PDA

View Full Version : RVD Talks About Returning to WWE & January 4th (Interview)

ROTFLMAO
01-20-2010, 05:32 PM
RVD Talks About Returning to WWE & January 4th (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Jan 20, 2010 - 4:06:38 PM

Former WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam appeared on the "Busted Open" Sirius satellite radio show this week and spoke about whether he'd be willing to return to World Wrestling Entertainment.

"If the conditions were right, then the conditions would be right. I can tell you for sure that I have no interest in returning to a full-time schedule like I did before. That's not going to happen."

RVD told the hosts that the WWE vs. TNA battle on January 4th was the first time in while that he had watched wrestling. He says Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart felt special, but the feeling didn't last long.

"That was the first wrestling that I watched in the longest time, and it's also the last wrestling I watched. I flipped back and forth with skepticism," RVD said. "There was optimism. There was hope. The whole thing with Hogan and the change. It was a nice moment. I liked seeing Bret. I was comparing and about 45 minutes into it I felt like I was just watching wrestling and I lost interest."

TheCutMan
01-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Very smart guy. He is one of the few guys that understood there is a life outside and after the wrestling world. RVD didn't ruin his health for Vince McMahon to enjoy another 5 minutes of glory.
He had a great career and is still wrestling in independent promotions. Fans still love him and always will. He doesn't need Vinnie Mac.

ROTFLMAO
01-28-2010, 08:21 PM
RVD Knows TNA Wants Him, Talks About His Future (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Jan 28, 2010 - 5:45:40 PM

Rob Van Dam knows TNA wants a piece of him and said once again the "ridiculous never-ending" WWE schedule will play a factor in which company he decides will wrestle for.

Van Dam told Alex Marvez of Scrippsnews.com

"I do have some interest right now in what's going on with the big companies. I know (Hulk) Hogan would like to have me. Eventually, (TNA) may start to wear me down and my 'no thanks' will become 'well, maybe.' I have some interest, but I don't know what's going to happen. I don't see myself going back to the full-time, ridiculous never-ending WWE schedule. I couldn't wait to get away from it before."

Aside from the brutal WWE schedule, Van Dam still has sour grapes about how WWE handled the "new" ECW:

"WWE destroyed that and made it very symbolic. They wanted everyone to know ECW was dead and this new group happened to be called ECW. That was the last cycle of frustration for me."

TPT
01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
rvd to tna!

TPT
01-28-2010, 10:18 PM
wolfgang needs to be repped for killing this forum. i gotta spread the reps.

this dude brings the info!

ROTFLMAO
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
RVD Talks About How He'd Improve Pro Wrestling & Talks WWE-TNA (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Jan 29, 2010 - 10:19:24 AM

Former WWE & ECW Champion Rob Van Dam was interviewed by FanHouse.com to promote this weekend's WrestleReunion event in Los Angeles. Some highlights:

How to "Spice Up" Today's Wrestling: "I would say bring back the day of the jobber. When I was a fan, when I was younger, wrestlers were larger than life because I would watch them totally annihilate some local scrub, some guy that was in the ring, I didn't know who the jobber was. We called those enhancement matches and they hardly ever do them anymore. That to me was how you build the wrestler, and when I found out two of these superstars would be battling each other, whether it was near me at a live show or when it was on Saturday Night's Main Event, that was huge and it drew great interest and enthusiasm because I got to see these two big wrestlers who I've seen just destroy everybody actually face each other."

Van Dam feels that the Monday night wars forced both companies to abandon jobbers and always put on marquee matches, but looking back, it's hurt the companies' abilities to build stars and the overall product:

"Ever since Monday Night Wars, every single match from the bottom to the top of the card seems like it has to be main-event quality -- superstar vs. superstar, superstar vs. superstar -- and then you gotta find a political way to go into the finish, you know, to try to deck one guy while doing what you want with the other. It's a bunch of bulls**t I think. You know, I really think that the enhancement matches were what brought everybody into WWE in the '90s."

Returning to WWE or Going to TNA: "I mean, it's possible that I could be interested in either TNA or WWE if it was the right amount of work vs. pay ratio. That's basically what it is, and I haven't had that deep of conversations with anyone yet, really. So I don't know if it's out there or not, since I haven't been the active one out there pursuing, you know, the information comes to me as it comes when they're reaching out to me."

ROTFLMAO
02-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Rob Van Dam Returns to the Ring with a New Entrance, WWE Royal Rumble Note
By Marc Middleton
Jan 31, 2010 - 10:37:35 AM

- WWE Champion Sheamus and the winner of the WWE Women's Title match between Michelle McCool and Mickie James at tonight's Royal Rumble will be joining WWE's website during the pay-per-view for a live fan chat.

- Rob Van Dam returned to the ring last night at a PWG show in Los Angeles. Van Dam defeated Roderick Strong and Chris Hero in a three-way match. Van Dam had a live band who performed a song about him as his entrance.

ROTFLMAO
02-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Rob Van Dam Talks About Cheech & Chong Hosting RAW, TNA Changes and His Return
By Marc Middleton
Jan 31, 2010 - 1:40:05 PM

- About.com recently conducted an interview with Rob Van Dam to promote this weekend's WrestleReunion event. Here are some highlights:

RVD on returning to TV: That I don't know. I guess as soon as and if a deal is worked out between myself and a wrestling company that is on television. I don't have any hidden information to offer right now. No deals have been made. But I am feeling more ready than I have been in the last three, actually more ready than in the past five years to actually consider enjoying wrestling again.

RVD on the new TNA: I actually am very much more interested since they've been there. I think that they've shook the wrestling world up and made it interesting again. The Monday night, January 4, airing of TNA up against WWE was by far their highest rated show and was the highest rated Monday night in a long time. All wrestling fans were tuned in flipping back and forth and that was very interesting because for a very long time there hasn't been much to be excited about. There is always something better on the television in the Van Dam household than wrestling and that's been that way for the longest time. But I tuned into wrestling. I felt the optimism as Hulk Hogan talked about changes being made. And I appreciate what TNA is doing trying to make a lot of noise that a lot of people will hear. I know that it is not a short-term plan but they plan on continuing to make noise. So we'll see what happens. We'll see if I fall into that or not.

RVD on Cheech & Chong hosting RAW: I'm a fan of Cheech and Chong just like anyone that has enjoyed their movies. I don't know that a lot of the young kids are going to know who Cheech and Chong are unless they saw the old DVDs. But anyway, they represent marijuana and obviously WWE changes their cycle of policy with everything. Every three or four months they change policy. This is cool and this isn't cool anymore. And then in a few months we'll have a meeting and now this is cool and this isn't cool. We need this and no more of this. And that has always been the deal. Vince [McMahon] has a bunch of advisers and he listens to whoever gets through to him the most and that causes him to change his policy. Because different people get through to him on different days. Cheech and Chong, hopefully it will be good for the fans and they will enjoy it. I've gotten a lot of feedback from the fans saying: “Hey, they're asking for you”. No they're not asking for me. They're just having Cheech and Chong doing guest cameos.