PDA

View Full Version : Hard time breathing?

george.mumford
01-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Anyone know why I have a hard time breathing on a keto type diet? It feels like I am 20,000 ft above sea level and need more oxygen or something.
Is it because of low carb?

mygirlsdad
01-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Anyone know why I have a hard time breathing on a keto type diet? It feels like I am 20,000 ft above sea level and need more oxygen or something.
Is it because of low carb?

Have your blood pressure checked

george.mumford
01-23-2010, 10:50 AM
My blood pressure is actually better than normal so that can't be it. I think its the carbs because usually after 3-4 days of low low carbs I have that hard time breathing. Maybe I am just tired.

ricker35910
01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
are you running tren?

george.mumford
01-23-2010, 04:15 PM
No I am all natural

s2h
01-23-2010, 08:19 PM
is it the 1st time you have done a keto diet?

Sledge
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Breathing is over rated. They have machines that can do that for you now.

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 08:37 PM
I seriously doubt it's from low carbs. Go to Dave's Q&A and ask him.

george.mumford
01-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Not the first time I have done a keto, maybe its because I am stressed. Oh well, thanks for trying.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 12:01 AM
It's just my opinion and experience. I did keto for 30 weeks in 2009. By the end of my contest prep I was doing 2 1/2 hours of cardio. Never had a shortness of breath unless it was during cardio. I don;t believe that I ever heard of anyone else having that problem and attributing it to the keto diet.

Foreman_Rules
01-24-2010, 12:06 AM
KETO dehydrates the body, this in turn can hamper your respiratory system. You should see a Doctor just to be safe, the KETO might not be the problem but it may be bringing to light a problem that has eluded you up to this point.

tight booty
01-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Not the first time I have done a keto, maybe its because I am stressed. Oh well, thanks for trying.
Your body is probably stressed from the keto diet. I know that with two few carbs in my body, I feel very stressed and while I can breath okay my chest feels tight.

george.mumford
01-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

s2h
01-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Keto is a poor choice for dieting for a natural athlete,w/out proper supplemenets(AAS) it is difficult to maintain or develop lean muscle w/out some carbs in your diet.There are many studies to show this to be true,and as a person who has worked w/ several all natural BB's i find the keto diet(w/ the exception of a short period of pre contest depletion)to be a poor choice for long term gains in lean muscle.As far a your breathing problems i would go see your doctor,it could have nothing to do w/ your diet!

sassy69
01-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Is this just randomly or during any sort of activity requiring a burst of energy? I found I was near to getting light-headed during any sort of high rep leg press or squatting.

musclemilf
01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Keto is a poor choice for dieting for a natural athlete,w/out proper supplemenets(AAS) it is difficult to maintain or develop lean muscle w/out some carbs in your diet.There are many studies to show this to be true,and as a person who has worked w/ several all natural BB's i find the keto diet(w/ the exception of a short period of pre contest depletion)to be a poor choice for long term gains in lean muscle.As far a your breathing problems i would go see your doctor,it could have nothing to do w/ your diet!

I actually have to agree with you here. I was on a Keto diet as a natty for 12 weeks and fucked myself up (long story). Yes, I recall getting winded bringing laundry up a flight of stairs back then. Who knows why.

Keto was awesome for fat loss, but I landed up looking like a small figure competitor (not dissing figure ladies!!!) Now I can step back and appreciate AAS use by both male and female BBs. Steroids definitely have their place in maintaining mass and achieving a certain look.

Natty's can't use the same training and dieting principles like an AAS user. My friend (w/ a long competitive BB history) warned me to not use a keto diet and that I was doing a disservice to my body by limiting my carb intake. He was absolutely correct.

JRob
01-26-2010, 01:34 PM

I actually have to agree with you here. I was on a Keto diet as a natty for 12 weeks and fucked myself up (long story). Yes, I recall getting winded bringing laundry up a flight of stairs back then. Who knows why.

Keto was awesome for fat loss, but I landed up looking like a small figure competitor (not dissing figure ladies!!!) Now I can step back and appreciate AAS use by both male and female BBs. Steroids definitely have their place in maintaining mass and achieving a certain look.

Natty's can't use the same training and dieting principles like an AAS user. My friend (w/ a long competitive BB history) warned me to not use a keto diet and that I was doing a disservice to my body by limiting my carb intake. He was absolutely correct.

Agreed! I learned the hard way ;)