PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker new poster. Pics from first show.Need tons of improvements.

gymrat
02-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Did first show in September of 09 and was happy with getting back in shape. Brought the legs a good bit in the off season since these pictures I believe. Please let me know what I need to work on the most. Thank you in advanced.

Dan Kennedy
02-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Posing. Overall size. Posing. Conditioning. Posing.
Pretty even physique - not one thing that is too bad. Just work on adding more size. Lower half needs to be sharper. Posing needs a complete re-haul.
Dan

Quadsweep
02-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Your trunks are terrible! Get a CJ suit. www.cjsuits.com (http://www.cjsuits.com) will give you a much better V taper look. Your posing as said by Dan is pretty off and that is a big deal. Legs do need brought up as you said and as said above much sharper south of the border. Just keep at it and again.... get a posing coach.

Jeff

holyintellect
02-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Obviously your conditioning could have been sharper....The only real glaring thing that jumps out at me is your waist seems big...it doesnt give you a lot of the v tapered look from either the front or back...its really apparant from the third pic and the last pic.

I agree with Dan from the standpoint that there are no huge gaps or flaws in your physique....

Good luck!

tammyp
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
conditioning for sure. i would suggest overall more muscle mass, and focus on your V taper to help your waist look more narrow. and posing needs work.

Dan Kennedy
02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
A common problem I see with the front dbl bi is that guys scrunch down to flex their abs. Not a good idea. As was mentioned it will make your waist look bigger. What you should do is pretend you have a giant meat hook in your sternum and it's pulling you up. Inflate your lungs, arch your back - hit the pose. If you are in shape then your abs will come out - you shouldn't be flexing them in that pose.
Dan

gymrat
02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Thank you for all the advice. This was my first show and I should have spent a lot more time learning how to pose for sure. Conditioning was way off due to the fact that I tried to go from 20% bodyfat to on stage in 12 weeks. Was doing 3 hours of Cardio per day on a keto diet and I think that really softened my legs a lot. More than anything I had a ton of fun learning how to get in that kind of shape for the first time. I fell in love with the journey and all I want is to be better every time I step on stage and beat my last showing every time.

Jude2
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
conditioning for sure. i would suggest overall more muscle mass, and focus on your V taper to help your waist look more narrow. and posing needs work.
Agreed. Your rear lat spread is killing your back. I know your back looks good in the rear relaxed pose.

Outlaw53
03-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Physique good, condition fair, posing poor.

Rear poses are killing you.
I'm not a fan of flexing your abs in Front Bi pose.
Suck air into your lungs and create a vacuum style pose, never breathe out on Front Bi.