PDA

View Full Version : Girly Bulking

GirlyMuscle
02-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Do any of you girls get a tummy when you bulk? I swear if I didn't gain so much in my tummy I wouldn't mind the whole bulk/gain thing.

whatdayaknow
02-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Yes, just a little. I do my best to eat as clean as possible though. The cleaner that I eat the less I get of that.

tammyp
02-03-2010, 06:31 AM
yeah, but i eat about 2000 cals a day and its not to bad. i just finished a bulk and am up 12 lbs total. and added a good amount of muscle. doesnt take much for me to gain weight, so i watch it.

GirlyMuscle
02-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Am I the oddball? I went up 15 pounds in the first two weeks post comp. Then I did a bulk that added another 15. No wonder I'm miserable.

Toniann
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
All you guys look great, at my show last year I came in as a middle weight at 140 pounds, as soon as the show was over I went to Seaworld with my family and gained 20 pounds in 2 weeks. I am up to 178 pounds now. So I know I am a fat cow but I keep telling myself that I am a 5'7 large frame girl but it doesn't help much.
The only plus side is my strength is insane, I lift more than most of the guys in my gym, the bad side is I have to hear all these guys and there hurtful remarks. But I don't give them the satisfaction that they are bothering me.

Tami Bellon
02-03-2010, 08:10 AM
I gain everywhere but seem to really get more fluff on the legs and butt. Seems to be just more of my lower body that always struggles. I did follow Tammy's advice and just set a goal for what I gain and work within that range. That has helped.

GirlyMuscle
02-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I've seen what happens. I have friends who've dieted off 30-40 poundds and gained it all right back after the show. I swore I wouldn't do that because I knew better. But it happened anyway. It was so easy.

Still, I'd be ok with the weight gain if it wasn't all in my tummy. :)

Wendy
02-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm the same way with my weight gain GM. I have abs for a week and then they disappear - only 10lbs heavier and they are magically gone :(

My girlfriend is up 25lbs since her show and still has a 4pack. Everyone gains it different but I too wish it wasn't all in my stomach........

tammyp
02-03-2010, 08:44 AM
i am 145. heaviest i have ever been. but i am pretty cut have abs and even some lines in my glutes. i have added some good size....just chuck the scale. go by how you look. i am following that advice for myself this year!

GirlyMuscle
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I wish I could. I have no abs and no glute cuts. Ah well.

Suzanne
02-03-2010, 09:08 AM
No you are not weird

Since i am a water holder i go up 10lb no matter what after a show. I drop 7-8 the last couple days before a show. I am one who can never be just 15lbs from weigh in weight :mad: cuz of the water

I hold mostly in midsection so yes get a belly but also you have to think even just having more food in you is gonna make you belly bigger then when dieting and not getting nearly as much food

abs lol gone pretty much right after show

When i bulk i do a lean bulk. So my weight doesn't go up a lot but my body composition changes and if Jeremy feels bf getting to high we pull back cals a little drop me a bit then bring cals back up.

KBigz81
02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
We are all different. Just remember it came off once it'll come off again.
I gain in my butt and legs. Right now my legs are pretty soft but I can still see my abs. But my legs are really stubborn when it comes to dieting.