PDA

View Full Version : No more pain

McLaug
02-03-2010, 05:43 AM
We all know that every Indiviual responds differenty to a certain Training-Method, but maybe my Experience might be helpful to the usually overtrained Beginner.
A few month ago I started out with a 3 Day Split-Program. The schedule required 4 different Exercises for each Body-Part like Back, Shoulders etc. Although I started out with moderate weights as suggested to me, soon my shoulders started to hurt. Sidelifts, Arnolds and Presses became a constant source of pain to me, but I kept on doing them. As an unwanted byproduct of that torture I dropped two Jeans-Sizes, although I stuffed myself. (At least that was what I thought at the time).
So I looked up an old friend of mine who introduced me to a system called 3 x 3. It’s a basic Powerlifting-Routine which concentrates on Bench-Press, Squats and Dead Lift. A more thorough description is availabe all over the Net, so I’ll skip that here. He further changed my nutrition to a higher protein Intake and -that’s the honest truth-,
NO MORE PAIN. I follow that program 3 Days a week (on non-consecutive days), The rest of the week is for giving your muscles a chance to grow (and that they do…) It’s definitely worth a trial-run. During the 2 Day-Break I throw in a few sets of Bicep-Curls, Crunches and Oh, don’t start out too heavy. I didn't read all the threads on this wonderful site, so if this system has been mentioned already, just ignore me.
Good luck.