PDA

View Full Version : bikini

jenfit
01-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Anyone out there competing in the new bikini division? If you have any questions ask away...

tammyp
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
hi jen. welcome...maybe the girls would be more comfortable if we knew who you were...lol:)

lilfitgirl
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
yes! i am competing on march 20 at the NPC Natural Ohio competition in Lakewood Ohio....this is my very first competition, so im pretty nervous

i have a few questions...

lilfitgirl
01-26-2010, 10:03 PM
i am tanning 4-5 times a week right now and will eventually start going 6-7 days a week to get a really nice base tan...

...should bikini girls get the dark painted on tan, or should they just get a few coats of spray tan to look fresh and even out skin tone?

jenfit
01-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi Tammy,

Yes, that would help:) My website is supposed to be attached somewhere here. Anyway, I am an IFBB pro bikini competitor, Propta director/examiner, personal trainer, nutritionist, and contest prep coach.

www.jenniferdietrick.com (http://www.jenniferdietrick.com)

jenfit
01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Hi lilfitgirl,
Bikini girls need the same color as any other category. I've competed in figure before and do the same with painting my tan. They always say my color looks great.
It's good to have a base tan, but after 10-15 days of max amt of minutes tanning the skin has reached its peek. Therefore, you might just be wasting money starting this early. The very first 3-4 days is good to go in a row and then every other bulds and keeps the base tan:)
Jen
www.jenniferdietrick.com (http://www.jenniferdietrick.com)

s2h
01-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Jen,i have a Q,a girl my buddy trains just came in 6th at Nationals(1st timer great placing)my question is i can judge figure,i mean this in the since that when the lineup walks out i can pick the top3 w/in 2-3 minutes and i'm usually right.So this tells me that the judging is pretty level across the board(i go to 6-8 shows a year to watch)because i'm getting the same results as the judges,this brings my point!!This gal who got 6th i had(honestly unbiased) in 1st -3rd at worst,and then the gal that wins looks like she hasnt even seen a gym.The judges told her she was to hard,so having a six pack is bad,he(her trainer)softend her up every well else and they tell her she was to hard.I think bikinini is agreat outlet for the girls that dont want to add muscle in certain areas ie:delts,leggs that figure requires,but they(npc,ifbb)need to sit down and figiure out what exactly a bikini girl is supposed to look like so the girls(and there trainers)know what kinda package to bring to the show!!!!

jenfit
01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
s2h,
All I could say is I know exactly what you are talking about. It depends on which judges you talk to also. They can still have a 6-pack, but I do know they don't want them lean all over(typically girls can get leaner there easier than guys). They started to try to have some uniformity with the posing b/c everyone used to stand all different ways up on stage together.(obviously difficul to judge)
Physique is definitely part of it, but bikini is even more subjective than figure. The model walk, suit, makeup, and hair count for a lot more.
The judges still change their minds about figure, but they have no regulations set for bikini in terms of physique.
If it helps any, the judges I spoke to always liked my physique but I've had to fix my suit or makeup.
Jen

lilfitgirl
01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
in my opinion i feel like the girl who look as though they have never seen a gym need to lean up some more...i mean its not really a challenge is they can just walk around as the average beach goer...i dont think it should be that way, otherwise everyone would try and get on stage
and as someone who trains hard and sticks to a strict diet - that angers me lol
now i dont know what these judges would prefer (softner or harder)...personally my goal is to look on the harder side...i mean honestly if i wanted to look soft i would have never started the split im on and i deff. would have never started a prep diet!

GO HARD OR GO HOME in my eyes HAHAHA

sassy69
01-27-2010, 07:53 PM
in my opinion i feel like the girl who look as though they have never seen a gym need to lean up some more...i mean its not really a challenge is they can just walk around as the average beach goer...i dont think it should be that way, otherwise everyone would try and get on stage
and as someone who trains hard and sticks to a strict diet - that angers me lol
now i dont know what these judges would prefer (softner or harder)...personally my goal is to look on the harder side...i mean honestly if i wanted to look soft i would have never started the split im on and i deff. would have never started a prep diet!

GO HARD OR GO HOME in my eyes HAHAHA

I'm just fascinated that people think the typical female physique competitor aspires to being soft. Its like the judges or whoever likes this "look" but its really nothing special to aspire to. Women get into this sport and often find a passion for it, and want to perpetually improve, not just stay in a state of (IMO) comfortable mediocrity forever. It might be a starting point for someone who has made a great accomplishment in losing a pile of weight or something, but that's about the only goal it really provides. If they don't reward the upward path, what's the point. (Except if your goal as a promoter is just to get money off as many newbies as possible and ignore the rest....)

lilfitgirl
01-27-2010, 09:17 PM
^ true story :)

jenfit
01-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I completely agree. I've known girls who were told to get softer and then they actually placed worse b/c they weren't comfortable on stage like that. Luckily, I've never been told that. I couldn't and wouldn't be able to let myself get softer!

cat
01-27-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm just fascinated that people think the typical female physique competitor aspires to being soft. Its like the judges or whoever likes this "look" but its really nothing special to aspire to. Women get into this sport and often find a passion for it, and want to perpetually improve, not just stay in a state of (IMO) comfortable mediocrity forever. It might be a starting point for someone who has made a great accomplishment in losing a pile of weight or something, but that's about the only goal it really provides. If they don't reward the upward path, what's the point. (Except if your goal as a promoter is just to get money off as many newbies as possible and ignore the rest....)

Money? You think this is about money? Well.....You're right!!

s2h
01-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I completely agree. I've known girls who were told to get softer and then they actually placed worse b/c they weren't comfortable on stage like that. Luckily, I've never been told that. I couldn't and wouldn't be able to let myself get softer!
Jen if you get a chance take a look at this girl i'm takn about(Taylor Mathney) at nationals.I talked to Dave P about her and he thinks she should stay in bikini because her waist is to wide for figure,but her waist is smaller than the girls who won??I mean the girl who won ,not tryn to dog her but she looks like she just walked off the beach and entered the show,i even read where she said she couldnt believe she won,to me see looked like the average girl at the gym who does cardio 3 days a week,just doesnt make sense!

Elise
01-27-2010, 10:32 PM
It's alot of fun and I'm looking forward to hitting the stage again in 2010

jenfit
01-28-2010, 12:43 AM
s2h,
I personally think she looks great. It's very hard to tell when you are not there with the whole stage presence thing and just looking at pics. It's so, so subjective that a tiny difference separates 1st thru 10th in many cases. You will also hear diferent stories if you talk to different judges. I think she should still stick to bikini as long as she enjoys it mainly b/c of her size. She could work on posing to enhance her physique.
Jen

lilfitgirl
01-28-2010, 10:10 AM
i have another question...

how dramatic should my stage make-up be?
when i was in drama in high school our stage make-up was pretty exagerated due to the bright lights...is it the same idea for being on stage at competition?

jenfit
01-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Yes! The lights are very bright and wash you out if you don't hvae on enough makeup. In my profile pic I have on purple and bright pink eyeshadow and big fake eyelashes. Although you can't see much of it from the picture. You also need foundation to match your tan.
Jen

s2h
01-28-2010, 02:40 PM
s2h,
I personally think she looks great. It's very hard to tell when you are not there with the whole stage presence thing and just looking at pics. It's so, so subjective that a tiny difference separates 1st thru 10th in many cases. You will also hear diferent stories if you talk to different judges. I think she should still stick to bikini as long as she enjoys it mainly b/c of her size. She could work on posing to enhance her physique.
Jenthanks for checkn her out for me i will let her know your feed back!!!

lilfitgirl
01-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes! The lights are very bright and wash you out if you don't hvae on enough makeup. In my profile pic I have on purple and bright pink eyeshadow and big fake eyelashes. Although you can't see much of it from the picture. You also need foundation to match your tan.
Jen

ok well thankfully from bein in drama and in dance competitions in my life i have experience with stage make-up...which i dont mind at all cuz its kinda fun :)

lilfitgirl
01-31-2010, 11:37 AM
i have another question, i have seen some girls pull their hair to the side when they do their rear veiw stance and others they just leave it hang....
which would be better to pull my hair to the side, or just leave it hang there?

Wolfpack
01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
I mean the girl who won ,not tryn to dog her but she looks like she just walked off the beach and entered the show,i even read where she said she couldnt believe she won,to me see looked like the average girl at the gym who does cardio 3 days a week,just doesnt make sense!

That's how they're suppose to look. My sister is a judge in Ohio. At the judges meeting at the beginning of the year last year, someone asked, "How are the bikini girls suppose to look?" The answer, "Like they don't workout."

stephaniewicked
01-31-2010, 01:03 PM
i have another question, i have seen some girls pull their hair to the side when they do their rear veiw stance and others they just leave it hang....
which would be better to pull my hair to the side, or just leave it hang there?

I don't know if the judges have a preference, but I have long hair and I pulled it to the side. I think it gives a better overall view from the back. I personally think the hair detracts from the look because it gets in the way of seeing the whole package, but that's just my opinion.

That's how they're suppose to look. My sister is a judge in Ohio. At the judges meeting at the beginning of the year last year, someone asked, "How are the bikini girls suppose to look?" The answer, "Like they don't workout."

That's bullshit. I'm so sick of hearing people bash bikini because the girls don't have big muscles. Clearly that means we "don't workout". Anyone who spends a day with me and sees me training would clearly disagree. I'm sure Jen here and Alea Suarez, who was featured in the women's section last week, would argue those comments also. THOSE are role models for the bikini division... diet and training are part of a FIT lifestyle, which is what this division represents. And the girls that look best DO have muscle and DO lift... they aren't "skinny fat".

Not trying to attack you personally Wolf, so I apologize for coming across that way because it has been said many times before, but I just felt the need to address this... I believe the look of the bikini class has developed some criteria since it debuted last year... and working out is definitely a pre-requisite for being successful. Look at the figure pros who are switching to bikini... Sonia Gonzales, Alicia Marie... that has to say something about the look and direction that this class is going in, no?

lilfitgirl
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't know if the judges have a preference, but I have long hair and I pulled it to the side. I think it gives a better overall view from the back. I personally think the hair detracts from the look because it gets in the way of seeing the whole package, but that's just my opinion.

That's bullshit. I'm so sick of hearing people bash bikini because the girls don't have big muscles. Clearly that means we "don't workout". Anyone who spends a day with me and sees me training would clearly disagree. I'm sure Jen here and Alea Suarez, who was featured in the women's section last week, would argue those comments also. THOSE are role models for the bikini division... diet and training are part of a FIT lifestyle, which is what this division represents. And the girls that look best DO have muscle and DO lift... they aren't "skinny fat".

Not trying to attack you personally Wolf, so I apologize for coming across that way because it has been said many times before, but I just felt the need to address this... I believe the look of the bikini class has developed some criteria since it debuted last year... and working out is definitely a pre-requisite for being successful. Look at the figure pros who are switching to bikini... Sonia Gonzales, Alicia Marie... that has to say something about the look and direction that this class is going in, no?

to quote 1:
ok, thats what i have been doing in my progress pics neway is pulling my hair to the side so you can see my whole back

to quote 2:
A-fricken-MEN sista!!!!!!
i lift 5 days a week and do low-rate cardio 7 days a week along with a strict diet and im doing bikini, my muscles arent big but they are there...even if the judges think bikini girls should look as though they dont workout i REFUSE to look like a 'skinny fat girl'!!! what is the challenge in that!? :cloud:

the girls i admire in bikini have some muscle definition with a harder look...not as hard as figure but you can still tell they spend time in the gym!

Melissa
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
While I have to admit that I was guilty of scoffing at the initial inception of bikini, I think that the whole "look like they don't workout" concept is all relative. Relative to bodybuilders, yeah, bikini girls might look like they don't workout. Buuuut, in defense of bikini girls, having abs and a tight butt/legs does take some work (of course there are bikini girls that don't have this look, but I've also seen male and female bodybuilders who don't necessarily look like they workout all that hard or have dieted properly for a show). Bikini girls may not be in the gym hammering away on super heavy dead lifts or squats, but it can't be deined that some weight training is required for the tight, shapely physique that is the ideal for bikini.

In this sport, you kind of have to let your physique guide what division you compete in. For example, there is no way in hell that I could EVER compete in bikini, and not because I don't want to stop building muscle. I just happened to have a decent muscular base from playing sports all my life, but more importantly, I don't have the shape that's ideal for bikini (in addition to my complete lack of swagger). And I know there are other women out there who would have the same problem as me and choose to compete in figure or bodybuilding instead.

sassy69
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Well, to Wolf's point, HE's not shitting on bikini - he's simply relaying a piece of information that came from a judge (granted, hearsay, but still pretty close to the source).

Everything I've heard in terms of wtf "Bikini" is, I hear "figure w/ no muscles".

Welcome to the nature of women's physique.... its all subjective & very relative. :)

jenfit
01-31-2010, 05:23 PM
To lilfitgirl about the hair--I think if it isvery long then pull it away from your back. I always used to for figure b/c it was necessary, but don't for bikini b/c mine barely stays over my shoulder and they are not looking for flexing muscles.

As for the "bikini physique", it does depend on who you talk to. I've heard judges say that they want someone does look like they workout, but don't have excessive size or leanness. I am someone who DOES workout at high intensity and with heavy weights. I used to do figure, but I was never big enough. So now I don't train any differently.The only thing different is that my diet is not as exterem b/c we are not suppose to be extremely lean. My body is best suited for bikini, so I was thrilled with the new division.

sassy69
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
^^ Again welcome to women's physique - there is no consistent answer with regard to ANY of the categories as to "what they want". Therefore IMO its better to go for what YOU want first.

lilfitgirl
01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
To lilfitgirl about the hair--I think if it isvery long then pull it away from your back. I always used to for figure b/c it was necessary, but don't for bikini b/c mine barely stays over my shoulder and they are not looking for flexing muscles.

As for the "bikini physique", it does depend on who you talk to. I've heard judges say that they want someone does look like they workout, but don't have excessive size or leanness. I am someone who DOES workout at high intensity and with heavy weights. I used to do figure, but I was never big enough. So now I don't train any differently.The only thing different is that my diet is not as exterem b/c we are not suppose to be extremely lean. My body is best suited for bikini, so I was thrilled with the new division.

this is my issue so far, i train hard, but i do not have large enough muscles to even think about competing in figure and also the fact that my back is shaped like an 'S' unless I stand a certain way is another issue of competing in figure...so I will stick with bikini
i also think that having a good understanding of stage presence an poise from previous experiences i could excell in the division :) (hopefully)

jenfit
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes, the stage presence an poise is HUGE in this division. I think it is the main reason people are baffled with the judges choices when just going by physique.

sassy69
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes, the stage presence an poise is HUGE in this division. I think it is the main reason people are baffled with the judges choices when just going by physique.

I would like to see something like a standard pose / stance w/ this division - if its supposed to be like FAME then say its supposed to be like FAME. I've seen some shows last year where whole Bikini category was subject to cat calls from the audience (w/ some of the girls shaking some serious booty) which IMO turned the stage that I had just several weight classes of men & women go thru orderly and standard physique presentations, into a hooker line up at a brothel. It really kinda turned my stomach. I think this stuff has the potential to be a great show, what to compare it to? Miss America? In terms of presentation ("poise"), than a wet t-shirt contest. Some more formal definition both to the competitors & the judges could go a long way.

lilfitgirl
02-01-2010, 11:58 PM
eww i cant believe that even happened!?

when i think of poise i think walking gracefully with good posture and a nice smile to go along with it and stage presence as showing you are confident in yourself BUT who really knows

Ibarramedia
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/5/633798368151603500-tonedbody.jpg (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/./?id=56937)

I found this pic of Tiffany Taylor. What do you all think of her physique? Good bad? Yea or Nay?

sassy69
02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/5/633798368151603500-tonedbody.jpg (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/./?id=56937)

I found this pic of Tiffany Taylor. What do you all think of her physique? Good bad? Yea or Nay?

For what purpose? If you asked me I'd say she needs some meat on her arms. How do you "tone" w/ stick arms?

Ibarramedia
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
For Bikini not FBB or Figure. Found the pic by accident. Seems to have some semblance of abs but not 'too muscular' to be too much for bikini. If You don't like it, my bad then. Just asking....

sassy69
02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
For Bikini not FBB or Figure. Found the pic by accident. Seems to have some semblance of abs but not 'too muscular' to be too much for bikini. If You don't like it, my bad then. Just asking....

LOL -- I"m the hardass > 40 FBB here. I'm still gagging on the term "toned".

If they want "no muscle" for bikini - she's their girl. I personally find women w/ stick arms & weak shoulders to be creepy, but that's just me :) I'm probably not the best person to ask.

Ibarramedia
02-02-2010, 08:59 PM
LOL -- I"m the hardass > 40 FBB here. I'm still gagging on the term "toned".

If they want "no muscle" for bikini - she's their girl. I personally find women w/ stick arms & weak shoulders to be creepy, but that's just me :) I'm probably not the best person to ask.

I love hardcore FBBs too. Since there is a bikini division and she seemed bettter than skinny,twiggy girls out there I thought she might be good. Otherwise, I would not even pay attention to her.

lilfitgirl
02-02-2010, 09:40 PM
i think Jessica Ann Lawrence has a nice bikini look to her...she not 'too muscular' but she deff. has lines and definition that show she hits the gym and diets down

http://http://i45.tinypic.com/s4vvp4.jpg
http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/site/wp-content/uploads/6809-jessicalawrence21.jpg

Ibarramedia
02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/site/wp-content/uploads/6809-jessicalawrence21.jpg

I know about Jessica Lawrence. She is cool.

sassy69
02-03-2010, 12:24 AM
^^ This at least looks like something. If you want to reward big boobs and skinny chicks, I'd really rather see that confined to Hawaiian Tropic. IMO has no place on a physique stage.

lilfitgirl
02-03-2010, 12:38 AM
and agian my point is i am entering this and i think this is what it should be
skrawny girls who r scared of a 2lb dumbell shouldnt b up there i agree
all of u people would prolly look at me and think "she doesnt lift" cuz my muscles just arent that developed, when in fact i do!?
must we all just assume things!?

sassy69
02-03-2010, 01:10 AM
People assume all sorts of things - the only thing that matters is what you think & what you do.

lilfitgirl
02-10-2010, 11:20 PM
ok so i have decided to do JanTana self tanner to make sure that i am dark enough for the stage lights...for those girls who have competed in bikini, did you do one or two layers of self tanner
(i was going to have them spray me at the show, but i am a broke college student so i need to cut corners where i can)

lilfitgirl
02-10-2010, 11:22 PM
i am anxious for my bikini and heels to come in the mail so i can put it all on and really start getting my walking and posing down

5.5 weeks to go...im gettin nervous!!!

herekittykitty
02-10-2010, 11:38 PM
^^ This at least looks like something. If you want to reward big boobs and skinny chicks, I'd really rather see that confined to Hawaiian Tropic. IMO has no place on a physique stage.

OMG. This completely describes my feelings on this subject... only I was never able to quite put it into words LOL Thank you for that!

herekittykitty
02-10-2010, 11:44 PM

I think the "abs" come from supporting her posture (if ya know what I mean) :bouncy:... lol

lilfitgirl
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
got my suit and heels in the mail the other day and have been practicing my walking and posing...they heels are a challenge to walk in for someone who never ever wears heels! lol

i was wondering if the bikini competitors could give me some advice on a list of items to bring with me the day of competition? i have a general idea, but random things that arent always thaught of would be nice to know of in advanced :)

jaydhee1
02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Question: what does the typical bikini competitor do for precontest prep? Like 1 and 2 out?

sassy69
02-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Question: what does the typical bikini competitor do for precontest prep? Like 1 and 2 out?

1 and 2 WHAT out?

Suzanne
02-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I personally find women w/ stick arms & weak shoulders to be creepy, but that's just me :) I'm probably not the best person to ask.

thats a really good description

baronsrugby
02-16-2010, 12:51 AM
The chick in the toned pic is hot.

The pic of Jessica is hotter.

That's just a personal preference.

jaydhee1
02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
1 and 2 WHAT out?

1 and 2 weeks...sorry

lilfitgirl
02-19-2010, 11:52 PM
well im preppin for bikini and ill be on diet a total of 13 weeks for my contest >:)

the other girl under my trainer will also be on a long term prep

lilfitgirl
02-20-2010, 12:01 AM
and yes i mean a legit contest prep diet full of egg whites, chicken breast and green beans!

im exactly 4 weeks out from the NPC Natural Ohio!!!!

cat
02-25-2010, 06:31 PM
For what purpose? If you asked me I'd say she needs some meat on her arms. How do you "tone" w/ stick arms?

I've cleaned my teeth with toothpicks thicker than those arms...;)

Musclepapa John
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM

The biggest most consistent thing I noticed from bikini from about 20 shows I attended last year was the standardization of the back pose, with legs apart, pelvis dropped forward and a seductive look over the shoulder while flashing the butterfly cut bikini bottom and some glorious butts. Quite a few of these girls turned pro. As a single man I loved the show and if those girls didn't workout they certainly could probably find a willing workout partner or two from the audience members.
With the suit change requirements it should be interesting to see how the trend goes this year. There might should be a no-dropping-your-pelvis in the back pose while looking over your shoulder rule. :p

Whatever though as I'll be there to record the memories regardless of whether they are wearing turtle-neck sweaters or next to nothing at all. Someone has to do it.

sassy69
02-26-2010, 01:37 AM
The biggest most consistent thing I noticed from bikini from about 20 shows I attended last year was the standardization of the back pose, with legs apart, pelvis dropped forward and a seductive look over the shoulder while flashing the butterfly cut bikini bottom and some glorious butts. Quite a few of these girls turned pro. As a single man I loved the show and if those girls didn't workout they certainly could probably find a willing workout partner or two from the audience members.
With the suit change requirements it should be interesting to see how the trend goes this year. There might should be a no-dropping-your-pelvis in the back pose while looking over your shoulder rule. :p

Whatever though as I'll be there to record the memories regardless of whether they are wearing turtle-neck sweaters or next to nothing at all. Someone has to do it.

I want to call something out that really bothers me.... every bikini competitor out there will tell you all day long about their diet & training regimen. In fact, IMO the only major difference between bikini, figure & FBB are the degree of time spent BUILDING the mass. Since mass isn't important for Bikini, fine, the cut is the only really relevant part. Its a matter of degrees, and the judging criteria, even if you think its squishy, is still reasonably-well defined in terms of the amount of muscle they are looking at.

But, with all due respect, even in jest, have you heard one guy comment on the PHYSIQUE that any of the bikini girls have worked so hard for? I don't hear all that work getting recognized & rewarded. Frankly all I heard is how great the tits & ass are. I REALLY don't want to see this category reduced to that. This is a big reason I'd like to some formal poses defined and the suit thing... come on. The NPC already has clearly defined guidelines on appropriate suit dimensions. Just because someone came up w/ a new type of bikini does NOT mean they should be able to get away w/ a friggen string up the butt. This should've been identified & called out as soon as someone showed up w/ one of those suits. This is already well defined.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Missy Coles, Team Bombshell: Butterfly cut bottom & "dropped pelvis pose".

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Amanda Procida, Team Bombshell: Butterfly cut, dropped pelvis & suggestive look over shoulder.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Kira Rivera Team Bombshell: Butterfly cut, dropped pelvis & suggestive look over shoulder.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Missy Coles exhibiting the extra wide stance with butterfly cut suit and dropped pelvis. Extra points possible for expanded view of certain soft tissue:yep:

Team mate Amanda next to her sporting butterfly and tag teaming in rotation the dropped pelvis strategy per advanced training at Team Bombshell.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Trina Goosby Team Bombshell: Butterfly cut, dropped pelvis & swing as she had her own style having competed in figure and been a model for years prior to advanced bikini training with the team.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Prodigy Nathalia Moreira Team Bombshell: Butterfly cut, dropped pelvis & suggestive look over shoulder. Nathalia was so expert at hitting the posing and "the look" that after winning the overall bikini title in the NPC Ft. Lauderdale Cup also promoted by Team Bombshell owner Shannon Dey whose also the Florida Chairwoman of Fitness & Figure that she was awarded IFBB Pro Status as a representative of Brazil.

The suits, posing and placings don't occur by accident. Find out what is required to win and get on board. This is an unpaid commercial advertisement for Team Bombshell.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 08:09 AM
This strategy is so technical and Nathalia so advanced I neglected to describe all her deployed skills that included the extra wide stance display of important soft tissue along with her "Butterfly cut, dropped pelvis & suggestive look over shoulder." We need a manual for qualifying the importance of all the technical aspects of the winning strategy.

Prodigy Nathalia Moreira Team Bombshell: Butterfly cut, dropped pelvis & suggestive look over shoulder. Nathalia was so expert at hitting the posing and "the look" that after winning the overall bikini title in the NPC Ft. Lauderdale Cup also promoted by Team Bombshell owner Shannon Dey whose also the Florida Chairwoman of Fitness & Figure that she was awarded IFBB Pro Status as a representative of Brazil.

The suits, posing and placings don't occur by accident. Find out what is required to win and get on board. This is an unpaid commercial advertisement for Team Bombshell.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Additional technical points achieved with pleasing presentation of breast tissue from back pose in addition to the points already achieved with deployment of 1)butterfly cut, 2)dropped pelvis & 3)suggestive look over shoulder. Not certain, but Kira may also have gained bonus points for wide stance considering she is short class.

Kira Rivera Team Bombshell: Butterfly cut, dropped pelvis & suggestive look over shoulder.

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
So Jen,
Are the last few posts I've made demonstrating the typical presentation by the most winning team in NPC Bikini, that converted the most number of competitors to pros what you have experienced elsewhere in other federations? Would you agree with my description of the strategy in producing a winning presentation?

Anyone out there competing in the new bikini division? If you have any questions ask away...

sassy69
02-26-2010, 09:32 PM
^^ That's a pretty deep analysis there MPJ!

Musclepapa John
02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I recall from one of Dave & John's Muscle Mob shows a few years ago when Dave said something to the effect of "I've seen so many bodies that I look at them dispassionately like a doctor now." The letter that went out to the various NPC Chairs regarding the new rule requiring greater coverage across the glutes was not nearly sufficient to address the highly developed strategy of bikini team organizers that are the force driving the posing presentation of the women. As a result there have likely already been adjustments to the strategy for instance more reliance on the dropped pelvis coupled with wide stance and possible greater reliance on presenting where possible breast tissue as the competitor turns and looks adoringly back at the judges. Then make sure to greet the judges between prejudging and the evening show and possibly rubbing some of that soft tissue,...well I'll tell you more later, but you have to come to training camp and there are only four openings remaining! So what are you waiting for? Sign up soon.;)

^^ That's a pretty deep analysis there MPJ!

Musclepapa John
02-27-2010, 12:15 AM

I believe the presentation was key in the first year of NPC bikini and the advancement of women into the pro ranks.

sassy69
02-27-2010, 12:59 AM
I recall from one of Dave & John's Muscle Mob shows a few years ago when Dave said something to the effect of "I've seen so many bodies that I look at them dispassionately like a doctor now." The letter that went out to the various NPC Chairs regarding the new rule requiring greater coverage across the glutes was not nearly sufficient to address the highly developed strategy of bikini team organizers that are the force driving the posing presentation of the women. As a result there have likely already been adjustments to the strategy for instance more reliance on the dropped pelvis coupled with wide stance and possible greater reliance on presenting where possible breast tissue as the competitor turns and looks adoringly back at the judges. Then make sure to greet the judges between prejudging and the evening show and possibly rubbing some of that soft tissue,...well I'll tell you more later, but you have to come to training camp and there are only four openings remaining! So what are you waiting for? Sign up soon.;)

I think I'm too big for bikini.

I'm going to hold my comments on what all that strategizing says about how objective and "criteria-filled" these competitions are.

Lann1011
02-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Why hasn't the NPC ever put out guidelines for the judges???? How can you judge when you do not know WHAT you are looking at or for?

sassy69
02-27-2010, 03:45 AM
Why hasn't the NPC ever put out guidelines for the judges???? How can you judge when you do not know WHAT you are looking at or for?

THAT is the $64,000 question!

Lann1011
02-28-2010, 02:17 AM
How many years did it take for Figure guidelines for judging to come out..

sassy69
02-28-2010, 03:21 AM
How many years did it take for Figure guidelines for judging to come out..

I'm sure they start w/ the basic concept but because there's nothing that is quantifiable to judge on, and they've changed "the look" so much over the years - from "best bikini body" to "best hard look" to "best delts & abs but not too big & hard" to "20% softer" whatever the hell that is to IMO pretty squishy, at least at the local level, and still not particularly impressive at the national level. Pro level looks better.

So i guess to your point, there are guidelines established but how stable & consistent they are, as well as how consistently they are applied show to show, its still pretty squishy.

Musclepapa John
04-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Best advice for those wanting to win is follow the example of the winners yes? Shop for the right trainers and shows and get'er done:wiggle:

I'm sure they start w/ the basic concept but because there's nothing that is quantifiable to judge on, and they've changed "the look" so much over the years - from "best bikini body" to "best hard look" to "best delts & abs but not too big & hard" to "20% softer" whatever the hell that is to IMO pretty squishy, at least at the local level, and still not particularly impressive at the national level. Pro level looks better.

So i guess to your point, there are guidelines established but how stable & consistent they are, as well as how consistently they are applied show to show, its still pretty squishy.

lilfitgirl
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
sooo been a long fricken time since i last posted on here:

went to lakewood, ohio for the NPC Natural Ohio and took 5th out of 15 girls in my class (bikini short) march 20, 2010

went to toledo, ohio for the NPC Julie Palmer showdown and took 6th out of 9 girls in my class (bikini short) may 29, 2010

now im prepping for the NPC Natural Northern USA in lakewood, ohio October 2, 2010
im goin at it harder then ever before because i want that top 3!

to continue discussion of the team bombshell...team bombshell completely tore it up at the NPC Junior Nationals!!! i watched as many videos as possible of that show and am going to try and take some of that attitude and use it on stage...thats somethin i deff. need to work on!

brittanyandtimmy
07-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Ill also be competiting in the NPC natural ohio!! Im 5'6". Best of luck girl!!!

lilfitgirl
07-13-2010, 10:48 AM
so will you be in tall class then? ... medium is 5'4" up to 5'6" ill be in the short class im 5'3"

thats awesome, then i will see u there!

good luck with the training!

brittanyandtimmy
07-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I thought tall was over 5'6". Im a tad under 5'6"

Damien Myers
07-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Well I actually was asked a question at the gym yesterday and figured I would come here for suggestions. A girl from class was interested in entering an npc event in the bikini division but wanted to know what stores or websites would carry those specific suits.

Any websites would be a great help

Thanks again

kentuckyslim
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi Damien,

I got my suit from chynnadolls.com, you can also check suitsyouswimwear.com, peachbuns.com, and malibustrings.com, among others.

Honestly, she can always take an off-the rack suit from anywhere and have an alterations specialist "scrunch" the butt with elastic. Or she might be able to find something at the suit exchange here on the forums....

mblake8
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
What is a good bf% to aim for in bikini ?

sassy69
08-05-2010, 06:48 PM
What is a good bf% to aim for in bikini ?

Probably 10-14% but it would matter more how you "wear" it.

kentuckyslim
08-09-2010, 08:26 AM
This past Saturday I competed in my first bikini competition at the Kentucky State Bodybuilding, Figure & Bikini Championship, and I took first in my class and second overall! It was such a great experience, and really a well-run show at a GREAT venue.

Thanks to my coaches Jeff and Angi Schuerman, Gene Goode for promoting a great show, the judges and show staff, Marilyn and Libby at Liquid Sun Rayz, and all the competitors who made my first show so much fun!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs189.snc4/37786_744150494611_33002157_40537008_4355488_n.jpg

RealLilSwole
08-09-2010, 09:15 AM
This past Saturday I competed in my first bikini competition at the Kentucky State Bodybuilding, Figure & Bikini Championship, and I took first in my class and second overall! It was such a great experience, and really a well-run show at a GREAT venue.

Thanks to my coaches Jeff and Angi Schuerman, Gene Goode for promoting a great show, the judges and show staff, Marilyn and Libby at Liquid Sun Rayz, and all the competitors who made my first show so much fun!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs189.snc4/37786_744150494611_33002157_40537008_4355488_n.jpg

I was there! And you looked great!! Congrats on a job well done!

kentuckyslim
08-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Thank you! I'm glad I entered a small state show first, I was sooooo nervous, especially in prejudging. I'm hungry for an overall now though, so I'm putting on a little size for the next few weeks and taking it to the stage at the Bluegrass. I assume you'll be at your home show in Lex! Hope to see you there ;)

mblake8
08-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Thank you! I'm glad I entered a small state show first, I was sooooo nervous, especially in prejudging. I'm hungry for an overall now though, so I'm putting on a little size for the next few weeks and taking it to the stage at the Bluegrass. I assume you'll be at your home show in Lex! Hope to see you there ;)
Congrats!

Why are you putting on size? Im new to the bikini thing...

kentuckyslim
08-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Well, from the feedback I received from the judges, it was a split decision for the overall between myself and the short class winner, and she won the deciding point based on the size of her shoulders and hams. I'm pretty tall and lean, so adding a little thickness to my frame might help me win at larger shows. :)

Ibarramedia
08-09-2010, 12:54 PM
How tall are you?

kentuckyslim
08-09-2010, 02:22 PM
5'10" on a good day. :)

RealLilSwole
08-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Actually, right now at this point I am also doing the show. I want to do it because the next weekend I am going to go to Nationals. I am hoping to win my class at the Bluegrass to stay qualified to do a national level show incase I don't make top 5 at nats.

I am usually the head female expeditor at the Bluegrass/

kentuckyslim
08-09-2010, 07:26 PM
You look awesome, I'm sure you'll do great at the Tricky! See you there :)

8itup
08-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Congrats KS:hot:

mmafitness
08-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Best diet and fitness for bikini body?

I know that crash dieting isn't altogether that healthy, so no lectures on that please.. but i really wan't to drop a dress size and look fabolous for june/july, i'm currently a size 12 (uk size, not sure what the american size is for that), any tips, suggestions welcome.. what has worked for you ?

mma fitness (http://mmafitnessplan.com)