222. Still fat, but glutes are feathered, seeing delt seperation...still fat though.

Still fat, but glutes are feathered, seeing delt seperation...still fat though
Bro, you need to see a shrink! Nobody is fat that has feathered glutes!

KevinCouch
02-03-2011, 12:37 PM

Alright maybe not fat but I know what Matt's saying. I've got feathered glutes and triceps but I'm nowhere near the condition (18-20 pounds away) that I need to be. Some guys can be lean (not shredded) and have glutes and some guys can be totally shredded and STILL not have them. Personally my lower back fat is the last thing that goes for me. I got your back Matt, you're NOT insane...a little off maybe.:confused:

Mac
02-03-2011, 12:40 PM
you're NOT insane...a little off maybe.:confused:

Off, that describes it best! But in a good way.

Not many people actually love the experience of being raided by pirates.

axioma
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Off, that describes it best! But in a good way.

Not many people actually love the experience of being raided by pirates.

didn't LOVE it.....just felt tingly...

axioma
02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Haven't posted, but I have been hitting it. Had a great arm workout and cardio sessions over the weekend.
Didn't go overboard with Superbowl, just ate too many wings and had kept flame extinguisher close by the next day, lol.

Last night: Quads, calves

Extensions: 5 sets of 20 reps, WS 180
Leg Presses: 4 sets of 12-10 reps, WS 24 plates total

Hack Squats: 4 sets of 15 reps, WS 8 plates total (paused at the bottom last three reps for 3 count and exploded through heels, no lock at top)

Angles Squat machine: 1 set (used as a drop set after hacks) of 30 reps x 200lbs. (constant tension, pulsing from the bottom).

Calf presses on ^^ machine: 3 sets of 20-15 @ 200lbs.

axioma
02-08-2011, 08:33 AM

Like Kevin said, just happen to stay thinner in those areas, however major accumulation in obliques and QL area. However, it is major that I have kept thigh seperation, I attribute that to paying attention to AI consistently.

Hammerfit
02-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Like Kevin said, just happen to stay thinner in those areas, however major accumulation in obliques and QL area. However, it is major that I have kept thigh seperation, I attribute that to paying attention to AI consistently.

Yep, I hear ya, mine is arms and back, looks like Im always on, very vascular year round. Same boat with obliques, I store just about all my bf there and glutes. My ass is hugh from heavy squats all off season, I'm just jealous:)

axioma
02-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Got this word related to T3/T4 ratio to GH:

Keep a 1:4 ration T3/T4. If you are taking in 4iu GH, then 25mcg T3/100mcg T4. If you double GH (8iu), then double the T ratio: 50mcg T3/ 200mcg T4.

I am not posting this in the AAS section, as the thread leaders want only clinically supported scientific research data. I don't have the time. This came from "on high", so I will take it to heart.

Thought this might interest some of you.

KevinCouch
02-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Matt,
I took a look at the Evan video on md. I completely agree with his instinctive philosophy on his training, diet, cardio during precontest training. He listens to his body and adds/subtracts calories and his training as he feels he needs and doesn't stick to a mapped out program or diet. Looks like it's working for him he looks in great shape. Hope he brings it to the stage. Great post....

He kinda reminds of a new and improved Mike Matarazzo....

Mac
02-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Matt,
I took a look at the Evan video on md. I completely agree with his instinctive philosophy on his training, diet, cardio during precontest training. He listens to his body and adds/subtracts calories and his training as he feels he needs and doesn't stick to a mapped out program or diet. Looks like it's working for him he looks in great shape. Hope he brings it to the stage. Great post....

Great advice.

axioma
02-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Legs are torched! Really difficult to walk. I can't imagine if I did a workout that was up to the standards of you guys, but hey, it is getting the job done.

Incline Smith: Went with a steeper angle.
4 sets of 10-12, last set 315
Incline fly: less angle.
4 sets of 15 w/65lbs.
Flat Machine Press: Hands at 45 degrees.
3 sets of 15 w/260lbs.
Free motion machine X overs:
6 sets of 15 from low to high angle.

a.m. weight: 224.6

KevinCouch
02-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Legs are torched! Really difficult to walk. I can't imagine if I did a workout that was up to the standards of you guys, but hey, it is getting the job done.

Incline Smith: Went with a steeper angle.
4 sets of 10-12, last set 315
Incline fly: less angle.
4 sets of 15 w/65lbs.
Flat Machine Press: Hands at 45 degrees.
3 sets of 15 w/260lbs.
Free motion machine X overs:
6 sets of 15 from low to high angle.

a.m. weight: 224.6

Looks good Matt. Keep steppin it up. BTW, saw a few shots of you in the USAmuscle pump up room video they're selling. You're in I believe part 3. Look really good!

axioma
02-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks, Kevin. Glad you noticed. I know people check out the thread, I just don't get the questions and feedback that you, Mac, Hammer and Joe get. I guess I am not accessible or something...B.O. Who knows? That's ok, I will just keep hammering it....

Pleased with the response from the body...Just recently started HRT, so it has to be memory mixed in with desire? Got back tonight...should be interesting, can't bend over the glutes are sooo sore...gotta love this chit.

KevinCouch
02-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks, Kevin. Glad you noticed. I know people check out the thread, I just don't get the questions and feedback that you, Mac, Hammer and Joe get. I guess I am not accessible or something...B.O. Who knows? That's ok, I will just keep hammering it....

Pleased with the response from the body...Just recently started HRT, so it has to be memory mixed in with desire? Got back tonight...should be interesting, can't bend over the glutes are sooo sore...gotta love this chit.

Yea keep riding the muscle memory and low supplementation as long as you can and don't plateau. Looks like you've kept most of your size if your still holding 225 and now growing again. Feel the love......

Mac
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I just don't get the questions and feedback that you, Mac, Hammer and Joe get.

We have almost equals number of posts and started the same month, but you have more views, so your assumptions FAIL!

axioma
02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Today is Xiomara and my anniversary. Not of our wedding day, we don't even know what day that was for sure as we had a ceremony in Honduras and another here...my folks thought we were living in sin as Honduran law was suspect, lol.

No, this anniversary is commemorating our first date...which also happens to be the day we first met.

February 9, 2002. I took her to St.George's Episcopal Church's annual oyster roast. We have been together ever since. I was blessed that day, for not only did I find my soulmate...I also got Heather...became a family. Thank you.

axioma
02-09-2011, 03:54 PM
We have almost equals number of posts and started the same month, but you have more views, so your assumptions FAIL!

:dunno:

Mac
02-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Happy Anniversary.

joedemarco
02-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Glad training is going well and your body is responding!

Happy "First date" Anniversary!

KevinCouch
02-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Happy Anniversary Matt!

Hammerfit
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Today is Xiomara and my anniversary. Not of our wedding day, we don't even know what day that was for sure as we had a ceremony in Honduras and another here...my folks thought we were living in sin as Honduran law was suspect, lol.

No, this anniversary is commemorating our first date...which also happens to be the day we first met.

February 9, 2002. I took her to St.George's Episcopal Church's annual oyster roast. We have been together ever since. I was blessed that day, for not only did I find my soulmate...I also got Heather...became a family. Thank you.

Very cool, congrats, our wedding anniversary is the 15th......we are going to train together to celebrate and I'll get the guys up front to announce it over the intercom, now tell me Im not romantic lol

Marijan Lipsinic
02-09-2011, 09:36 PM

Very nice!
Congratulations!

axioma
02-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Wide grip pullups: 4 x 12-10 bodyweight only
Seated close grip row: 4 x 15 @ 190-230
Superset: dumbbell pullovers w/ straight arm pulldowns: 3 x 15
Seated overhand wide grip rows to chest: 3 x 12 @ 170
Seated iso-lateral pulldowns: 3 x 15 x 200 (slow w/squeeze at contraction)
Rear delt machine: 4 x 15
Hanging leg raises: 3 x 20-15 (slow, legs straight, hold the right angle for 2 count)

Awesome pump! Really happy that I was able to do strict, clean pullups at this bodyweight w/out shoulder pain and elbow pain. I am wrecked today! We were the pumped up, happy love-birds last night...we both just get stupid when we work out!

axioma
02-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Z noticed that the left side of my middle back was more developed, or at least pumped, that the other side. Didn't feel like a pulled muscle, so I am thinking an imbalance in legs/hips that is causing stress factors in that area? I wear orthotics, however they didn't look at relative femur length, hip girdle, nothing...just took mold of my feet. What if I need a shim? Joe, if you have any input here...a good sports related P.T. to measure and assess? Chiros around here are of the 20 min. in and out variety, nothing cutting edge.

joedemarco
02-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Z noticed that the left side of my middle back was more developed, or at least pumped, that the other side. Didn't feel like a pulled muscle, so I am thinking an imbalance in legs/hips that is causing stress factors in that area? I wear orthotics, however they didn't look at relative femur length, hip girdle, nothing...just took mold of my feet. What if I need a shim? Joe, if you have any input here...a good sports related P.T. to measure and assess? Chiros around here are of the 20 min. in and out variety, nothing cutting edge.

Matt, I answered this question in the Injury Q&A thread.

axioma
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks Joe.

axioma
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
I think I will take tonight off. I am sore in every group I have worked. I don't think I could give shoulders and hams 100% tonight, so I will hit them extra hard tomorrow.

Mac
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I think I will take tonight off. I am sore in every group I have worked. I don't think I could give shoulders and hams 100% tonight, so I will hit them extra hard tomorrow.

The Axioma Instinctive Principle!

Regroup and hit them hard tomorrow.

mrky03
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Matt,
Great workouts, you are a monster in the gym! Sounds like you're well on your way. Do you train a fast pace normally or just go by how you feel on a given day?

axioma
02-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I always try to keep a fast pace. I don't hold a stop watch, sometimes on early sets, 30 seconds or a minute. But after a really intense extended set (drops, rest pauses....lady gaga...more reps), then I might lay on the floor for a couple of minutes and then regroup.

If I don't feel like I can muster it...then I start looking at what I am doing or what I am taking. Some PED's can really kill your cardiovascular threshold...and I don't care of I can squat 500lbs. if I get winded breaking wind, lol.

Don't get me wrong...I DO NOT look like a P90Xer or something...just focused, determined and purposeful. Thanks for the question!

mrky03
02-11-2011, 05:33 AM
I always try to keep a fast pace. I don't hold a stop watch, sometimes on early sets, 30 seconds or a minute. But after a really intense extended set (drops, rest pauses....lady gaga...more reps), then I might lay on the floor for a couple of minutes and then regroup.

If I don't feel like I can muster it...then I start looking at what I am doing or what I am taking. Some PED's can really kill your cardiovascular threshold...and I don't care of I can squat 500lbs. if I get winded breaking wind, lol.

Don't get me wrong...I DO NOT look like a P90Xer or something...just focused, determined and purposeful. Thanks for the question!

Thanks for the answer! I'm in the process of reinventing my training this year. Converting to more traditional bb'ing workouts as opposed to low volume Max OT style training and just getting a feel for what you are doing. LOOKS LIKE ITS WORKED WELL!

axioma
02-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Dude, your avi is just plain sick! Something out of an gladiator flick....if I am contributing to you....I am flattered! YOU keep doing what you are doing!

Mac
02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Just my way of saying thanks : Free shirt !

axioma
02-11-2011, 10:34 AM
^^^Awesome!

We have a line of Healthy Chocolate. Everyone who orders will get samples...and a t-shirt!

axioma
02-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Not a good Monday....
1. Someone hacked into our facebook feed....
2. Notice of taxes owed from 07....
3. A "buddy" is giving morons my cell number...they call and waste my time..."Yo, see here, my titties getting fat yo, need some estrogen blocking or something...what you got?" and they procede to tell me their Hoodie Rat background. I take time, explain products....then they ask..."OK, see....now, I don't have any money right now....see my baby's momma is trying to...."
4. Someone (works for Pepsi) has been stealing money from my vending machines...did a sales vs. vends printout....$500 over the past 5 weeks. I know that doesn't seem like much....but I am the type who would cut off someone's hand for stealing a dollar from me...it is about the STEALING!

Mondays....

axioma
02-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Friday: Hams, shoulders
Back is still very weak link. Didn't feel the hams as I was babying back. Really in pain all weekend.
Leg Curls: 4 sets of 12
Stiff leg deadlifts: 4 sets of 15, last set w/275.
One leg stiff leg deads: 3 sets of 15.

I gotta finish this later....really not in a good place right this minute...gotta step out.

Mac
02-14-2011, 10:02 AM
1. Someone hacked into our facebook feed....

How did they do that?

axioma
02-14-2011, 10:32 AM
We are working on it...post looked legit, we actually thought it was one of us! However, someone could just be testing the water, see how long they could do it. Hearing of lots of facebook accounts getting hacked lately.

Hammerfit
02-14-2011, 11:01 AM
We are working on it...post looked legit, we actually thought it was one of us! However, someone could just be testing the water, see how long they could do it. Hearing of lots of facebook accounts getting hacked lately.

I have heard that too...my rule is I don't post anything on FB that I don't want shared? I hear what you saying though, we post hopefully, helpful tips as a generalization and then we get tons of request back for specific training and nutritional help Some I answer some I dont Get alot of it from other countries

My feeling after doing it for over a year, FB is a waste of time for advertising for business. It's about a 1% closure ratio for me. Maybe if I bought the ads it would be more, I just can't justify it.

Mac
02-14-2011, 11:28 AM

They are only getting hacked because people are being duped via phishing to enter the user name and password in URL that is not really FaceBook.

Or they are getting a keylogger installed by clicking on a bogus link supplied in a friend's post.

If you see a friend that posts something very suspicious of their character, like one that says, ' I made a million dollars browsing the internet ', don't click on it, if you use Windows.

axioma
02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys.

freebirdmac
02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
A friend's account was hijacked last week. And I got a message from "her" referring me to a weight loss website that really worked for "her". At first I thought wtf?? Me, weight loss... then I realized the message couldn't have been from her :p

Mac
02-14-2011, 01:01 PM
A friend's account was hijacked last week. And I got a message from "her" referring me to a weight loss website that really worked for "her". At first I thought wtf?? Me, weight loss... then I realized the message couldn't have been from her :p

This is exactly what I am referring to.

And she probably got a message that a friend sent her something special and required her to give the 'application' permission to access her account.

They then type in their password, it was harvested by the fake site and it was used to send more phishing spam via their friends list.

Hammerfit
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
everything looks ok from here

Mac
02-16-2011, 10:03 AM
That will teach you to fuck with my kneecaps! I'll show you.

Glad your back.

axioma
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow, major ego adjustment....expecting to see the "Free Ax" signs and lots of hand wringing and tearing of garments.....nothing....ok...humility injection complete.

Still won't be posting a great deal: back is really screwed. Heading to doc today, I'm trying to stay positive, but I can't bend over to wash my face...excruciating.

Seriously, thanks for the pm's and emails.

axioma
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
That will teach you to fuck with my kneecaps! I'll show you.

Glad your back.

Dave asked me what was up...I explained....I'm back, nuff said.

Mac
02-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Wow, major ego adjustment....expecting to see the "Free Ax" signs and lots of hand wringing and tearing of garments.....nothing....ok...humility injection complete.

Still won't be posting a great deal: back is really screwed. Heading to doc today, I'm trying to stay positive, but I can't bend over to wash my face...excruciating.

Seriously, thanks for the pm's and emails.

I never saw you were banned. It didn't appear in your profile when I looked.

Good luck with your back. Keep us posted.

KevinCouch
02-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Glad you've decided to stay Matt! Hope your back heals quickly...

axioma
02-16-2011, 10:23 AM

Exactly, no official administrative action was taking, I was just blocked from accessing forums and posting. All good. I really hope the back is salvageable.

HeavyDutyGuy
02-16-2011, 11:51 AM

Ditto. Glad to see you posting.

KyMuscle
02-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Ok, whatever the drama was that led to your ban or whatever, I completely missed it.

I'd have done some hand-wringing and posted "Free Ax" signs if I'd known.

Always enjoy your contributions. Glad that the situation (whatever it was) is resolved.

freebirdmac
02-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Hope your back feel worse than it really is. Sometimes these things do clear up in a week or so. Maybe this is one of those times.

Oh, and glad your back and sticking around :)

Mac
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Hope your back feel worse than it really is. Sometimes these things do clear up in a week or so. )

I read that first sentence and thought WTF! LOL

freebirdmac
02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I read that first sentence and thought WTF! LOL

I guess I could have worded that just a bit better :rolleyes:

axioma
02-16-2011, 02:16 PM
I guess I could have worded that just a bit better :rolleyes:

Yessss, I ignored that. You know, I was going to PM you with a request, but after that Freudian slip....I don't know, lol. Thanks, heading to doc now...

axioma
02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
I FINALLY found a chiro who knows his stuff! At least I don't have to go to Boston for an adjustment! My guy took 15 minutes moving and examining me before attempting and adjustment.
Psoas left side tight causing a forward shift on that side
Hams on left side tight contributing to lateral shift, along with perisformis
Sacrum shifted
Got some really good adjustments...I will stay out of gym...sorry Baldie, I know you would be doing inverted presses, lol.
I am going to get back to my stretching and such.

axioma
02-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Sore from adjustment, however I will do a back workout, keeping torso braced as much as possible.

Hammerfit
02-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Sore from adjustment, however I will do a back workout, keeping torso braced as much as possible.

speedy recovery my friend take it slow:yep:

axioma
02-17-2011, 09:44 AM
What? so you can come down from the 50+ and kick my ass? I just looked at Kev's wheels....dammit!

Mac
02-17-2011, 09:48 AM
What? so you can come down from the 50+ and kick my ass? I just looked at Kev's wheels....dammit!

When I saw Kevin's wheels, I didn't know if I should just give up or get my butt back in the gym and hit mine harder.

I choose the later.

Hammerfit
02-17-2011, 10:10 AM
When I saw Kevin's wheels, I didn't know if I should just give up or get my butt back in the gym and hit mine harder.

I choose the later.

yep truly motivational

Hammerfit
02-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Ha, I got my hands full without messin with you kids!