PDA

View Full Version : A little Extra

McLaug
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I just finished my workout and started to mix my protein when suddenly I remembered an old article about training the "Sandal-Movie"-Heroes like
Steve Reeves. Their Coach talked about huge amounts of eggs and streams of fresh cream which he fed to those guys. Mh, they looked great,..so, I added a good portion of fresh cream to my peanut-flavoured Whey. How shall I describe it...maybe...wrapping your tastebuds into a soft cloak made of pure bliss ? Right, that comes close. Cleopatra must have felt this way after a week-long bath in warm donkey-milk.

Do you allow yourself sometimes "a little extra" (foodwise) after a hard
Workout, or are you firm and always stick to your diet ?
Please tell me that I'm NOT the only one who likes to munch.

Conrad
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
For the most part, I stick to the diet. But when my body is telling me to eat more, I listen and I eat more. Sometimes, it is good to listen to your body.

Wolfstriked
01-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I drink a half pint of heavy cream per day sweetened with splenda.Its freakin heaven man!:drool:

ArabMuscle
01-30-2010, 08:36 AM
I just finished my workout and started to mix my protein when suddenly I remembered an old article about training the "Sandal-Movie"-Heroes like
Steve Reeves. Their Coach talked about huge amounts of eggs and streams of fresh cream which he fed to those guys. Mh, they looked great,..so, I added a good portion of fresh cream to my peanut-flavoured Whey. How shall I describe it...maybe...wrapping your tastebuds into a soft cloak made of pure bliss ? Right, that comes close. Cleopatra must have felt this way after a week-long bath in warm donkey-milk.

Don't confuse "what my body tells me to do" with cravings. Unless you've perfected instinctive training and nutrition, then any extra calories you consume might hinder you if you're dieting.

For that "little extra", I plan them on heavy high volume days. I cut out my often-used carb source (Waxy Maize) and substitute it with A LOT of waffles and syrup.

Other than that, I just go crazy with my cheat meal.

DBowden
01-30-2010, 09:49 AM

I stick to my diet post workout.
I sometimes throw in a cheat meal once a week.