PDA

View Full Version : AAS when Arnold was competing..

Everex238
02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
hey guys whats up? when big arnold was competing, which other AAS' were available besides test, deca, dbol and primo?

mr.genetics
02-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Winny for sure

esplendido
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
That's Winstrol V, not Depo. It was/is a great equestrian vet drug, and when combined with anavar, produced fantastic hardness on cutting cycles. Came in 50ml vials at 50mg/ml and burnt like an SOB when injected.

Everex238
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
That's Winstrol V, not Depo. It was/is a great equestrian vet drug, and when combined with anavar, produced fantastic hardness on cutting cycles. Came in 50ml vials at 50mg/ml and burnt like an SOB when injected.

gotcha! i should have known winny was around back then.. anadrol was around in arnold's days right?

esplendido
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh, and anadrol was available, too.

Everex238
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
tren came out in the 80's right? anyone know the exact year?

musclePav
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
dbol was a big one too right?

Everex238
02-10-2009, 03:00 PM
dbol was a big one too right?

yep. apparently, arnie loved his dbol and primo!

marcus300
02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
The majority of AAS have been out for decades, so not alot as changed except whats fashionable to use and the experience of stacking various compounds.

Viking
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
The majority of AAS have been out for decades, so not alot as changed except whats fashionable to use and the experience of stacking various compounds.

How about the amounts being used today?!?! Arnold was a work horse and earned his physique...

marcus300
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
How about the amounts being used today?!?! Arnold was a work horse and earned his physique...

You will never get the truth regarding what dosages Arnold used unless you can quote it from an interview or heard it straight from his mouth and trust me todays bodybuilders earn their physiques, it isn't all drugs its hardwork being a Pro at today level.

Johnny Phenomenon
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM

And the esters that are available.

BigJD69
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Dbol, Deca, Test, Primo, Anavar...

BigJD69
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
and Anadrol!

Everex238
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
what year did GH come out?

Aaron Singerman
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM

They started experimenting during the 1920s with bovine GH (rBGH), obviously this didn't pan out... Then in the early 1960s cadaver-GH was developed. Then in 1985 doctors started noticing cases of Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease popping up due to the long term use of the cadavar-GH... about five years before that, in around 1980, Genentech developed the first synthetic human growth hormone. SInce then technology has improved and we now have Somatropin that can be made easily and cheaply.

esplendido
02-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Genentech - 1984

Everex238
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
so when was it available to BB'ers? right after it came out in 1980 or a few years later in 1984?

esplendido
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Viking....you seem to espouse a common fallacy that it's all about the drugs. AAS, GH, insulin, etc all enhance the hard work it takes to put on quality muscle. There's no shortcut to a great physique. It takes years of proper training, proper diet, and a dash of good genetics to get there. Drugs do NOT speed that journey.

Aaron Singerman
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM

It's funny... there have been no new anabolic steroids for quite sometime... and of the 100+ steroids that HAVE been developed only a select few are still made.

Arnold almost certainly didn't us HGH or insulin... but of what was available, I'm sure he's used... and plenty of it.

Everex238
02-10-2009, 05:25 PM
It's funny... there have been no new anabolic steroids for quite sometime... and of the 100+ steroids that HAVE been developed only a select few are still made.

Arnold almost certainly didn't us HGH or insulin... but of what was available, I'm sure he's used... and plenty of it.

isn't "superdrol" a new steroid? knowledgeable bros have told me that it was developed in the 1960's and was never marketed until 2005..

Johnny Phenomenon
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
How long has Slin been used as a performance enhancer?

Aaron Singerman
02-10-2009, 06:06 PM
isn't "superdrol" a new steroid? knowledgeable bros have told me that it was developed in the 1960's and was never marketed until 2005..

Correct... it's been around... most of these Pro-steroids were found in OLD Bio-chem texts... some of them from other countries. Even the "designer" steroids made by Patrick Arnold (BLACO) were FOUND or RE-DISCOVERED.

Aaron Singerman
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
How long has Slin been used as a performance enhancer?

Many people believe Milos Sarcev made popular the use of insulin in bodybuilding in the early 1990s. Many attribute the rise of the MASS MONSTER to this discovery. Milos also says that he came up with the now ubiquitous 10g of carbs per 1iu of insulin.

Everex238
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Correct... it's been around... most of these Pro-steroids were found in OLD Bio-chem texts... some of them from other countries. Even the "designer" steroids made by Patrick Arnold (BLACO) were FOUND or RE-DISCOVERED.

that is interesting as hell. hopefully we will be able to find out more of the steroids that weren't "marketed"

BigJD69
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I can't remember which Mag it was in, but there was a Interview with Samir Bannout who said that in the early 80's a lot of guys were injecting the GH from cadavers bodies. He also stated that Lyle Alzado used a lot of it and he believed that is how he got brain cancer!

Mr. Shoulders
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Fina Ject...50ml bottles all around and vet EQ in 50ml bottles...Rugby Test...Lypho Med Deca...

Everex238
02-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Fina Ject...50ml bottles all around and vet EQ in 50ml bottles...Rugby Test...Lypho Med Deca...

ughh man. stop teasing!

buselmo
02-11-2009, 01:06 AM
according to the national team coach (he's 58) and was teh mediteranian champ back in the early 80's
test (rarely used)
deca (favorite offseason AAS)
dbol (always used with deca for 8 weeks+)
Primo (favorite contest prep AAS)
anavar (always used with primo)
stanazolol (also used with primo)
T3 (always used in contest prep)
parabolan (he said they used it in the late 70's early 80's)
Halotestin (early 80's)

doses? let's just say they were almost as crazy as today... ESPECIALLY WITH THE ORALS!!!
remember, back then there were no known side effects other than a limp noodle... so they thought the more they used, the more muscle and less fat they'd have. If you could buy AAS from any pharmacy, for dirt cheap, and the side effects were "lots of muscle" and you were competing on an international level... how much would you use?

Everex238
02-11-2009, 04:57 AM
according to the national team coach (he's 58) and was teh mediteranian champ back in the early 80's
test (rarely used)
deca (favorite offseason AAS)
dbol (always used with deca for 8 weeks+)
Primo (favorite contest prep AAS)
anavar (always used with primo)
stanazolol (also used with primo)
T3 (always used in contest prep)
parabolan (he said they used it in the late 70's early 80's)
Halotestin (early 80's)

doses? let's just say they were almost as crazy as today... ESPECIALLY WITH THE ORALS!!!
remember, back then there were no known side effects other than a limp noodle... so they thought the more they used, the more muscle and less fat they'd have. If you could buy AAS from any pharmacy, for dirt cheap, and the side effects were "lots of muscle" and you were competing on an international level... how much would you use?

t3 came out in the early 80's?? didnt even know that, thanks bro. and thanks to everyone else so far, i have learned a lot just from this thread! and yes, i remember a vet telling me that test was rarely used back then, like no where near as much as its used today

buselmo
02-11-2009, 06:30 AM
t3 came out in the early 80's?? didnt even know that, thanks bro.

nope... didn't say that... I think it was there way before the 80's my friend. Frank zane was reported to have abused it in his competitive days... so i'd be inclined to think it came out way before that...

Everex238
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
oh ok. my fault bro

Everex238
02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
when did clen come out?

Everex238
02-19-2009, 01:49 PM
when was halo invented and readily available?

ANABOLIC1
02-19-2009, 07:32 PM
when was halo invented and readily available?

Everex238
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
it came out that early??

ANABOLIC1
02-19-2009, 07:37 PM
it came out that early??

http://www.halotestin.com/

Everex238
02-19-2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.halotestin.com/

thanks for the link bro

ANABOLIC1
02-19-2009, 11:41 PM
No prob man

Mike Marcano
02-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Not sure when it came out but I believe Duchaine made Clen popular.

rich_fox117
02-20-2009, 01:48 AM
thats some funny shit considering ALMOST every good true cycle has a good foundation base of test in it these days

Everex238
02-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Not sure when it came out but I believe Duchaine made Clen popular.

oh ok. thanks, didnt know

militantmuscle
02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Viking....you seem to espouse a common fallacy that it's all about the drugs. AAS, GH, insulin, etc all enhance the hard work it takes to put on quality muscle. There's no shortcut to a great physique. It takes years of proper training, proper diet, and a dash of good genetics to get there. Drugs do NOT speed that journey. Exactly

You will never get the truth regarding what dosages Arnold used unless you can quote it from an interview or heard it straight from his mouth and trust me todays bodybuilders earn their physiques, it isn't all drugs its hardwork being a Pro at today level. All too true

If you guys knew how much Dexter Jackson, or some top amateurs really take, you'd really be surprised at their low dosages. Their not as high as you think, not by far. My light-heavyweight Gerald Jackson is only on 50mg of testosterone propionate daily, and he is roughly 11-12 weeks out from the 2009 NPC Southern USA. I will be posting pictures of him this weekend, so you guys can see the visual interpretation of that.

Now conversely, there are light-heavyweights out at level IVs out there who brag that they are injecting 3g of testosterone and that's for pre-contest. Do you think they really need that much?

chucksm00th
02-20-2009, 11:13 AM
If you guys knew how much Dexter Jackson, or some top amateurs really take, you'd really be surprised at their low dosages. Their not as high as you think, not by far.

Now conversely, there are light-heavyweights out at level IVs out there who brag that they are injecting 3g of testosterone and that's for pre-contest. Do you think they really need that much?

I have a friend whos been competing for years now. Hes in his 40's and brags about taking 2g of just test per week along with another 2g of other stuff such as winny, tren, deca etc, totaling 4g per week.

I tell him hes doing way to much and doestn need that much but he always responds "ive been doing this for 20yrs etc etc" personally i think hes just abusing his body.

I understand everyone responds to different dosages and where some people respond better than others with lesser amounts, but 4g per week is unnecessary and overkill.

rich_fox117
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I have a friend whos been competing for years now. Hes in his 40's and brags about taking 2g of just test per week along with another 2g of other stuff such as winny, tren, deca etc, totaling 4g per week.

I tell him hes doing way to much and doestn need that much but he always responds "ive been doing this for 20yrs etc etc" personally i think hes just abusing his body.

I understand everyone responds to different dosages and where some people respond better than others with lesser amounts, but 4g per week is unnecessary and overkill.

like everything else in your body i believe that you get used to things when your constantly on them, 2g of test, while fucking STUPID and harmful, probably is needed for someone who uses high doses all the time

Everex238
02-20-2009, 07:17 PM
i remember reading on a different board, someone was claiming nasser did 10g of test per week... who really knows how much they really take..

ANABOLIC1
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
like everything else in your body i believe that you get used to things when your constantly on them, 2g of test, while fucking STUPID and harmful, probably is needed for someone who uses high doses all the time

Stupid and harmful?

Your experience at those doses please?

rich_fox117
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Stupid and harmful?

Your experience at those doses please?

none, other than common sense

its like filling up a cars gas tank to full, then still pouring gas in, its just gonna spray out and ruin the paint on your car, after a certain point i cant see any real benefits to constantly upping the dose

do i personally have any experiences at those levels? no i dont, but from what i've read and heard over and over again, whats the point?

bottom line is unless I'm a pro and i find that i need it, i wont be dumb enough to gain some experience trying to overload like that

ANABOLIC1
02-21-2009, 11:08 AM
none, other than common sense

its like filling up a cars gas tank to full, then still pouring gas in, its just gonna spray out and ruin the paint on your car, after a certain point i cant see any real benefits to constantly upping the dose

do i personally have any experiences at those levels? no i dont, but from what i've read and heard over and over again, whats the point?

bottom line is unless I'm a pro and i find that i need it, i wont be dumb enough to gain some experience trying to overload like that

Well I ask because I happen to use 2g a week of test along with deca and dbol etc and there are other guys on here either using or who have used more than that and the only side effect I have ever had is more growth.

I certainly understand your metaphor about diminishing returns, but at 2g + a week I have yet to get there.

rich_fox117
02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Well I ask because I happen to use 2g a week of test along with deca and dbol etc and there are other guys on here either using or who have used more than that and the only side effect I have ever had is more growth.

I certainly understand your metaphor about diminishing returns, but at 2g + a week I have yet to get there.

well than my hat is off to you sir i apologize for assuming to much, maybe 2g isnt to much but for me personally, i dont see myself going past 1.5g a week unless like i stated before, i go pro or have the ability to

heres an interesting question for you anabolic, you may have not reached your peak for growing as you up the dose, but how much muscle do you retain when you cycle off? or do you cycle off?

again maybe i am wrong, and if i am, well then sorry, but i always assumed that the best way to grow was gradually, and the more size you put on (after a certain point at least) on cycle, the more you would PROBABLY lose coming off since your body just wouldn't be able to withstand that much muscle at such a low anabolic hormone state

is that true? or a load of horse shit