PDA

View Full Version : Lip Enhancement

Sistersteel
03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok. I know nothing about the subject, but must admit, it intrigues me.
Any ladies have their lips done? Methods? pricing? End result etc?

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 06:58 PM
It intrigues me, too - but I'm afraid of looking like a puffer fish.

Tiki
03-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I have never had it done but, someone close to me has.

She had fat injections. The doctor went through her belly button, removed a bit of fat from her belly, and pumped it into her lips. Although it was a fairly minor procedure, her lips and face were ridiculously swollen for the first day or two.

Her lips looked great after about the first week when the swelling and injection sites went down. But, the results only lasted a few months. I don't remember the exact price but, I know that it was less than a thousand.

Sistersteel
03-07-2009, 02:08 AM
I read that implants are permanent and probably the best option but the body reabsorbs fat injections. I bet that would leave you with wrinkly saggy looking lips. I don't know much about collagen but it seems to last a good 18 months I think.

I certainly don't want to look like a puffer fish, but I think fuller lips would be nice.

I found a few pics that I think look nice.

Tiki
03-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Are those implants?

Sistersteel
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Are those implants?

Tiki I have no clue. lol
I just found these before and afters at random and did not look any further into the methods used.

BK
03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Ask Octomom what she did.:D

Sistersteel
03-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Ask Octomom what she did.:D

Octomom...member?

BK
03-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Octomom...member?
No. I was joking.
Nadya Suleman, aka Ocotmom. She is that crazy woman that just gave birth to octuplets which currently brings her up to 14 children. She had her lips done and now looks like a blow fish as a result.

Suzy Brown
03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
I read that implants are permanent and probably the best option but the body reabsorbs fat injections. I bet that would leave you with wrinkly saggy looking lips. I don't know much about collagen but it seems to last a good 18 months I think.
I know quite a few ladies with "used to be fuller" lips and its not terrible or anything, they still look kinda big, but it IS weird, you definitly get the feeling "something is wrong here..."

There is also a method where they take your lip -- where the indent is in the middle -- and flip it, clip it a couple millimeters higher. That's under $1k and permanant. I've never seen a bad one but again, you can tell something is going on, not quite as ntural-looking as a filler.

tight booty
03-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't mind my lips being a little fuller but I wouldn't want to look unnatural or worse end up looking like a fish! I have seen pics of so many bad lips that it turns me off!
If you do decide to get it done, then go to someone who is good at it and doing alot of lip collagen injections.

Sistersteel
03-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Oh now I remember Octomom...I think I read about this woman who thought she could morph herself into Angelina Jolie..

I do not think Angelina's lips are nice. THAT is a blowfish for ya. I think the collagen injects sound appealing as long as you can touch them up as needed.

I would like to get my lips done. I tend to do a good job filling them in with a lip liner though.

Has anyone considered getting their eyeliner or eyebrows tatted in? Saves a shit ton on makeup in the long run.

I was reading about all this cosmetic stuff and that is where all these random thoughts are coming from. lol

tight booty
03-08-2009, 05:33 AM
I met a lady once who had a horrid job done on her lips in the way of tattooing. It looked as though her lips were outlined with a black pen.....just a thin horrid black outline on her lips. She was in tears as it was pretty permanent. She was getting IPL laser done to try and lighten it. The tattoo was done with vegetable dye so it would fade over time but how long it took....I have got no idea. :(

Sistersteel
03-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I met a lady once who had a horrid job done on her lips in the way of tattooing. It looked as though her lips were outlined with a black pen.....just a thin horrid black outline on her lips. She was in tears as it was pretty permanent. She was getting IPL laser done to try and lighten it. The tattoo was done with vegetable dye so it would fade over time but how long it took....I have got no idea. :(

oh no. That certainly would be disasterous.

SonOfPluto
03-12-2009, 03:53 AM
What's really stupid is that Octomom had full lips in the first place. Now she just looks stupid. She may suck a mean @@@@ though..

sassy69
03-13-2009, 01:59 AM
What's really stupid is that Octomom had full lips in the first place. Now she just looks stupid. She may suck a mean @@@@ though..

I'm sure her kids could've used that money for baby formula or maybe to help pay down that $23K debt on her parents' house.

Tiki
03-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Have you ever tried a Lip Plumper?

Like.....
Lip Fusion (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P127407&categoryId=C10302&shouldPaginate=true) <--- Link to Sephora

Klaus Urine
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
She seems to have survived with naturally thin lips. Puffy, fake lips look foolish.

http://fapic1.pooyaonline.net/media/picfiles/glad/m/JodieFoster68037.jpg