PDA

View Full Version : split vs/upper lower routine

Teenbodybuilder
02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Hello everyone! I was wondering if a split (dave palumbo higher intensity concept) or an upper lower routine is better for a mass gain phase. I was told that an upper lower split is better because a muscle only grows 2-3 days after training and it only makes sense to hit it 2x per week. But I personally think that when you train with a split and hit each muscle group with 3-4 exercises (opposed to upper/lower where each muscle group gets 1-2 exercises) it will take longer than than to recover. I also think that a split is better for a bb'er because the muscle can be hit from several angles in one session. I'm just curious to hear what you guys think is best.

Sincerely,

James

P.S., I have made great gains in the past 1 1/2 years (over 40 lbs. of lean muscle as well as some fat gains) using a training split and a very clean diet. I'm just wondering if my gains would be even better using an upper/lower split?

G-Roy
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I think both work well. I trained with a traditional split for a few years and finally tried out full body and upper/lower splits this year. Both systems have advantages and disadvantages and like everything else, they both work if you stick to them. I can tell you I had a good bit of success with the upper/lower split. I put on some new mass and loved the new routine. It may be best to try it out for a few months and just see how you like it because everyones body responds to different things. Sorry I don thave a definative answer.

Conrad
02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
All about what finding works best for you. I grew like a weed on a push/pull but then stopped. Thats what I decided to change it up.