PDA

View Full Version : Compared to the main man in your life. How does his overall strength level, compare to yours?

GWHH
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I had this question rolling around in my head for a while. And I thought I would finally ask you all.

Ladies, compared to the main man in your life. How does his overall strength level, compare to yours? How close are you strengths levels? In gym, in real life, and overall, etc?

Thanks.

jlgiller
01-24-2010, 02:53 PM
MMM....I would never get involved with anyone who couldn't out lift me.

Jodie
01-24-2010, 03:44 PM
My question to you....Are you sitting at home jackin off to any answers we might post? Because this truly is a lame question, as if we really truly give a rats ass what our men lift. It ranks right up there with the....Gee how much do you bench? please spare us the stupid questions.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Schmoe alert!

Contrary to popular fantasies, 99% of the time our men outlift us. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I need a good spotter.

By the way, my biceps are 14 inches.

MacFlashGordon
01-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Only 'man' in my life is a Chocolate Labrador and he doesn't 'do' weights . Oh! Hang on...I'm not a woman - DAMMIT I shouldn't even BE on this thread..

cat
01-24-2010, 07:07 PM
My question to you....Are you sitting at home jackin off to any answers we might post? Because this truly is a lame question, as if we really truly give a rats ass what our men lift. It ranks right up there with the....Gee how much do you bench? please spare us the stupid questions.

Hehe....

Sledge
01-24-2010, 07:10 PM

Do you think you could pick me up or beat me in an arm wrestle?

debbiebramwell
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM

I do give a rats ass how much my man lifts. He better lift way more the me:)(I couldnt be with someone who wasnt bigger and stronger then me,I like feeling tiny! well ok Im not tiny but you know what I mean..) I am strong for a female , he is strong for a male which makes him waaaaay stronger then me and I love it! :p

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Awwwww, Debbie you just ruined the fantasies of many a schmoe.

(but I do agree)

Jodie
01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Do you think you could pick me up or beat me in an arm wrestle?
Right now I could sit on you and squish you with my fat butt. :hmn:

Jodie
01-24-2010, 09:34 PM
I do give a rats ass how much my man lifts. He better lift way more the me:)(I couldnt be with someone who wasnt bigger and stronger then me,I like feeling tiny! well ok Im not tiny but you know what I mean..) I am strong for a female , he is strong for a male which makes him waaaaay stronger then me and I love it! :p
shhhhhh don't share what we like. :)

AnglicanBeachParty
01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Ladies, compared to the main man in your life. How does his overall strength level, compare to yours? How close are you strengths levels? In gym, in real life, and overall, etc?

Wait ... are you saying the gym isn't real life?!? :hypno:

Carolyn Bryant
01-24-2010, 10:35 PM

Get em' Jodie.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 10:45 PM

NOW you did it! Sledge lurves fat butts. :yep:

sassy69
01-24-2010, 11:42 PM

SCHMOE ALERT! :yep:

Sledge
01-25-2010, 02:20 AM

How much do you curl?
Could you crush me with your thighs?

Sledge
01-25-2010, 02:26 AM

Oh oh oh oh I think I love you.
Would you be able to pop a beach ball with your thighs?
Could you crack walnuts with your fat butt??

Jodie
01-25-2010, 10:33 AM
:yep:

mshrdbdy
01-25-2010, 06:18 PM

LMFAO!!! Too damn funny! Totally laughed out loud in my office, my patients looked at me like I was crazy!

debbiebramwell
01-25-2010, 10:38 PM

(but I do agree)

shhhhhh don't share what we like. :)

lol I know , I know. The fans dont understand why we wud like muscles on man:dunno: I have had some get upset at me:p

debbiebramwell
01-25-2010, 10:40 PM

nothing like a round fluffy butt!:pali loves that too! he loves me offseason!!:wiggle:

kimm4
01-25-2010, 11:51 PM
I would think most women would prefer men that can out lift them. I like my men big and strong...the kind that can throw me around like a rag doll...;)

sassy69
01-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Altho the current "main man" in my life is my cat (he makes a great curl bar tho...) so I really can't answer this question. He's currently taking the season off to focus on recovery (sleeping) and bulking (eating). Personally I expect my guy to be stronger than me simply because he's going to need to have the same passion & comfort in this lifestyle as I do in order to hang around & enjoy it w/ me. I'm also just simply not attracted to guys smaller or shorter than me (never have been, even before I started throwing weights around).

Ibarramedia
01-26-2010, 03:42 AM
I've always wanted to be bigger and stronger than all the women. And I think I am for the most part. I'm no competitor and not as big as some of the guys here but the women motivate me to work even harder. I'm built more like a tight end than a bb. Unlike some of the guys that I know, I don't want the fbb to be stronger than me. I do respect all the hard work they do.

Triple-H_2005
01-26-2010, 09:00 AM

(but I do agree)

But she DIDN'T ruin the fantasy of the strong dudes that are in long-distance love with her!!

*sigh* Mmmmm....Debbie B!

baronsrugby
01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
What woman wouldn't want their man to be stronger than her? It is quite natural. I couldn't imagine being with a girl stronger than me. It'd be quite weird. I like bodybuilding women because I think they look real nice, as in their work is much appreciated. By the same token though, when I'm in the gym, the aim is to get stronger and lift harder. If I see a vid of a girl lifting a lot of weight, I think, "that's cool", but it also motivates me to think I should be lifting much more than that.

GWHH
01-30-2010, 12:54 PM
To answer some of your question. I am NOT some out of shape slob. I've been hitting the weights hard for ten plus years. Gone from 130's lbs at 5 8 in height to 210 lbs of soild muscle. With 17 inch arms and bench press over 300lbs, etc. Shooting for a goal of 235 lbs with 18 inch plus arms.

I am dating a women who 5 10 and is an expert in unarmed combat. She does martial arts and knows 3 forms of martial and fights in matches with full contact, etc. Plus she lerning a new fightint style: Krav Maga

I am lover not a fighter type. So I can not out fight her, but i can out lift her. Just wanted to know what you all on the other side of the coin think!

GWHH
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
cool, thanks.

sassy69
01-30-2010, 06:27 PM
To answer some of your question. I am NOT some out of shape slob. I've been hitting the weights hard for ten plus years. Gone from 130's lbs at 5 8 in height to 210 lbs of soild muscle. With 17 inch arms and bench press over 300lbs, etc. Shooting for a goal of 235 lbs with 18 inch plus arms.

I am dating a women who 5 10 and is an expert in unarmed combat. She does martial arts and knows 3 forms of martial and fights in matches with full contact, etc. Plus she lerning a new fightint style: Krav Maga

I am lover not a fighter type. So I can not out fight her, but i can out lift her. Just wanted to know what you all on the other side of the coin think!

This is cool!

cat
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
It was a totally legit question. Some of you bitches are so sanctimonious and take yourselves way too seriously.

That said, there are plenty of women who either don't give a shit 'who's stronger' and there are even those who are actually into being stronger than their male partners. They'll have to speak for themselves, of course, but they do exist. (no schmoe)

Well now, it's not very nice to call people names because you ask their opinion and they give you their opinion and you then don't like their opinion. :no:

Allifit
02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
:yep::yep:

:yep:

It was a totally legit question. Some of you bitches are so sanctimonious and take yourselves way too seriously.

It's a schmoe question, not a 'legit' question. Women who lift are still WOMEN- we're not just muscular beasts who want to dominate every walking land form with our physical prowess.

This is definitely a question I'd expect on webcam- not on a forum board.

BrownBear
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
i was just cruisin the main forums page and saw this thread as the newest one. it seemed like an odd question for a woman to be asking, and didn't make too much sense. low and behold i have to admit it is pretty schmoe. dated a girl who did webcam and these guys do get off on the girls strength "holy shit i bet you could flip a truck!" these weirdos never cease to amaze me.

Tre
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
It's a schmoe question, not a 'legit' question. Women who lift are still WOMEN- we're not just muscular beasts who want to dominate every walking land form with our physical prowess.

This is definitely a question I'd expect on webcam- not on a forum board.
Are you kidding me?

So a guy who asks an innocuous question politely has to be demonized and ridiculed just because he has an interest in one important aspect of your lifestyle?

Newsflash: The guys who are fucking each of you are doing so because they're schmoes.

Some schmoes are just cooler or better-looking or have better manners than others. GWHH has always struck me as cool, but the reception he received here would probably be a bigtime turn-off to many.

BrownBear
02-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Are you kidding me?

So a guy who asks an innocuous question politely has to be demonized and ridiculed just because he has an interest in one important aspect of your lifestyle?

Newsflash: The guys who are fucking each of you are doing so because they're schmoes.

Some schmoes are just cooler or better-looking or have better manners than others. GWHH has always struck me as cool, but the reception he received here would probably be a bigtime turn-off to many.

disagree strongly. come on man rethink that. that doesn't sound ridiculous to you? short woman, tall woman, fat woman, skinny woman, black woman, white woman, woman with no muscle, a woman with a moderate (fitness), a woman with a lot of (bodybuilder) muscle.

what im trying to get at is that, muscle is just an attribute to someone. so that's like labeling a guy who only digs scrawny toothpick girls a schmoe or a guy who has a fetish. I really don't think you'll see where these women are coming from unless you've dated one or are good friends with one and you've heard some of the downright outlandish shit guys ask them about or ask them to do. not tryin to start shit with you im just sayin, if you havent been exposed to it you wouldnt know and you would see it as a harmless question.

cook
02-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I don`t understand this whole schmoe thing.I`ll tell you one thing I bet I don`t ask any of you ladies how your training is going.

Allifit
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM

Depends on how you define schmoe. I'd tend to disagree- I don't necessarily think of every man who likes the look of a fit or muscular female a schmoe.

I can tell you one thing- I don't flex or wrestle or talk about how big and ripped I am to any guys that I date- but that IS the kinda stuff you'd tak about with a schmoe. And I'm in no way, shape or form, slamming schmoes- but stating there's a bit of a seperation.

I don`t understand this whole schmoe thing.I`ll tell you one thing I bet I don`t ask any of you ladies how your training is going.
Asking how my training is going is FAR more respectful and less schmoe-ish then asking if I'm stronger then the men I date.:)

debbiebramwell
02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Depends on how you define schmoe. I'd tend to disagree- I don't necessarily think of every man who likes the look of a fit or muscular female a schmoe.

I can tell you one thing- I don't flex or wrestle or talk about how big and ripped I am to any guys that I date- but that IS the kinda stuff you'd tak about with a schmoe. And I'm in no way, shape or form, slamming schmoes- but stating there's a bit of a seperation.

Asking how my training is going is FAR more respectful and less schmoe-ish then asking if I'm stronger then the men I date.:)

Im gonna have to agree here. Most of the guys I have dated have never dated or been attracted to a fbbr before. I attract the same guys as I did before I started lifting. I have always been athletic and curvy looking and tend to attract guys that appreciate that about me. I have never flexed for anyone I have dated. Just because someone has dated me does not make them a schmoe. These guys get off on tits and ass ( a big ass which is why they liked me:p ) not biceps and calves..:)

Allifit
02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
These guys get off on tits and ass ( a big ass which is why they liked me:p ) not biceps and calves..:)

EXACTLY! The guys I date get into the fit, athletic look, but they don't sit there and beat off while I flex my biceps or crunch my abs for them lol.

4evermuscle
02-03-2010, 01:35 AM
EXACTLY! The guys I date get into the fit, athletic look, but they don't sit there and beat off while I flex my biceps or crunch my abs for them lol.

LOL

yeah right. they are doing it after you leave, guarantee.

Tre
02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Ok, maybe I should've clarified. If your guy thinks you're hot, he's a schmoe. More specifically, if he thinks your body is hot, he's a schmoe. Yes, several of the women reading this are intellectual dynamos who certainly have the capacity to stimulate a partner in more ways than one, but that doesn't cover everyone. Just sayin'...

I'll say many things, but won't tell anyone WHAT do to in their bedroom. If you aren't exploring 'muscle sex', I can say you're missing out, but maybe it doesn't work for you. Exploring one another's bodies has always been an exciting part of foreplay or sex for my partners and me, but what's great for my relationships may be horrible for yours. Of course, Alli, that's something we can always work on...as team therapy, of course. ;)

Seriously, though, the things that make us different are what makes life so special. So, you don't get off when your guy flexes for you, but hey, some women do, and that's great. Just because someone's sexual appetite doesn't match yours in no way means that person is a deviant who should be chastised for what he/she is into.

I absolutely understand that there are behaviors which would be deemed inappropriate by a majority of reasonable individuals, but masturbating while your partner flexes for you hardly fits the bill.

Yes, outside your relationships, there are fans with less-than-stellar manners who feel it's ok to ask you anything without first making any attempts to gauge your openness to a particular request. The flip side to that is that it's probably better that way, because you don't waste time developing a friendship with someone whose ultimate goal is to get you to wear a combat uniform while you smash his balls with your heel.

debbiebramwell
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Ok, maybe I should've clarified. If your guy thinks you're hot, he's a schmoe. More specifically, if he thinks your body is hot, he's a schmoe. Yes, several of the women reading this are intellectual dynamos who certainly have the capacity to stimulate a partner in more ways than one, but that doesn't cover everyone. Just sayin'...

I'll say many things, but won't tell anyone WHAT do to in their bedroom. If you aren't exploring 'muscle sex', I can say you're missing out, but maybe it doesn't work for you. Exploring one another's bodies has always been an exciting part of foreplay or sex for my partners and me, but what's great for my relationships may be horrible for yours. Of course, Alli, that's something we can always work on...as team therapy, of course. ;)

Seriously, though, the things that make us different are what makes life so special. So, you don't get off when your guy flexes for you, but hey, some women do, and that's great. Just because someone's sexual appetite doesn't match yours in no way means that person is a deviant who should be chastised for what he/she is into.

I absolutely understand that there are behaviors which would be deemed inappropriate by a majority of reasonable individuals, but masturbating while your partner flexes for you hardly fits the bill.

Yes, outside your relationships, there are fans with less-than-stellar manners who feel it's ok to ask you anything without first making any attempts to gauge your openness to a particular request. The flip side to that is that it's probably better that way, because you don't waste time developing a friendship with someone whose ultimate goal is to get you to wear a combat uniform while you smash his balls with your heel.

I did want to say that I am very openminded and dont judge. I think there is nothing wrong with whatever someones fantasy is or what turns someone on. Even if something isnt my thing I would never think it is strange because someone else likes it. I think people need to follow their own heart and do what feels right to them and that will be different for everyone. I of course love all the fans/schmoes and appreciate that they love beautiful muscle on woman.:)

Allifit
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
So, you don't get off when your guy flexes for you, but hey, some women do, and that's great. Just because someone's sexual appetite doesn't match yours in no way means that person is a deviant who should be chastised for what he/she is into.

I'm in NO way shape or form attempting to be judemental towards guys who are schmoes- I have NO problem with a guy who gets his jollies from female muscle. BUT I do think there's a difference between a schmoe and a guy who enjoys a fit look on women. Just like there's a difference between a guy who can say "oh her feet are cute" and then a guy who wants a foot job in order to get off. It's the extreme.

xandertreffers
02-03-2010, 02:49 PM
My oh my, what heated small minds in a crowd where you'd expect open minds...A bit more tolerance with less negativity would be good quality that some of you need to work on...

Anyway, I am schmoe and proud of it...

When it comes to sexual fantasies, I like my women strong, skilled, powerful and dominant...I find muscle hot too, although it's not my main sexual thing...I like women small, tall, hugely buffed, athletic...As long as they can kick serious a$$ in some way, I think it's a turn on...I love to be completely the opposite of "the normal way"...

But I'm by far not schmoe-y enough to feel that physical strength has a big importance in my relationships...

The minute I start stating "my significant other has to be stronger than me", like you girls do, I must have lost my mind...

Schmoe-ettes!...Ha!

Xander

johnnylax
02-03-2010, 08:31 PM

well said!

baronsrugby
02-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I kind of see the whole "guy" having to be stronger more indicative of women in general. 99% of women, seem at least, to want a guy that is physically stronger than them, which isn't that surprising, given that has been the preference throughout our long history. What we see here, is that female bbers, of those who have responded, are really not all that different from the average woman (not to say there is anything wrong implied herein).

When you look at the original question and analyze it, you almost have to turn it on its head and reverse it. One way of doing this, is asking if women who lift would date a guy who was not as strong as they were. To most of these women, it would come off as "schmoe-like" since most if not all of men who fantasize about female bodybuilders are hugely turned on by the strength factor. Furthermore, by doing this, what we can see is that apparently, the way to catch the eye of a female bodybuilder is to be someone who does work out religiously and does take care of their body (which is not surprising, given what little knowledge I do have of the bodybuilding lifestyle, most people have gone on about the discipline and difficulty of maintaining one's self over a lifetime).

In closing, what all this seems to point to, is that fantasy is again, not reality, and if you want to date a girl who benches 250, you better be throwing up 350.:)

GirlyMuscle
02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd rep you baron but you have to have 50 posts first. Good post.

Ibarramedia
02-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I kind of see the whole "guy" having to be stronger more indicative of women in general. 99% of women, seem at least, to want a guy that is physically stronger than them, which isn't that surprising, given that has been the preference throughout our long history. What we see here, is that female bbers, of those who have responded, are really not all that different from the average woman (not to say there is anything wrong implied herein).

When you look at the original question and analyze it, you almost have to turn it on its head and reverse it. One way of doing this, is asking if women who lift would date a guy who was not as strong as they were. To most of these women, it would come off as "schmoe-like" since most if not all of men who fantasize about female bodybuilders are hugely turned on by the strength factor. Furthermore, by doing this, what we can see is that apparently, the way to catch the eye of a female bodybuilder is to be someone who does work out religiously and does take care of their body (which is not surprising, given what little knowledge I do have of the bodybuilding lifestyle, most people have gone on about the discipline and difficulty of maintaining one's self over a lifetime).

In closing, what all this seems to point to, is that fantasy is again, not reality, and if you want to date a girl who benches 250, you better be throwing up 350.:)

Very good post. :beerbang:

sassy69
02-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Good post as well... For me its much more about the lifestyle. There's just not a lot of chance of success if our lifestyles don't match. And its too fundamental to who I am to give it up. My guess is that anyone who does follow a fitness lifestyle can lift reasonable weights anyway. Don't need to be world-class powerlifters. It would be a huge plus if he can spot me - I train mostly on my own and getting an occasional spot would help me push past the levels I can do on my own.

Tre
02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
My oh my, what heated small minds in a crowd where you'd expect open minds...A bit more tolerance with less negativity would be good quality that some of you need to work on...
I'm very defensive of schmoes and always have been. That won't change and maybe, just maybe, I'll be a schmoe again myself someday. :)

Seriously, though, I often see female physique athletes complain about being judged harshly on the presumption that they're using AAS. Whether they're using at the time or not, the perception from outsiders - and even from many so-called 'fans' - is there.

So, to see that same breed of prejudice against their fans was definitely off-putting.

The minute I start stating "my significant other has to be stronger than me", like you girls do, I must have lost my mind...

Schmoe-ettes!...Ha!

^^This.

baronsrugby
02-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Good post as well... For me its much more about the lifestyle. There's just not a lot of chance of success if our lifestyles don't match. And its too fundamental to who I am to give it up. My guess is that anyone who does follow a fitness lifestyle can lift reasonable weights anyway. Don't need to be world-class powerlifters. It would be a huge plus if he can spot me - I train mostly on my own and getting an occasional spot would help me push past the levels I can do on my own.

Thanks for the gp. If anything though, I think the above sums up what a lot of us look for in general. I wasn't much into the gym lifestyle until last year when I started going religiously. Not that I am anywhere near what someone would call a serious weightlifter, but, it's like, there has to be some common ground somewhere. I personally don't think I could date anyone who did not do something to keep themselves fit and active, since my opinion has shifted on the whole thing considerably.

By the same token, while the female bodybuilding look is sexually appealing to me, I don't honestly think that my lifestyle would mesh with that of a competitive female bodybuilder. Then again, the girl who finds herself in the guys section of the gym might be more realistic.

GWHH
02-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the shout out and help. I owe you one!

Are you kidding me?