PDA

View Full Version : Any Input Appreciated....

maxxmuscle
01-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Height 5 feet 6 inches.Weight in these pics 197 lbs ( Pics taken 1 week out from contest first thing in AM after a week of very low carbs,so im very flat ) Weclome any input on what i can improve on....Which Bodyparts,Posing ? Thanks...

maxxmuscle
01-30-2010, 10:25 AM
More...Last 2 pics are from contest day where i think i came in a little too heavy.Pushed the carb up too far maybe... :( I weighed around 200 - 202

tammyp
01-30-2010, 10:38 AM
good conditioning and symmetry! if you are going to national level i would suggest adding a few more pounds of muscle to fill out a bit more.

maxxmuscle
01-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the input.Gonna push for another 5lbs or so this year.I have a pretty small frame and dont want to push for bodyweight just for the sake of it...

How many lbs of tissue do you think i would need to progress to the next level ?

holyintellect
01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Great job! Conditioning is great, and you've got some impressive bodyparts...

I totally agree that in order to really go to the next level, its going to simply be adding a few pounds to what is already a great physique...

BTW, I realize that the judging varies from state to state, but your side poses are "technically" wrong...according to the rules, your head and feet must face the same direction, and your arms must BE AT YOUR SIDE. No arm in front, and no arm in the rear....once you play with it and find the sweet spot, it will actually make your arms look better...

tammyp
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
jim rockell is usually the head judge and he is super strict on the arm thing. ive seen him single guys out of the line up ...

i cant really say a number. 5 to 8 lbs can be huge for someone 5 6. good luck!

maxxmuscle
01-30-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree...im a short ass :) So another 5lbs or so in the right places is my goal.Im from UK,and the Federation i compete with are ok with the Torso / Arm twist.Thanks for pointing it out...

Jude2
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I agree with the others have said so far. You are very complete and you bring in a nice package. I would try to add more mass to your chest. Good luck in the future.

Quadsweep
01-30-2010, 04:52 PM
I am short as well 5 foot 7 and agree with not adding mass for mass sake. You have a nice physique for sure. I cannot tell if your hams are shallow from the side or if you are standing wrong on your side relaxed poses. They are great from the back so I think its foot placement. toe away slightly heal slightly toward judges and smash your adductors together. that will pust your hamstring out on the side shots. Hope that helps. Keep up the good work.

J.

maxxmuscle
01-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the Hamstring tip :) ..... Always learning....

My chest improved this year,but still needs thickness i agree.Been doing some isolation exercises before my compound movements as of late as my Triceps / Delts tend to take over on Chest work...

Dan Kennedy
01-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Good physique. Very symmetrical. Front lat pose needs work - you have lats but you're not hitting the pose correctly. Compare your front relaxed to front lat - where did they go? You look good!
Dan

maxxmuscle
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
I hear you on the FLS ! I have trouble rotating my shoulders ( Past injuries ! ) Had to do a lot of stretching etc for many weeks to be able to get the RLS to pop out.Gonna work on getting the FLS correct.Thanks !