PDA

View Full Version : diffrence between normal and shmoe

MBF
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I was wondering would be the difference between being a shmoe and just liking it or having a intrest in it. I dunno about you but I kinda feel bad for them I guess because I like it too. but Im not like wanting to be dominated or nothing like that (well mabye just a little bit)

MBF
01-29-2010, 12:50 AM
I don't mean to be bothering anyone its just I am curious to find out as Ive never asked like BB type people. I do not consider myself to be a shmoe but I still like/get turned on it.How is it so different from something like having a crush on kim kardashian and looking at her big butt if your into that. I wondered why if girls can like muscle on guys why not the other way around. I also have this interesting quote from the other forum:"I always find it funny how people would like to distance themselves from "other type of fans", thinking they are the nice ones and the other ones aren't as good as them...

"Oh, I don't do sessions, so I am better"

"Oh, I don't like to be scissored, so I am better"

Nope, you're not...We're all the same...Deal with it...""
(lol Im just rambling on kinda hoping I create an intelligent conversation here and like enligten some people and myself again not here to bother not here for anything fetish related just curious)

MsGuns
01-29-2010, 12:57 AM
A fan is normal and a schmoe is one that buys sessions...

AnglicanBeachParty
01-29-2010, 04:54 AM
I was wondering would be the difference between being a shmoe and just liking it or having a intrest in it.

I always find it funny how people would like to distance themselves from "other type of fans", thinking they are the nice ones and the other ones aren't as good as them...

"Oh, I don't do sessions, so I am better"

"Oh, I don't like to be scissored, so I am better"

Nope, you're not...We're all the same...Deal with it..."

It sounds more like you have the answer to your question, and want to share it with us.

tammyp
01-29-2010, 06:11 AM
A fan is normal and a schmoe is one that buys sessions...

or better yet, wants all that stuff for free.

Jodie
01-29-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm doing a cut and paste....so this is NOT my list. lol

Top 10 ways to spot a SCHMOE on bodyspace

1) Messages all the ladies in the top 6 constantly

2) Looks as if he couldn’t find a weight room, much less lift anything in it

3) Constantly makes small talk with every women who will give him any attention

4) calls every girl "hon" or "babe" or "sweetie" or "insert stupid pet name here"

5) Constantly trying to get anyone in the top 6 on their ‘program’

6) Constantly asked how a girls’ workout went, even though it’s quite obvious they have no idea what it means to workout

7) Anyone with a large amount of body hair who rubs oil on themselves and dons a G-string; wait that’s not a schmoe… that’s just straight up DELUSIONAL!

8) A married man who only has women as his friends and constantly makes small talk with each of them

9) Any man who uses the phrase "Keep pumping hard!"

10) Anyone who has left more than 3 comments on eurasiansurgeon’s bodyspace (hey the gals in good shape but read some of those comments and tell me they aren’t Schmoe worthy!"

Lee Penman
01-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Maybe I should do an interview with a Shmoe.......lol!!!

Jodie
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM
I agree!!

debbiebramwell
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM

4) calls every girl "hon" or "babe" or "sweetie" or "insert stupid pet name here"

6) Constantly asked how a girls’ workout went, even though it’s quite obvious they have no idea what it means to workout

7) Anyone with a large amount of body hair who rubs oil on themselves and dons a G-string; wait that’s not a schmoe… that’s just straight up DELUSIONAL!

8) A married man who only has women as his friends and constantly makes small talk with each of them

10) Anyone who has left more than 3 comments on eurasiansurgeon’s bodyspace (hey the gals in good shape but read some of those comments and tell me they aren’t Schmoe worthy!"

this list is funny but I dont agree with some of it. My husband calls woman hun alot but its a southern thing.(these woman arent neccasarily fit)I know married men who have lots of woman friends and have small talk with them(they arent neccasrily fit):p

debbiebramwell
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
this list is funny but I dont agree with some of it. My husband calls woman hun alot but its a southern thing.(these woman arent neccasarily fit)I know married men who have lots of woman friends and have small talk with them(they arent neccasrily fit):p

I didnt put that face up there on top left...lol i cant get rid of it

debbiebramwell
01-29-2010, 10:52 AM
I was wondering would be the difference between being a shmoe and just liking it or having a intrest in it. I dunno about you but I kinda feel bad for them I guess because I like it too. but Im not like wanting to be dominated or nothing like that (well mabye just a little bit)

who cares about the label. People get to hung up in them. I wouldnt worry about it.:)

Jodie
01-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Hence why I said it wasn't my list. I just copied it from somewhere. I don't think all of it applies but then think alot has been left off on what I would think a schmoe is.

Femphysiquefan
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
From the conversations I've had with people on line and elsewhere, there is considerable debate on this issue. One reason for this, I think, is that people tend to define a "schmoe" in different ways. Some say that EVERY guy is a "schmoe", no exceptions. Others, because of the negative connotations associated with the word "schmoe," take the term out of their vocabulary entirely and call EVERY guy a "fan." Still others make a distinction between the two (I fall into this category). It largely depends on who you're talking to. For example, in past discussions there are guys I know who have self-identified with the term "schmoe" whom I personally would NEVER use that term to describe them.

As to your finding serious muscles on a woman sexually attractive, as far as I'm concerned in and of itself there's nothing wrong with that at all. Finding muscular women sexy doesn't by itself make you a "schmoe:" it makes you nothing more than a straight GUY. Furthermore, as far as I'm concerned you're definitely not alone. Let's be real here. If you consider yourself a straight guy and call yourself an appreciator of female muscle, you appreciate it on a sexual level. And that is true of EVERY straight guy, "fan" and "schmoe" alike. I get a laugh from the straight guys who come on these forums and seemingly attempt to give the impression that the sexual level isn't part of the appeal at all; that it's strictly limited to the training, the dieting and nothing else. Who do they think they're kidding?? OF COURSE it's there, and in and of itself IMHO that's perfectly fine. The women shouldn't find that abhorrent, and the men shouldn't be ashamed to admit it. I've said it before publicly, and I'll say it again: female bodybuilders, figure, fitness and bikini competitors, from the top pros to your brand-spanking new amateurs, are hands-down the sexiest women alive and I have no problem and am not the least bit ashamed to admit that. I also don't consider myself today to be a "schmoe" in the least, and therein the debate begins.

As far as I'm concerned the difference between a "schmoe" and a "fan" is not so much in having an sexual appreciation towards muscular women as how prevalent that appreciation is and how that appreciation makes itself manifest in terms of behavior. By my definition, a "schmoe" is a guy whose sexual appreciation of muscular women, for whatever reason, is so prevalent that other levels of appreciation (athletic, aesthetic, personal) are either given token consideration at best or not considered at all. Furthermore, IMHO for the "schmoe" this sexual appreciation, regardless of the intentions of the "schmoe," ultimately manifests itself in ways that not only prove to be disrespectful but also harmful, not only for the women but also for the entire community as a whole. A "fan," on the other hand, while appreciating female muscle on a sexual level also makes it a point to appreciate it on other levels as well (athletic, aesthetic, personal) and strives to find a balance between them. Also, this appreciation manifests itself in behavior that ultimately is not only decidedly more respectful towards the women, but also towards the community as a whole. I could say a LOT more on this topic, but I'll leave it here for now.

Now there are going to be those who contribute to this discussion who completely disagree with virtually everything I've said here (and with doubtless make that known), and that's fine. All of this has been my individual views and opinions on this subject, nothing more: take it or leave it. I don't claim perfection or expertise at all on this topic, and am more than willing to hear other views in regards to the fan/schmoe debate. In the end, MBF, from my POV you have to look at yourself and ask yourself in all honestly how exactly do you deal with your sexual attraction to muscular women. That will be the surest indicator as to whether you fall under the category of "fan" or "schmoe." And if it proves to be the latter, don't fret. At one time I was a "schmoe" for over two years, so if I can change my attitude and behavior, so can anyone if they so choose.

debbiebramwell
01-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Hence why I said it wasn't my list. I just copied it from somewhere. I don't think all of it applies but then think alot has been left off on what I would think a schmoe is.

I knew that wouldnt be your list even if you didnt share that. our list would be way different:p

G-Roy
01-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I think a schmoe is someone who borders obsession, while a normal guy just enjoys women with good physiques. For instance, I look at debbiebramwells avatar and think shes a beauty girl, while a schmoe would start PM'ing and put her as his desktop wallpaper.

Toniann
01-29-2010, 12:16 PM
I knew that wouldnt be your list even if you didnt share that. our list would be way different:p

As far as the list is concerned, do you need all 10 to be a shmoe or just 1? Lol

Jodie
01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
You know it. lol

debbiebramwell
01-29-2010, 12:31 PM
As far as the list is concerned, do you need all 10 to be a shmoe or just 1? Lol

actually I dont think that is a good list so I wouldnt use it..:) A fan of the sport loves the whole look. The will go to the shows and follow the contest results. A schmoe gets off on flexing muscles and will pay to see it and get off on it. Some schmoes will pay to wrestle a buff lady or get beat up and like being dominated. Some like the sensual side and enjoy touching flexed muscles and watching a flexing muscle.

I usually dated men who were neither fans of the sport(didnt know much about it) or schmoes. These men just love athletic curvy women and never once asked me to flex. They were men who loved a nice round butt and thick legs and never dated a fbbr before. I attracted the same men before I was a bbr as I did after. Its funny how certain fans are shocked that the men I dated never asked me to flex, they dont get that not all men look at it like that:plol

debbiebramwell
01-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I think a schmoe is someone who borders obsession, while a normal guy just enjoys women with good physiques. For instance, I look at debbiebramwells avatar and think shes a beauty girl, while a schmoe would start PM'ing and put her as his desktop wallpaper.

aww thank you ;)but you know I dont think using me as a desktop(so go ahead lol jk) or even pming me would make a man a schmoe.

Bryan Hildebrand
01-29-2010, 02:03 PM
so if I made her my wallpaper, but never contacted her... ;) kidding. I just love the look.

debbiebramwell
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
so if I made her my wallpaper, but never contacted her... ;) kidding. I just love the look.

that just makes you a smart man:)

tammyp
01-29-2010, 03:49 PM
i will get emails from men that are supportive, respectful and complimentary. these are fans.

then i get ..i want to be dominated, how much do you bench, curl etc..these are schmoes.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
i will get emails from men that are supportive, respectful and complimentary. these are fans.

then i get ..i want to be dominated, how much do you bench, curl etc..these are schmoes.

That's a great answer, Tammy!

MsGuns
01-29-2010, 07:09 PM
It sounds more like you have the answer to your question, and want to share it with us.

I thought the same thing...

or better yet, wants all that stuff for free.

TRUE...or talk to you on IM or see you on CAM after you tell them NOOOO!

Interesting list...Hi Jodie!

I nominate the OP...lol

sounds about right to me...

lol just ONE...lol

True about the REAL fans and the schmoes always sound so pityful...

Sledge
01-29-2010, 07:11 PM
I was doing ok till number 7 on the list. Damn.

I have walnuts Jodie;)

sassy69
01-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I was doing ok till number 7 on the list. Damn.

I have walnuts Jodie;)

Keep pumping hard! :yep:

whatdayaknow
01-29-2010, 08:06 PM
probably a schmoe to begin with to ask that question

tammyp
01-30-2010, 06:45 AM
i dont even mind schmoes as long as they are respectful.

and i love these: i am your biggest fan ever...bla bla the whole i support wbbing and love your look...can your #1 fan have a FREE signed pic? when you tell them i really need you to purchase one since they are $$ and that would show your true support, you never hear from them again.

MsGuns
01-30-2010, 12:01 PM
i dont even mind schmoes as long as they are respectful.

and i love these: i am your biggest fan ever...bla bla the whole i support wbbing and love your look...can your #1 fan have a FREE signed pic? when you tell them i really need you to purchase one since they are $$ and that would show your true support, you never hear from them again.

So true Tammy...
Ive had 2 fans actually pay and they check on me weekly...

baronsrugby
01-30-2010, 07:43 PM
I keep most of my thoughts about female bodybuilders inside my head. Does that make me a schmoe? I don't know. I've never been to a contest and probably won't in the near future. I'd actually think that going to one would put you more into the schmoe category, then again I don't know. Suffice to say, my picture of the schmoe is some 98lb guy who dreams of feeling women's biceps and being weaker, which is, obviously, a fantasy and not reality. Not to say there aren't any strong women out there, but women don't typically care as much about numbers as us guys do.

Truth is, I find lots of different types of women beautiful. Fitness and bodybuilder girls do it more for me though. I wish I could say why but I can't.

Curt James
01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
I was wondering would be the difference between being a shmoe and just liking it or having a interest in it.

Shmoe is just a nickname. It can be considered pejorative or insulting depending on a person's perspective.

Semantics.

If you creep someone out then you're probably going to be called a schmoe.

On an Internet site, if you disagree with someone then you're also probably going to hear "Schmoe!"

Or there's this, too.

schmo or schmoe also shmo
n. pl. schmoes also shmoes Slang
A stupid or obnoxious person.
[From Yiddish shmok, penis, fool; see schmuck.]

Tre
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm a former schmoe and was always respectful, even when some women didn't deserve it (oh, the stories I could tell).

In addition to enjoying life as a bodybuilding groupie, I run my own business, I travel, I write, I cook, I watch old movies, and I even make time to work out a few times a week myself. I'm also Dad to a beautiful 7-year-old who is the center of my universe and love playing sports with her. The balance in my life works for me, but may not be suitable for anyone else...like a former spouse, for example.

My female friends and I talk about our lifts as a way of encouraging one another. If that causes any arousal either way, so the fuck what? We're just trying to get stronger and if there's a sexual benefit, BONUS! lol

For those of you who obsess over definitions :rolleyes:, however, in bodybuilding terms, a 'schmoe' is someone - male or female - who likes muscle on a man, on a woman, or on both.

debbiebramwell
02-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm a former schmoe and was always respectful, even when some women didn't deserve it (oh, the stories I could tell).

In addition to enjoying life as a bodybuilding groupie, I run my own business, I travel, I write, I cook, I watch old movies, and I even make time to work out a few times a week myself. I'm also Dad to a beautiful 7-year-old who is the center of my universe and love playing sports with her. The balance in my life works for me, but may not be suitable for anyone else...like a former spouse, for example.

My female friends and I talk about our lifts as a way of encouraging one another. If that causes any arousal either way, so the fuck what? We're just trying to get stronger and if there's a sexual benefit, BONUS! lol

For those of you who obsess over definitions :rolleyes:, however, in bodybuilding terms, a 'schmoe' is someone - male or female - who likes muscle on a man, on a woman, or on both.

I cant believe your daughter is 7!! Wow times flies. I will never forget meeting you for the first time at that show and taking the first pics ever in front of a camera. You have always been someone I adored.:hmn:

AnglicanBeachParty
02-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Given this definition, how are you a former schmoe? Don't you like muscle any more?

Ibarramedia
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm a schmoe and was always respectful, even when some women didn't deserve it (oh, the stories I could tell).

Fixed.

Ibarramedia
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Given this definition, how are you a former schmoe? Don't you like muscle any more?

I and a few of our forum 'friends' think that is Tre's latest gimmick which has been going on since he came back from Italy covering the world's. And we just take it with grain of salt. Tre' is still cool though. No homo.

Allifit
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
who cares about the label. People get to hung up in them. I wouldnt worry about it.:)

:yep:I agree. It's too hard to try to define the difference between schmoe and a fan. To me, being a schmoe is just at the extreme end of being a fan- there are tons of fans of Britney Spears, but not every fan of Britney would scream shriek and cry and chase her down the street for a photo- but a crazed fan would. I sort of see schmoes as just crazed fans in their own right.

Tre
02-02-2010, 09:14 AM
I cant believe your daughter is 7!! Wow times flies. I will never forget meeting you for the first time at that show and taking the first pics ever in front of a camera. You have always been someone I adored.:hmn:
The feeling is totally mutual! :)

It is amazing how long it's been relative to how fast it's gone by. You and I have known each other almost 10 years and in another 10, I'll be sending Momo off to college. :flash:

Tre
02-02-2010, 09:16 AM
It's a little complicated, given that I actually *want* to be a schmoe, but it's just not there anymore.

Fixed.
Silly Ibarr!

Tre
02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
I and a few of our forum 'friends' think that is Tre's latest gimmick which has been going on since he came back from Italy covering the world's. And we just take it with grain of salt. Tre' is still cool though. No homo.
LOL @ no homo

I first began to notice a change when Brittums announced that she was leaving the sport, because I barely even reacted to the news. Anyone who knows me knows my bodybuilding sun rises and sets with Britt. Hell, she was even my #1 Myspace friend. I would never say I was happy to see her go, but there was no degree of sadness whatever.

Then there was the bikini show at Jr. Nationals. I walked in and was like, "Jigga what? This shit is hot!" Me? A fan of bikini? And not just a fan, but a *big* fan? Say it ain't so.

Then there was the move, er, trip to Italy. Coolest. Trip. Ever. As much as we both missed the gym, bodybuilding was the furthest thing from my mind. We were eating when I confessed that the love was gone...and my buddy just laughed at me. lol

Then there was the NPC Nationals, and I didn't even go to the show, an event that had been a 'can't miss' for me since 1999.

Some people say I'm just acting, but adding it all up, we're coming up on about 9 months now. It could very well just be a phase, but this isn't something I've ever experienced in my life.

I want my schmojo back, but for the time being at least, it's in absentia.
:sad:

baronsrugby
02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Schmoe is actually a term that was used to describe wrestling fans who believed that everything was real. In a sense, it gets a negative connotation, but I don't know.

I don't think female bodybuilding schmoes are crazed fans really. Maybe their world is focused narrowly on female bodybuilders, but is that really that much different than the guy who prefers the Victoria's Secret model? Some schmoes are crazed fans, but not every crazed fan is a schmoe.

Curt James
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
The term reminds me of the Lil Abner character.

http://web.mit.edu/amonlab/images/shmoo.jpg

http://www.futurehi.net/images/Shmoo_Final.gif

http://www.timewarptoys.com/shmoo.jpg
They can be devoted and supportive.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/news_images/4/41615_88069_1.jpg
But use caution when rejecting them!

http://www.wingnuttoons.com/flintschoo.jpg

Tre
02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
For the purposes of the discussion, if you want to limit the definition of 'schmoe' to guys who are into female muscle, that's fine.

I guess the bikini girls don't get to have schmoes and from the looks of things, the PTB are trying to eliminate schmoe interest in the figure girls, too. lol

AW
02-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I think a schmoe is one that is not interested in working out at all and emails female bodybuilders asking to wrestle.

Carolyn Bryant
02-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I love schmoes. They should have schmoe farms.

Melissa
02-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Ha! Would they be grown organically on these farms? Only grass-fed schmoes?

AnglicanBeachParty
02-03-2010, 09:06 PM

I'm a Free Range Schmoe. Statistically speaking, we are happier than those raised in confinement. :)

Ibarramedia
02-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm a Free Range Schmoe. Statistically speaking, we are happier than those raised in confinement. :)

That's a good one. Free range schmoe :beerbang:

Carolyn Bryant
02-03-2010, 11:03 PM

Yup. It shows.

Tre
02-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Ha! Would they be grown organically on these farms? Only grass-fed schmoes?

LOL @ GFS!!

LOL x2 @ ABP, the free range schmoe!

AW - I love working out, but also love to wrestle women. It's great foreplay, period.

:yep: