PDA

View Full Version : First Post got a few questions

liftw8t
01-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Okay been training for about 3-4 years now, and I like to feel that I have gained a great deal of knowledge through trial and error and learning my body. Now question I have is:

Currently bulking and I consume 4k plus calories keeping it relatively clean not all burgers and pizza although I do have the occasional one here and there. But anyways my meals usually look like 4 solid meals of 500+ calories 40+ grams of protein and plenty of carbs usually 40-80 per meal, then I have like 2 snacks throughout the day of usually a dry cereal or granola of some sort maybe a cookie from time to time, then I have 3 shakes a day, now i'm guarenteed 2 each day and might do liquid egg whites in replace for it. My shake consist of 656 calories (Smart Gainer).

-Now my question is what are you guys feelings on shakes when bulking, am I drinking to many? My main goal is to always regardless get 3 solid meals each day 2 snacks then I fill in rest with shakes. Is this bad?

-My solid meals are usually steak or chicken with some carb either potatoe, rice, or pasta always jazzed up like pilaf, loaded potatoe, or alfredo fetticini. with a veggie of some sort, juice and bread for extra calories if i feel i can eat more so really my meals are around 600-700 calories.

What do you guys think, just need a bit of advise I mean i'm gaining and staying lean due to my body type so thats not a problem. Stats are:
5'10"
195lbs
7-8% bf
currently bulking

J. Daniels
01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
If you're gaining and staying lean then just keep doing what you're doing.

Follow the mirror. If you start getting putting on too much fat then it's time to cut back.

jack08son
01-30-2010, 11:19 AM
j.daniels said it man...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

liftw8t
01-30-2010, 11:42 AM
I hear that man, nah i didnt think anything was wrong but i always hear people say, "A shake is no substitute for solid foods and should keep shake consumption low as possible", so thats why i wondered.

DBowden
01-30-2010, 12:18 PM
People say that a shake is no substitute for solid food because a shake is a food 'supplement' and is not a substitute for solid food.

Nutrition should be based on solid food intake with a shake being used only to supplement solid food intake.

McLaug
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
You're lucky. I never could eat that much. And as you describe your situation, it works.
How much do you exercise to change those Intakes into muscles ?

s2h
01-31-2010, 09:50 PM
eat more,if your stayn lean and eating that much ,then eat more solid foods and see what happens,if you start to get some unwanted fat then back it off.Are you doing any cardio?Also are you a natty?

liftw8t
02-06-2010, 06:15 PM
You're lucky. I never could eat that much. And as you describe your situation, it works.
How much do you exercise to change those Intakes into muscles ?

I train 4-5 days a week and i'm like 7-8% bf seriously.

eat more,if your stayn lean and eating that much ,then eat more solid foods and see what happens,if you start to get some unwanted fat then back it off.Are you doing any cardio?Also are you a natty?

true, no no no never do cardio lol, i'm afraid of dropping lbs and i will drop 2lbs from looking at a bike, yes natty all day...just hard gainer i guess very slow solid gains.