PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

MusclesMarinara
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
I was just curious to see what everyone does to keep themselves in good moods and feeling good during contest prep. I know it all gets to everyone.

I feel it especially so in college, while all of my friends are eating shit and drinking. I just try to keep my goals in mind instead of letting it get to me, but its tough.

What do you guys do? What keeps you motivated?

DAVIDHARDY
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
I print out the flyer of the show and have it taped to the fridge, door, and other various places around the house. Also, if you know one of your competitors, then you can do that too. It helps me because I see them, the show, and I know that the competition is not slacking as they train for the show, so why the hell should I.

MusclesMarinara
01-31-2010, 07:20 PM
very good advice. i posted a calender from now until the show i cant find a flyer for my show online tho.

youve been a great help to me so far, i really appreciate it. God bless!

amy13
02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
I tape pics to the fridge... strategic positioning LoL
also kinda weird but I watch "big medicine" and shows like that - terrible but it does curb hunger!

Scoobysnacks
02-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I look in the mirror and realize, just not there yet. May never get there, but thats what keeps me going. Never satisfied.

rockhard
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Always saying to myself " Somewhere, someone I will meet onstage is training harder, dieting harder, and never slacking on cardio". This keeps me motivated that no matter how hard I am working or dieting, it can always be better.

Shariff Abel
02-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I Listen to Mr G's Motivational speech on afterhours .

jscan1
02-17-2010, 12:22 PM
THis is my 1st prep, But I have been doing posing trunk pictures every weekend in the mandatories. I then as I am reading the forums etc and see people put up their 'So many weeks out posts" do side by sides of comparable poses to kind of gauge where I am at. Oh and where I am at is "married to the stairmaster" for the next 13 weeks!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-17-2010, 12:25 PM
I look in the mirror and realize, just not there yet. May never get there, but thats what keeps me going. Never satisfied.

This.

sassy69
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Something very simple that keeps things in perspective is "You either do it, or don't bother". Meaning, you either do everything, or don't bother doing anything. Its definitely a mindset and probably the most challenging part of contest prep because you have to keep this even keel (since stress increases cortisol, which promotes belly fat & reduces your ability to sleep well , which equals poor recovery) attitude and get up and do your AM cardio, shovel down the same boring food, try to fall asleep, and still do your daily life / obligations (you know, those silly things like family & job) w/o losing it.

Personally I find that just trusting in what I"m doing, and mostly just making sure I'm doign what I'm supposed to be doing, and consistently, helps a lot. If food is an issue, it also helps to dissociate food from the usual things you think of - like immediate gratification, ooh wouldnt' that bag of M&Ms taste so good right now, etc. Basically nothing tastes as good as being lean!

If you're doing BB, I spend a lot of my spare time putting together my posing routine music & working on my posing in general.

Just gotta keep your eye on the prize... the time you spend at 16 weeks out is an investment in what you will uncover at water drop time 1 day out.

MusclesMarinara
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
thanks for all of the input. helps alot.

Shariff Abel
02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Print a flayer or a Picture of Mr G and post it on your Refrigerator . It will keep you motivated and Listen to his Motivational speech every Morning .

Maryland Muscle
02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Think of someone that placed higher than you in a previous show. Picture the moment on stage when you were presented 3rd place and how you felt afterwards. Thats pushing me now.

s2h
02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
thanks for all of the input. helps alot.a experienced possing coach is always a good idea,that extra set of unbiased eyes is a huge help getting your manditories down makes a huge difference when you hit the stage for the first time,and practice and practice well in advance,it will pay off in the end!!!

MusclesMarinara
02-17-2010, 10:52 PM
^ im going to go see Joe Franco soon to help with posing.