Colossal
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Total Performance Sports

11 Victoria Street
Everett, Mass. 02149
617-387-5998 (Office)

http://www.totalperformancesports.com/index.htm

(website is currently being redesigned)

TPS is the powerlifting/strongman gym in the greater Boston area. I have been training there for about 6 months and it is by far the most productive gym I have been to. This is not a bodybuilder's gym, however; there are very few machines and all the equaipment has one purpose---to get you stronger. 4 pro power racks, DB's up to 130, dozens of bars, a monolift, competition bench, bands, chains, dozens of grip training items, full complement of atlas stones, 3 metal logs, yoke, 350-800 lb tires, reverse hyper, glute-ham benches, cardio equipment, odd objects.....and that's only a partial list!!

TPS has national-class athletes and world-record holders, and the owner, Murph, is a highly decorated trainer with competitive experience in everything from boxing to strongman. TPS regularly sponsors local strongman events and has training days with world-class powerlifters.

Other Highlights:

-Hard music all the time
-Weights can be dropped (responsibly)
-Yelling, grunting, and other guttural sounds are allowed
-No bullshit is tolerated and no one is above being corrected
-Chalk buckets everywhere
-Boxing and MMA training, full boxing ring

Also memberships are very reasonable---I think $39 a month. Check it out!!

SD1959
04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Any Hammer Strength?

Total Performance Sports

11 Victoria Street
Everett, Mass. 02149
617-387-5998 (Office)

http://www.totalperformancesports.com/index.htm

(website is currently being redesigned)

TPS is the powerlifting/strongman gym in the greater Boston area. I have been training there for about 6 months and it is by far the most productive gym I have been to. This is not a bodybuilder's gym, however; there are very few machines and all the equaipment has one purpose---to get you stronger. 4 pro power racks, DB's up to 130, dozens of bars, a monolift, competition bench, bands, chains, dozens of grip training items, full complement of atlas stones, 3 metal logs, yoke, 350-800 lb tires, reverse hyper, glute-ham benches, cardio equipment, odd objects.....and that's only a partial list!!

TPS has national-class athletes and world-record holders, and the owner, Murph, is a highly decorated trainer with competitive experience in everything from boxing to strongman. TPS regularly sponsors local strongman events and has training days with world-class powerlifters.

Other Highlights:

-Hard music all the time
-Weights can be dropped (responsibly)
-Yelling, grunting, and other guttural sounds are allowed
-No bullshit is tolerated and no one is above being corrected
-Chalk buckets everywhere
-Boxing and MMA training, full boxing ring

Also memberships are very reasonable---I think $39 a month. Check it out!!