PDA

View Full Version : Fiberlyze, mixability ?

gottabecool
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Doesn't seem to matter how I do it...Are the enormous chunks normal?

You mix plain bulk psyllium husk, or metamucil, etc, and they are a little thick, but not chunky.

Is this normal?

Achilleus
02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah same problem with mine. I would shake the fuck out of it for about a minute and it would still have chunks in it. Now I blast it in my magic bullet, much better.

Curt James
02-02-2010, 07:52 PM

You mix plain bulk psyllium husk, or metamucil, etc, and they are a little thick, but not chunky.

Is this normal?

Have you tried mixing it with your protein shake? This is one of my never-fail daily supps. Doesn't matter if you're a bodybuilder or not, Fiberlyze is the bomb.

Never encountered chunks or a lack of mixability. :confused: I've only ever tried the fruit punch, though.

Yeah same problem with mine. I would shake the fuck out of it for about a minute and it would still have chunks in it. Now I blast it in my magic bullet, much better.

I hate using an electric blender. My tried and true is one of those Blender bottles. Shake, drink, add a little water, shake, drink the residual mix.

http://www.opamerica.com/images/blender-bottle.jpg

Those shaker bottle are the rare brand where the top doesn't leak. Solid seal perfection. And I never use the wire ball thing.

salleluj
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I have the same problem. I shake it forever using one of the Blender Bottles mentioned above and still have clumps. Sometimes I feel more like I'm chewing it then drinking it. Either way though I still think its worth it.

robofsteel
02-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes the clumping is normal. Its just how the fiber blend mixes. Try using a small amount of water and freezing it for about 5 mins, its like eating a slush! Its a great treat when your dieting! I learned this one from my great friend Kat!

gottabecool
02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
alright, just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking a bad product (Maybe the container wasn't sealed or something.)
I have used shaker cups, just seems like more cleaning then a coffee mug and a spoon with similar results LOL

Speaking of which, it's about that time....

axioma
02-04-2010, 08:55 AM

Is this normal?
Perfectly normal, just mix the best you can and chew/swallow! Think bukkake:yep:...or not:no: I will mix mine with protein, Dave would know better, but I don't think is affects isolate absorption.

gottabecool
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Perfectly normal, just mix the best you can and chew/swallow! Think bukkake:yep:...or not:no: I will mix mine with protein, Dave would know better, but I don't think is affects isolate absorption.

Not for nothing, but to me, chocolate flavored fruit punch sounds terrible. LOL

But I am going to try the aboved mentioned freezer method. That sounds like an all around good idea.

gottabecool
02-04-2010, 01:25 PM
alright, just tried the slushy method. Outstanding recommendation. Definitely a good treat/change of pace.

sba220
02-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Fiberlyze will never be totallly smooth when mixed because it contains insoluble fiber....metamucil and other psyllium based products only contain soluble fiber which is why they mix up so easily. The insoluble fiber is what makes FIBERLYZE unique and better than any other fiber product on the market.

Blending it might get rid of most of the chunks, but half the product ends up stuck to the blender...I recommend just stirring it in water and pounding it down.

Curt James
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM
alright, just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking a bad product (Maybe the container wasn't sealed or something.)
I have used shaker cups, just seems like more cleaning then a coffee mug and a spoon with similar results LOL

Speaking of which, it's about that time....

Hence the clumps. I mean, how big is that mug? No way it will mix with a spoon as effectively as a well-sealed bottle that you can forcefully shake up and down or side to side a few times.

Not for nothing, but to me, chocolate flavored fruit punch sounds terrible. LOL

Hey, they do make vanilla protein!

Glad you like the freezer method and X2 on Dros' comment about a blender just leaving a layer of Fiberlyze remaining on the sides of the container. The shaker bottle is an easy fix there. Shake, drink, add a bit more water, shake, drink!

http://www.speciesnutrition.com/images/Fiberlyze/Fiberbottlesmall.gif

Ryan Bracewell
02-23-2010, 12:03 AM
I mix my fiberlyze in a blender bottle with about 10oz water and it never clumps. Only issue that I notice is if I do not drink it pretty quickly it will turn into sludge. I think the fiber must absorb some of the fluids.

Curt James
02-23-2010, 12:56 AM
I mix my fiberlyze in a blender bottle with about 10oz water and it never clumps. Only issue that I notice is if I do not drink it pretty quickly it will turn into sludge. I think the fiber must absorb some of the fluids.

Thank God! I thought I was going nuts. Fruit Punch never clumps for me. I often drink it as you recommend.

boatman
02-26-2010, 03:32 PM
will psyllium fiber help with regularity, or is that more of a function of the insoluble fiber?

Young Boss
02-26-2010, 10:18 PM

I do similar to this for both flavors but I use an extra 2 ounces for a total of 12 ounces in a blender bottle.