PDA

View Full Version : Implants & Heavy Chest Workouts

Tuffgirl410
01-29-2010, 12:49 PM
To the lovely ladies with implants....
Do you lift heavy still? I myself have had implants for about two or three years and enjoy going heavy during chest WO's. However I am sometimes worried that it may effect the look of my implants, since mine are under the muscle. Have any of you affected the way your implants look from lifting heavy?

Suzanne
01-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I did not do a lot of heavy chest after getting mine in 2002 but when i switched back to bbing in 2007 i need to bring my chest up.

I DO believe heavy chest work has affected the placement of my implants they are lower and wider

waiting to find the money tree so i can get new over the muscle implants

SallyAnne
01-29-2010, 12:54 PM
over or under?

Mine are over and I haven't noticed any movement, but I have heard that women who go under sometimes have theirs move toward the armpits...

Bryan Hildebrand
01-29-2010, 01:56 PM
if you dont mind a guys perspective... i really think the outward movement and lower position is primarily due to the hypertrophies effect on reduced range of motion. tightening at the sternal pec insertions is the primary cause. all women who train and have Unders really need to maintain excellent flexability in their shoulders and intercostals to avoid it. I have several ladies who have unders and came to me with wide to very wide placement implants. all of them had very poor (for a woman) range of motion. one has had corrective surgery and reduced by 50cc's. she is too post-op to train heavy yet, but she is happy with her new placement.

Suzanne
01-29-2010, 04:03 PM
if you dont mind a guys perspective... i really think the outward movement and lower position is primarily due to the hypertrophies effect on reduced range of motion. tightening at the sternal pec insertions is the primary cause. all women who train and have Unders really need to maintain excellent flexability in their shoulders and intercostals to avoid it. I have several ladies who have unders and came to me with wide to very wide placement implants. all of them had very poor (for a woman) range of motion. one has had corrective surgery and reduced by 50cc's. she is too post-op to train heavy yet, but she is happy with her new placement.

i stretch shoulder and pecs ALL the time after almost every upper body part i train so a good 4-5 times a week and have horrible range of motion so stretching isn't

Tuffgirl410
01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Hmmm this is what I had expected :(
I asked my surgeon about a year ago and he did say that as the muscle thickens, the muscle will create more pressure on the implant causing it to be slightly compressed and more separated.
Thank you for sharing your experiences!

JillyRev
02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
im over and havent had any problem at all. but then again i never lifted "heavy" for chest anyway...

Tami Bellon
02-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Over as well with no problems going heavy. I have read as well that the movement seems to come with under the muscle.

ripcurlgirl
02-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I DO believe heavy chest work has affected the placement of my implants they are lower and wider

waiting to find the money tree so i can get new over the muscle implants[/quote]

I'm with you on this, mine are lower and wider - as a result, my front lat spread is all boobs..

barbellbarbie
02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
i have had my implants for 11 years and i lift heavier now than preimplant. it doesnt effect my training in any way

mine are under the muscle. when i get them upgraded i will go over but the reason is purely cosmetic. now that i actually have chest muscle the implans move when i flex my chest.. i dont like the look of it

LainaJ
02-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I have had my twins for about 7 years and they have stayed put even with heavy chest work outs.

Elise
02-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey girl,
I work for a plastic surgeon, Dr. Fiorillo. He is the new doctor who is going to be featured on this site, it's definitly better to train lighter if you are under the muscle. For someone who lifts heavy it's better to go over the muscle.
www.drfiorillo.com (http://www.drfiorillo.com)
Also if you have any questions just give me ring.